• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Brahminical Life a laughing stock in TV

Status
Not open for further replies.
srkpriv said:
Sadhak>> "In places like Andhra the worst sins were committed by the reddys, in karnataka it is the same story. You don't find them feel so guilty, do you?"

>>Very simple, somebody is doing something bad? so does it make it okay? it >>certainly doesn't. The line of logic about brainwashing is not even close!.

Please try to read what has been said. Nobody is that stupid to say discrimination was good or that brahmins did not do any wrong. But don't develop a permanently inferior mindset based on never ending guilt thrust on you by the dravidian parties and their media.

>>GEt out of brahmin mindset. work among people, be the first to rehabilitate >> the oppressed.

You are living in fools paradise if you think you can help others when you cannot even stand up for your own rights! And don't wail about being only 3-4% of the population. Look at the sikhs who are less than 2% and try to learn how to stand up against discriminatory policies.

Sadhak

Sadhak said>> "Please try to read what has been said. Nobody is that stupid to say discrimination was good or that brahmins did not do any wrong. But don't develop a permanently inferior mindset based on never ending guilt thrust on you by the dravidian parties and their media. "

Where is the question of guilt here in the first place!. We are worrying about our survival on how to survive be successful. Someone said most of the brahmins went to foreign and we survive there, we went to foreign because there were many educated people in early days, now it is not gonna be the case, your education is closed anyway, and countries are not welcoming brahmin, they are welcome educated people to offset their lacking skillsets. Brahmisn are gonna lose very soon on a fuller level.

Sadhak>> "You are living in fools paradise if you think you can help others when you cannot even stand up for your own rights! And don't wail about being only 3-4% of the population. Look at the sikhs who are less than 2% and try to learn how to stand up against discriminatory policies."

We didn't stand up true!, we can if we want to. All we have to do is plan, strategize and execute. FYI, sikhism is a seperate religion, they may be 2%, but they are into business on one hand, or wont bother driving taxi on the other hand. They adapt, brahmins dont. They live in the PAST!. That's why we get out of brahmin mindset, start looking ourselves in a modern, doesn't mean we leave everything we do, we REFINE! ourselves. Otherwise, we will be extinct in next 25 years or so (may be sooner). On top of it, hinduism is gonna lose because of our policies too! which we shouldered for so long!.

Sadhak[/quote]

Brahminical life is not a laughing stock actually, there is really another thought actually that the non-brahmins try to ridicule brahminical way of life just to assuade their fragile ego!. Generally brahminical way of life is considered good, if not the best, obviously as with every society not all practices can be attributed as good or great. In the last 1000s of year to be honest we brahmins picked up a whole lot of practices that are just obsolete or just downright useless for sure. Think about putting 9 (or 8?) namams (vibuthi) in the body and explain it as to this is why we are doing it? It is okay you might have attributed a meaning to something, but is it practical, has anybody thought about it!. There are so many silly things like this. Anyway, just a thought!.

hello srkrpiv.
I have a simple question R we(my generation) responsible for what our forefathers DID.What they did is absolutely wrong but how can they Victimise US thats my Question.

Cheenus, thats exactly what I am asking too!. But then who is going to care? Nobody, we dont have a voice, we are not united, we dont have high numbers to influence political decisions, and the rest, conveniently say they are moving out of TN looking for better opportunities, as if they can get inside in the future, as the doors are fast being closed!. When they talked about social justice it is not supposed to be reciprocated, but now, they dont want to stop, because they have a upper hand at this point and they want to continue to take revenge out of it, now I think, man you are not particularly concerned about social justice, you just want to exploit the situation to your benefit. Which is what our ancestors did and that you protested!. The problem is all the doors are closed more and more, hindus are coverting to christianity, islam, buddhism, and jainins etc. from all cates including brahmins, the remining non-brahmins are anyhow having upper hand due to reservation. The last of the brahmisn that are gonna be there will be totally isolated, branded as evil and a gluttony of remaining social ill and we will see ourselves systemtically pushed to the edges (fringes) of society doing menial jobs, begging and lost all opportunity whatsoever in educating ourselves are becoming successful ever again!.

dear srkpriv please dont loose any hope all is not lost,
still we can regroup and move on.Every small step in those direction from every one of us would make the difference.
I am already doing it and will continue do it.
cheers

There is saying Cheenus, "Poeple fear the most and hope for the best" and it is very true! I am sure we will find a way soon. You can also read my other posts regarding 'What choice brahmins have etc.."

Thanks for your support though!.

As a golden rule the brahmin community itself should start respecting the brahminical way of life in some way. We should pay respect to a brahmin rich or poor , priest or professor . I have seen people who will spend lot of money partying but will crib when it comes to paying a cook or a vadhyar, we should do lot of sacrifices and try to help each other in whatever way

To all brahmins , please spread thsi message. Please note that in atleast 15 constituencies in Tamilnadu we have enough votes to swing the electorial fortunes if not win . So dont consider ourselves as very weak. Please make sure you vote and also to the party which Thambraas says it should. The problem with brahmins is most successful ones are outside Tamilnadu where the situation is not as grave as in TN and so they dont care , Most brahmins in TN today are parents living with thier sons/daughters in the USA , so they also dont really care . What is important to note is every small deed counts , every small action towards our welfare counts. Please spread the message across

If we can get a list of successful brahmins and then start a technical or management institute even outside of tamilnadu it will be good

Dear Subalaji,

Wow! I didn't know that there are that many Brahmins in TN. I am guessing that you are using some figures to make this assessment. Am I right?

subalaji said:
To all brahmins , please spread thsi message. Please note that in atleast 15 constituencies in Tamilnadu we have enough votes to swing the electorial fortunes if not win . So dont consider ourselves as very weak. Please make sure you vote and also to the party which Thambraas says it should. The problem with brahmins is most successful ones are outside Tamilnadu where the situation is not as grave as in TN and so they dont care , Most brahmins in TN today are parents living with thier sons/daughters in the USA , so they also dont really care . What is important to note is every small deed counts , every small action towards our welfare counts. Please spread the message across

Dear Subalaji:
I wouldn't say that Brahmins living overseas don't care. It is such that they may have to make a trip just to vote. I am ignorant of the Indian voting system. Do you have something called "absentee ballot" where people can vote thru mail? If that is the case, then the Brahmins who have moved to the US to live with their children can still vote thru mail, provided they didn't become US citizens!!
Many of us have become US citizens and, therefore, cannot vote in Indian elections. Even the current so-called Dual Citizenship (it is now called Overseas Indians Citizenship) doesn't allow us to vote or to hold public offices. What sort of dual citizenship is that?

subalaji said:

Brahminical life a laghing stock in TV

Dears,

If a society can laugh at itself and does not get offended when others are making jokes of it, it is the symbol of high maturity level!

Take the case of Sikhs- Sardarji jokes are popular all over the world- Many of my sardar friends crack these jokes in parties! The popular octogenarian Sardar Khushwant Singh made it a point to popularise these jokes through his columns! Without any exception, the underlying assumption in these jokes is that sardars are fools! But all of us narrate these jokes and hear and enjoy them too! Rarely any Sardars complains!

So, if we can also enjoy Brahmin jokes - we are a mature society! We should not be so sensitive about such things! After all jokes are non-serious and are lighter vein!

Only serious depictions we should condemn!

Hence, Cheer up!

Shankar

lord vishnu

If lord Vishnu did not respect women he would not have his wife in his heart!!! all our gods are ALWAYS accompanied by their wifes emphasizing on the fact that a wife is important. Also remember story of Ramayana where Rama fought the war for Sita his wife also remember he could not perform yagna without his wife! Women are generally relieved of certain duties BECAUSE they are responsible for much higher responsibilities like taking care of home ...building a family... and care for her husband and child! A women should be treated with utmost care but in present generations some foolish people have forgotten the importance of a woman and deliberately twisted reality for their selfish needs. The height of kali kalam is so extreme that women are illtreated by their inlaws and sometimes even husband. Why does a Mother-in law or FIL illtreat...because she/he is selfish and obcessively possessive and she/he can't bear that her/his daughter -in -law is now of 'prime importance' for her/his son. This possessiveness pushes them to redicule their DIL. If every human practised detachment, bhakti, meditated, did yoga and controlled their negative emotions and did their duties we would have a better life. The duties also refer to humanity, removing hurtful practises and promote true hindu bhakti that causes positive change in life for true liberation.
Jai Santanadharma!

There is no point in venting out your anger guys. India is a place which considers things based on the people majority irrespective of weather it leads to a good or bad outcomes. So if a witty and mentally shrewd individual is among 9 dumb and dull headed a***les, then he would considered as an a***le. We are absolute minority and all we can do is only shout at those deaf ears of those who are incorrigable. I would rather suggest all budding generations of our community to study well and move out of the country. It is always good to be in a place where you get the respect you deserve. No point in cheating ourselves by saying we would change India by being super patriotic. Nothing is gonnna happen if you are gonna be like that. I remember the words of Mr.Azim Premji, CEO of Wipro in a commencement cermony when I was at IIT-Madras " The challenges that present generation face are those left by previous generation" which is hundred percent true. But unfortunately we are also left with people who rule our country in this 21st century with 20th century mindset. It is not gonna be easy to get the life we think off in this place.
Dudes and Dudettes, Just pack your bags and move out of this place.

There have been several discussions in this forum about the issue of whether Brahmins should stay in TN or not. Several members have expressed that a practical way of doing something about the situation is to help the economically disadvantaged members in the community to improve their lot in life.

Some members have also articulated that running away is not a good solution. We have to see what we can do about the situation.

Gentleman said:
There is no point in venting out your anger guys. India is a place which considers things based on the people majority irrespective of weather it leads to a good or bad outcomes. So if a witty and mentally shrewd individual is among 9 dumb and dull headed a***les, then he would considered as an a***le. We are absolute minority and all we can do is only shout at those deaf ears of those who are incorrigable. I would rather suggest all budding generations of our community to study well and move out of the country. It is always good to be in a place where you get the respect you deserve. No point in cheating ourselves by saying we would change India by being super patriotic. Nothing is gonnna happen if you are gonna be like that. I remember the words of Mr.Azim Premji, CEO of Wipro in a commencement cermony when I was at IIT-Madras " The challenges that present generation face are those left by previous generation" which is hundred percent true. But unfortunately we are also left with people who rule our country in this 21st century with 20th century mindset. It is not gonna be easy to get the life we think off in this place.
Dudes and Dudettes, Just pack your bags and move out of this place.

what a negative way of thinking?

why should bhramins go away from tamilnadu?They were born in this land along with rest of indians.This is their own mother land.

The thing that should go away from tamilnadu is casteism and superstitions.Not any particular caste.Bhramins should act as a constructive force of social change in their homeland.

Dear Goundamani:

Well spoken; kudos to you!

I finally saw a movie with Goundamani in it. He IS a funny comedian!!

Dear silver fox

People are born to win.Not to lose.Nobody needs to lose hope.

Goundamani indeed is a great comedian:first: .I like him soooooo much:thumb:

well, I dont see any reason why people do not accept the reality. There is lot of difference between being pragmatic and being negative in thinking. People should try to understand the truth. Tamilnadu is not the only place where Brahmins should live. I understand that we do have the roots back home spanning few hundreds of years but what is more important in the present world is adaptability. If we do not have in it then it is gonna make the life difficult. I would like to bring a famous quote at this juncture
" Yadhum Ure, Yavarum Kaleir" which clearly signifies the adaptability whereever one head towards. It is hard to digest the fact that we tamilians (esp. brahmins) lack this quality and we expect the world to be according to our way of thinking as if it belongs to us. I know there is lot of undercurrent going on back home supressing our community but what is required at this point of time is a rational thinking rather than having a dogmatic principles. I guess few of us got more inspired by seeing tamil movies which glorifies the larger-than-life characters of protogonist inflicting changes in the society but the fact is the chances are slim to none.
- Gentleman.

goundamani said:
what a negative way of thinking?

why should bhramins go away from tamilnadu?They were born in this land along with rest of indians.This is their own mother land.

The thing that should go away from tamilnadu is casteism and superstitions.Not any particular caste.Bhramins should act as a constructive force of social change in their homeland.

i m karthika

i m searching fr an good ethically designed intellectual group of people

i go that here

i think there are suffering for only those (brahmins) who dont follow basic
ethics ....humanity...care.. love...respecting others...doing work sincerely...

the rest all in one way or other bleesed by god!! somehow !! somemeans!!

Dear Karthika:
I am sorry to tell you that I just couldn't understand what you have just posted. And, English is my first language!!
Perhaps you might want to re-read and correct spellings, syntex, grammer, etc., before posting.

karthika said:
i m karthika

i m searching fr an good ethically designed intellectual group of people

i go that here

i think there are suffering for only those (brahmins) who dont follow basic
ethics ....humanity...care.. love...respecting others...doing work sincerely...

the rest all in one way or other bleesed by god!! somehow !! somemeans!!

"Simple living, High thinking" This is the success of every Brahmin. The reason of various problems that we face today is that we forgot our traditions, changed our life styles etc. The parents are least bothered to teach their childern about our culture. Upanayanams have became a stage to show the wealth of the parents. This should change. After the upanayanam a few are doing the Sandya Vandanams. I got a teriffic experience in which one of my relative even dont have the " Poonol" at the time of death of his mother. He even dont know how to do " Achamanam". I am new to this forum But I seen members are unnecessarily abusing each other. This type of discussion should end. rather we should think creatively. Unity is strength. In Kerala, the Tamil Brahmins are in a better position, thanks to the Kerala Brahmana Sabha and the " Sruthivani", a monthly publication of KBS, Trissur Unit. In Tamil Nadu also we should do similarly. The advise of Mr " Gentleman" to our new generation to study well is good. But to get out of the country is not good. Actually we need not get out of the country at a time when multinational companies are coming to India. Hence we need not bother about our future. Look at Israel. How many difficulties they faced ? The members of that community were scattered around the globe. Now they united in a country. Even though it is surrounded by muslim countries, non has the courage to attack it. In Tamil Nadu the Tamil brahmins are not in such a position to flee. The rich brother in our community should help the poor brothers. We should channelise the resources to do some creative work for eg. giving house to those who dont have, starting schools and colleges sot that the childern in our community can need not wait for those few open seats after reservation, start business in which preference should be given to our community etc.

yes, brahmins r degraded.

my blood boils at these.I am a new member and studying in a muslim college.I had been suffering from chronic depression due to this facts mentioned below.also all the non-brahmins believe in what is said in cinema about us.I had faced many embarassing questions on this topic.when all my friends (mostly muslims)went to film "new"(which shows maami in poor light),cutting the classes,i had to act like being sick,in order to avoid watching that anti-brahmin movie with them.what would others think about our women.why r we spineless.is it not better to fight rather than living at the feets of our offenders .will any other community accept their women being portrayed like this?why not file a case(there r many lawyers in our community)against such a film

ashgene said:
This is true especially when we see the Icon of 'Mammi' being used as a sex appetiser in cinemas and songs creating lusty feeling with Brahminism as a centre stage. We should be parashurams in these times. I saw one recent film song by Vijay it goes like ' Tayirsadam some vadumanga...' . We should vehemently stop watching these films. We should starts a film watch page where we can post on new films and TV shows that have degrading comments on Brahmins and as a unit we can stop watching these films and discourage other people from watching them too. May be we can put an advertisement too in papers abt this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back