• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

History : the Taj mahal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Sesh/MM,

If you could say Max Mueller tried to distort the truth, others can also equally claim that that 'Taj Mahal issue' could also be distrotion of truth. The basic line of argument here is,any exploration of Truth should have some goals like comfort to mankind/alleviating human sufferings/Peace to mankind /protecting nature etc, rather than wasting time/energy/money.

Even if Maxmuller is wrong, but then, equally he was also in pursuit of truth about Indian race? If that pricks, then this also should..

Dear H.H, you may interpret my view on stem-cell the above context. Im all for stem cells research, but im yet to come to a term of seeing a clone of a mother getting married her own grand son!! If anything can be done freely to achieve end results, we should not be having issues in locking Orangs in Centrifuge...Touching bit ethics here.

this addage Ji! in Tamil sense gives a different meaning altogether.

chee...

it depends on how one sees it.

'munda' amongst northies has a good or neutral connotation but among southie language groups it can have a negative connotation.

even in southies, this is one example: kaadu in tamil means "ear" and in telugu it means "cannot".

am sorry i do not mean to distract from the topic.

just sharing a simile about how just one word can be understood in two diff ways, because of our conditioning.

same goes for what one might consider the 'truth' from his end about history. we are talking about conditional truth here...

to a common person like me, kya farak padta hai, mandir ho ja masjid....reminds me of that song "ishwar allah tere jahan me..."...we fight knowing well that all land belongs to that "one".

Dear Sesh/MM,
Even if Maxmuller is wrong, but then, equally he was also in pursuit of truth about Indian race? If that pricks, then this also should..
Max muller was wrong... and his effort was to undermine the hindu ideologies, and so his research was done with a malignant attitude and not with a thirst to know the truth... You seem to look at his effort and the issue of the Taj in the same light and hence your view...

In this instant, we are trying to find out infalliable evidence that proves/disproves the case... and for that the GOI should interfere and have a honest look at the Taj... Let the vaults be opened and every corner of the Taj be subject to scrutiny if it would prove a case... What is wrong in that?

I am not a fanatic; I will accept the truth, whatever the results show it to be...

If you could say Max Mueller tried to distort the truth, others can also equally claim that that 'Taj Mahal issue' could also be distrotion of truth. The basic line of argument here is,any exploration of Truth should have some goals like comfort to mankind/alleviating human sufferings/Peace to mankind /protecting nature etc, rather than wasting time/energy/money.
Truth is not a medicine to offer comfort or relief from pain... Truth is both absolute and relative... relative truths change with changing times and people; the absolute remains...

I am not saying without proof; the hindu scriptures cannot be understood in their essence without karma and upasana... while one can master the literal, the experience would be lacking... hence, muller's effort was a distortion (and not just an attempt at distortion)...

Same goes for the Taj too; we all tend to look at the Taj as a muslim work because we have been fed this from the very information; but when we realize that it could not have been always so, a impartial enquiry is needed...

Last edited:
i find k's post irrelevant to the thread topic. The topic is not about democracy but the credit-worthiness of the history spun by democratically elected leaders.

topic is simple....

all the history taught to us , does it stand the scrutiny of critical analysis?... unfortunately the answer is NO, so what is to be done?, correct the wrong facts and strive to give an accurate facts about history, millions are reading the skewed history presented and million more are going to READ in future.

sir,

inspite of my formal disclaimer at the top of my note, i wish to disagree with you, re the appropriateness of my note here.

we can go on in circles, over a deliberate theory. but as you are aware, there is no QED ending. only subjective selection to prove an assumed point.

what i have done, is to take the logics involved here, to one step higher ie the undertones of anger, indignancy and violence. and walked through the consequences, through my own experiences.

sir, i am only too familiar with the arguements posed by pn oak gauthier, and those of their ilk. there are equivalents in other cultures and societies.

those of us, who live in north america, abhor their equivalents, as we feel threatened with their hate spews. to be at the receiving end is indeed a sound lesson.

what i do not understand, is how these very same indians, subscribe, to similar venom, when it comes to india.

why not churn this into another form of spin - claim the glories of hindu india re science, maths, astronomy, chanakyanism, vaLLuvar, sidha medicine.

oh no.. these things are conveniently ignored, while we go about digging past temple graves to resuscitate prayer halls of the future? all to set right wrongs of the past? the past is full of wrongs.

but there are also 'rights'. maybe we should have mirror image mentality, and focus on the good things that happened in the past.

i feel very saddened, when otherwise educated men, resort to feeding the dogs of ill-will. and that too in the name of religion. of culture.

i see an oxymoron here!

the sad fact is that book education, may not necessarily translate into knowledge and wisdom. in its most corrupt form, book education becomes a tool of the evil and the perverted

thank you.

Dear Sesh,

Jockingly.....

What about the 1000's temples bulldozed and burried under the 4000KM long Vajpayees Quadrilateral Express Highway? Are you going to add them in your wish(research) list? Or you gonna wait for another white man, to make a study in the next century?

KEEP IT SIMPLE.

QED is who built the TM , which enjoys immense stature in WORLD. Considered as one of the wonders of the world.

For what purpose it is built ? if it is conceived as masuleoum - why it is built to FORT-PALACE scale.

why it is built in Rajput - FORT-PALACE style.

Why some portion are hapahazardly put up with steps

why the niches are empty.

why the inside is devoid of marble finishes - i mean for a masouleum inside is equally if not more important than external what?

where the aesthetics gone in the main centopha area by the shape of the screen in OCTAGON .

Any meaningful discussion is possible only if you try to answer the questions directly all this meandering is totally unneccesary - IMHO.

Frankly , I don't know about OAK or stephen - my knowledge is limited to the urls provided by our forumites.. neither I'm intersted in knowing their ideologies.

Until I saw the pictures yesterday , I'm also not convinced 100%, but after seeing those pictures - no enquiry is needed. GOI just need to correct the history books - that's all.

So please STICK to the topic .

I want to really know now, what is Mughal Architecture in INDIA, or is there any such thing?

Please don't mix religion here, The TM is totally different case from Babri Masjid ....

this is about Architecture and History - and leave it there .

I've no ill-will with anybody.
If there is one BAD-SHAH , doesn't mean all others are bad equallly.

sir,

inspite of my formal disclaimer at the top of my note, i wish to disagree with you, re the appropriateness of my note here.

we can go on in circles, over a deliberate theory. but as you are aware, there is no QED ending. only subjective selection to prove an assumed point.

what i have done, is to take the logics involved here, to one step higher ie the undertones of anger, indignancy and violence. and walked through the consequences, through my own experiences.

sir, i am only too familiar with the arguements posed by pn oak gauthier, and those of their ilk. there are equivalents in other cultures and societies.

those of us, who live in north america, abhor their equivalents, as we feel threatened with their hate spews. to be at the receiving end is indeed a sound lesson.

what i do not understand, is how these very same indians, subscribe, to similar venom, when it comes to india.

why not churn this into another form of spin - claim the glories of hindu india re science, maths, astronomy, chanakyanism, vaLLuvar, sidha medicine.

oh no.. these things are conveniently ignored, while we go about digging past temple graves to resuscitate prayer halls of the future? all to set right wrongs of the past? the past is full of wrongs.

but there are also 'rights'. maybe we should have mirror image mentality, and focus on the good things that happened in the past.

i feel very saddened, when otherwise educated men, resort to feeding the dogs of ill-will. and that too in the name of religion. of culture.

i see an oxymoron here!

the sad fact is that book education, may not necessarily translate into knowledge and wisdom. in its most corrupt form, book education becomes a tool of the evil and the perverted

thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Sesh,

Jockingly.....

What about the 1000's temples bulldozed and burried under the 4000KM long Vajpayees Quadrilateral Express Highway? Are you going to add them in your wish(research) list? Or you gonna wait for another white man, to make a study in the next century?
Totally out of context... again, no parallel can be derived by such examples... but, if you wish, give me a link that proves the 1000s of temple demolition and let us decide on a case to case basis...

First let us find out whether the purported mahal has a hindu origin or not? it is an effort to show the real history....

BTW, where did the white man creep in? Days of the white man dictating things are over... :thumb:

Actually, it would be good if we can have a poll setup for the idea of this thread... as to whether history should be rewritten if proved contradictory...

or/and

as to whether GOI should go for an open enquiry into the taj or not...

I agree

Let us face it. The last 1000 years of Indian history has been written by Islamists (Mughals), the Christians (British) and now the secularists (anti-Hindus). When are we going to have a Hindu centric view in our own country which was once the cradle of Hinduism. While the Christian west and Islamic middle east feel proud of their heritage, only we Hindus feel ashamed to discuss issues like the Taj even within Hindu forums just because Indians are made up of Hindus, Muslims and Christians. Even if compelling evidence has the potential to prove the Taj was once a Hindu monument, we will not discuss it openly because of hurting Muslim sentiments but what about Hindu sentiments getting hurt by camouflaging the truth. No one is suggesting to take this to the streets but not to even be curious about what seems to be overwhelming evidence and stifling discussion is not democratic. Unfortunately most of the world history including India's has been WRITTEN by two of the most violent ideologies on earth which sprang up in the last 2000 years.

1)))First let us find out whether the purported mahal has a hindu origin or not? it is an effort to show the real history....

2)))BTW, where did the white man creep in? Days of the white man dictating things are over... :thumb:

Dear Sesh,

Every thing in this country has/had/have a Hindu origin..Every Indian moslems/christians/parsis/jews still have a some hindu-origins in one or the otherway.. And there no doubt 'Taj Mahal' too has a hindu origin..

The crafts man,architect, earlier land owner, rajastani marble, tax money used for building it all had a hindu touch or origin and any one on this world would accept this fact. So where is the problem?

Secondly, pls have a relook in to the two articles in post #1. ... I should believe Architect Mills and Stephen are not white men? :)

While the Christian west and Islamic middle east feel proud of their heritage, only we Hindus feel ashamed to discuss issues like the Taj even within Hindu forums just because Indians are made up of Hindus, Muslims and Christians.

America is much younger than Taj and Middle & Middle east was just a barren desert land until oil was found 50 years ago.. Mohanjadaro,Harappa,Hampi temples were excavated only by Brits, just because they understood our priceless heritage and artifacts.

So, stop feeling insecured about our 5 millenia heritage.. You may have a problem with it, but the whole world has accepted our heritage long ago,without any second thoughts..

mm,

i do have to apologize for having in communicating my intent.

yes, i am with, that my posting can appear off topic or been hijacked.

to be frank, i would even go to the extent, that the taj may have hindu antecedents.

to sum up: so what? these are pazhankathais. to resuscitate these from the dungheaps of history, is to wade through those dung. how can ever one come out of this smelling good?

a society has to develop to a level, to dispassionately view the past - as something that happened, over which they are not responsible.

i think india of today is getting over the worst memories of the raj.

but somehow, the wounds of islamic conquest is being festered. deliberately by those with their own agendas, which are of inconsequence, i think, to tamil brahmins.

a society has control of the present and a capacity to change the future.

to me all this talk of taj or jumma masjid, and what stood there before the muslims, is but a futile exercise in inciting anger and hatred.

the reality of today is india is not only multi lingual, but multi religious as well. the vast majority of hindus, i think, do not care about the origins of taj. we should not too. take it for what it is worth. or leave it.

we as tamil brahmins have far more important things to focus. our tamil heritage is questioned. repeatedly, we have voted our thoughts and deeds against the majority of the other tamil tribes.

i think we would be better to rediscover our tamil roots. and put this effort, to integrate ourselves back into tamil society.

that will do some good to our children. perhaps open up avenues of education to our poorer brethren.

to me, spending time and effort, wondering about some north indian monument when our own social acceptance in the land of our birth is pulled like a rug underneath our feet.

sesh, in his initial posts in this forum, talked of starting institutions to help out poorer tamil brahmins. a noble thought. i commend him for that.

why abandon such good deeds, to expend a lot of hot air about a bad bad shah?

i joined this forum because the stated focus here is tamil brahmins. in that order. tamil first. brahmins next. focus in the right order.

why waste our energy on discussing something that is outside our area of domain? to me this looks lime the 'velaiyillatha ambattan's other object to practise his trade.

i do not mean to mock or condemn the contents of this posts as presented by you or sesh. i respect your views. except, i think, it is a waste of valuable time and energy.

we could do better things to positively contribute to our clan - in thoughts, words and ideas.

simple suggestion: after 40 years of dravidian rule, why are we the only community excommunicated from the mainstream of tamil nadu. we use forums to sulk and complain.

would not a community, with plenty of smarts, as we like to generally boast, come up with a strategy, so that other tamils views us 'brahmin neutral' rather than with animosity.

it is possible. even karunanidhi has good things to say of the north. his children learn hindi. they have adapted to realities and doing so, profited.

as a community, why cannot we bend with the wind, and similar earn our due share of society's spoils.

last word. we always say that the dravidian parties are corrupt to the core. sir, personally, i know of congress corruption in tamil nadu prior to 67. and we all know of the corruption in the congress indira through sonia.

let us come up with ideas looking forward. we can look deep back, if it will serve to profit us. otherwise, it is a waste.

hope i made some sense, this time.

thank you.

Shri Kunjuppu, discussing about a topic does not mean that we forego other activities.... am sure you would agree with me on this... there may be some topics which appeal to certain mindsets and hence it is but natural to feed on various topics in a discussion forum...

I would like to ask you one simple question - How would you like the Taj to be referred to in the history books on which the future generation would develop their sense of identity, belongingness and awareness? Just as the Aryan invasion theory was debunked, should not this be thrashed out, whatever be the outcome?

Just as everything has its place, history too holds one...

But, this does not mean that we lose track of our sense of purpose (am repeating this)...

Sir, you pointed out correctly that my initial foray in this forum was with a vision of brahmin unity, and, you were the first to reply; one of your points was that we have 'mountainous egos'.... very rightly said, and that is proved in this very forum itself, many a time (I am guilty too)!

I know members who are interested in the idea of a brahmin trust, but you would have seen the response it received in the forum.... am sure that your good self believes in individual efforts... but sir, that alone will not help... what we need is a united effort...

In spite of our awareness to unite, we do not do so... why? coz, we like to discuss and debate, and debate..... that is all... "Vai Sollil Veeranadi" seems tailor made for our community... we harbour independent perceptions and think that one's own experience is the best and try to impose it on others...

You may be liberal in your thinking; Would that perception always work with the other? There are folks who respect tradition, rituals and a sense of conservatism in our community... You sir, would agree with me that it is not wise to bad mouth it in the name of upliftment...

Like mine, I see many isolated calls for our unity, but nobody budges from their own comfort zone... Perhaps I am no exception...

Like you said, there are many intellects in this very forum, eloquent in their expressions and exhibiting an abundance of grey matter, but still we are not able to achieve a togetherness... what do you attribute it to?

We seem to sulk because even though individual brilliance shines, there is no network in our community... this will not uplift the community in today's scenario...

I do not see the experienced leading the way by practising... What I see here is some elderly individuals questioning the practices of brahmins, their ways and their beliefs... nothing wrong in that, you might say... but sir, why was the question of upliftment not pointed out there? Very few members are active in posting consistently and it is suicidal to assume that all brahmins would prefer a modern approach to the issue just because that the few seem to agree with each other...

Some members talk as if it is a big embarassment or idiocy about the vedic practices of brahmins... though I must admit that we are very good in ridiculing our own practices and felling them in arguments by questioning and comparing...

I dont want to repeat myself in elaborating... but would request you to think that even though upliftment is a priority, it does not mean that we lose our cultural identity of a brahmin in every aspect...

I know you mean good; so do the others...

You too are asked questions for which there is no satisfying answer...

We imbibed from our learning that the Taj is a muslim architecture and refuse to turn our minds to another line of reasoning... Similarly, we repeatedly brainwash our minds to think that there can be no brahmin unity, but only individual efforts...

Regards,

Last edited:
Am gonna put forth a few posers here, sans niceties, the brutally frank way, am curious for the responses:

1) The jain versus shaiva of the past is well known. The shaivas won, and the institutions became hindu. There are quite a few southie places that stand on sites that were once considered jain. Do you agree that they be returned to their former state, as a jain place of worship, to any current jain board?

2) Same for buddhist places of worship. As well as for temples that were considered the abode of a diff diety. If a current perumal kovil was a sudalaimadan kovil of the past, do you agree that they be returned to the madaswamy worshippers, since their practices differ from other temple practices?

3) if it is proven that your ancestors were buddhist before they became hindu, do you agree that you should revert to buddhism, since that was the original belief state of your ancestors?

4) If it is proven that you house stands at a site that was formerly lived upon as a hut by a paraiyar (before your ancestor became a land-owner), will you return your house to a descendent of the paraiyar?

5) If lets say the taj was built using material sourced from various places, including doors from buddhist viharas / jain temples, do you agree that the taj should be dismantled in a way that each of the material used, should go back to its place of origin.

6) If the taj is proven to be standing on a place that was originally jain before it became puranic hindu, then do you agree that the taj be returned to a jain board?

Call all of these illogical similes, which am sure you will (part of it is intended to be illogical actually); to be rejected as wrong logic, and wrong comparisons.

But remember, if you make comparisons of a selective kind, derive logic of a selective kind, then others too can do the same.

Last edited:
Dear H.H,

Sesh's stand is only for study purpose inorder bring out the truth (not to demolish anything). But he doest realise what social chaos it will bring, once some one bring the truth on the above said points listed by you.

As Shri.Kujuppu said in one of his earlier posts, "Lets use our time and energy effectively and worktowards the unity/development of society and man kind"..

Dear H.H,

Sesh's stand is only for study purpose inorder bring out the truth (not to demolish anything). But he doest realise what social chaos it will bring, once some one bring the truth on the above said points listed by you.

As Shri.Kujuppu said in one of his earlier posts, "Lets use our time and energy effectively and worktowards the unity/development of society and man kind"..

Sapr,

there are motifs here.

first some politicians wanted the babri masjid to be studied, only to bring out the truth, then came the demolition mob..

shri kunjuppu-ji is very right, practical and down to earth as usual, hope it appeals to our friends here.

Dear Sri mm Ji,

So now it was a Rajput palace! Not 'Tejo Mahalaya'? Which is it Sir?

Of course it could have been a Rajput Palace, because Shah Jahan bought it from the Hindu King, after compensating him.

So, what does it prove?

Are you alleging that somehow the palace was built according to the Persian Mausoleum architecture to begin with?

Regards,
KRS

Oh ! it does proove

it is very "nutty' of you to say that it doesn't.

TM was designed and built as palace in the first place and that too as a rajput palace.

By saying Funny YOU cannot run away with the facts....

"STOLEN" photos is a non-issue, compared with what they stole.

BTW are you saying "photos" were stolen from your closet or somebody's closet.

Please read my post again

I am confused. Where in my post I am saying I am insecure about our heritage?

I am confused. Where in my post I am saying I am insecure about our heritage?

I would put it the other way.. Few of our Heritages were lost by Invasion.. It had happened not only in India, but all around the world. That's history.

Instead of getting worried about the lost heritage, lets work on to keep safe the existing heritage..

Pls Ponder, why these things are happening in India after Independence..

1) Do we have any action plan to stop the theft of antiques from our existing monuments/temples? Panchaloga Nataraja idols are the hot pick in the intenational market!!

2) Rich indians still adore their bungalows with antiques stolen from temples.. Any say on this?

Just type Idol+heritage+antique+India+stolen+temple and press the google button...You will realise yourself, whats the need of the hour!!!

I would like to ask you one simple question - How would you like the Taj to be referred to in the history books on which the future generation would develop their sense of identity, belongingness and awareness? Just as the Aryan invasion theory was debunked, should not this be thrashed out, whatever be the outcome?

thank you sesh.

i will try to answer this question, to the best possible way i can. this process itself will take a manageable post. the rest of your query, another time.

i see this query as a fully loaded bomb.

no matter what answer i give, other than fully complying to the path suggested by you, i might be suspect of varying forms of cowardice, indifference, pseudo secularism (!) or a self hating hindu.

so, please understand, that while i try to navigate, through these perceived minefields, and yet come up with a credible reply. not easy.

to start off: i fear an entry into the past, with a view to uncover wrongs, is not conducive to healthy understanding of those that happened several several eons ago. wrong approach.

the past, i think, should be treated as a lesson. something that if we do not learn from, we are bound to repeat. no more and no less.

i fear, that instead, such investigations as proposed for taj, effectively condemns us as prisoners of history.

for we acknowledge, that the current edifice, viewed as among the wonders of the world, is not, in our view, worthy of such honour, and the classical structure besmirches another holy foundation. otherwise, we would not have pursued this line of curiosity.

to pursue along those lines, i believe, we will become trapped in its intolerances, and will feel duty bound, to take corrective measures, which will produce another round of abuse and violence.

i have personally strong doubts about the bona fide of the published 'search after truth' purpose re the origins of taj, but that is a personal thing, and i may be wrong here.

personally, if i am convinced, that the taj was built over a destroyed hindu temple, i am perforced, by the reality that i live 350 years after the event, that it should be treated as a thazhumbu, to my religious psyche.

there was once a wound. the scab is a constant reminder of it. if i leave it alone it does not hurt. but if i fester it, open the wound, and further, drop in a few germs, it festers further, till the wound swells and grows and grows. ultimately it will destroy me.

i hope, you see where i am coming from. i am looking at this issue, from a viewpoint, that these type of investigations, will ultimately self destruct us.

sesh, please believe me. i do not want this to happen to our sons and daughters. genteel poverty is 1000 times better than a bomb wielding youth destroying our country. these type of thoughts are but seeds of self destruction.

re the latter part of your query - 'for the sake of future generations'. this was the clarion call of the nazis. all for the next generations till 1000 years. just look at the destruction they committed. a full generation of young men died.

this is what i have learned from history. hence my rather convoluted responses to this query.

i feel considering the realities of today, such exploration into irrelevant topics, are not only unnecessary, but fraught with a potency that can ultimately unhinge the mind, and let loose the crazies.

this is but a portal to possibilities of evil. let us avoid it.

there are lots of good deeds to be done. let us focus on those.

our future generations will be more proud of us, for our good deeds, than for whatever we come up with, as to the antecedents of taj mahal.

let sleeping dogs lie.

finally, on a personal note, i have been to see the taj twice. i felt more excitement at the cape of good hope in south africa, at the congruence of the two oceans.

i could envision the vasco da gama over the horizon, and opening up a new chapter in history. i had goosepimples all over me.

i did not feel such at the taj. ignore it. it is not for you. or me either.

thank you sir.

Last edited:
Dear Sir,
Don't want to keep dragging this and will sign off with my response below.

I would put it the other way.. Few of our Heritages were lost by Invasion.. It had happened not only in India, but all around the world. That's history.
I don't get comforted by the fact that since it happened elsewhere I just accept what happened here.

Instead of getting worried about the lost heritage, lets work on to keep safe the existing heritage..
Again I agree with you that we should work on keeping the existing heritage but does not mean I will ignore what might have happened in history.

Pls Ponder, why these things are happening in India after Independence..

1) Do we have any action plan to stop the theft of antiques from our existing monuments/temples? Panchaloga Nataraja idols are the hot pick in the intenational market!!

2) Rich indians still adore their bungalows with antiques stolen from temples.. Any say on this?

Just type Idol+heritage+antique+India+stolen+temple and press the google button...You will realise yourself, whats the need of the hour!!![/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]

I see this in two parts. One is to look into the evidence that is being shown and discuss about it and the other is to actually act in some way if the evidence proves that the Taj was actually a Hindu palace or temple. I am all for the former and for the latter I am sure if there is enough proof even the Muslims would accept the Hindu origins of Taj. But the problem in our country is the moment the government says it is opening the sealed rooms of the Taj there will be bloodshed on the streets. I am trying to imagine the opposite scenario here. What if the Taj was a Muslim monument and converted into a Hindu one and the government orders an investigation. The maximum we will do is discuss about this in forums. I am not saying we create mayhem but we will not be united in putting up a fight, me included. For me the spirit of inquiry and awareness is important even if it is relating to something few hundred years ago or eons ago. The present of today becomes the past of tomorrow and if all such incidents are just buried under the carpet we will just rob future generations of the ability to even examine facts and base all values on false premises and information. Anyway, to each his own.

This is probably the crux of the issue.

Sesh-ji is right in a way that there shouldnt be any inhibitions in going in pursuit of the truth, knowing the truth and accepting the truth.

Generally speaking, it may not be possible for us to 'act' in accordance to the 'truth' at 'all times'.

On a personal basis, we can set very high standards for ourselves and pursue the truth at all times.

But here we are dealing with society which is a quite complex structure. Actually society is nothing but a "composite ratio" of people of all races, ethnicity, ability, temperament, socio-economic class etc..

Naturally we cannot expect everyone to approach the truth with the same maturity that a sesh-ji has. What some of us are fearing is the "reaction" to the truth.

Here again, if i have to score a "self goal" then should we then not take any action that could invite trouble from the masses ?

The obvious answer is no.

We as a nation have not dithered from proclaiming neither Godse guilty or Afzal Guru guilty ; Hindus have accepted Godse's role in killing Gandhi and even if some sections of Muslims do murmur, they cannot openly find the judgement faulty because the same judgement exonerated Gilani.

So we do have the 'stomach' to accept truths inconvenient and it is not as if we cannot face truths for fear of negative / violent reaction.

My take is that we should not shy away from pursuing the truth for matters which are worthy and could make a difference to the society.

On a "relative scale" (not absolute) pursuing the truth about the TJ, in my list of priorities comes very low. I dont see how it is going to help Hinduism, Hindus or India.

But if it goes awry, we all know what kind of trouble we can invite.

The scars of Babri have just started to heal and in my view it wouldnt be wise to reopen the scars that threaten the very existence of our country.

myth : delving into topics like these means u will not have time to be productive in life

i am personally aware of youngsters who have come up from very humble beginnings , have always showed keen interest and effort in topics like these and now are based in india and around the world and are continuing to do their bit to inform people of their forgotten heritage even as they continue to be productive and meaningful part of their families and the society they live in .....

myth : trying to learn the past will hurt people ....

not learning the truth is not a good idea ... why should we think that people of a community will be ok only with perpetuating falsehoods? are we suggesting that they dont care for the truth or for fairness in representing historical facts?

Dear Sri VV Ji,

Let me again quote this letter to show you how ridiculous the analysis is. If the author cared to do some research, Mumtaz died when SahJahan was on campaign in Deccan (and she accompanied him), and after temporarily burying her body there it was brought to the site where TM was being built and againg buried in a small building till it was completed. And then again it was exhumed and placed under the current tomb.

These are the types of uneducated and mischievous fact telling in the name of getting back our Hindu heritage that is killing our credibility. Just say one day it was a Palace and fifteen years later, say that it was a grand temple! Without any proof. Just conjecture.

Regards,
KRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back