• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Do 'pithrus' really curse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raji Ram

This question has been haunting my mind for quite sometime! Now a days, 'pithru dhOsham' is found
in

many horoscopes,
by the astrologers. They recommend different 'parihArams' to be performed and usually

the cost is in thousands. I want to know the answers for these questions.

1. Will people really curse their own descendants?

2. Is the 'pithru dhOsham' found in a horoscope the effect of 'pithru sAbam'?

My dear Raji,

I think it all depends on whether the pithru is a mithra or chathru

and whether descendents HELPED him in discreet ways to :rip:
pass into eternity for his aasthi/ house/ land/ money or anything else besides.:popcorn:

So a pithru can both bless or curse I think depending up on his nature and
the nature of the relationship between him and his family. :croc:

I remember hearing a gentle lady swearing once that
she wanted to die so that she can come back and :scared: her offenders.

This question has been haunting my mind for quite sometime! Now a days, 'pithru dhOsham' is found
in

many horoscopes,
by the astrologers. They recommend different 'parihArams' to be performed and usually

hi RR madam,

i had same question many years....i can feel my self..my father died in his young age...may be32 yrs....i was 4 yrs old boy

at that time....he had many dreams and ambitions abt me....when he was in death bed...he used to call my name many

times.....after so many years....every year my father's sradha time......i had problems for 3 months before every year....

i went to rameshwaram/kasi/gaya sradham done there.....still i have same problem for more than 5 decades.....

i have pitru dosham in my horoscope too....after sradham everything fine.... i never get answers....even my

mother had same problems like me.....till sradham everything problem....after sradham everything fine...

Last edited:
Smt RR

Ref your OP.

I hate to use the words: "Scam" , "Nexus", "Kingpin", "Mastermind", "Sleeper Cell" , "Modus Operandi"..........,
as these seem to be the most favorite words these days in the print and digital media.

The "Nexus" in the political fraternity has been much talked about. A recent development is a "Nexus"
in the medical fraternity [ advising unnecessary tests and scans, prescribing therapies and drugs - wherein
Pharma Cos, Investigative Labs and Docs seem to be involved, because of the obvious monetary interests ].

I guess this is just another of those "Scams". The guy reading the naadi in Vaitheeswaran Koil, will prescribe
the pariharam, the parihara kshetram and even name the person in that Temple - the usual parihara kshetrams
are Tiruvengadu, Tirunallar, Tirumanancheri, Alangudi and Tirukkadiayur. All within a range of 50 kms of eachother.

Nobody ever prescribes Chennai or Chengalpattu or Guntur or Vijayawada!

I guess here too there is a "Nexus" involved and that the "relief" that one gets from doing these pariharams is
mostly placebo - even pariharams prescribed by astologers/palmists/numerologists/ astro-palmists/vaasthu experst
who have no connection to Vaideeswaran Koil or other established Naadi centres.

Recently, one of those Naadi readers in Vaitheeswaran was in the news - he apparently predicted things and prescribed
pariharams for a man already dead !

Guruvethunai
Yay Yem

Last edited:

in

many horoscopes,

I would like to reply only to the first question

It is not whether the pitrs realy curse the descendants. In our normal living itself many a times ourselves utter or hear the elders utter words like "kaDankArA, nASamAi po... etc." in frustration, anger, helplessness etc. These are momentary utterances which are regretted later on.

If the utterings of pitrs are expected to have effect (because their blessings and curses both are expected to operate) then it is more than likely their utterings in frustration etc will bear fruit.

Generally pitrus do not curse. The pitrus when they are alive do not curse because willy nilly they have a share in the deviant behavior of their children and they know it. After death what they do, do not matter because we do not know what they are doing and where they are. We have no control over them. So pitru sApam or pitru dOsham is one of those many inventions of the astrologers to keep the flock returning to them with the fear of the unknown asking for advice on parihArams. Dear tbs, every year before the srAdhdham day for three months you fortify yourself taking care not to get involved with any accident. In course of time you will be free of this fear of the unknown.

Cheers.

I know a family of three brothers and the youngest is the one who does all nithya karmAs regularly.

He performs srAddham for his departed parents and is a pious man. His son has a lot of pithru dhOsham

and he was advised to do parihArams including a visit to Rameswaram. When he asked why ONLY his son

got pithru dhOsham in his horoscope where as the sons and daughters of his brothers did not have, the

reply came like this! 'pithrus will select the pious man, so that he will do the parihArams for their mOksham!

Howzzzat!!

Dear Tmt RR

Your post # 11.

There, you have it. That's exactly what I said in post # 2 - " Modus Operandi " of a "Mastermind " .

"Kingpins" target the captive herds of the gullible lots - using 'fear of the unknown' as mentioned
by suraju06, in post # 6.

Clearly, archaic ideas and theories from medieval minds stuck in a time-wrap.

Yay Yem

I know a family of three brothers and the youngest is the one who does all nithya karmAs regularly.

He performs srAddham for his departed parents and is a pious man. His son has a lot of pithru dhOsham

and he was advised to do parihArams including a visit to Rameswaram. When he asked why ONLY his son

got pithru dhOsham in his horoscope where as the sons and daughters of his brothers did not have, the

reply came like this! 'pithrus will select the pious man, so that he will do the parihArams for their mOksham!

Howzzzat!!

Raji Madam

kgopalan Sir is best person here to clear your doubt.

However I just wish share this with you.

Pitru Dosha: This yoga is formed when Rahu and Ketu are with any of the Luminaries and are placed in the 6th, 8th and the 12th house. Many a times, this yoga is also formed in the 5th house and if other planets do not show any beneficial aspects, this yoga does not allow a person to progress at all. There can be hospital stay and / or confinement.

Indian rishis suggest poojas (rituals) to be performed to ward off the evil effects of these yogas. One of them is Narayan Nagbali Pooja. This pooja gives relief to a great extent. This pooja is performed at a few prescribed Indian locations such as: (1) Trambakeshwar in Nashik, (2) Chandod near Vadodara in Gujarat, (3) Kala Hasti in Tamil Nadu and at (4) Haridwar.

It is very important to note that these poojas have to be performed at the places mentioned. Trambakeshwar has the pride of place as mentioned in our Puranas. The priests available at Tranbakeshwar are highly organised and perform the pooja very nicely. The Pooja lasts for 3 days. It is stated in the ancient text that Pitru Dosha occurs if any ancestors up to the 7th generation on the father’s side and up to the 4th generation on the mother’s side have expired at an early age or have had an unnatural death. If such is the situation, my humble request would be that this Pooja should be performed. This pooja has given relief to many and I have first hand experience in this effect.

Vedic Astrology : Astrologer Trivedi:

Dear RR,

When he asked why ONLY his son got pithru dhOsham in his horoscope where as the sons and daughters of his brothers did not have, the reply came like this! 'pithrus will select the pious man, so that he will do the parihArams for their mOksham! Howzzzat!!

That shows how smart the astrologer is and how fat he has estimated your purse to be.

Cheers.

in

many horoscopes,

Hi RR,

I have observed few persons cursing others. Going by their example, I do believe 'pithrus' may curse others including their descendants.

I don't know much about 'pithru dhosham' or 'pithru sabam' though. May be they are possible too.

Cheers!

astrologers are telling the preatha dosham as pithru dosham and no pithru curse is there.

In the horoscope if the maandhi or gulikan have placed in 2nd or 4th, or 7th or 8th or 12 from lagnam it is called as preadha dosham. that is in his family some body must had met unnatural death.road accident. train, bus,plane, accidents. drinking poison, , bomb blast, suicide, snake bite, murdered with knief etc.fire, small pox, drowning in water,death in forign countries, death due to poverty. death by animals. falling from height. nobody was there at the the time of death for help.

these persons after death will get preatha stage. from this stage after 12 days vaasodhakam and thilothakam if properly done these persons will get pithru stage and they will join along with pithrus.
secondly if the 12 days karmas are not done properly and/or yearly ceremonies are not done with sraddhai these pithrus will go silently with graet grief. that is all.
these unnatural dead persons will do harm to other relative/ close friend persons. until the natural death time comes for them. for these persons if you do thila tharpanam 10,000 aavarthies they will get pithru bhavam and will join along with pithrus.

now a days you know bomb blasts, road accidents are more and these unnaturally dead persons will give you trouble even if you are a close friend to himm as he cannot be satieated by any food or by anything. he is coming to you to get relief by asking you to do thila homam.

Lord Rama killed the brahmin -Ravanan. To remove the brahma hathy dosham he had done shanthies in many places but only in Rameswaram the brahmahathy dosham left. So we have to do pariharam only in rameswaram.

From the horoscope with the manthy"s place in 2, 3,4,7,8,12 the astrologer find out that there is pretha dosham. from the help of Prasna aaroodam or thamboola prasnam or ashta mangala prasnam the astologer find out prasna lagnam or thamboola lagnam. for sara rasi 11th and for sthira rasi 9th and for ubhaya rasi the 7th house lord is the Bhadha gaathipathy.

For all sara rasis kumbha lagnam is the Maha bhadha gathypathy. For bhadhaga sthaanam dhanus, simham, kanni and vrishikam vrischikam is the Maha bhadhaga sthaanam. for Bhadaga sthaanam rishabam, kumbham,mithunam and meenam Maha bhadhaka sthanams are makaram,kadagam dhanus and dhanus respectively.
If the mandhi is in male rasi the preatham is male. and if the mandhi is in female rasi the preatham is a female. in the prasna aarooda rasi and amsa chakra on a particular date if the mandhi is there in bhadhaka sthaanam or if the maandhi and bhaadhagathypathy joins together in one rasi or in amsam chakra maha bhaadhagathy pathy is there in in bhadhaka rasi preatha dosham is there.

if mars aspects mandhy or bhadhakathypathy it is due by accidant,fire,small pox. If sani aspects mandhi suicide,poverty, death in foriegn countries , death without any help=====lonely----helpless. etc. if rahu aspects snake bite, poison driking. if in water rasi and along with water planet drowning. if that rasi is animal rasi death by animals.

Smt. RR,

The issue of "pitru sApam" or "pitru dosham" is a commonly accepted one among the Kerala astrologers and the average Keralite also. I am not however sure whether the word "pitru" here denotes our ancestry/lineage only or something else also. For example, one of my friends consulted an astrologer about the delay in his son's marriage and he was told that the said son has pitrusApam from his mother's side and so a normal marriage would be next to impossible. That boy got married above the age of 30 to a girl from another caste.

There is another case of a person who is now over 53 years. He was a very bright student and cleared his first year M.A. in sanskrit with flying colours. But then a kind of OCB caught hold of him and for nearly 30 years now he spends most of his waking time in the bathroom continuously washing his hands and legs! One Namboodiri jyotsyan had predicted, when this change had set in, that this boy had very strong pitru sApam and he would not be normal and that only very experienced Tantriks would be able to correct his behaviour. His maternal uncle, a reputed doctor in allopathy, gave him psychological treatment and medicines for some time but there was hardly any improvement. Then his father took the young man to Bhuvaneswari Swamigal who did some elaborate homam and poojas but even those did not have any beneficial effect.

One old and very austere tabra (who died more than 20 yeas ago, after retiring as a very powerful official under the regime of the Travancore Maharaja) and was a close friend of the then Sringeri Acharya,and other religious people, developed a "kink" which made him "see" worms in his food. Being a very austere person he had to go practically without food, so to say, for a long time. The astrologer then said that it was due to pitru sApam and that there was no remedy for that.

I myself don't know whether pitrus will curse or trouble us, the humans living here. But there is one mantra in our Tarpana which goes as under:

उद् ईरतां अवर उत्परास उन्मध्यमाः पितरः सोम्यासः ।
असुं य ईयुरवृका ऋतज्ञास्तेनोऽवन्तु पितरो हवेषु ॥ ऋग्वेद 10-15-1

ud īratāṃ avara utparāsa unmadhyamāḥ pitaraḥ somyāsaḥ |
asuṃ ya īyuravṛkā ṛtajñāsteno:'vantu pitaro haveṣu || ṛgveda 10-15-1

Here one's pitrus are classified into three categories, the best, the mediocre and the lowly. This ṛk also prays to (all of them) to be "avṛkā" (lit. not wolf-like) that is not to cause harm to the person praying. Since all hindus including the vaishnavites accept "the Vedas as the ultimate pramaanam (unassailable truth)", (see here), I think we hindus ought to accept the fact that the pitrus may cause harm to any one of us or, may be, it is only a manner of describing some kind of prārabdha/sancita karma of a person, just as TB was referred to as राजयक्ष्मा (rājayakṣmā) in our ancient literature.

Whatever the case be, there are some horoscopes which show pitru sApam/pitru dosham and I have found in my experience that there is no parihaaram for this. It is quite possible that nowadays the Nadi jyosyars and other astrologers have a "nexus" with some temples and/or vadhyars and make money from this, but so far, in my surroundings no astrologer has said that pitrudosham can be remedied by parihaarams; one has to experience its results, that is all.
(Of course, vaishnavites may find solace in the belief that Narayana will undo all such defects if a person does "prapatti" but it is finally a matter of personal or group belief; we humans cannot know the truth whether Narayana really exists, whether he is capable of pardoning and erazing all sins from a human who has done the prapatti or samaasrayanam, etc., and we have only second person statements in support of such beliefs.

May be people adversely affected by pitrusaapams can convert themselves into vaishnavites!

Sri. Sangom, Greetings.

In my opinion, two persons mentioned in your message in post #20 suffered from schizophrenia and compulsive obsessive disorder. I have observed people suffering from such illness have been cured to a great extend ( not completely though), enough to lead an almost normal life.

Cheers!

etc. if rahu aspectssnake bite, poison drinking. if in water rasi and along with water planetdrowning. if that rasi is animal rasideath by animals. (naarkaal raasi).
From aaruda lagnam ifit is in fourth bhavam or /and fourth lord connection the preatham is arelative.7[SUP]th[/SUP] rasi wife”s side. 9[SUP]th[/SUP] raasi father”s side. 3[SUP]rd[/SUP]rasi younger brother side and 11[SUP]th[/SUP] rasi elder brother side and/orfriends side.
See mandhi sputam; for each one degree 2.5 age . calculate . for example if it is in 16degrees the age ofthe unnatural dead person”s is 40 . then maandhi is in sthira rasi within 12years. If the mandhi is in sara rasi before 25 years and within 60 years. If themandhi is in ubaya rasi in between 12 years and 25 years. The unnatural deathhas happened.
If the Saturn isin 10[SUP]th[/SUP] house factory worker died. See the rasi, in rasi and amsachakram and tell the caste of the deadperson. It is going on like this.
In general ifsuryan is there in bhaadaga sthaanam the astrologer can say that the person ishaving the curse of father and if moonis there the curse of mother is there if sevvai is there the curse of brotheris there.
The connection ofbadha gaathypathy/ maha baadhagaathypathy and the 9[SUP]th[/SUP] raasi/suryanthey can tell about pithru dosham. Ifthe bhadhaga rasi is mesham or vrischigam and suryan is also there they cansay pithru dosham is there. If suryan is there in navamsa chakra in mesham orvrischika rasi then more pithru dosham is there.
If kadagam orsimham is the bhadhaga sthanam /pithru mathru dosham is there. Take chandranand fourth rasi from lagnam and find out mother’s curse/dosham is there. If thelord of sixth lord is in 9[SUP]th[/SUP] house or suryan is in 6[SUP]th[/SUP] house or the 9[SUP]th[/SUP] lord is in 12[SUP]th[/SUP] house , and if the lordof 6[SUP]th[/SUP] house and suryan are there in one rasi that person have got the curse of his father.While the father was living.
Now if they arewith him do more help to them. If they are not living now do thila homam and then do yearly ceremonies for them withmore sradhai.

vetc. if rahu aspects snake bite, poison drinking. if in water rasi and along with water planet drowning. if that rasi is animal rasi death by animals. (naarkaal raasi).
From aaruda lagnam if it is in fourth bhavam or /and fourth lord connection the preatham is a relative.7[SUP]th[/SUP] rasi wife”s side. 9[SUP]th[/SUP] raasi father”s side. 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] rasi younger brother side and 11[SUP]th[/SUP] rasi elder brother side and/or friends side.
See mandhi sputam; for each one degree 2.5 age . calculate . for example if it is in 16degrees the age of the unnatural dead person”s is 40 . then maandhi is in sthira rasi within 12 years. If the mandhi is in sara rasi before 25 years and within 60 years. If the mandhi is in ubaya rasi in between 12 years and 25 years. The unnatural death has happened.
If the Saturn is in 10[SUP]th[/SUP] house factory worker died. See the rasi, in rasi and amsa chakram and tell the caste of the dead person. It is going on like this.
In general if suryan is there in bhaadaga sthaanam the astrologer can say that the person is having the curse of father and if moon is there the curse of mother is there if sevvai is there the curse of brother is there.
The connection of badha gaathypathy/ maha baadhagaathypathy and the 9[SUP]th[/SUP] raasi/suryan they can tell about pithru dosham. If the bhadhaga rasi is mesham or vrischigam and suryan is also there they can say pithru dosham is there. If suryan is there in navamsa chakra in mesham or vrischika rasi then more pithru dosham is there.
If kadagam or simham is the bhadhaga sthanam /pithru mathru dosham is there. Take chandran and fourth rasi from lagnam and find out mother’s curse/dosham is there. If the lord of sixth lord is in 9[SUP]th[/SUP] house or suryan is in 6[SUP]th[/SUP] house or the 9[SUP]th[/SUP] lord is in 12[SUP]th[/SUP] house , and if the lord of 6[SUP]th[/SUP] house and suryan are there in one rasi that person have got the curse of his father. While the father was living.
Now if they are with him do more help to them. If they are not living now do thila homam and then do yearly ceremonies for them with more sradhai.

pithrus are there in different group. one group is called nithya (dhivya) pithrus. they are always along with you. daily they are coming to your house at sun rise time. they are following you daile along with you to the river and they are waiting to drink water from your head hair water flowing from your kudimi in front of your body to the floor.

then they are drinking the water from your dhoty and angsavastram sqeezed on the shore of the river chanting mantras. daily each brahmin must do it.

in niveethy position of poonal chant" uchihta bhaagino daassaahaa ye mruthaasthey thawamanthrakaahaa thrupyanthu tharuthaam praapthaaha mama sambandhino naaraahaa" and for angavasthram squeezing "yea kea cha asmath kulae jaathaaha aputhraaha gothrajaaha mruthaha they gruhnandhu mayaa dhatham vasthra nishpeeda nodhakam."

on parents ceremony day also after sratham and before kartha takes meals this should be done.

every brahmin must chant vedas daily some portion to day and continue from there the next day. this is called one angam of brahma yagnam. other angam is deva rishi pithru tharpanam. in this pithru tharpanam poonal pracheena vethy whether they are having father or expired they
must do it.

these divya pithru group people are taking this. on amavasya and sratham days the other group adivya group pithrus are coming to take food. along with viswedevars.
so all brahmins can do deva rishi pithru brahma yagna tharpanam daily. says soma deva sarma and naniilam raja gopala ganapadigal.

Dear Sangom Sir,

I am a bit scared after reading your detailed post! I used to think that people who curses their own

descendants are not fit to be prayed as equivalent to God! But, even in many purANa stories, curses

have come true. The best option is to have firm belief in the Almighty and pray HIM / HER to save us

from such sApams. :pray2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back