• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

BROAD MINDED Vs TRADITIONAL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sri Pannvalan,

A great work indeed to the point...

The reasons and the individuality that forms a part of the broad-minded group, that you have listed out, I believe, need to include - unavoidable and uncontrollable psychological influences that a particular profession incorporates in the minds of our people who all get caught themselves unawares. Having been influenced, either they could realize and quit or continue with the determination - "After all we are all the same human beings on this Earth and life is nothing more than MONEY".

Is your ancient culture a burden for you?

Shri Pannvalan,

Though I may need more time to go through your doc in detail - One thing that struck me is the title- Should we treat Traditional and Broad minded ness as mutually exclusive qualities.

Based on my acquaintances and relatives , I have seen Traditional but very Broad minded, very Modern but narrow minded:)

Namaskarams
Revathi

In general, without looking at a community i think

Broad Minded are those for whom everything is okay as long as its not obnoxious to their Brain and though process.
Problem arises when their Brian is a Pea or mustard.

Traditionalist wants to believe there is a value in the way his/her father lived.
Problem arises when they want to stick to the Book that their father wrote (maybe a book written with the best of ability)

IMO, they both are like wheels in a car. One version representing a set of tires on one side.
They both should just do their job for a smooth ride or both can be deflated if we just need to rest.

thanks,

Revathi,

Broad-mindedness what you talk about is different from what I have used in this context. In my discussion, I have taken broad-mindedness to mean something not constricted by traditional values and in that sense, it is something to break free from the conventions, just for the sake of it. As you must have guessed by now, this broad-mindedness is a pseudo or superficial broad-mindedness. Please go through my poem "Falsehood in Modern Outlook" in the Literature section to understand my point better.

Dear Suresoo,

I consider Subramania Bharathi as my role model in his fight for safeguarding, preserving and promoting our heritage and culture, while at the same time calling for so many pioneering reforms, much ahead of one's times. These two roles may outwardly look paradoxical, but a deeper analysis will reveal that there is no conflict at all and both can co-exist with perfect harmony.

I request you to read his poems more to understand this more clearly, without any confusion whatsoever.

...... I have taken broad-mindedness to mean something not constricted by traditional values and in that sense, it is something to break free from the conventions, just for the sake of it. As you must have guessed by now, this broad-mindedness is a pseudo or superficial broad-mindedness.

Dear Shri pannvalan, I am unable to visualize what exactly you have in mind with this. If you give a couple of real-life examples it would be helpful to understand the target of your angst.

To me, these criticisms can apply in the reverse as well, which is what Revathi was trying to point out, I think. I can think of several people I know who want to follow tradition, just for the sake of it without fully understanding the meaning or relevance. For example, I know of several of my cousins and nephews who don't even know what achamanam is or how to wear kaccham try to do so on special occasions, as instructed by someone who is just a little bit better informed. Another example is wearing urdhva puNdaram (naamam) -- this is supposed to be worn by oneself, not to be put on by someone else. Yet, invariably, these pseudo-traditionalists don't know how to wear it and somebody else will have to do it for them.

Hypocrisy cuts both ways, there are probably some who try to pass themselves off as broadminded (please do give me some examples as I have done in the reverse) just as a fashion. Similarly, there are people who try to be show off as being traditional just for the sake of it. You have always criticized the former group, as they should be if they exist, but I have never seen you criticize the latter group, even though, in my experience, the latter group is all too common in many places, particularly, any Brahminical MaTham.

Cheers!

Dear Sir,

I consider Subramania Bharathi as my role model in his fight for safeguarding, preserving and promoting our heritage and culture, while at the same time calling for so many pioneering reforms, much ahead of one's times. These two roles may outwardly look paradoxical, but a deeper analysis will reveal that there is no conflict at all and both can co-exist with perfect harmony.

I request you to read his poems more to understand this more clearly, without any confusion whatsoever.
I have read very few works of 'The Mahakavi', from them I can realize the context you are referring to here.

IMO, in the world of 'You're either with us, or against us' there is very little of 'a deeper analysis will reveal' is happening. In the thread ‘[FONT=&quot]Musings/Confusions …..’ few practical questions were raised and some of the ‘Member responses’ gave us a better understanding of why some practices were followed. [/FONT]

In the West every Tom/Dick/Harry goes on to write a Book to express his opinion on ”Why the world should be painted White?” (for example). The Pompous around them go on calling them Free thinkers, Great Philosophers etc…..

In the East ‘The Learned’ shy away from expressing their opinions, this creates a drought of cultural writers causing a dearth of our history. We should have more ‘cultural writers’ to explain our beliefs in modern language.

For Example, our culture had practiced Vegetarianism and ‘Structured Living’ for a long time. Today westerners are learning the good values in ‘avoiding meat’ and going for green food. We seem to be losing conviction in those beliefs slowly.

I hope the raising India will see more of ‘Cultural Writers’ with a Social Purpose.

thanks,

Last edited:
Sri.Pannvalan Sir, greetings.

Nowadays, I find that many Brahmins in the name of being very broad-minded are prepared to overthrow the traditions built upon by our intelligent ancestors, terming them as meaningless, irrelevant, cultural shackles and outmoded. This kind of behaviour is quite shocking to say the least.

Sir, what are the traditions mentioned here, please? Unless we identify without any ambiguities, what is thrownout, it is very difficult to actually discuss such matters. Personally for me, certain qualities are 'default' qualities. The same would apply to others too. Such qualities never change. But are they traditional qualities? Such analysing may very well be subjective. So, we have to define the each traditional quality seperately instead of mentioning in a blanket statement, please.

When they feel that the identity of being a Brahmin is nothing but a tag around one’s neck and is to be discarded by the educated, forward looking and accommodative class. All the customs and practices that are identified with a particular community are no longer valid in the present scheme of things and the time has come to mix with others, so as not to be left out of the cultural revolution.

Sir, the first line and second line are not in sync. Let me explain, please. Education has nothing to do with forward looking and being accomadative. I can recall my own grandmother who was a school dropout from திண்ணை பள்ளிக்கூடம் . She was very orthodox; mixed with everyone, accomadated everyone. She would strictly follow மடி and ஆசாரம் between 'snaanam and pooja' only. Before 'snaanam', I had seen her shaking hands with my friends. She was a revelutionary, lived in a village in Tamil Nadu. She was very dear to all castes including Harijans; she treated everyone equal too. However, she was stckler for ஆசாரம்; gave the children real hard time by demanding us to follow the instructions; only old fashioned diet- ஆழ்வார் பாடாத காய்களை சேர்க்கவில்லை.....What would you call such a person? Broadminded or traditional? I have more examples in the same lines too.

“I am not the type who carry this bad reputation of carrying the burden of my ancestral past. I am a person with progressive ideas and am willing to change or reform myself so as to remain in tune with the rest of the population, lest I shall stand isolated”?

Sir, again the above portion is contradictory. One may very well follow the ancestral past and at the same time live in tune with others.

I think we should define clearly the 'traditional qualities', 'ancestral past' etc. Then, we can discuss without any ambiguities.

I think, one should address the questions after defining such basics. Thank you.

Cheers!

Now I reply that in cities where a plethora of different identities merge practicing your castism and groupism is out of question. u can't live in a cocoon. u need to mix with people and know them. i don't say that u should forget ur identity but traditionally our people have doing it like knowing hindi refusing to help any hindi speaker etc. We ought to be broadminded. keep learning. Learning is not synonomous with diluting your culture.
infact in north a lot of people regard tamil nadu as a divided society.
Fact is a fact our ancestors have treated nb's and dalits as a piece of garbage and still in some parts of tamil nadu that tradition of nb bashing continues.
like they required to ring bells before stepping into a brahmin area or separate glass for them in govt schools or washing off riksha after they stepped terming they have impurified the riksha. RIDICULOUS.

still in some rural areas there r walls differentiating dalits areas and symbol of oppression and untouchability.
Human soul only wants dignity and self respect. lets not isolate ppl. build bridges not walls.
IF reconciliation is needed anywhere badly then its needed in hindu society.
only reconcilation is the hope for real future progress on equality and justice and creating a better India for future generations.

Last edited:
Dear friends,

I do not support mere pretence of following one's traditions. Similarly following some traditions without knowing their meaning or purpose is not appreciable, but at the same time doesn't require condemnation.

Again, while defining traditions what I mean is culturally transmitted habits and customs, faith and beliefs, attitude and behaviour. It is essential one shall not accept what one's conscience does not permit. Similarly, one shall not accept what one considers unfair or immoral. A custom or tradition shall pass the test of universal truth and universal definition of fair play and justice. These do not change with times.

In the name of following one's traditions, I can
never recommend anything that will cause hardship or loss to others.

I reiterate that I am not against cultural transformation which must evolve over a longer period, without any conscious efforts of just one person or a group. The changes shall occur continuously and gradually, not by leaps and bounds. If it happens, there will be no resistance.

Finally I do agree that good traditions exist in every section of the society. They are not the exclusive properties of Brahmins alone.

Hope I have made myself clear.

Dear Shri pannvalan, Greetings!

....I do not support mere pretence of following one's traditions. Similarly following some traditions without knowing their meaning or purpose is not appreciable, but at the same time doesn't require condemnation.
I do agree with the above. There is no cause to condemn anyone who wishes to follow tradition in his/her personal life.

However, your MS-Word document in this thread and your poem "Falsehood in Modern Outlook" that you have cited are filled with caricatures of anyone who dares to question "tradition". From these what I understand is, for you, anyone who opposes tradition is by definition doing it just for the sake of it, and such "broad-mindedness" is pseudo or superficial. It is so black and white in your poem and the opening statement in this thread.

My question to you is, why must someone who goes against tradition and, for example, accepts icm for his/her wards, is pseudo or superficial? Suppose that a person born into a brahmin family, goes against tradition and takes up eating meat and social drinking, how can you tell he/she is pseudo or superficial? Is it your view that it is impossible for such a person to be honest about his/her reasoning ability and must be, ipso facto, pseudo and/or superficial?

Now, in the reverse, let us take a person who is very proud about Brahmin culture and wants to defend it and promote it, but does not do nitya karma, eats in restaurants where NV are cooked and/or served like in restaurants in star hotels or airline flights, eats baked products that may have eggs -- most Brahmins, close to 90% of them, I have come across both in India and elsewhere fall into this group -- wouldn't such persons be more pseudo and/or superficial than the ones you label "broad-minded"?

Hope I have made myself clear.
No sir, your response is very unclear to me. I request you to address my questions as directly as you can please. I would greatly appreciate your response.

Thank you ...

Dear Prof,

1. In my Tamil poem, I had only highlighted the behaviour of people who consciously discard everything that is old as outlived and irrelevant. These
people imitate or copy those live in the mega cities or the west.

2. This they do because of much of the fanfare attached to such behaviour as depicted in the media and films. They get easily lured to adopt the
same behaviour or style.

3. Many educated people particularly those from rural areas suffer from inferiority complex. When their value system is not so strong and when they
were simply following what they were told by their parents and other elders, they lack conviction and faith in what they do. Therefore, they have
constant vacillation in their mind. This gets accentuated when they see an ultra-modern person from a city background or when they themselves
visit/migrate to some big city.

4. Many of the younger generation people have a fear within that they shall not be left behind their peers and the only way to overcome this fear is
to join them and do what all their peers do. This starts from simple mannerism to forming principles and ideologies in one's life. This forces one to
change one's profession midway.

5. It is human tendency to refute, challenge or violate (openly or clandestinely) what is repeatedly emphasized and inculcated, without proper
explanation or justification from the elders. As the "forbidden fruit always tastes sweeter", they want to have a 'try'. All the parents will not have
the necessary skills to convince their children, whenever they raise doubts and ask so many questions. At such times, the children must be taken
to a knowledgeable person or a scholar to take up the job of convincing the kids. One appreciable quality in kids is, once convinced, they will
never look back.

6. Professor, I do not call one a Brahmin, if he merely does 'nithya anushtanam' of certain rituals and ceremonies. More than being a brahmin
outwardly, I want a person to follow the inner meaning of what is told in many hymns, slokas or mantras and our sastras. Yes, I agree it is not
100% possible for an average person. Nevertheless, serious attempt must be made to follow the 'dharma' (duty) to the maximum extent possible.
Lame excuses shall not be cited to abdicate them or swerve from them.

7. Finally, certain compromises are necessary, when we travel long distances. Even then, one can avoid deliberately taking food that one does not
like or accepting something contrary to one's principles and faith. Good amount of pre-planning will surely help to avoid pitfalls in this connection.

Before I conclude, let me tell you that we human beings realize certain things only as we grow older, gaining more experiences and insights. There is nothing wrong in changing one's outlook, in due course of time, as long as it is not immoral and illegal. The one and only sine qua non is living in harmony with one's own self.

Dear Shri Pannvalan, Thank you for your long response. Not to belabor the issue, please permit me to express some more thoughts. From your responses I find that you are force-fitting people into two categories, (i) broad-minded and (ii) traditionalists, and then, you are applying different standards for these two groups to portray one as totally hypocritical and the other as well meaning even while falling short. Perhaps I am being too analytical, but I find that your presentation lacks any nuance that real life demands.

What I find is, people do not fall into two neat categories, but fall along a continuum, with totally traditional on one end and totally rejecting everything traditional on the other end. There are very few people in either extreme, if any. Most people bunch around the center. Most people fall short of whatever they may feel as the ideal behavior, some are aware of it, and some are not. So, I think there is no cause for singling out just those who may have a more relaxed outlook as pseudo, superficial etc.

I also do not think "imitating" is bad. People quote Thirvalluvar and Rg Veda to proclaim that good ideas must be welcome from all directions. That would be imitating also. It is bad if a youngster sees a grown up smoking and tries to imitate that. But, if a villager sees a city boy well versed in English reading Voltaire and Thoreau and tries to imitate that, nobody can say that is bad. (This is just an example to show imitating something foreign is not necessarily bad, not that only western authors must be read).

In summary, in as much as I am probably one who would fall as far away from the "Traditionalist" extreme in the continuum, your presentation comes across as mean-spirited to me.

Thank you ....

//So, I think there is no cause for singling out just those who may have a more relaxed outlook as pseudo, superficial etc.//

Very true but with one qualification--only if they do not make a virtue of it. The same would apply to those in the other end of the spectrum too.

A family member is asked to take a 'Full Bath and wash his clothes' after visiting a Barber shop. I think this practise is still relevant today, if we explain it as a question of hygiene rather than Theetu.

I feel pannvalan is talking about broader issues when he says ‘safeguarding, preserving and promoting our heritage and culture’ than a visit to Barber shop or How to apply a naamam.

With the airlines charging extra for food onboard, pre-planning has become an economic necessity!!

thanks,

...What I find is, people do not fall into two neat categories, but fall along a continuum, with totally traditional on one end and totally rejecting everything traditional on the other end. There are very few people in either extreme, if any. Most people bunch around the center.
Dear Shri Nara,

I agree with your above observation.

Most people fall short of whatever they may feel as the ideal behavior, some are aware of it, and some are not. So, I think there is no cause for singling out just those who may have a more relaxed outlook as pseudo, superficial etc.
Here, I feel most people feel their position in this continuum to be the ideal mix; anything more traditional being impractical and not worldly-wise, and anything more anti-traditional being heretical. This is the root cause of various povs even as reflected here in this forum.

In my view, the majority, which you say will be somewhere around the middle, will slowly but inexorably inch towards the non-traditional end. But when it is told that this shall happen and so it is better all tambrams to shed all their inhibitions and make a fast move towards that end, right now, it becomes unsettling to many who find comfort and solace in their present position and are not prepared for any rapid changes. It is similar to telling a small child that he/she will grow, become old and diseased and will die surely; the young mind will be shocked to even hear this, much less to accept it. I think if we become aware of this it will be better for all of us.

Dear Mr Panvaalan,

I think it would be better to take real life cases and discuss rather than generalising as members participating in the discussion may feel that they do not understand. Now to make it more purposeful shall we take the case of those TBs who would not wear the yagyopaveetham and when asked give the reason that it is just a bunch of thread hanging around your neck and so they do not want it. They even go one step further and say that they do not want to wear their caste on their chests and foreheads. Taking an imagery from the English language they argue that wearing a poonool and a naamam/vibhuti is nothing but "wearing the caste on their sleeves". I think I have more or less started what you want to discuss. Or have I missed your point?

I started this thread, having only people on one extreme in my mind and it was never my intention to criticize or attack all the broad-minded people together. But, my concern is their tribe (on the extreme end) is increasing day by day.

As Revathi has stated in her post, a traditional person can also be broad-minded and a broad-minded one can also be traditional. Both are not mutually exclusive. But, I carefully used the term 'broad-minded' only to describe those persons who revel in challenging the traditions transmitted through several generations. They may not be majority but many of such people are well educated, occupy high positions in power and wield enormous influence on the other sections of the society. By their thoughts and actions, they show a wrong direction to the society - present and next generation people.

I always tell that there is nothing wrong in imitating someone, provided it is for learning something. In fact, 'imitation and modelling' and 'learning by trial and error' are two methods figuring at the bottom of the learning curve. Again, quoting from great scholars and saints is a universally accepted practice. It does not fall under imitation. It is done to inspire others, not just to add strength to one's arguments.

After imitation, once should quickly move on to the next stage of learning.

I always tell, "Imitate, Emulate, Excel". These are 3 stages in the progress of a person. Obviously, the first stage lasts for a short period, the second one longer and the third one till one's death.

Finally, in the analogy you have quoted i.e. a villager seeing a city boy who is well versed in English first feels insecure and develops inferiority complex too. But, mastering English language alone does not take one to the higher stratum of the society. But to say this at least, a person must learn English well and then tell his opinion with added conviction and force.

I wish to conclude this post by saying that one shall not utilize his scholastic achievements to defend wrong things in life.

....But when it is told that this shall happen and so it is better all tambrams to shed all their inhibitions and make a fast move towards that end, right now, it becomes unsettling to many who find comfort and solace in their present position and are not prepared for any rapid changes.
Dear Shri sangom, you are expressing a fear that has no basis in fact. Nobody I see participating here forcing anybody to do anything. Nobody from the "broad-minded" side deriding or using pejorative terms against those on the other side of the spectrum. We all present our ideas. They will sell only to the extent they make sense and are acceptable.

So, I think your fear that the spectrum is moving too fast to the liking of masses cannot be supported. If it indeed is moving too fast, then, that is because the mass has chosen to move fast, not because they are forced to move. This will happen only if our arguments are persuasive, and if that is so, you can't find any fault with that.

We have had this discussion in icm thread as well. I think we on this side of the spectrum have every right to present our views and leave it to the people to decide how fast or how far they want to move. What I find objectionable is characterizing the people on my side of the spectrum as pseudo and superficial as Shri Pannvalan has done.

Cheers!

To All: Sir the title is saying there are two different things at one point i agree with Revathiji and pannvalan,that A person can Tradational and broad minted. This may suit for person to person and place where you are living, s.r.k.

Dear Shri sangom, you are expressing a fear that has no basis in fact. Nobody I see participating here forcing anybody to do anything. Nobody from the "broad-minded" side deriding or using pejorative terms against those on the other side of the spectrum. We all present our ideas. They will sell only to the extent they make sense and are acceptable.

So, I think your fear that the spectrum is moving too fast to the liking of masses cannot be supported. If it indeed is moving too fast, then, that is because the mass has chosen to move fast, not because they are forced to move. This will happen only if our arguments are persuasive, and if that is so, you can't find any fault with that.

We have had this discussion in icm thread as well. I think we on this side of the spectrum have every right to present our views and leave it to the people to decide how fast or how far they want to move. What I find objectionable is characterizing the people on my side of the spectrum as pseudo and superficial as Shri Pannvalan has done.

Cheers!
Dear Shri Nara,

I think I have not been clear. What I meant was an exhortation that the movement towards the liberal end is sure to happen and so please move now itself, is the thing which unsettles. It is not only with reference to icms but many other issues as well. And If not you there are others whose post sound in this fashion, at least to my limited understanding.

I wish to conclude this post by saying that one shall not utilize his scholastic achievements to defend wrong things in life.

Shri PannvalanJi,

I understand in a way what you mean. But again one should be very careful in generalising, because one man's wrong could very well be another man's "OK" or right. Unless we have a clear standardised black and white list of what constitutes wrong and right, these usually tend to be rather grey. Certain wrongs we can say for sure are wrong like murder, stealing etc.

Like SurajuJi said it would be better to give real life or imagined examples of what we think these wrongs are.

Dear Shri Nara,

I think I have not been clear. What I meant was an exhortation that the movement towards the liberal end is sure to happen and so please move now itself, is the thing which unsettles. It is not only with reference to icms but many other issues as well. And If not you there are others whose post sound in this fashion, at least to my limited understanding.

i must be be one of the 'the other whose post sound in this fashion'. usually i prefer not to answer innuendos, because i would very much discuss a post for what it is worth direct face to face. even if i am not alluded to, i would like to take up their case.

i don't think in any of my posts that i used any exhortation, as this would imply inciting or encouraging someone to do something. i give credit to the forum members for ability to think for themselves and evaluate values and solutions. what is presented is one pov, based on my experiences in life. each one of us is an history to itself, and our views reflect the rich details that went to build what we are today. while i do not deny anyone's right to express themselves, in the same context, i think it is only fair that i get a chance to be read.

what is unnerving to me is the double standards, that many members have and no one has replied to this. why is it ok for your own son or daughter to marry out of tambrams, while it is not good, for other's sons, with even more acute problems, such as finding a tambram girl willing to marry them? there are so many young men condemned to a lonely life in old age, and to me, they need encouragement and be set up for success. not in another ten years. or twenty years. but now, for everyone has only youth in this world. once it is gone, it is gone forever.

the only credit that i am willing to take, and i consider myself this, is to be solution oriented. i am not comfortable with folks who keep complaining about the current situations, blame the british or muslims, wail over the loss of spirituality and above all nowadays to blame our tambram girls and their parents. let us not wallow in the misery of others. let us move, and help people find time boxed solutions and give them encouragement. life is too short to procrastinate.

pann has stated something about certain types of folks 'showing wrong directions to the society'. while i would like to disqualify myself because i am not a person of 'occupy high positions in power and wield enormous influence on the other sections of the society', i would question the presumption as to who judges what is a 'wrong direction'. should old tambram men be the judges? or should it be the mid twenties unmarried womenfolk?

there is a lot of presumption as to what is 'wrong'. i think it is very personal, and barring absolutes like stealing, murder or betrayal, there can be valid arguements on both sides to define 'rights' and 'wrongs'

who would like to take the onus of handing out judgements as to the rigths or wrongs, in this forum? can anyone claim to have understood the issues from all perspectives, and weigh them all uniformly and without prejudice, and to have come to conclude the mighty judgements? i, for cringe even at the thought of even passing a judgement on my own views, for i know for sure, they are definitely flawed and of limited perspectives.

so, instead of generalizations, and innuendos, and morally high road overview, a good starting point, may be examples or quotes to prove a point of view or better still, to explain one. let us start from the bottom, and buid our cases. maybe we will not convert someone else to our viewpoint, but atleast we will better understand our own stands.

thank you.

Last edited:
.... What I meant was an exhortation that the movement towards the liberal end is sure to happen and so please move now itself, is the thing which unsettles. It is not only with reference to icms but many other issues as well. And If not you there are others whose post sound in this fashion, at least to my limited understanding.
Dear Shri Sangom, this is also an unfounded fear, IMO.

We all have our POV and we present it to the best our ability to persuade. I also further assume, and I believe this is a fair assumption, that we all are convinced in our own way of the "rightness" of the position we are arguing in favor of. So, if someone feels strong enough to encourage movement towards the liberal end, then they have the right to present that argument. If the position advocated is unsettling, then, the right response is to present an argument for not moving to the liberal side too quickly and leave it to the readers to decide what to do, if anything.

A position or an argument, made with all civility and decency, is unsettling to some cannot be a valid reason to ask the proponents of that position to refrain from presenting that argument.

Cheers!

In my view, the majority, which you say will be somewhere around the middle, will slowly but inexorably inch towards the non-traditional end. But when it is told that this shall happen and so it is better all tambrams to shed all their inhibitions and make a fast move towards that end, right now, it becomes unsettling to many who find comfort and solace in their present position and are not prepared for any rapid changes. It is similar to telling a small child that he/she will grow, become old and diseased and will die surely; the young mind will be shocked to even hear this, much less to accept it. I think if we become aware of this it will be better for all of us.

IMO, its in the nature of extreme views (both ends) to be persuasive and relentless in pushing their POV irrespective of what the public opinion is.

We see this very clearly in American Politics today

On the one hand the Tea Party is bent on repealing all the laws passed in the last 2 years to turn the clock back.
On the other hand the Hope that blossomed on Obama Presidency has waned and the left rather than taking responsibility brazenly says Obama was not Left enough. Its like the captain jumping the sinking ship first to claim later that he was at no fault!

thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back