• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

EV Ramasamy Naicker's hypocracy

Status
Not open for further replies.
All kinds of people exist everywhere in the world.But in Indian sub-continent,after exporting our dharma,to places like Nazareth,Mecca,Medina,Egypt,Syria.....Afghanistan....Americas...Meru Mountains (North Pole )....when we read Bhagavath Gita with bhakthi,the Lord himself reveals his opulence.Nomenclature today varies.Old wine in a new bottle.Ellam Vayathhu Pozhappu.Expressions vary,but the substance is the same,that is the essence.

:) sb :)

Happy Hindu,

You talk about sporadic cases, whereas I have discussed about large scale social changes and I do not find anything strange in it. But, I just want to know the real motivating factor in those cases, for academic interest.

I too have moved about freely with Lingayat community in Maharashtra and their concentration is in the Miraj - Sangli - Kolhapur and Solapur -Latur belts. Though they are peace-loving people in general and engaged in business (mostly trade), I do not find anything 'so progressive' in them, as you have described.

i suppose the term 'progressive' that am using is rather relative....there are several things i can list abt them at the social level, one - they have no restriction on menstruating women doing prayers, two, widow remarriage and acceptance of such marriages is common, three, generally socially they do not see women as inferior to men and so on.

as far as motivating factor is concerned, me too have been interested in knowing reasons of conversions at the individual-level, family-level and entire community-level.

So far i do not know what motivates several people from diverse backgrounds to take up lingayatism so faithfully - atleast till now i am able to think that either it is sheer faith or they are impressed with what they find (like mayb they find more freedom, community-bonding and help, etc, in the lingayath faith rather than in general hindusim perhaps).

Lingam_Yoni,is actually the correct technical word.But yet in a Male dominated society,only the mention of Lingam is prevalent not that of Yoni.Even the caste is named Lingayats.Of course i am willing to be corrected,if my observation is wrong.

Creative energies are symbolically shown to people,as Lingam & Yoni.Yin & Yang.Postive & Negative.The principle of dual atributes.

Phallicism or worship of the reproductive energy was prevalent in many countries of yore. But, I heard that Linga worship in India is nothing to do with this practice. That is why 'yoni' is not discussed at all (not due to the supposedly male chauvinism)

Rutherford, the scientist who discovered and demonstrated the effects of nuclear fission, is reported to have remarked thus:

"Oh, someone from India has already done this, before me.
How did they do it?"

This he said out of exclamation, on seeing the Lingam idol in a museum (London?). Further, I read somewhere that the dust particles coming out of a nuclear fission formed the shape of a lingam.

Can someone throw more light on this?

Fission and Fusion

Shri pannvalan

I actually go back to the story of Lord Shiva's column of light shaft as his effulgence.Where Lord Vishnu is asked to find the bottom of the light shaft and Lord Brahmaa the origination of the light shaft.You all know the story.

In fact Einstein,Oppenheimer....and other such eminent scienticts,have given their testimonials about Bhagavath Gita.In fact Oppenheimer has suggested,the Kurukshetra War,near Haryana-New Delhi,obliterated humanity for a while.Maybe all these Astras,did all those things and we have no memory of it.When we find thru archealogy,artifacts,we then give our scientific interpretation.Again,between scholars,there are many opinions...and it goes on...

Any ways EVR,was only interested in getting his way.And he found intelligently,that the dis-united Tamil Brahmins are easy pickings.Unfortunately for us,we are not physically strong like Kshatrias,so we use mental or cerebral power to fight.Now that too has become "Mandum".Finally no more pappan or papathy,only suthra kuttan and suthra kutties..rofl.

this is a nice one on krishna: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...sts_closer_to_Krishna/articleshow/3898205.cms

i was watching a documentary on the 'gospel of judas' on the history channel and its really cool that the westerners are able to pursue and record biblical characters as historical figures....it wud be so nice if similarly the lives and details of our gods were pursued as historical figures too...am a bit wary abt the puranic tales...they are just too imaginative and i do not beleive a man can become a horse or a parrot and start talking spiritual stuff and all that..

This is not possible in Hinduism. At lease not in India. A section of the Hindus are becoming more and more intolerant of any scholarly research into Hinduism. An example of this is the recent controversy in Delhi University about the article "Three hundred Ramayanas." by A.K Ramanujan, a Tamil Brahmin.

http://www.english.emory.edu/Bahri/Ramanujan.html

You will find a lot of criticism on the net. But none from other research scholars. The full article is never quoted. Only some excerpts to support their point of view. He has been called names. He was a highly respected poet, translator, linguist, and folklorist. He was awarded Padma Shri title.

This section calls all people who differ from them as Anti-Hindu. This is a familiar tactic of extremists. Adolf Hitler's first targets were Communists and intellectuals from the German Universities. The first concentration camps were for them.

Of course in a country where Adolf Hitler's book sells like hot cakes, the adaption of his tactics should come as no surprise.

>>they are just too imaginative and i do not beleive a man can become a horse or a parrot and start talking spiritual stuff and all that..<<

Shrimathi H H

I saw a TV program,where a Chinese Scientist,has succesfully produced between two species,a creation,a third species.For example,say between,Chimpanzee & a Monkey.In his lab experiment of stem cell experiments,he has done using two different species of rats variety.

While this is human endeavor,imagine millions of years back.Our Yuga concepts somewhat match Carl Sagan's theories too.

For education there are Hayagriva Mantras.Its all a matter of faith,when it comes to Sanathana Dharma.

Last edited:
>>Of course in a country where Adolf Hitler's book sells like hot cakes, the adaption of his tactics should come as no surprise.<<

It's natural Deutch Lander's will buy Hitler's books.What proof is there for your claim,that Indian's are the majority Hitler books patronisers,if you don't mind?

If at all any leader or country,who is implementing Hitler,Goebbels..theories again,then its Bush & Cheney deadly duo.Wire Tapping,Intercepting Of Mails,Obsfucations,Lies,Deceit,Manipulations...Ame ricans are seen as low life curs,and in the latest election,more than vote for change for Barrack & Joe,it was the hate for republicans which turned the tide.No doubt Barrack is awesome inspirer and i personally campaigned for his victory.

Last edited:
Shrimathi H H

I saw a TV program,where a Chinese Scientist,has succesfully produced between two species,a creation,a third species.For example,say between,Chimpanzee & a Monkey.In his lab experiment of stem cell experiments,he has done using two different species of rats variety.

While this is human endeavor,imagine millions of years back.Our Yuga concepts somewhat match Carl Sagan's theories too.

For education there are Hayagriva Mantras.Its all a matter of faith,when it comes to Sanathana Dharma.

SB-ji,

there is a limit between how far we can let religious beliefs interfere with science. I certainly do not beleive in mixing them together.

It wud be ridiculous to expect a horse or a parrot to start spouting the rigved in the present time.

It is really unfortunate to read abt what Sri-N-ji has said. What use is there in us being intolerant to scholarly research into Hinduism. That probably just shows how shallow we are as people of "faith".

And i thot the ancient hindus were totally open minded, kinky, cranky, crazy and everything when it came to being experimental...what a contrast some of us are in the present time.

Am sure i do not beleive in this sort of hindusim.

Last edited:
Christians have done a lot of research on Christianity. Most of this research is based on modern rigorous science and scientific method. Indians in general refute modern rigorous science and scientific methods when it comes to Hinduism. And the recent trend is to dismiss all research done even earlier as Christian propaganda.

Just to quote a couple of examples

Vedas were compiled from 1500 B.C according to Western scholars. But Indian researchers place the date to 3000 to 3500 B.C. But you see the web sites about Hinduism giving dates ranging from 10000 to 20000 B.C. How did they arrive at this figure? No proof.

Again the first writing in Sanskrit does not date before 1st century B.C. Megasthenes (350 B.C to 290 B.C) who came to India has reported that Hindus do not have a written language. But then would we accept it. Even in the college lecture class, people refuse to believe it and argue. The same case with the age of the Vedas.

Though almost every one agrees that Adi Sankaracharya was born sometime between 800 to 900 A.D there are some in Tamil Nadu who still argue that he was born in 2500 B.C.

Any fact which is against common belief is rejected out of hand.

Even now research is being done in the west especially U.S about many interesting and unknown facets of Hinduism. But these papers and books never make it to India. We do not want to know. It is not that there is no Indian who is interested in doing research on Hinduism. But under such conditions it would be very foolish to do it.

Vedas were compiled from 1500 B.C according to Western scholars. But Indian researchers place the date to 3000 to 3500 B.C. But you see the web sites about Hinduism giving dates ranging from 10000 to 20000 B.C. How did they arrive at this figure? No proof.
Could the period of the various yugas be taken into consideration in dating our scriptures?

That might be more easier...?

http://www.stephen-knapp.com/timings_of_the_four_yugas.htm

VEDIC TIME TRAVEL

Vedic Units Modern Unit Equivalent Equivalent Equivalent Equivalent

Paramanu =0.00001316872427983540 Seconds =2/151875 Second =Primodial Atom

Anu= 0.00002633744855967080 Seconds =2 Paramanu =4/151875 Second

1 Trasarenu =0.0001580246913580250 Seconds =6 Anu =8/50625 Second

1 Truti =0.0004740740740740740 Seconds =3 Trasarenu =8/16875 Second

1 Vedha =0.04740740740740740 Seconds =100 Truti =32/675 Second

1 Lava =0.1422222222222220 Seconds =3 Vedhas =32/225 Second

1 Nimesha =0.4266666666666670 Seconds =3 Lavas =32/75 Second

1 Kshanas =1.280 Seconds =3 Nimesha =32/25 Second

1 Kashthas =6 Seconds =5 Kshanas

1 Laghu =96 Seconds =15 Kashthas =1.6 Minutes

1 Nadika =1,440 Seconds =15 Laghus =24 Minutes

1 Muhurata =2,880 Seconds =2 Nadika =48 Minutes =0.8 Hour

Difference is adjusted

in 13 month after 3

years - Mal Masa

1 Prahara =10,800 Seconds =7 or 8 Nadika =180 Minutes =3 Hour

1 Divasa & Ratri =86,400 Seconds =8 Prahara or 30 Muhurata =1440 Minutes =24 Hour =1 Day

1 Paksha =1,296,000 Seconds =15 Complete Days =21600 Minutes =360 Hour =15 Days

1 Masa =2,592,000 Seconds =2 Pakshas =43200 Minutes =720 Hour =30 Days

1 Ritu =5,184,000 Seconds =2 Masa =86400 Minutes =1440 Hour =60 Days

1 Ayana =15,552,000 Seconds =3 Ritu =259200 Minutes= 4320 Hour= 180 Days

1 Hindu Year =31,104,000 Seconds =2 Ayana =518400 Minutes= 8640 Hour =360 Days

1 Solar year =365.2587565 Days

1 Pitr day =30 Days =1 Masa

1 Pitr Month =900 Days =30 Pitr Days =2.5 Years

1 Pitr Year =10,800 Days =12 Pitr Months =30 Years

Life of Pitr =1080000 Days =100 Pitr Years =3000 Years

1 Deva day =360 Days =1 Hindu Year

1 Deva Month =10,800 Days =30 Deva Days =30 Years

1 Deva Year =129,600 Days =12 Deva Months= 360 Years

Life of Deva =12960000 Days =100 Deva Years= 36000 Years

Vedic Units Deva Year Hindu Years

1 Deva Year

1 360

1 Charan

1,200 432,000

Deva Years

Deva Year Charan Hindu Years Dawn Kratyuga Twilight

Satyuga = 4,800 = 4 =1,728,000= 400 =4000= 400

Treta Yuga =3,600 =3 =1,296,000 = 300 =3000 = 300

Dwapar Yuga =2,400 =2 =864,000 = 200 =2000 = 200

Kali Yuga= 1,200= 1= 432,000 = 100 =1000 = 100

1 Mahayuga =12,000 =10 =4,320,000 Hindu Years

PRESENT

1 Manvantara= 852,000= 71 Mahayuga= 306,720,000 HinduYears Brahma Year 51

Earth is submerged into water

Month 1

1 sandhi kala= 4,800= 4 charans= 1,728,000 Hindu Years Kalpa= 1 shvetavaraha

Period submerged

Stage Daytime

1 Manu =856,800 = 308,448,000 Hindu Years

Manvantra 7 Vaivasvata

Mahayuga 28

14 Manvantara & Sandhi

Kalas & 1 adhi sandhi OR

From February 18,3102 BC

1000 Mahayuga =4,320,000,000 Hindu Years Yuga Kali

1 Kalpa= 12,000,000

Day 12,000,000

Manifestation of Universe, Day is manifestation

Night 12,000,000

Demanifestation of universe, Night is Brahma Sleep

1 Day of Brahma= 24,000,000= 2 Kalpas (Day& Night)= 8,640,000,000 Hindu Years

1 Second of Brahma= 278 100,000

1 Minute of Brahma= 16,667= 60 Brahma Seconds= 6,000,000

1 Hour of Brahma= 1,000,000= 60 Brahma Minutes= 360,000,000

1 Month of Brahma= 720,000,000= 30 Brahma Days= 259,200,000,000

1 Year of Brahma =8,640,000,000= 12 Brahma Months= 3,110,400,000,000

1 Pararddham= 432,000,000,000 =50 Brahma Years =155,520,000,000,000

Life of Brahma (Param)= 864,000,000,000= 2 Pararddham= 311,040,000,000,000 Hindu Years

Last edited:
That is why Lord Brahmaa,is sort of anagrammed into Abraham,for the Jewish Clan.Abrahamic faith could be,an offshoot of Sanathana Dharma itself.At least for me i am at peace to think,they are are our brothers & sisters :)

Maybe EVR got mad becoz of this truth.

Could the period of the various yugas be taken into consideration in dating our scriptures?

That might be more easier...?

http://www.stephen-knapp.com/timings_of_the_four_yugas.htm

He seems to be a popular writer who is obviously a Hare Krishna devotee. I do not see anything about his academic qualifications or research work published.

I think he dates the Vedas even before the evolution of the Homo Sapiens. Then you have to reject all the research on evolution of homo sapiens, Stone age, Bronze age etc. Almost all that I have learnt about Human history.

HH. The postings would show how difficult it is to do any research on Hinduism.

Last edited:
>>It wud be ridiculous to expect a horse or a parrot to start spouting the rigved in the present time.<<

Shrimathi H H

I had dogs & bitches as pets while growing up.Without speaking Tamil language to me,they could still communicate.It's love all you need to co-exist.Live and Let die.

>>He seems to be a popular writer who is obviously a Hare Krishna devotee. I do not see anything about his academic qualifications or research work published.<<

Shri Nacchinarkiniyan

Mahaswamigal has a writer Ra.Ganapathi,who wrote Deivathin Kural.If we click on http://www.kamakoti.org Hindu Dharma is neatly elaborated.Prolly your hero Acharyaal Ramanujacharyal devotees have websites too.From a western perspective,even in Christian religion,there is lot's of controversy amongst themselves.

But,for me there is no ambiguity at all.They followed Sanathana Dharma principles are still following it.But some Christians do not want to acknowledge,unlike the Chinese.After the death of Christ,for 80 years it was oral tradition.Just like Hindus did.Then gospels of John,Mathews.... all got collated in Armaic ( C ( S ) A I R A M ).

Isa is Sai.Sai is Isa.

Last edited:
EVRama swamy Naicker was supposed to be infused by evil spirits and more specifically by asuras to speak against gods and brahmins.The youtube video shown on him shows him in an ugly facial expression badmouthing god and beievers.Asuras have used him to go against Hindu dharma.Im sure he must be in Rourava for his charyas and kriyas.He has blatantly also insulted Tamils caling them barbarians and the language which they speak as a barbaric language.With people like Nachikiriyan we dont need any external people like EVR to spoil our image!

Shri urdhvaretas

What's Shri Nacchinarkiniyan & EVR getting clubbed together for.EVR is a dingbat,who was walking around with a priapism,and a slightly screw loose in his nut,and has bolted away to Naraka Loka.

He seems to be a popular writer who is obviously a Hare Krishna devotee. I do not see anything about his academic qualifications or research work published.

I think he dates the Vedas even before the evolution of the Homo Sapiens. Then you have to reject all the research on evolution of homo sapiens, Stone age, Bronze age etc. Almost all that I have learnt about Human history.
I just meant it as a referral.. there are also other sites wherein the calculations are exactly the same...

A list of his books: http://www.stephen-knapp.com/books_by_stephen_knapp.htm

The date of evolution of homo sapiens is based on fossil and other related evidence... I think a comparison based on such scientific hardcore evidence and our scriptures is out of bounds.

As I had said elsewhere, the absence of scientific evidence does not always disprove anything...

There are fossils of prehistoric animals dating back to several millenia before the stone age...

If some other day, a new fossil crops up dating to several thousand years before the dark age or the stone age, then again, science has to be reshuffled... It is the nature of science - everything is relative (maybe facts, new theories and proofs etc).

We had the LHC experiment to simulate the situation just after the universe creation (or the big bang)... maybe future science would find out an experiment to date the evolution of mankind!!!

The option is left to us...

Last edited:
The early Vedic people buried their dead. Only during the later Vedic period they started burning. Old Vedic burial mounds have been discovered in Kerala. This confirms earlier reserch findings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back