• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Do 'pithrus' really curse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you Gopalan Sir and Sangom Sir.

Since all the three friends had problem with children I got this doubt!

I do not want to start a new thread for this Q. It is 'Can the fetus curse its parents?'

Why I am asking this is because three of my close friends who aborted the third child have problems with the

son / daughter born earlier. Does the fetus curse the parents to have unhappy life later on? :confused:

Shrmt. Raji Ram,

Just to ponder -

What about the repercussions of aborting a fetus by an unmarried girl/lady, who had unprotected consensual sex?

---------------------

Coming to your Q -

Aborting fetus to avoid bearing and giving birth to another baby is quite commonly and extensively carried out by many, due to some or the other reasons.

One of my Uncles happen to abort a fetus and then opted for family planning. Both of his daughter and son have done very well through out and happily settled in USA with their own beautiful family and the whole family is in a good healthy relationship, enjoying the life, joining hands with each other.

IMO, as per the law of Karma, the senior child would not just succumb to the parent's act of aborting the fetus. The senior child will have his/her own karma results, the impact of which would be in synch. with parent's karma (excluding present abortion).

In line with what Shri Sangom has stated, it is generally considered that aborting a possible life is against the wish/law of the Supreme and thus its a sinful deed amounting to negative karma, IMO, probably the parent(s) would bear the karma consequences personally, in present or in future birth.

If the couples are forced to abort a baby, it is better to do something spiritually, like offering obeisance in a temple as a praayachitthartham, seeking forgiveness, whole heartedly. This may help the couples from possible negative energies, subtly surrounding them.

PS. The above is my personal POV. only.

I do not want to start a new thread for this Q. It is 'Can the fetus curse its parents?'

Why I am asking this is because three of my close friends who aborted the third child have problems with the

son / daughter born earlier. Does the fetus curse the parents to have unhappy life later on? :confused:

This is rather heartbreaking. I wonder why people abort rather than giving for adoption. What is the fault of the unborn child?

I had worked once in a clinic where an unwanted Indian baby was put up for adoption.

Many childless couples came to see the baby..and to my surprise almost all of them actually asked the babies date and time of birth to check the horoscope to see if this baby will bring them luck!

I was thinking what idiots they are...as it is they have no children but when there is chance to adopt one they want to know if this child would bring them luck.

Finally the super rich owner (Doctor) of the clinic who was childless himself adopted the child and now the child is living like a princess.

.......... In line with what Shri Sangom has stated, it is generally considered that aborting a possible life is against the wish/law of the Supreme and thus its a sinful deed amounting to negative karma, IMO, probably the parent(s) would bear the karma consequences personally, in present or in future birth.........
Dear Ravi,

It is said, 'kali kAlaththil kai mEl palan!'

So may be some parents are repaid by the senior children in this janmA itself! :whip:

This is rather heartbreaking. I wonder why people abort rather than giving for adoption. What is the fault of the unborn child?
In our village people use to tell this as 'uLukkaattaRathu' in the local slang. (vizha vaikkarathu)

Some unmarried girls go to the 'crooks' for this and die later due to infected uterus. :tsk:

Recently, a couple working in I T field wanted to abort the fetus. The lady doctor knew one of my students who has

been childless for over a decade and hence suggested to go through the pregnancy and give the child for adoption.

Since it was a slightly advanced pregnancy, the I T girl had to agree. The child was NOT shown to the real mother

but given soon after birth to my student. The child was puny and I thought that probably the mother did not eat

properly because the child will not be hers anyway! Now the kid is 3 years old and has a happy life with the loving

parents who adopted him. :thumb:

.......... Finally the super rich owner (Doctor) of the clinic who was childless himself adopted the child and now the child is living like a princess.
Now all the astrologers will say that this baby has a wonderful horoscope! :D

Dear Ravi,

It is said, 'kali kAlaththil kai mEl palan!'

So may be some parents are repaid by the senior children in this janmA itself! :whip:

"Time" is also an illusory item connected with this world. The theory of relativity proves this scientifically, though we humans are very much under its (time's) spell, so to say. But Karma and its results are not bound by the limitations of time. The result can, therefore, be "kaimEl" or even after many, many births. That is why we sometimes feel that there is great inequity in this world.

"Time" is also an illusory item connected with this world. ....... But Karma and its results are not bound by the limitations of time. The result can, therefore, be "kaimEl" or even after many, many births. That is why we sometimes feel that there is great inequity in this world.
Very true Sir!

Some people who are so very helpful to the family, friends and society, suffer a lot during the old age

and this must be the pApams accumulated in the previous births! :(

"Time" is also an illusory item connected with this world. The theory of relativity proves this scientifically, though we humans are very much under its (time's) spell, so to say. But Karma and its results are not bound by the limitations of time. The result can, therefore, be "kaimEl" or even after many, many births. That is why we sometimes feel that there is great inequity in this world.

Very true!!

I had worked once in a clinic where an unwanted Indian baby was put up for adoption.

Many childless couples came to see the baby..and to my surprise almost all of them actually asked the babies date and time of birth to check the horoscope to see if this baby will bring them luck!

I was thinking what idiots they are...as it is they have no children but when there is chance to adopt one they want to know if this child would bring them luck.

Finally the super rich owner (Doctor) of the clinic who was childless himself adopted the child and now the child is living like a princess.

very highly educated tambrams, even here in canada and usa, behave like ignoramasus, when it comes to their blind faith in horoscopes. i just cannot believe the dichotomy with which these guys live. it appears all their scientific and rational thinking has rubbed off only to the level of their skin.

deep inside, lies the superstition and skuldudgery of the supposed ancient wisdoms, which nowadays has become corrupted and commercialized to suit all needs and purposes of the customer.

Dear Kunjuppu Sir,

You can not blame that ancient wisdom! By reading the horoscope, the 'good' astrologers are able to

predict correctly. It is sad that most of them are 'arai vEkkAdu' and go about telling predictions and

parihArams, though they know very well that the parihArams are only for mental satisfaction and not

the actual remedies. Today, the money making techniques has made astrology a laughing stock!

It is so sad!! :tsk:

Dear Kunjuppu Sir,

You can not blame that ancient wisdom! By reading the horoscope, the 'good' astrologers are able to

predict correctly. It is sad that most of them are 'arai vEkkAdu' and go about telling predictions and

parihArams, though they know very well that the parihArams are only for mental satisfaction and not

the actual remedies. Today, the money making techniques has made astrology a laughing stock!

It is so sad!! :tsk:

dear raji, good lady,

i am not blaming ancient wisdoms. i find ridiculous the attitude of current day tambrams. these are supposed to be 'educated'. i think, with 'education' comes some ability to rationalize, between genuine and fake. i think there is a good understanding that today's astrology, if not 100% fake, it is as you put it rightly, 'arai vekkadu'.

still, why do these tambrams go to the araivekkadus? and some pariharams?

one example: so many studies have shown the scarcity of girls in our community. still you find, in this very forum, folks refusing to see the facts, and seek solutions like looking at girls from other groups. ok, you don't like that, but then live with your status, instead of complaining about the modern day girls' attitudes. the girls have moved on. the ammanjis are sill stuck to the old paradigms, and have their mothers to beat the breasts. and the araivekkadu josiyars, making tons of money.

that is all i am trying to say. the superficial influence of 'education' on our thinking process.

and dont let anyone say, that other communities do the same thing. :)

Dear Kunjuppu Sir,

In the previous generations, 100% match was NOT sought in all the categories like, horoscope, status, education,

looks, height, weight, complexion and as the like. I have seen parents proceeding with the wedding even with third

class matching of horoscopes. Nettai married kuttai; ollee married gundu; veLLai married karuppu; officer married

SSLC and so on. I do not blame the girls for having high aspirations. What I wonder is why they ask for a man earning

a lakh a month, even when
their take home pay is just 20 - 30 K. What will the men earning 30 K to a lakh will do?

Good family and good nature are
no more a plus points. The 'so what' attitude has made the modern girls think the

NV eating, smoking, and social
drinking in the ''doesn't matter'' category! Boys who have very clean habits stand

no chance in the marriage market, if their
salary below one BIG note! :(

As long as money is the main goal in life, our society will be like this! Many people 'check' the horoscopes of prospective

d i l / s i l, to ensure higher status for their son / daughter after the wedding. All the 'arai vEkkAdu' astrologers know this

and mint money by telling parihArams. Some of them even sell horoscopes of the already married 'varans'! :shocked:

P.S: And almost four out of five horoscopes have pitru dhOsham!

Dear Biswa Sir,

At least in India they stop with killing the fetus. Do you know that it is a practice in China to abort innocent and

healthy unborn children and eat them to boost one’s stamina! Google search will get you many videos too!

I do not have the courage to view them though!

Here is an article: Chinese cannibalism of infant flesh outrages the world

I wish the fetus had the ability to curse, as the munivars of our purAnAs!

P.S: The story of Shantanu in Mahabharatha starts with killing of new borns by his wife Ganga! :shocked:

Capsules filled with powdered human flesh seized by Korean customs!

000_Hkg7280005_s640x427.jpg

Source: Chinese cannibalism of infant flesh outrages the world

Dear Kunjuppu Sir,

In the previous generations, 100% match was NOT sought in all the categories like, horoscope, status, education,

looks, height, weight, complexion and as the like. I have seen parents proceeding with the wedding even with third

class matching of horoscopes. Nettai married kuttai; ollee married gundu; veLLai married karuppu; officer married

SSLC and so on. I do not blame the girls for having high aspirations. What I wonder is why they ask for a man earning

a lakh a month, even when
their take home pay is just 20 - 30 K. What will the men earning 30 K to a lakh will do?

Good family and good nature are
no more a plus points. The 'so what' attitude has made the modern girls think the

NV eating, smoking, and social
drinking in the ''doesn't matter'' category! Boys who have very clean habits stand

no chance in the marriage market, if their
salary below one BIG note! :(

dear dear raji,

this is an exercise for your imagination. just lull yourself in it.

just imagine.

just imagine that you are the mother of a girl. a girl who is 23 going on 24. double degree. earning 25k a month. very pretty and fair. slim too and a reasonable mix of eastern and western values (!) - whatever that means :)

and an ordinary middle class average looking 28 year old, tend to bald, with a little paunchy, with pants and slippers, small viboothi with a little hanuman kungumam pottu, coming with reference, only son, brought up by his rather dominant mother, checking out your daughter....

i imagined this...and rest my case :) hope you have the same fun that i did.

mind games. a more innocent version of the old a.n.raja song, 'தனிமையிலே இனிமை காண முடியுமா ' :) :)

........ and an ordinary middle class average looking 28 year old, tend to bald, with a little paunchy, with pants and slippers, small viboothi with a little hanuman kungumam pottu, coming with reference, only son, brought up by his rather dominant mother, checking out your daughter.............
Dear Sir,

I know that you do not like any other smiley than this :)

But after reading your version of a REAL ammAnji guy, I can't help posting these:

:laugh: . . . :lol: . . . :pound:

dear dear raji,

this is an exercise for your imagination. just lull yourself in it.

just imagine.

and an ordinary middle class average looking 28 year old, tend to bald, with a little paunchy, with pants and slippers, small viboothi with a little hanuman kungumam pottu, coming with reference, only son, brought up by his rather dominant mother, checking out your daughter....

i imagined this...and rest my case :) hope you have the same fun that i did.

mind games. a more innocent version of the old a.n.raja song, 'தனிமையிலே இனிமை காண முடியுமா ' :) :)

LOL!!! Very funny, Shri Kunujuppu. A nice comedy.

BUT, do you think that 1000s/all of only such ammanjis are in marriage market who are approaching and expecting such a girl? Do you think there is an absolute dearth of well groomed, modern/fashionably looking smart Brahmin guys?

If you do think so, I feel, you are stuck with the green memories of your generation.

Do you know what Sir? Most of the Brahmin guys and gals are focused into studies and career elevation and thus opt to marry late. Roughly after 27 or 28 years of age. As well, in their attempt to strike the "best deal" many girls are in their 30+, looking for marriage.

Out of these girls majority of them are bulky. They have grown gigantically from all the angles and looks like Serious Eldest Sister of the guys looking for marrying them.

Almost all the girls are close to their dominant mother (Veetukku Veedu Vaasapadi - In every family mothers are dominant and girls generally are close to their mother) and guys are really scared as how to manage bearing the tactics of two ladies - Wife and Mother-in-Law!!

:)

Jokes apart, what Ravi says is true. Modern tambram girls want 100% compatibility of all the factors other than

the horoscope and their parents need 100% match of the horoscopes and the search is on and on and on..........

I am surprised to find that the parents of guys build up tension when their sons turn 30 where as the parents of

the girls are so cool even when their daughters cross 30! 'kAlaththin kOlam'! :D

Jokes apart, what Ravi says is true. Modern tambram girls want 100% compatibility of all the factors other than

the horoscope and their parents need 100% match of the horoscopes and the search is on and on and on..........

I am surprised to find that the parents of guys build up tension when their sons turn 30 where as the parents of

the girls are so cool even when their daughters cross 30! 'kAlaththin kOlam'! :D

Kaalammum Nerammum Maaravillai....Manidhan dhaan Maari Vittan!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back