• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Do 'pithrus' really curse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

where as the parents of the girls are so cool even when their daughters cross 30! 'kAlaththin kOlam'! :D

1) If parents of such girls don't keep cool and attempt to change the mind set of their daughters, the daughters would make hell out of them!!

2) These daughters would threaten their parents that, if they repeatedly try to brain wash her, she will shift to working women hostel and have a peaceful life, making frequent visits to home as guests.

3) These daughters would accuse their parents, stating that - "If you became fool in your generation, please don't spoil my life as a Sadist!!"

4) These daughters says - "Mom/Dad leave me alone with my choices. I know who am I and what I want. It's my life and my wish. It is none of your business. To give you the satisfaction of having married off your daughter and the resultant social recognition, I can't be an Idiot and compromise with my marriage check list!! If this is not OK with you, let me leave home and be alone. I know how to survive! I am prepare to remain single as well and be with you IF you can give me a space in your house. If you want, I can pay you Rent too!!

5) Though I am getting older, I am not opting for inter caste or inter religious marriage. Be happy for that. As long as I am still looking for a Brahmin guy, as per my own choice, you should be happy. Please don't create any issues now until I chose to marry some one from other caste or religion.

Unless the parents of these girls keep cool, they will soon become Mental!!

PS. The above is irrespective of what justification these girls got or not. It is only to voice why "parents" of these girls chose to remain Cool.

Jokes apart, what Ravi says is true. Modern tambram girls want 100% compatibility of all the factors other than

the horoscope and their parents need 100% match of the horoscopes and the search is on and on and on..........

I am surprised to find that the parents of guys build up tension when their sons turn 30 where as the parents of

the girls are so cool even when their daughters cross 30! 'kAlaththin kOlam'! :D

I think the typical tabra girl today in the matrimonials —23 to 27 or 28, B.Tech./M. Tech., employed in the IT sector, earning 40,000 p.m. and onwards - is usually a barrel-shaped (especially when nearing the upper age limit), even obese and over-aged looking person; formidable to an onlooker unless he is blinded by sheer sexual urge.

But the tabra never-married boys at 30+, have been waiting for not less than 7 years for marriage and sex. The mothers on both sides are the deciding authorities and hence dominant to the extreme. In the midst of rejections of the boy by many girls, one party shows some inclination to look at the boy's horoscope and immediately the boy's mother ascend the throne of Vikramaaditya, so to say; she thinks that she can now lord over the entire marriage and thereafter, to her heart's content especially because she views her son as a combination of 'manmatha rAjA' + Krishna. The girl's people are shrewd and the moment they get the first indication of the boy's mother revealing her fangs, they throw the horoscope, negotiations, etc., out of the window. The boy's mother comes back grumbling, her fangs withdrawn into their sockets and wearing a "Kuchelar" face.

Such dramas also are happening.

1) If parents of such girls don't keep cool and attempt to change the mind set of their daughters, the daughters would make hell out of them!!

2) These daughters would threaten their parents that, if they repeatedly try to brain wash her, she will shift to working women hostel and have a peaceful life, making frequent visits to home as guests.

3) These daughters would accuse their parents, stating that - "If you became fool in your generation, please don't spoil my life as a Sadist!!"

4) These daughters says - "Mom/Dad leave me alone with my choices. I know who am I and what I want. It's my life and my wish. It is none of your business. To give you the satisfaction of having married off your daughter and the resultant social recognition, I can't be an Idiot and compromise with my marriage check list!! If this is not OK with you, let me leave home and be alone. I know how to survive! I am prepare to remain single as well and be with you IF you can give me a space in your house. If you want, I can pay you Rent too!!

5) Though I am getting older, I am not opting for inter caste or inter religious marriage. Be happy for that. As long as I am still looking for a Brahmin guy, as per my own choice, you should be happy. Please don't create any issues now until I chose to marry some one from other caste or religion.

Unless the parents of these girls keep cool, they will soon become Mental!!

PS. The above is irrespective of what justification these girls got or not. It is only to voice why "parents" of these girls chose to remain Cool.

Mr. Ravi,

What is wrong with any of the items in the check list. Men have been doing this for centuries:)

I don't know whether you are married or not. If you are then I am quite sure you had a checklist for your future wife to be. If you are not married don't you have a check list for what your bride should be? I know at least one point in your check list would be that the girl has to be a TamBram. Am I right?

It is my view that boys are not getting suitable matches within the community because they are unwilling to modify their own checklist. In the case of TB girls they find matches outside the community who meet their criteria in the checklist. It is simply a question of demand and supply.

Take it from me. I am telling you from personal experience and I am happy that I did what I did, though it did not keep the relative circle happy, but they are not the ones who are going to live my life.

Cheers,
K. Kumar

Mr. Ravi,

What is wrong with any of the items in the check list. Men have been doing this for centuries:)

I don't know whether you are married or not. If you are then I am quite sure you had a checklist for your future wife to be. If you are not married don't you have a check list for what your bride should be? I know at least one point in your check list would be that the girl has to be a TamBram. Am I right?

It is my view that boys are not getting suitable matches within the community because they are unwilling to modify their own checklist. In the case of TB girls they find matches outside the community who meet their criteria in the checklist. It is simply a question of demand and supply.

Take it from me. I am telling you from personal experience and I am happy that I did what I did, though it did not keep the relative circle happy, but they are not the ones who are going to live my life.

Cheers,
K. Kumar

Mr.K.Kumar,

You seem to have not grasped my post properly.

Let me copy paste, one line for you, from my post no.101 -

"PS. The above is irrespective of what justification these girls got or not. It is only to voice why "parents" of these girls chose to remain Cool. "

My post no.101 was to answer Shmt.Raji Ram as why "Girls Parents are Keeping Cool?", even when their daughters are at 30+ age.

It was neither to find faults with girls nor to justify them.

Hope this clarifies.

I am surprised to find that the parents of guys build up tension when their sons turn 30 where as the parents of the girls are so cool even when their daughters cross 30!
Because parents know their daughter can get a groom at any age. With so many bachelors around, it should not be difficult.

The situation is not very different in other communities. Female foeticide must have caused the skewed male to female ratio, esp, in communities which liked to receive katnams. But these have literally disappeared. Once upon a time females themselves prided on the ability (of her parents) to offer a big dowry, but no one hears of it anymore (at least in my knowledge) . Now every girl wants a guy to marry her just for what she is. There are unmarried guys in 30s and recently divorced guys in 40s, but not a single female unmarried past 27 in all of the extended known folks. Once upon a time, those unmarried guys had so many expectations. Now practically none. In that age group, there were other guys also desperately hunting for a bride. The cleaver ones (or their parents) advertised for 'any hindu' and got lucky. The rest (which previously had many expectations) followed suit, but past 35, and by then it was too late.

Now it is all in reverse. The girl meets and talks to the guy a few times, before deciding if she wants him or not. Previously only guys wud do that and reject. Girl can reject even if boy's chitappa is not earning well (as it wud invariably mean financial commitments can be expected from the prospective groom. Of course females are clever enough to know in some families it won't stop with that. Such a female has no qualms doing voluntary service, donating, etc; but does not want nittygritty difficult issues created by groom's side wrt finances).

ஒரு மரம் நல்ல பழம் அளிக்க .வேண்டுமானால் நல்ல விதை, நல்ல நிலம் நல்ல காலம் நல்ல உரம். பூச்சி கொல்லிகள் , தண்ணீர் வெய்யல் தேவை..

ஆறறிவு படைத்த மனிதனை பிறபிக்க எவ்வளவு நியமம் வேன்டும்.

நற்புத்ரன் உண்டாகி , அவனும் அவன் பெற்றோரும் நன்மை பெற சில விதிகளை ஸாஸ்த்ரம் கூறுகிறது. முதல் ஸம்ஸ்காரம் நன்றாக இருந்தால் தான் மற்றவை நன்றாக இருக்கும் .தர்ம நூல் கூறும் தர்ம விதிகளை முதலில் கவனிப்போம்.

ஸ்த்ரீகள் ருதுவான தினம் முதல் 16 நாட்களுக்குள் தான் கர்ப்பம் தரிப்பார்கள். . 2,4,6,போன்ற இரட்டை படை எண்ணாணால் ஆண் குழந்தையும், 1,3,5, போன்ற ஒற்றை படை எண்ணாணால் பெண் குழந்தையும் உண்டாகும்.

இந்த பதிணாறு நாட்களிலும் முதல் நாலு தினங்கள்: அமாவாசை; பெள:ர்ணமி; ஷஷ்டி; அஷ்டமி. ஏகாதசி,:: த்வாதசி, சதுர்தசி:, மாத பிறப்பு:, ஜன்ம நக்‌ஷத்திரமாகிய நாட்களில் ஸ்த்ரீ புருஷ ஸங்கமம் கூடாது,,

ரஜஸ் வலையான முதல் நாள் சன்டாளி; இரன்டாம் நாள் ப்ருஹ்மஹத்தி செய்தவள்;. மூண்றாம் நாள் வண்ணாத்தி எனப்படுவார்கள் அதாவது அந்த மாதிரி உள்ளவர்களின் தோஷ ஸாம்யம் என்பது கருத்து. . நான்காம் நாள் உண்டாகும் ஸிசு அல்பாயுஸ் ஆகும். 5 ல் புத்ரீ; 6ல் மத்யமமான புத்ரன்; ,

9ல் நல்ல புத்ரீ; 10ல் நல் புத்ரன்; 11ல் அதர்மம் செய்யும் பெண்; 12ல் சிறந்த புத்ரன்; 13ல் வ்யபீசாரியான பெண்; 14ல் தர்மஞ்யனும் ஆத்ம ஞ்யானியுமான புத்ரன்; 15ல் நல்ல இடத்தில் வாழ்க்கை படும் பெண்; 16ல் ஸகல நற்குண முள்ள புத்ரன். இப்படி முறையே ஜனிப்பார்கள்.
புருஷனின் வீர்யம் அதிகமானால் ஆணும், ஸ்த்ரீயின் ஷக்தி அதிகமானால் பெண்ணும் பிறக்கும். இரண்டும் சமமானால் நபும்ஸகம் பிறக்கும்.

மூன்று நாட்கள் நியமத்துடன் இருந்,தால் பிறக்கும் குழந்தைகள் க்‌ஷேமத்துடன் இருக்கும்.இது ப்ரஜா ஸம்ரக்‌ஷணத்திற்காக ஏற்பட்ட வ்ரதம்.

திங்கள், புதன் வியாழன், வெள்ளிக் கிழமைகளில்,ரோஹிணி உத்திரம். உத்திராடம், உத்ரட்டாதி ,ஹஸ்தம், சுவாதி, அனுஷம், மூலம், திருவோணம், சதயம், ரேவதி, ஆகிய நக்‌ஷத்திரங்களில்
, ரிஷபம், மிதுனம், கடகம், கன்னி, துலாம், தனுஸு, கும்பம், மீனம், ஆகிய லக்னங்களில்,கூடுவது நல்ல சிசு உதிக்க ஏற்றது.

தம்பதிகள் இருவரும் மனம் ஒருமித்து தார்மீக நன் மகப்பேறு பெற இறைவனை வேண்டி சேர்வது நல்லது.

சுவாசம் வலது மூக்கு வழியாக செல்ல வெண்டும்.. ருது காலத்தில் அவச்யம் ஒரு முறை கர்பாதானம் செய்ய வேண்டும். இல்லாவிட்டால் சிசுவை கொண்ற பாபம் உண்டாகும். பித்ருக்களின் கடன் தீர்ப்பதற்கு ஒரு புதல்வன் அவஸ்யம் வேண்டும். அது வரை ருது சங்கமம் அவஸ்யம். பிறகு நிர்பந்தமில்லை.

பூரண கர்ப்பிணி, இஷ்டம் இல்லாதவள்,வியாதி உள்ளவள் .விறிந்த கேசமுள்ளவள்., பசி உள்ளவள். அதிகமாக புசித்தவள்,ஆகிய ஸ்த்ரீகளிடம் சேர கூடாது,

ஸ்த்ரீகள், ப்ரஸவம் வரை புருஷ ஸங்கமம் வேண்டும் என இந்திரனிடம் வரம் கேட்டிருப்பதால், அவர்கள் கோரினால் ருது காலம் இல்லாத போதும் அதாவது 16 நாட்கள் சென்ற பின்பும் சங்கமம் செய்வது பாபமல்ல. பகலிலும், இரு ஸந்த்யா காலங்களிலும் இரவு பதினோரு மணிக்கு மேலும் ஸ்த்ரீ சங்கமம் கூடாது. அஸுர குணமுள்ள குழந்தை பிறக்கும். சங்கம காலத்தில் இருவரும் கண்களை மூடக்கூடாது. கோபம், துக்கம் இல்லா.மல் சந்தோஷத்துடன் இருக்க வேண்டும்.

இந்த விதிகளை அனுசரித்தவர் கிருஹஸ்தராயினும் ப்ருஹ்மசரியத்தை கைகொண்டவராவர். இதில் தவறு செய்தால் அது நமக்கும் பிறக்கும் சிசுவிற்கும் தீமை செய்தது ஆகும். இதில் சாஸ்த்ரம் புகுந்து போகத்திற்கும் குறைவின்றி , அதை கட்டுப்படுத்தி முடிவில் மோக்‌ஷத்திற்கும் வழி காட்டுகிறது. அரணியை கடைந்து அக்னி எடுப்பது போலாம் இது என்கிறது வேதம்.

16 நாட்களுக்கு பிறகு சங்கமம் ருது வாகும் வறை செய்து கொள்ளலாம். குழந்தை உண்டாகாது. கர்ப்பம் அழிக்க வேண்டிய வேலையே இருக்காது.

பஞ்சாங்கம் பார்த்து பத்து மாதம் கழித்து பிறக்கும் குழந்தைக்கு கிரகம் அஸ்தங்கதம் (மெளட்யம்), நீசம் இல்லாமலுள்ளதா என்பதை தெரிந்து கொள்ள வேண்டும்.

இம்மாதிரி பார்த்து உடலுறவு கொள்ள வேண்டும். தாய் மார்கள் தங்கள் குழந்தைகளுக்கு இவைகளை கற்று கொடுக்க வேண்டும். ,

There are females in every caste and religion and they are not as same as TB girls, eventually fooling themselves.

These girls from other caste and religion had the same issues in the past when the trend was different and girls suffered in the hands of men. BUT, these girls too who all have found their liberty, courage and privileges have right blend of practical approach, realities of life, priorities of life, reasonable expectations, freedom & financial independency and positive attitude towards life. They are not into tit-for-tat, being vengeful and digging their own grave.

Dear palindrome,

I have seen profiles of girls past 40 also in the matrimony sites. One was 52!

Now a days, guys seldom help the parents financially! So, I wonder why a girl should be worried about the chithappA

of the spouse! May be ALL precautions are taken by these smart girls!

I know a mother, who postponed the wedding of her son, because she wanted him to earn for a few years and hand

over the salary packet to her! Once D I L arrives, she can not claim anything. She was so sure of this, since she did so

soon after her wedding! 'pAmbin kAl pAmbaRiyum'!?? :thumb:

Dear Gopalan Sir,

Thank you very much for your detailed post. Scientifically there are only about 48 hours in one monthly cycle

in which a woman can conceive. Many women can easily find out the time when the ovum releases, since it is

accompanied with a pain in the lower abdomen. Of course some do not feel the pain. It is said that within two

days of the release of ovum, it can fertilize into an embryo.

Our ancestors advised the activities which should be twice a day, twice a week, twice a month and twice an year.

Since we do not follow this simple advice, many health problems arise!

Guys in forum seem to be finding fault with girls in many threads.

Then we will have to start a new thread "Do girls curse?? Is that why guys can't get married?"LOL

Oh! Renu! What shall I do! :D

Twice a day - poo;

Twice a week - Oil bath;

Twice a month - what you guessed;

Twice a year - clean the stomach with castor oil! :thumb:

Dear Renu,

When my son was a kid, one mAmA brought this topic. After he left, my son asked me, 'Amma!

I understand the daily, weekly and yearly activities. But what is to be done twice a month?' :confused:

Then we will have to start a new thread "Do girls curse?? Is that why guys can't get married?"LOL
Dear Renu,

It is said that 'pitrus' do not curse. They might have cursed when they were alive!

In all possibilities, those who left the world as 'sumangalis' due to the torture of their BITTER half,

might have cursed them to be born a man again and suffer without finding a partner, to take revenge! :heh:

Oh! Renu! What shall I do! :D

Twice a day - poo;

Twice a week - Oil bath;

Twice a month - what you guessed;

Twice a year - clean the stomach with castor oil! :thumb:

Now I get a clearer picture:

BTW

Castor oil damages the fine villi of the intestine...(Villi are small finger like projections from the epithelial lining of the intestine).

So better not use Castor oil as a colon cleanser.

I understand the daily, weekly and yearly activities. But what is to be done twice a month?' :confused:

Dear RR ji,

People might follow all the other" twice rules" but not the twice a month rule!

I once had a patient an Indian lady aged 50 and she had attained menopause and she thought that she was pregnant cos she had not got her menses.

So I checked her..did a pregnancy test to show her that she was not pregnant and I asked her about her sexual history to find out how sexually active she is now and also explained to her that she had reached menopause.

She replied "Oh...hardly do much..just twice a week"

Last edited:

Dear Renu,

It was a regular practice in most of the tambram families to give the children castor oil twice a year.

One tablespoon of castor oil, slightly warmed, is given in empty stomach followed by a few cups of

jeerA rasam which make the kids rush to the toilet a few times. In the afternoon, nice thayir chAdham

is served to cool the stomach. This has been a practice for several generations and I have not heard of

any problem with colon so far! :)

Problem is with modern laxatives.

Substance of a recent speech by a scientist/doctor/dietician. Will try to get the source.

1. Eskimos eat blubber of whales and fat of seals - and some more examples like this. Food available in the region and eaten traditionally is the best food for the locals. The food agrees with them.
2. If you eat what your grandmother ate and cook what your great grandmother cooked, you will come to no harm.
3. If the food you buy has no expiry date, has listed more than five ingredients, contains ingredients which you cannot pronounce, then don't buy it.
4. Don't buy that kind of food which will not rot; stable food (it is not food) is not good for you.
5. When in a supermarket for buying food, give the central area a wide berth; pick your items from the periphery or near the entrance - this is where fresh food is likely to be stored.

Another study has pushed up the rank of thil oil, corn oil and rice bran oil to the top.

Anyway, Amanakku oil is expensive; it is exported and valuable foreign exchange earner.

Dear Renu,

It was a regular practice in most of the tambram families to give the children castor oil twice a year.

One tablespoon of castor oil, slightly warmed, is given in empty stomach followed by a few cups of

jeerA rasam which make the kids rush to the toilet a few times. In the afternoon, nice thayir chAdham

is served to cool the stomach. This has been a practice for several generations and I have not heard of

any problem with colon so far! :)

Then who have cursed those TB girls who happen to chose to remain single till 30-35+ of their age, unless the best deal package arrives?? LOL!!

Then who have cursed those TB girls who happen to chose to remain single till 30-35+ of their age, unless the best deal package arrives?? LOL!!

May be they must be happy..having some temporary boyfriend till one best deal package இளிச்சவாய் arrives! Ha Ha Ha

Dear Renu,

I think in a different way! May be the 'sumangalans' who left the world early because of the Lady Hitler wives

had cursed them to be born females again and suffer without having anyone to :moony: till they reach middle age!

Dear Renu,

I think in a different way! May be the 'sumangalans' who left the world early because of the Lady Hitler wives

had cursed them to be born females again and suffer without having anyone to :moony: till they reach middle age!

Dear RR ji,

I cant stop laughing reading the word Sumangalan..cos I used to use that word many times before whenever any of my relatives had Sumangali Pooja.

I used to ask my mum.."what about Sumangalans?"

Dont they have any Sumangalan Pooja to pray for long life for wife too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back