• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Brahmins caused DMK defeat, says Karuna

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no sympathy for MK and his family, but, I don't understand why Kani (why only Kani, why not Dayalu who is supposed to be even a larger shareholder?) and Raja are denied bail. The only legitimate reason for denying bail is the chance that accused may abscond. How big a risk is this in the case of these two people?

Another possibility is the fear that they may attempt to tamper evidence, but would that not be even a more serious crime? Perhaps the prosecutors are not confident that if tampering occurs they may not be able to make the tampering charge stick. Of course that is a problem, but that is a problem for the prosecutors, not the justice system. IMO, by denying bail to the accused on these grounds, the justice system in India is taking a beating.

Once again, I have no sympathy for the family, I am sure there was massive corruption in this deal, and all the culprits must be charged, tried, and if convicted thrown in prison for a long time, as per law. Throwing just a few people in jail before conviction is a travesty, and smacks of political intrigue.

Cheers!

prof,

i am sorry to say that you havent understood the 'case' in it's 'entirety' presumably because you dont track tn politics carefully.

this is actually an "open and shut" case...."opened" to preclude muka shedding croc tears for sl tamils & isolating congress and will be "shut" as more evidence points to the complicity of congress in the deals.

i wish to assure you that the principles of natural justice have been fully followed in this case, evidence of which is as below :

a. kani despite being daughter of someone described as an "expert in scientific corruption" by sarkaria commission, was so naive to take the "cut" in "white"...so she was given ample time to redo the paperwork to show the 214 cr payoff as a loan and "return" it. her tenure in tihar is the price she's paying for her naivety & living up to the adage "vadhyar pulla makku". as muka's daughter she had to much much better than this.

b. a raaaaasa is in jail because that's the only way perhaps to keep him alive.

c. you are joking, arent you when you say that tampering evidence is a more "serious crime"...do you seriously believe that cbi can run behind kani & co, once she's let off and hope to "recover" evidence ? sir, you have to realize that you are talking of india and especially tamil nadu.

i've loved kani's incarceration, not just because i am convinced she's guilty but it brought out the "scientific temper" of muka - within 2 trips to tihar, he "scientifically" concluded that a "flower" placed in tihar would wilt within "15 minutes". it is enshrined in indian constitution that govt should do all that it can to promote scientific temper in the nation, so what better way ?

i am surprised when you say that throwing people in jail before conviction is travesty of justice...it is not, legally as you would surely know, the persons are treated as "under trial prisoners" and are exempted from wearing prison clothes etc.. also if convicted, the period of under trial is reduced from the overall sentence.

given the complexity of the case, i think the progress has been reasonably quick.

You are Right.Before Manaivi and thunaivi he had a TB Woman as his life partner.If I remember correct she is non other than the sister of Late Chidhambaram Jayaraman who was a popular film singer at that period.And if i am correct M.K.Muthu is their son.Somebody may correct me if I am wrong.

Alwan

Keeping the suspects in the jail is only to prevent them from tampering with
the evidences and threatening the people to become hostile or face torture
by the goondas or possibly total elimination. Money and political power are
the criteria to decide whether an accused is capable of this. Has anyone bothered
about Raja's assistant's death ( or murder ) ?

Sonia is afraid that many things will come to light now that Raja has pointed
his fingers at PM and PC.

Shri NRR
It will not be a wonder if these days the wealthy inmates have necessary facilities to run a BPO to continue their own interests. But Raja and Kalmadi are going to be smarter than the highest echelons.

You are Right.Before Manaivi and thunaivi he had a TB Woman as his life partner.If I remember correct she is non other than the sister of Late Chidhambaram Jayaraman who was a popular film singer at that period.And if i am correct M.K.Muthu is their son.Somebody may correct me if I am wrong.
Alwan
You are right except for the assumption that Chidambaram Jayaraman is a TB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back