• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Do 'pithrus' really curse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jokes apart, Renu!

I don't like to discriminate between a sumangali and amangali. But, the poojA for sumangalis in the family

is done whenever there is a wedding or similar celebrations in the family. If a lady dies as a 'sumangali', this

poojA is done every year on the day after her annual ceremony. Woman participating in this poojA will pray

for the long life of the husband and to bless her as 'dheerga sumangali'. So men don't pray separately!

Jokes apart, Renu!

I don't like to discriminate between a sumangali and amangali. But, the poojA for sumangalis in the family

is done whenever there is a wedding or similar celebrations in the family. If a lady dies as a 'sumangali', this

poojA is done every year on the day after her annual ceremony. Woman participating in this poojA will pray

for the long life of the husband and to bless her as 'dheerga sumangali'. So men don't pray separately!

Dear RR ji,

Now I do not attend all these Poojas anymore.

Cos our date of death has already been determined on our day of birth and nothing is going to change that unless we are some Markandeya.

When even 'mangalan' is doubtful, what is the need to add 'su'?

Dear RR ji,

I cant stop laughing reading the word Sumangalan..cos I used to use that word many times before whenever any of my relatives had Sumangali Pooja.

I used to ask my mum.."what about Sumangalans?"

Dont they have any Sumangalan Pooja to pray for long life for wife too?

When even 'mangalan' is doubtful, what is the need to add 'su'?
Dear Sir,

How about this:

இல்லத்தரசி = இல்லாள்.

'இல்லாள்' என்ற சொல்லுக்கு ஆண்பால் 'இல்லான்'.

இல்லான் = ஏழை, வறியவன்!!
:peep:

May be they must be happy..having some temporary boyfriend till one best deal package இளிச்சவாய் arrives! Ha Ha Ha

Off course there are single Men and Women who are contended with girlfriend/boyfriend affairs rather looking for happiness in marriage and having a family set up, unless best deal package arrives.

If they just want that and be happy in such affairs they are destined to be happy only that way.

Off course there are single Men and Women who are contended with girlfriend/boyfriend affairs rather looking for happiness in marriage and having a family set up, unless best deal package arrives.

If they just want that and be happy in such affairs they are destined to be happy only that way.

Dear Ravi,
This is a new method to control population explosion! :decision:

How can parents (pithru) curse our descendants. I donot feel it is correct. What I feel is that we do something (which is for our selfish need) that causes pain to them (pithru) and that could be pithru dosham. The pariharams given are mainly sacrificing money, dravyam with full heartedness. It is all in the mind. If you look at this spiritually, there is nothing like that. This is my opinion. (na matha, na pitha jnathi bandhavaha the sarve thrupthi mayanthu mayo srushtaihi)

I have seen a few persons who have not shown any affection towards the elders in their family,

suffer without affectionate persons around, during their ripe age. They suffer mental agony! :sad:

I have seen a few persons who have not shown any affection towards the elders in their family,

suffer without affectionate persons around, during their ripe age. They suffer mental agony! :sad:

... and i have seen really nasty old men and women, surrounded by love, understanding and even affection. i dont think there is a tit for tat rule, that if you are kind to the elders, it will be returned in kind during your old age.

personally, i think everything happens at random - no rhyme or reason. how else can we explain so many bad things happening to good people? and even worse, vice versa?

Dear Kunjuppu Sir,

There is an answer!! KarmA theory!
icon3.png

But Sir, I am yet to see nasty old people surrounded by loving people!

On the other hand, I have seen good old people being bashed and blamed!! :sad:

Dear Kunjuppu Sir,

There is an answer!! KarmA theory!
icon3.png

But Sir, I am yet to see nasty old people surrounded by loving people!

On the other hand, I have seen good old people being bashed and blamed!! :sad:

I have seen both types.
Love being repaid with hatred and suspicion and
gentle people being given the rough edge all the time.

I have seen both types.
Love being repaid with hatred and suspicion and gentle people being given the rough edge all the time.
Both types?

Both you have mentioned are same (i.e) Good persons being hated!! :confused:

I am yet to see any rough and tough elder surrounded by loving ones! :grouphug:

Both types?

Both you have mentioned are same (i.e) Good persons being hated!! :confused:

I am yet to see any rough and tough elder surrounded by loving ones! :grouphug:

Gentle old people receiving the rough edges and
the nasty old people receiving love and affection.
That makes two types tight???

The eldest son of a family was very regular in doing srAddhams for the parents. He also took very good care of

his grandma till her ripe age of 93. He passed away after living a comfortable life till 91, in an overseas country.

His son was not able to do his father's last rites except the cremation, s
ince his mother is bedridden! The ashes

are to be immersed in the Ganges and so his son is keeping the ashes in tact, for the past three years, unable to

leave his mother and visit India! We relatives feel very sad because, a man who lived helping his near and dear

ones has not had his final ceremonies till now! Is it something to do with a curse? :noidea:

The eldest son of a family was very regular in doing srAddhams for the parents. He also took very good care of

his grandma till her ripe age of 93. He passed away after living a comfortable life till 91, in an overseas country.

His son was not able to do his father's last rites except the cremation, s
ince his mother is bedridden! The ashes

are to be immersed in the Ganges and so his son is keeping the ashes in tact, for the past three years, unable to

leave his mother and visit India! We relatives feel very sad because, a man who lived helping his near and dear

ones has not had his final ceremonies till now! Is it something to do with a curse? :noidea:

Dear RR ji,

The person must have moved on in his journey after death...do you really think that only after scattering ashes the soul moves on?

What about those individuals whose bodies can not be found in some types of death?

The man as you say was a good helpful person..such people seldom have bodily attachment and are usually blessed souls..I am pretty sure he has moved on and knows that the body is only a garment.

So there is no curse.

Dear Renu,

There are certain rituals to be done after immersing the ashes in a lake / river / sea. On the thirteenth day after death,

a pooja is done to enable the family to have some 'shubha kAryams'. During the first year after death, the near ones are

not allowed to visit temples situated on hills and go for any pilgrimage. Monthly rituals will follow and after the first year

srAddham, the soul is supposed to reach heaven. That is what the tambrams follow. Now, since the ashes are still not

immersed, no ritual is done for the past three years and older people in our family are saying that the departed soul will

still be lingering around, without getting a chance to reach heaven. Though it is only a belief, it is saddening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back