• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

History : the Taj mahal

Status
Not open for further replies.
anda pulugu , agas pulugunnu kelvi pattrukken , eppa than enaanu purinjuthu...

I've heard the saying , Lies as big as world as high as sky... i only understand the immense dimension now...

Last edited by a moderator:
the verandah , cuppola are all indian architecture yar...

see why so many rooms for the deceased...

This is designed as palace... ended up as a mosque.. What a story Line..

Dear M.M,

If we were to meet in a forum by 2610 AD, we both would be breaking our heads like this...

TAJ Hotel Mumbai - The British built hotel would be seen as a mosque of of 19th century..

Bahai temple Delhi - The house where TATA's lived in 2008

Rashtrapathi Bhavan - Definitely a mosque by 1950..Its purely built on mogul architecture.

Puttaprathi Sai Bhabha temples : Possibly a muliti religious study centre, cos all religious symbols were excavated there.

sap!

Sri mm Ji,

No personal comments, please!

Regards,
KRS

so ok lets say we build or rebuild or whatever with the taj and make it "hindu", will "dharma" get restored?

india is the only country where people fight to be both backward and forward.

the backward want to be backward for government benefits.

the forward want to be forward for image benefits.

both will try their best to keep their "status". one wants to destroy dharma. the other wants to restore dharma.

guess it does not matter to either that their surroundings are littered with too much garbage and too many people. but they will talk about old glory.
:embarassed:

mera bharat mahan. :painkiller:

re

so ok lets say we build or rebuild or whatever with the taj and make it "hindu", will "dharma" get restored?

india is the only country where people fight to be both backward and forward.

the backward want to be backward for government benefits.

the forward want to be forward for image benefits.

both will try their best to keep their "status". one wants to destroy dharma. the other wants to restore dharma.

guess it does not matter to either that their surroundings are littered with too much garbage and too many people. but they will talk about old glory.
:embarassed:

mera bharat mahan. :painkiller:

mm

solution for this is,one rule for all as Indians only - period.No forward no backward no caste no color no creed =BUT ONLY INDIANS FIRST.

MERIT IS THE KEY,NOTHING BUT MERIT.

sb :)

let's not get distracted...

See photo TAJ photo #17 - look at the pillar on the extreme right side- this is a very authentic hindu pillar with floral motiifs as capital, this octagonal shape can be seen in many of our village houses. Gosh...

See photo TAJ #51 - THAT'S IDENTICAL MAN ....

arivu sottuthu pathumm pola, i tried to translate that - nothing else - hh

let's not get distracted...

See photo TAJ photo #17 - look at the pillar on the extreme right side- this is a very authentic hindu pillar with floral motiifs as capital, this octagonal shape can be seen in many of our village houses. Gosh...

See photo TAJ #51 - THAT'S IDENTICAL MAN ....

mm

i know its tejo mahalayam.goi is forced to accept this way becoz,oil will be cut from middle-east.fund by christians will be cut.so,indian leaders are behaving like this and giving a filip saying all **.so sufferers are hindus,our children,our descendants and our pithrus.fate.

sb

bala...

arasiyal pannati namma allungalukku pizhaippu kidaiyathu... athanala merit karpanai'ellam vittu vidavum.

thanga churangam makkum .... athai poi viduvala?

mm

i know its tejo mahalayam.goi is forced to accept this way becoz,oil will be cut from middle-east.fund by christians will be cut.so,indian leaders are behaving like this and giving a filip saying all crap.so sufferers are hindus,our children,our descendants and our pithrus.fate.

sb

no no , people will understand if it is said with all the proof, and bear it in mind , we don;t get anything free, we give wheat and a whole lot of things to get oil.

even without oil, we can source for alternate source if we put our collective will.

i still believe there is a room for sound reasoning and fairness with people at large.

the abuse is with people having power .. that's where the problem is...
foolishly we went for democracy so we are paying the price for it.

nothing else.

the abuse is with people having power .. that's where the problem is...
foolishly we went for democracy so we are paying the price for it.

if one were to simply state facts with no excuse of being disguised with niceties...you cud be in for a real shock with what the past can show you.

if not for democracy, perhaps your time wud hv bn spent at the beck and call of a princeling, either muslim or hindu, who cud have actually decided everything in your life....addu daan arasiyal...

lets be thankful for democracy...absolute power has always corrupted...i thank god that we both have a voice in democracy.

What the ASI said & V S GODBOLE'S BOOK

some more food for thought .....

http://openlibrary.org/b/OL511051M/Taj-Mahal-and-the-Great-British-conspiracy

http://satyameva-jayate.org/2005/11/07/the-biggest-whitewash-in-indian-history/

http://www.hindunet.org/hindu_history/modern/godbole_taj1.html

http://www.hindunet.org/hindu_history/modern/godbole_taj2.html

.... in the last link scroll down to year 1866 to see wht max muller confessed was his motive behind translating the vedas .....

the last two links provide some more anecdotal references ....

WHAT the ASI said ..

in the second link , scroll down to the 7th comment written by v s godbole himself ...

Last edited:
not sure if this is the right spot to pen a few words about the concept of history, and how those who do not learn from it, are condemned to repeat it.

i see a lot of angst among the posters here, about a lost inhertance. i respect that. to be frank, in my earlier years, i have been through that process. just as vehemently. perhaps more.

at that time of my impending influence, into the concept of investigating history, during the 60s & 70s, there were no internet. we, teenagers, fed on the raw print, of the likes of organizer and rss meetings.

the residual feeling, which i still get invoked, is one of indignant anger. at my neighbours, muslim friends etc., who overnight, transformed in my mind, from chumminess and conviviality, to become destroyers of the hindu civilization.

i believed. but i was keenly unhappy. or very disturbed, because, the more i attend those meetings, the more anger i felt, and the i was incited to violence.

thankfully, life circumstances, separated me from further participation. it is on reflection, of this types of accidents, that i am thankful to my God, for saving me, from a certain path to self destruction.

after 40 years later, all i feel, for those lost years, is a sense of betrayal. how lucky i was, in a way, from being a cannon fodder, to some extreme crazy, who in the comfort of his fortress, could influence the not-so-safe ventures, which his followers would do, all for his greater glory.

it is not in germany alone, that a fuehrer is made. there are little fuehrers and fuehrers wannabe all over. more so in india.

history is past. we do not have any control over it.

what we read, is a view of an observer. there are umpteen blogspots invoking hatred. hatred agains God to against the amoeba, and every creature inbetween.

it is upto each of us to believe, to our comfort, or discomfort levels. we hope this is a birthright. but i think, it is wrong to use this forum, to invoke hatred. to invoke any activity or thought, which goes against the spirit of the indian constitution.

the architects of our constitution were wise men. ambedkar, always insulted, scorned and beaten, but always a vaNangamudi, could see through the hypocracy and good sounding words of many of the anti british groups, to envision an india of ideals.

nehru, for all his faults, guaranteed an india for the next generation. it is an india of democracy and free expression. free elections. a sympathetic nation towards the dalits, and the disenfranchised.

the execution of the ideals may be faulty. but the very fact, that we acknowledged our imperfect past, and went on record, to strive for perfection, speaks volumes of the best of our endeavours.

when i see some of the hindutva agenda, i am reminded of the republican party of the u.s.a. it is predominantly white, protestant, very strongly ethnocentric, not willing open up its tent to the reality of multi diverse culture and above all, its sense of entitlement to rule.

as tamil brahmins, we are now persona non grata in our own land. i think, we should do more, to step in line, with our fellow tamil tribes. think less as brahmin. think more as tamils.

you may ask 'why'?

the recent fascination with the true north, came with the increased communication, our own disenfranchisement in tamil nadu, and above all, i think, we are better than our fellow tamil tribes.

mildly stating, it could be termed as 'ignorance'. a stronger word would be 'arrogance'. the truth is probably somewhere in between.

those whom we hurt, i believe, are the poorest of our lot. those comfortabale perched in the u.s.a., canada, europe, singapore, australia, etc. can from the comfort of their climate controlled household, pen inflammatory postings to exhort the youth to unleash their passions into violent thought and deed.

after all, once if a few dollars is spared, it is considered as doing enough for the 'cause'.

but at what cost to those at the bottom end of the totem pole.

blindly believing the 'sage' words from the mutt heads (pun deliberately intended), these poor miserables, become misfits in their own environment.

violence begets violence. it destroys the perpetrators. how many of us are willing to see our sons, brothers, fathers killed, daughters, sisters, mothers violated? then why should we invoke this type of thought into our youths..

folks, who want to do research to revise history, must first be willing, to sacrifice themselves, their children, siblings, parents.. for these are the cannon fodders for those with hidden agendas.

yes, anyone can do 'research' to prove anything. the world can still be flat. but, it takes a lot of courage, and honesty, to go beyond our immediate prejudices, and understand our strengths, and above all our weaknesses, to fight, for a gentler and kinder world.

thank you.

Last edited:
Dear Kunjuppu Ji,

Thank you for such an inspired posting. This for me, brings it home.

Dear mm ji,

Showing the stolen photographs without context and building funny lines around them proves only one thing. A good 'story' is always entertaining. Nothing more, nothing less.

Does not prove unfortunately what you claim it proves.

Regards,
KRS

Oh ! it does proove

it is very "nutty' of you to say that it doesn't.

TM was designed and built as palace in the first place and that too as a rajput palace.

By saying Funny YOU cannot run away with the facts....

"STOLEN" photos is a non-issue, compared with what they stole.

BTW are you saying "photos" were stolen from your closet or somebody's closet.

#90 by Shri. Kunjuppu.

I would nominate post #90 by Shri. Kunjuppu, for the 'Best Post Of This Month".

Moderator: See, if you could open a contest..Thanks

i find k's post irrelevant to the thread topic. The topic is not about democracy but the credit-worthiness of the history spun by democratically elected leaders.

topic is simple....

all the history taught to us , does it stand the scrutiny of critical analysis?... unfortunately the answer is NO, so what is to be done?, correct the wrong facts and strive to give an accurate facts about history, millions are reading the skewed history presented and million more are going to READ in future.

and also people genuniely seeking inspiration from "Moghul Architecture" will be mis-lead , they will be mistakenly reading Hindu Architecture as Moghul one.

the post from K's one didn't address all these , it's not objective and it is very subjective and completely irrelevant here with high negative speculation.

So I request moderator to intervene and remove the post from Kunjuppu in this thread topic.

I don't have any hope with KRS , I 'm expecting something from Nacchi.

I agree with shri kunjuppu's post in certain aspects, but it fails to take a practical perspective on all issues... Just as he shares his perspectives, we do too...

His post is similar to the feelings explained here (in my quote below), but probably not strictly confined to the theme of the context (of the quote):

Ray (2002: pp.306–307) relates the 'clear seeing' (vipashyana) of dukkha of a student at a rave party, the fruit of their extensive sadhana:

"A striking example of Vipashyana was provided by a student of mine in her early twenties who had been meditating for some time. Since her late teens, she had been a devotee of "raves," dance parties held at enormous warehouses in our area, attended by literally thousands of young people. Well-known bands are engaged, the music is loud, alcohol and drugs are sometimes consumed, and the dancing goes on until dawn. The atmosphere is said to be usually "mellow" and fun, and the young folks are drawn back to the parties again and again. My student was attending a rave one Saturday night and, for no apparent reason, wanted to feel the cool, the space, and the silence of the night. She left the huge warehouse where the party was happening and walked across an adjacent field onto a a hillock beyond. Turning around, she looked at the building, throbbing with music and blazing with light, packed as it was by several thousand ravers. Suddenly, without warning, it was as if her eyes were opened for the first time and she "saw" the party--so she reported--in all its naked reality. She saw the tremendous desperation of the people inside, their loneliness and hunger, how they had all come there seeking to escape from their suffering. She saw how they had all become predators, preying upon one another, in a fruitless search for happiness. It was an endless game in which, she too, was involved. Overcome by the sorrow and hopelessness of the situation, she broke down and wept. She came to talk to me because, as she said, this experience had shown her something not only about raves, but about life in general, about the many things people do out of their own pain and misery. She told me that she felt, for the first time, the meaning of suffering. She saw her experience as a direct product of her meditation practice and her commitment to her spiritual path. Her experience made her realize, again for the first time, that her meditation was the one anchor in her life and that the spiritual journey she had undertaken was about having her eyes opened, in perhaps shocking and painful ways, to the underpinnings of the seemingly normal, everyday world."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vipassana

I also agree with mango in that the relevance to this thread is completely out of sync...

This is just to know whether our history is coloured or not... why should we confuse with extremism, unnecessary emotion and prejudiced notions that anyone who advocates a true look into our history is a product of fury?

And yes, probably, not all those who write are couch potatoes...

On a broad level, I would concur with post no 94 of malgova.mango.

, so what is to be done correct the wrong facts and strive to give an accurate facts about history , millions are reading the skewed history presented and million more are going to READ in future..

Dear M.M,

I fully agree with you in exploring truth..But social/ethical/Harmony/Nauture are always counted, before exploring truth.

Given a chance, stem cells can get us two mothers! Should we try it. Rather, people work on constructive ways, like making heart tissues/liver etc, which could be useful for mankind.

Even Max Muller also tried to explore the truth!! You and I know the end results....heavy irrepairable social damages.

Last edited:
Given a chance, stem cells can get us two mothers! Should we try it. Rather, people work on constructive ways, like making heart tissues/liver etc, which could be useful for mankind.

yes sir, we should and we will try it.

stem cells are the future, and the way to the 'contructive way' that you have mentioned in the second sentence.

am absolutely in love with sri kunjuppu-ji's post.

Dear M.M,

I fully agree with you in exploring truth..But social/ethical/Harmony/Nauture are always counted, before exploring truth.

Even Max Muller also tried to explore the truth!! You and I know the end results....heavy irrepairable social damages.

sap !

discussion is about HISTORY , stick to that... Other matters can be discussed in other posts.

this addage Ji! in Tamil sense gives a different meaning altogether.

chee...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back