• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

History : the Taj mahal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Sri VV Ji,

As I said, the same information is repeated and circulated in the hope that it becomes true. The Badshanama is available to anyone and reputed historians do not say it was a magnificent palace! It only says that Jai Singh was compensated for an ancestral property.

The BBC info is about PN Oak controversy.

So again, I ask - what is it - was it a palace or 'Tejo Mahalaya?'. Even if it was a palace, obviously it did not look the same. It definitely has the persian architecture and Islamic features. So what is the issue?

Regards,
KRS

a snippet on wht the bbc had to say abt this ...

http://psenthilraja.wordpress.com/2006/08/04/the-controversial-truth-of-tajmahal/

http://palaceoftruth.blogspot.com/2009/06/re-visiting-taj-mahal.html

and why does the badshahnama seem to say that the building was usurped?

there are definite doubts about the persianess of the architecture and abt the way it was taken from the jaipur king and i guess , no doubt even by islamic records as to whether it was a magificient structure that was usurped .....

Dear Sri VV Ji,

The architecture of TM has been classified DEFINITELY as that of the Persian Safavid class for Mausoleums.

Can you tell me why you say there are 'definite doubts' about this? Who has created these 'definite doubts' and on the basis of what?

Regards,
KRS

there are definite doubts about the persianess of the architecture and abt the way it was taken from the jaipur king and i guess , no doubt even by islamic records as to whether it was a magificient structure that was usurped .....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back