• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Brahmins caused DMK defeat, says Karuna

Status
Not open for further replies.
Numerically the TB can not upset anyone in elections in Tamilnadu and so MK has not meant it against the entire TB community. The depleting community has lost its numerical advantage and therefore MK should only be complaining those TBs who have migrated away from Tamilnadu and has not come down here to vote. There is no use to MK that these NRI TBs post their DMK sympathetic message and not vote!

I have another doubt. What is the Varna of the MK's community? They are not Kshathriyas or Vysyas or Sudras. This community for eons has been trying to emulate Brahmins and thus have earned for themselves place next to Brahmins in all the temples. So they are Brahmins to some extent!! May be he is bullying his community people who are rubbing shoulders with the Brahmins in the temple, in an indirect way!!!

May be that TBs should henceforth refer him as Karunanidhi Iyer to build bridge with him. Most of the TBs will be rejecting JJ for a Brahmin for her dubious acts and life-style. But it is going to be always a clash between a dubious Brahmin and pseudo Brahmin in Tamilnadu and thus all that an orthodox Brahmin can do is to ignore the Assembly elections.

A world in which both TBs and Namathu Thamazigam find common cause with the same politician is a strange world indeed. Who else can pull this off than our own mercurial CM. I just heard that Sathyaraj, Seeman, et al. are planing a meeting to thank CM for passing a resolution demanding action by the center against Sri Lanka on war crimes.

Jj mk tb

A world in which both TBs and Namathu Thamazigam find common cause with the same politician is a strange world indeed.
Maayavathi has already done it and so it is not a strange phenomenon. It happened by design in UP but JJ did nothing for restoring Brahmin's dignity. It is only the TBs now trying to appease her after her victory! JJ know the undercurrent of anti-brahmin sentiments prevailing in Tamilnadu and so will not dare to do anything good for Brahmins. Please note that she has not opened her mouth till date on MKs utterances on Brahmins. But she was the first to call foul MK when he tried to play with Dalith sentiments with Raja. JJ can only be expected not to throw stick on Brahmins first if she saw a Brahmin and a Dog simultaneously. She tries now to portray herself as against corrupt dogs only.

JJ can only be expected not to throw stick on Brahmins first if she saw a Brahmin and a Dog simultaneously. She tries now to portray herself as against corrupt dogs only.
Hello Harini, I agree with your general post, but not with what the above, surely a hyperbole resulting from frustration, intends to convey.

BTW, I think most Brahmins were quite thrilled to see JJ come back as CM. This is puzzling since she is a self-proclaimed follower of Periyar and CNA. What is the reason for this in your opinion?

Cheers!

Brahmins fear JJ, more than MK Iyer

, I think most Brahmins were quite thrilled to see JJ come back as CM. This is puzzling since she is a self-proclaimed follower of Periyar and CNA. What is the reason for this in your opinion?
She had ritualistic head bath for Periyar and CNA at Mahamaha kulam. The ideology of ADMK is clothed in secrecy while that of DMK it is clothed in mystery. Also there are good percentage of Brahmins who don't believe in God and scriptures though they may not be knowing anything about Periyar or CNA. Brahmins were thrilled because MK Iyer was rooted out and not because JJ returned as CM again. Brahmins feel insecure under JJ also and that is the reason the comment of MK Iyer on brahmins was not raked up still. This is in spite of media here having brahmins at influential position today!! What else can be holding them? Why Cho or Swamy or SG mouthed anything yet on it?

Brahmins fear JJ, more than MK Iyer. MK Iyer can be tamed in spite of his anti Brahmin stand. But JJ is an absolute power

Nara;81920 said:
Dear Sri "Nara",

I doubt whether all Brahmins are happy on Ms J.Jayalalithaa's return to Power. But people in Tamil Nadu preferred a change after the exposure of dynastic rule of money making DMK and TINA factor favoured AIADMK.

By the way, Do you really believe any one in the present generation know or follow the words of Periyar or CNA ? I don't think so when I see the resurgence of blind faith and practices against which these reformists fought through out their political life.

Regards,
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

Dear Mr. Brahmanyan,

..... whether all Brahmins are happy on Ms J.Jayalalithaa's return to Power. But people in Tamil Nadu preferred a change after the exposure of dynastic rule of money making DMK and TINA factor favoured AIADMK.

Brahmins in TN are least bothered as to who rules the state because no one will help them in any way and throw away their political capital. If one was allowed to continue in power he would have sold the entire TN and remitted the proceeds to some numbered account in Cayman Island or some such exotic island nation after buying that nation for hard cash. His greed knew no limits and this is what brought him down. TBs do not expect anything from JJ. They would like to live their life with freedom as allowed to citizens belonging to other communities in TN. MK knew that TBs are a spent force as far as the tamil nadu politics is concerned. Yet he could not resist the temptation to needle them at frequent intervels with barbs like நான் அவாளுக்கு பிடிக்காத சாமானியன், விருப்பம் போல தலைவரை மாற்ற தி மு க ஒன்றும் சங்கர மடம் இல்லை etc. JJ never does this. That is the only difference between the two politicians.Depth of vision, capacity to rise above vindictive petty mindedness etc are qualities in politicians which Tamils have to wait for, may be, another century.

By the way, Do you really believe any one in the present generation know or follow the words of Periyar or CNA ? I don't think so when I see the resurgence of blind faith and practices against which these reformists fought through out their political life.

They were neither reformists worth the name nor did they fight against blind faith and practices sincerely. They were politicians whose skill in pedagogy was good and they used it to good advantage. There are any number of politically neutral people who believe as you do that these were great reformers. This is a standing monument to the skills of these two in creating an impression in the minds of people. You may ask " if they were not reformers what were they?" My answer is "They were hatred mongers in the political bazaar cleverly selling an utopia to gullible customers. Their sales talk started first with hatred to acquire mind-space and then progressed to disbursal of liberal doses of the opiate called dravidian culture/pride and ended up with the promise of a utopian Dravida Nadu".

Cheers.

Last edited:
Karuna dug his own grave while in power by various acts about which the whole nation is aware of.He was of the firm hope that by doling out freebies he could fool around the voters and win back to power.Unfortunately for him, people of the state could smell the rat and threw his party out.It is not the brahmins the root cause for his defeat, it is the people of the state who got disgusted with his misrule.

MK TALKS against Brahmins. JJ ACTS against Brahmins.
For MK, anti-brahmin stand is his STRATEGY. For JJ, it is her SWEET WILL.
MK is USED TO making statements that make brahmins unhappy. JJ is DETERMINED to make brahmins unhappy
MK resorts to brahmin bashing as a weapon; JJ does it for sadistic autocratic pleasure.
MK explicitly attacks brahmins but does not do any any harm. JJ implies no good to brahmins.

Yet, MK is PERCEIVED as anti-brahmin and JJ as "our own leader" by the so-called elite brahmin community. No one can do any good to brahmin community nor does the community expect any favour from any leader. A brahmin is as good as a Pillai or Mudali. Brahmins have no power in politics.

So, we just have to laugh at MK's frustration and can at best symapthise with him. He himself knows the real reasons for his failures but has to talk differently in public!

... Brahmins were thrilled because MK Iyer was rooted out and not because JJ returned as CM again.

[...]

Brahmins fear JJ, more than MK Iyer. MK Iyer can be tamed in spite of his anti Brahmin stand. But JJ is an absolute power
Harini, these two statements seem to be contradictory, no? But I do agree that Brahmins are probably more thrilled that MK (Why do say Iyer, puzzling?) is out than JJ is in. Some Brahmins may be kind of ambivalent about JJ, but I suspect many more are proud that a Brahmin is heading the state.

Cheers!

I doubt whether all Brahmins are happy on Ms J.Jayalalithaa's return to Power. But people in Tamil Nadu preferred a change after the exposure of dynastic rule of money making DMK and TINA factor favoured AIADMK.
Dear B sir, what is TINA factor?

As I said elsewhere, my guess is, a large majority of Brahmins are proud to see a Brahmin heading TN, it is only a guess.

Only lip service is paid to Periyar and CNA by both parties, I agree. But I find it ironic that Brahmins of certain age who are quite familiar with Periyar and CNA and have an exaggerated antipathy for them, are so happy to see JJ, a self-declared Periyar and CNA follower, become CM for no other reason than the notion that she is supposed to be a Brahmin.

Cheers!

Brahmin Power Brokers

Dear B sir, what is TINA factor?

guess is, a large majority of Brahmins are proud to see a Brahmin heading TN, it is only a guess.

...are so happy to see JJ, a self-declared Periyar and CNA follower, become CM for no other reason than the notion that she is supposed to be a Brahmin.
Come JJ, then many Brahmins become power brokers! They spread the message that now Brahmins can now be happy that a Brahmin is their CM. They try to convince them that they can now seek Government Job, University admission etc..."But for a fee!". The gullible Brahmin believes for MK's broker will take money but will cheat them even of the money when our own JJ's Brahmin broker will not cheat!! Corrupt people lives in their own world and in reality neither MK Iyer or JJ will do anything for ordinary Brahmins. It is unfortunate that these brokers are again quoting the Mutt!!

Kalaigner MK had a golden opportunity to leave behind a legacy.... had he not allowed his family to enter into TN politics and stopped his bad-mouthing of a very small community, the Brahmins (who make up just about 5% of the electorate).

I am afraid his tremendous service to Tamil literature and cinema will all be forgotten soon once he leaves the scene, like any other cheap politician!

Very sad.

Kalaigner MK had a golden opportunity to leave behind a legacy.... had he not allowed his family to enter into TN politics and stopped his bad-mouthing of a very small community, the Brahmins (who make up just about 5% of the electorate).

I am afraid his tremendous service to Tamil literature and cinema will all be forgotten soon once he leaves the scene, like any other cheap politician!

Very sad.

Dear Mr. Yamaka,

Can you please elaborate on the "tremendous service to Tamil Literature"?

suraju,

it is well acknowledged in literary circles, whatever may be one's political viewoint, MK's contributions stand out. even more so than CNA.

MK has voluminous outputs - even today when he is pushing late 80s - an age when most folks are barely strong enough just to wake up. the man, it is said, wakes up at 3 am daily, and spends the first 3 hours of the day, writing.

we may not like some of his political writings, but his critiques of our literature, shows an erudity and sharpt thinking.

btw, if i need any questions answered in any of our scriptures, it is ironical, i could go to MK and he could find the reference. straight off his memory. that ismore than what most of the hindu brahmins scholars can do. i think so anyway.

JJ says he has left a deficit of nearly 2 lakh crores. I doubt it is good governance.

iyya,

there are two issues here

- it is to J's benefit to exaggerate the debt. anything that MK did that look bad, is an opportunity for her to correct and claim success. later. so i would treat this with a grain of salt.
- it is not the debt load that should be the issue. 2 lakh crores, given the size of tamil nadu economy may be a manageable amount. i do not know. it is how the servicing is done, and what percentage of annual expense goes to service the debt - that would show how the debt could cripple the development - for money that should go to people, is going to banks to service/repay the debt.

MK (DMK, ADMK, PMK, DMDK, MDMK, etc.) parties deserve A rating for they focus only on As!
Acts of vendetta
Amassing wealth
Antipathy towards common man

It is unfortunate that such a historic state of TN is in the hands of these parties! The growth or prosperity, if any, of TN tells us the (pathetic) story about other states!!!!

MK (DMK, ADMK, PMK, DMDK, MDMK, etc.) parties deserve A rating for they focus only on As!
Acts of vendetta
Amassing wealth
Antipathy towards common man

It is unfortunate that such a historic state of TN is in the hands of these parties! The growth or prosperity, if any, of TN tells us the (pathetic) story about other states!!!!
Because all are "muttall kazhakams".

Because all are "muttall kazhakams".
When I was growing up my relatives and other Brahmin friends used to scornfully belittle thi.mu.ka as "thiruttu-muttaaL-kazagam". I used to believe that. I used to think all of DMK is a bunch of good-for-nothing ruffians. But, after getting to know what they fought for, I now realize what a terrible thing to say such things as that.

Cheers!

Tamiz pandit MK Iyer

Dear Raju:

It's a common knowledge in Tamil literary & cinema circles... Google or binge it, you will know of Kalaigner Mu Ka's contributions!
By common knowledge ----Abdul Kalam is a Great Scientist and MK Iyer is a tamil literary whiz!!!! But Kalam Scientific Contributions are not known by Google Search. The Great MK Iyer's contributions traveled all the places in all the transport corporation buses!

MK Iyer creates literature just the way the movie moguls of Chennai make movies. He will be surrounded by many in many levels and many state and it will be decided in advance that what comes out will be credited to MK Iyer who will be footing the hotel bill.

It is unfortunate that most of the IT knowledged TBs are those who have abandoned Tamil as Language in their School. For them the sarcastic Vivek and Vadivelu comedies are immortal work of literature! They will not know that he just approves the writing of one of his many ghost writers even for Murasoli! Vazgha Sentahmizh!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back