• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Brahmins caused DMK defeat, says Karuna

Status
Not open for further replies.
Samacheer Kalvi

Hon'able CM Jaya unnecessarily made this "Samacheer Kalvi" as a hot political issue and nearly about 12 million school children and their parents are suffering in the past 45 days without any books and proper teaching.
Samacheer Kalvi is just not a political issue. It is an issue that has to be resolved in SC only and any Order that SC gives against the popular position in Tamilnadu will not be honored by the popular Government in Tamilnadu! For instance, many High Courts in India gave verdict that those with MPhil and PhD will not qualify for a college teacher without passing the NET exam conducted by UGC and CSIR. No college and University in India follows it. The Sc is hearing the appeal and if it concurred with HC Orders, than again it will not be honored. SC knows that it is not a executive body!

Samacheer Kalvi is related to many things like Admission procedure for Professional Courses (Entrance Exam or no?), Fees to be collected in Schools, Which Board for + 2 etc. MK Iyer was bound by a Court Order to implement it over a period of 6 years but he rushed to print the books for all the classes in one go and so this may in the end be one more of his....and if 200 Crores is meant only to print his face in the text books then that money has to be recovered only from him!

Just think as to why there should be so many Boards when the syllabus is only one?

If Samacheer is frozen by the books printed by him and if the SC passes another Order by next year that all admissions to professional courses has to happen only through an All India Entrance Exam (There is already one such Order for Medical Admission!) then all our students will become laggards (they already are in IIT, IAS, CAT etc) and all the positions in the professional courses here will be taken by students from Andhra, Kerala etc (but not Karnataka!).

The quality of syllabus in urban TN is very good with about 40% students in CBSE and Matric up to 10th. About 10 years back the students jumped from CBSE to Matric Board in +2 and now all of CBSE and Matric are jumping to State Board to improve their prospect (not knowing that things can change aburptly by a Court Order or a MCI notification or by whims and fancies of Kapil Sibals). These things happened not because of the qualitative assessment of the Syllabus but as a sequel to the rat race for professional course admission. The Tamilnadu Politicians want the prospect for the State Board to be high and for it the reason they say is that it alone caters to the rural Tamilnadu. If JJ is seeing this as not delivering to rural Tamilnadu (Can syllabus and book alone deliver? Doesn't it need smart class room infrastructure?) then she should have abandoned Samacheer Kalvi. If she has meant to abuse MK Iyer then she could have bested in it by distributing the books with disfigured photographs of the hero of Semmozhi and Samacheer Kalvi. But neither has happened.

There is no set-back to JJ till date in SC. The SC has only extended the dead line set by HC to give itself time on this matter. The matter is going to come again for hearing on 26th and my information is that the Government is ready to reopen the schools even by January next year, if necessary, to give itself time to sort out all the issues. SC will be under pressure for such stand by the executive Government.

Let us wait and watch but still I feel that Hon'ble intent is not apparent anywhere from any party in this issue. It is all only vested interest. But aren't the students enjoying their days without the books? What harm to them if Tamilnadu Government also drops Board exam for 10th?

Last edited by a moderator:
The quality of syllabus in urban TN is very good with about 40% students in CBSE and Matric up to 10th. About 10 years back the students jumped from CBSE to Matric Board in +2 and now all of CBSE and Matric are jumping to State Board to improve their prospect (not knowing that things can change aburptly by a Court Order or a MCI notification or by whims and fancies of Kapil Sibals). These things happened not because of the qualitative assessment of the Syllabus but as a sequel to the rat race for professional course admission.

Let us wait and watch but still I feel that Hon'ble intent is not apparent anywhere from any party in this issue. It is all only vested interest.

I think you have hit the crux of the issue. After all, what prevents the govt from improving its own syllabus?

The idea is to exercise complete control over education. The govt is trying to achieve it by way of standardization. Throw in the word "equality" and popular support is guaranteed.

This move affects mainly those who have to look beyond TN for education opportunities. Many middle class people think that this will help reduce education costs. I do not think they are right. Because what is not taught in schools as part of syllabus, students will have to learn outside the school. Education is only going to be more expensive for them.

Oxymoron

கால பைரவன்;87996 said:
After all, what prevents the govt from improving its own syllabus? ...
...complete control over education. by way of standardization... Because what is not taught in schools as part of syllabus, students will have to learn outside the school. Education is only going to be more expensive for them.
A honest teacher knows that different students needs different text books even if the syllabus is going to be the same. At college level the boys, in general, prefer handy books for exams while they refer voluminous books for better understanding. The girls however prefer verbose book for exam preparation for they easily reproduce more from the book in the answer paper. the earlier State Board books also are in a way a handy book while the CBSE preferred voluminous books. Though the books differ the syllabus do not differ much. In my opinion the quality education should cater to the need of the students and so the standardization will be a killer of quality. Their can be a agreed minimum standards in things like 'syllabus' but there cannot be an excellence from standard of every thing. Very simply the Samam +Cheer is an oxymoron!

Unfortunately the education happening by Court Orders in Tamilnadu is the cause for all the trouble. In reality all the Court Orders in education are adhered to only by exception! If the Court chose to interfere, than it should ensure that its Order is comprehensive and executable. But the Orders are more out of the vested interest of the Judges in the single benches and the First and Special Benches in every case do not have any other alternative than passing an Order that will result only in appeal in SC. May be the situation will improve only if the single bench Judges are forced to defend their Orders arising out of the appeal. But the worst thing happen only in the Court Appointments in India (No entrance exam to Bar, Experience not considered for District Judges position etc) and so the scope in very less.

MK finds different causes for the DMK Defeat.Some are,
1)Media sathi
2)People want me to take rest.
3)Congress kalai vari vittadhu
4)Kood natpu
and so on so forth.
Moththaththil Eththai thinnal Pitham Thelium.
Alwan

I fared badly in school end exam because

1 Bad school - to my new college friends
2 Bad teacher - to my parents
3 Bad friends - to my kids after some years
4 Bad syllabus - to my students after some time

All are correct for all are bad to the bad in me

Mr.MK is ,doubtless, anti-brahmin. No two opinions about it.

Who will forget his garlanding Lord Rama with chappals and taking the
photo in procession four decades ago ?

His support to Kanchi seer is more political rather than anything else.
He had lined up his cadres for bandh on the following day in Kancheepuram
against Kanchi Mutt, and JJ committed the grave mistake of arresting
the seer in haste to prevent DMK getting some mileage out of it.
Instead, DMK got what they wanted. They created an impression that
JJ was anti-brahmin.

Do you all know how many politicians have constructed shopping-complexes
and undergrounds , by filling up the temple tanks leaving no trace of any
temple tank ? JJ later retreived all these tanks. The tanks not only
supply water to the temples and are also a good source for underground
water-table.

and JJ committed the grave mistake of arresting
the seer in haste to prevent DMK getting some mileage out of it.
Instead, DMK got what they wanted. They created an impression that
JJ was anti-brahmin.
Will JJ voice for fair representation of Bhakthi Ilakkiyam in Samacheer Kalvi or any other Kalvi that she has in her mind for Tamilnadu? JJ is a Brahmin and so there is no question of she being construed as anti Brahmin. Brahmins do have hatred amongst ourselves and JJ is definitely target of it. As a shrewd politician MK Iyer will make use of our disunity.

Generally the land grabbing also started in large scale only in the earlier regime of JJ. DMK only over did the scheme made out by the AIADMK. My doubt is that AIADMK is creating more confusion only to grab again the lands from land grabbers. The temples are not going to get even a square inch of its land.

About the inclusion of bakthi ilakkiyam, we will have to wait and see.

Even Chanakya has to learn quite a lot from MK. I consider him as very shrewd
politician.

About land grabbing, what you say may be true. Who belongs to DMK and who
belongs to AIADMK we are not sure at times .

Dear NRRji,
I beg to differ from in your view "Even Chanakya has to learn quite a lot from MK. I consider him as very shrewd politician".
Right from his days of Kallalludi(Rail roko by him)He used to tell one thing and he will act the otherway.I feel this is not chanakkya.
Just one Example .In the case of separation of tamilnadu from India (once DMK was taking up this issue as a weapon to threaten the central) They told they are going to burn the constitutional order/statement.When the court intervened they simply escaped by saying we burnt only a piece of paper having the content of constitutional order/statement.I think this is not any Chanakkyam,only cowardism.Chanakkya's soul may feel bad for he is compared with cowards like MK. MK's Chanakkyam is not able to bailout Kani or any money.
Alwan

... MK's Chanakkyam is not able to bailout Kani ....
I have no sympathy for MK and his family, but, I don't understand why Kani (why only Kani, why not Dayalu who is supposed to be even a larger shareholder?) and Raja are denied bail. The only legitimate reason for denying bail is the chance that accused may abscond. How big a risk is this in the case of these two people?

Another possibility is the fear that they may attempt to tamper evidence, but would that not be even a more serious crime? Perhaps the prosecutors are not confident that if tampering occurs they may not be able to make the tampering charge stick. Of course that is a problem, but that is a problem for the prosecutors, not the justice system. IMO, by denying bail to the accused on these grounds, the justice system in India is taking a beating.

Once again, I have no sympathy for the family, I am sure there was massive corruption in this deal, and all the culprits must be charged, tried, and if convicted thrown in prison for a long time, as per law. Throwing just a few people in jail before conviction is a travesty, and smacks of political intrigue.

Cheers!

Two important men who might have provided the details are dead and gone
( killed ? ). There is no talk about this and no action seems to have been taken.
That is why it is felt that the accused might tamper with or completely erase
the evidence and also the men having knowledge of it.

About the inclusion of bakthi ilakkiyam, we will have to wait and see.
Even Chanakya has to learn quite a lot from MK. I consider him as very shrewd
politician.
About land grabbing, what you say may be true. Who belongs to DMK and who
belongs to AIADMK we are not sure at times .
Did MK Iyer meant Chanakya by any chance for the Brahmin who caused the defeat? Perhaps he would have expected Chanakya to approve corruption and Land Grabbing in Arthasastra!

MK Iyer caused decline to Brahmin community and he caused damage to Bhakthi movement as per majority of Brahmins. Therefore the idea of Brahmin's revenge is haunting him. But his own family seems to be calling him senile. Therefore the Brahmins who are of the habit of seeking trouble should henceforth start discussing about the contribution of MKS, MKA, MKKm and MKTa to Tamil literature and Politics. In my opinion it will be MKKm who can match MK Iyer in her anti Brahmin posture and so can make life of Brahmins interesting again amidst rumble after MK Iyer. The others have not yet proved anything in this regard!!

A Thread for Land Grabbing cases of TBs

Perhaps he means Mr.Subramaniam Swamy .
Lord Subrahmanya Swamy may not be a Brahmin. MK Iyer may not be admitting even in his dream the supermacy of Subrahmanya swamy of Janatha Party. The fact now is that MK Iyer and Co are now seeking support of the best of Brahmin advocates to escape the police action in things like Land Grab case. One of the senior most lawyer has declined to appear for a DMK men but now has been convinced to support the DMK lawyer from the background for a huge fees. It appears the advocate lost one of his hard earned property in posh RA Puram to property grabbers and is believing relief through the Court rather than the AIADMK government. It is a fact that many of the Brahmin's property has been targeted by the property grabbing sharks and they have operated by targeting one weak member in the family against the other so that the family may be fighting amongst themselves as a property dispute. None of JJs initiative has reached these people and will not reach for TBs are not the habit of complaining!

May be the administrator of TamilBrahmins.com can volunteer to open a thread for the affected TBs to share their case and to seek guidance from the forum

why mk i errr not mk i younger or mk mudalai yaar or mk pill hai ?

why mk i errr not mk i younger or mk mudalai yaar or mk pill hai ?
Earlier it has been posted that MK belongs to the community that for centuries are trying to emulate Brahmins desperately. The community predominantly stayed with Brahmins and worked along with them in and around temples. In fact the hatred could be more out of the familiarity and thus it is better to give the devil its due and so MK Iyer. You can call him MK Iyengar or MK Mudaliyar and he should not mind about it for his secular stance.

MK Iyer blamed Brahmin for his defeat and the Brahmins see him to be the reason for his defeat. This also deduce to MK as a Brahmin and I propose that the forum should join together to invite him to make post here!

If MK feels that Brahmins have caused DMF defeat, then he has realized Brahmin power. That is Brahmin power. Pen is mightier than sword. Mind is mightier than muscle.

If MK feels that Brahmins have caused DMF defeat, then he has realized Brahmin power. That is Brahmin power. Pen is mightier than sword. Mind is mightier than muscle.
The question is whether we Brahmin acknowledge that we have that power?

The question is whether we Brahmin acknowledge that we have that power?

A Rose is a Rose by whatever name you call it. Apples are Red or Green though you may paint it with whatever color.

Whether you use your power or not, you have power, potential, talents, intelligence, wisdom, understanding, knowledge etc, etc, etc, etc ............................

Iyer

Earlier it has been posted that MK belongs to the community that for centuries are trying to emulate Brahmins desperately. The community predominantly stayed with Brahmins and worked along with them in and around temples. In fact the hatred could be more out of the familiarity and thus it is better to give the devil its due and so MK Iyer. You can call him MK Iyengar or MK Mudaliyar and he should not mind about it for his secular stance.

MK Iyer blamed Brahmin for his defeat and the Brahmins see him to be the reason for his defeat. This also deduce to MK as a Brahmin and I propose that the forum should join together to invite him to make post here!

i like tiru-varoor people as my ancients hailed from here.honst god why would he blame us,is beyond me.ppl are no longer gullible to such baitings any longer,perform or leave in politics is the new mantra.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back