• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Are brahmins really oppressing?

Thrayarisheya

Being a GenZ bramin is really difficult. To engage in constructive conversations is extremely difficult due to the limited inadequate knowledge that I have on Sanatana Dharmam or brahminical practices. I have a few questions which i would like to know the answer for from fellow members of this forum:

1. Why are people citing brahmin as an oppressing "Upper Caste"?
2. Who made us the Upper Caste? From my understanding the 4 varnas are all equal. A brahmins duty (back then) was to learn and spread knowledge, vaguely speaking. Similarly a Shoodra's duty back then was to be the worker class. How/ Why did it become like Brahmins > shoodras?
3. There are many articles citing Hinduism and brahminism in specific is an oppressing caste, and Poonal or Janeu being the symbol of oppression and labels all other castes as inferior. Ref Artice. What made Bramins the "ELITE" class? Not only amongst other caste but inside Hinduism itself?
4. I understand each religion/ practice has its own advantages and disadvantages, but people literaly talk as if being brahmin is equivalent to being a Nazi? For example why did Periyar target specifically Brahmins? Although he was against hinduism and kinda pro other religions, he specifically target Brahmins. Why was that?

That's all i have for now, let me know your thoughts, would love to learn and discuss

Simple. Like now after oppression too people are flourishing outside nation with knowledge, under British rule they were able to cope up the standards of English and these kinds of oppression only after British for that you can check the case studies when they have argued to oppress.

Some people incorrectly interpreted Purusha Sukta in Rig Veda which stated "His mouth became the Brahmana, his arms became the Rajanya (Kshatriya), his thighs became the Vaisya; the Sudra was born from his feet." and claimed that Brahmin > Sudra based on this.

Simple. Like now after oppression too people are flourishing outside nation with knowledge, under British rule they were able to cope up the standards of English and these kinds of oppression only after British for that you can check the case studies when they have argued to oppress.
In a way the brahmins have to sacrifice and practice self restraint. They commanded respect from all sections of hindu society. The manipulsters/vested intereslt singularly targeted brahmins to attact hinduism. Brahmins are demonized and painted as cruel to other segment though they are docile. The vested interests/manipulates continued from. Where the colonial powers left. It is essentially an attract on the hindu society where brahmins are signeled out

In a way the brahmins have to sacrifice and practice self restraint. They commanded respect from all sections of hindu society. The manipulsters/vested intereslt singularly targeted brahmins to attact hinduism. Brahmins are demonized and painted as cruel to other segment though they are docile. The vested interests/manipulates continued from. Where the colonial powers left. It is essentially an attract on the hindu society where brahmins are signeled out
Okay I do agree there were episodes of such behaviour in the past, but due to actions of a few people can the entire community be blamed? Similar analogy can be taken to the Islam or Christian community for terrorism or conversion respectively.

Actually I wanted to reserve my reply. It is like யானை தன் தலை மேல மண்ண போட்டுச்சாம் கதை.

Latest ads

Back