• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Brahmin Marriages - Assertiveness/Aggressiveness of Girls - History and introspection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every brahmin boy is finding it difficult and time consuming to find a suitable match.
Every brahmin girl is also finding it difficult to find a suitable match.

Suitable is the key word. When a suitable match is required effort has to be put in to search and find the match. That is what is happening. There is no need to complain about this. It is not as if only boys are finding it difficult. Girls' marriage also takes time these days.

Our immediate circle is a very small sample size to analyze and reach conclusions.

Cheers.

ten days...
200 posts...
2800+ views...
but only 14 votes!!!
Yes we talk more than we act! :blabla:

not true i think visa.

just because there is a vote, that is not obligatory for us to cast it. i find the title vague and i do not wish to vote for something that i am unsure.

i congratulate those people who voted, because it was worth their while. if anyone thinks that this is only a small number, it may be a reflection of the level of interest in that activity. it does not make non participation wrong. or participation right.

such is life!!

Every brahmin boy is finding it difficult and time consuming to find a suitable match.
Every brahmin girl is also finding it difficult to find a suitable match.

Suitable is the key word. When a suitable match is required effort has to be put in to search and find the match. That is what is happening. There is no need to complain about this. It is not as if only boys are finding it difficult. Girls' marriage also takes time these days.

Our immediate circle is a very small sample size to analyze and reach conclusions.

Cheers.

raju,

you excel yourself these days sir. where were you, when i was carrying the flag, and felt seemingly all alone. a couple of years back

:) :)

may your tribe increase exponentially :)

''..............RL]http://www.tamilbrahmins.com/chit-chat/11089-rs-1-crore-stolen-executives-bank-account-warning-members.html[/URL]

It is clear that my perception of what is helpful to other members is wrong.

Thank You.

come on SS,

are you going to let ONE member dictate your behaviour? why give him so much importance? stand up and argue it out.

i just read naina's posts in the other forum. answer him, and convince him. isnt that where you excel? your arguements and presentations?

:)

if and when, you leave the forum, let it be on your own terms. ok?

come on SS,

are you going to let ONE member dictate your behaviour? why give him so much importance? stand up and argue it out.

i just read naina's posts in the other forum. answer him, and convince him. isnt that where you excel? your arguements and presentations?

:)

if and when, you leave the forum, let it be on your own terms. ok?

I agree with Mr. K.
sharmahji, come on this is a public forum, and we all argue our points. Give them as good as you get, and not sulk about it.

I agree with Mr. K.
sharmahji, come on this is a public forum, and we all argue our points. Give them as good as you get, and not sulk about it.

sulk is a great word in anyone's vocabulary. i have forgotten about it. should start using it again :)

Kunjuppu and Prasad1,

That particular thread was started to let the members some idea of improving the security in their on line transactions. It is usual in internet forums to post such warnings as if everyone is an amateur.

That is what is being objected to and not the substance.

Since my post here that particular post attacking me has received many likes from Veterans and Senior members. I am sure there will be a swell of likes for that post. Many Veterans and senior members may be happy that I have been so to say "Ticked Off."

The only problem is that NONE of these members may have started any thread for providing guidance to any members.

I could have deleted my post. But that would nullify the very idea of my starting the thread.

I am not leaving. I am only limiting my involvement in this forum.

There are many people who do read my threads which I had started to help members and other readers. I will continue to help out these people.

BTW in Personal Attacks of this kind in any forum, no one defends you. It is also not expected. I can reply to points not personal attacks. If I do that I will be coming down to the level of the attackers.

Frankly I am a religious preacher. A Hindu Saktha Evangelist. And a Computer Geek. So many posts are like lectures. I do lecture on other subjects also.

This is my full time job for the last 15 years.

Some people do derive some vicarious pleasure in such Personal Insults. They even gloat about "How they ticked off a particular person."

So let them have the pleasure of ticking me off.

I am not naïve/foolish enough to think that my absence would make a lot of difference in this forum. It would not. Neither am I going to be flooded with requests to continue. That is Life.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kunjuppu and Prasad1,

That particular thread was started to let the members some idea of improving the security in their on line transactions. It is usual in internet forums to post such warnings as if everyone is an amateur.

That is what is being objected to and not the substance.

Since my post here that particular post attacking me has received many likes from Veterans and Senior members. I am sure there will be a swell of likes for that post. Many Veterans and senior members may be happy that I have been so to say "Ticked Off."

The only problem is that NONE of these members may have started any thread for providing guidance to any members.

I could have deleted my post. But that would nullify the very idea of my starting the thread.

I am not leaving. I am only limiting my involvement in this forum.

There are many people who do read my threads which I had started to help members and other readers. I will continue to help out these people.

BTW in Personal Attacks of this kind in any forum, no one defends you. It is also not expected. I can reply to points not personal attacks. If I do that I will be coming down to the level of the attackers.

Frankly I am a religious preacher. A Hindu Saktha Evangelist. And a Computer Geek. So many posts are like lectures. I do lecture on other subjects also.

This is my full time job for the last 15 years.

Some people do derive some vicarious pleasure in such Personal Insults. They even gloat about "How they ticked off a particular person."

So let them have the pleasure of ticking me off.

I am not naïve/foolish enough to think that my absence would make a lot of difference in this forum. It would not. Neither am I going to be flooded with requests to continue. That is Life.

Dear Shri SS,

I understand well why you have been piqued. Although you may be of my age or even younger to me, I can judge that you will be mature enough to realize that this is a cross section of the real society with a preponderance of tabras. Here we have all types of people. There are ultra conservatives, but the same people take a "post-modern" view in regard to some issues, some are possibly here to create some problem if feasible, some reveal their jollu party nature perhaps unconsciously and so on. We have to take the path which suits us the best, imho.

T think Shri. naina_marbus can be replied by way of a pm from you giving the bank's name and with a rider that you will not be responsible for any consequences if he boldly reveals the bank's name in the open forum and the bank sues him for damages. That might have opened Shri naina's eyes unless he has attacked you due to some personal animosity towards you. Hope you will consider my suggestion.

Dear Shri SS,

I understand well why you have been piqued. Although you may be of my age or even younger to me, I can judge that you will be mature enough to realize that this is a cross section of the real society with a preponderance of tabras. Here we have all types of people. There are ultra conservatives, but the same people take a "post-modern" view in regard to some issues, some are possibly here to create some problem if feasible, some reveal their jollu party nature perhaps unconsciously and so on. We have to take the path which suits us the best, imho.

T think Shri. naina_marbus can be replied by way of a pm from you giving the bank's name and with a rider that you will not be responsible for any consequences if he boldly reveals the bank's name in the open forum and the bank sues him for damages. That might have opened Shri naina's eyes unless he has attacked you due to some personal animosity towards you. Hope you will consider my suggestion.

Sangom,
You do not seem to have got my message.

I give below the portion which is clearly intended as a personal insult.

I am surprised but not shocked that many members like this.

naina_marbus said:
The name of the bank does matter, since the public then has the opportunity to know which bank is adopting efficient procedures and which are adopting sloppy procedures.

To quote your own signature tune “யான்பெற்றஇன்பம்பெறுகஇவ்வையகம்”,if you really want இவ்வையகம் to benefit from your (யான்பெற்றஇன்பம்)experience, then instead of posturing that “The name of the bank does not matter”, “Theabove fraud could not have taken place with my Bank”, etc etc it would indeed be beneficial to share the name of the bank whose superior services are so loudly applauded by you.

Kindly avoid posturing as if you are the high priest pontificating to an ignorant laity.

Sangom,
You do not seem to have got my message.

I give below the portion which is clearly intended as a personal insult.

I am surprised but not shocked that many members like this.

Sharmah ji,

I agree. Why not report the post and take the suggestion from me; let us see if naina_marbus will reveal the bank's name here!

Sangom,

It is not the question of the Bank's name at all. I have accounts in five different banks. Each one has a set procedure. I go to one bank for different types od transactions. For on line transfers I prefer one particular bank. I posted that procedure.

Most people might know the Log On and password and other procedures.

But only most people. Not All people. I write for All people who read my threads.

The question is one of exercising caution while choosing a bank for on line transfers.

Which bank one chooses depends on one's requirement and other factors.

These are the points which were discussed in the thread.

But what was attacked was my style of posting, my so called posturing and my signature line. That attack was personal and had nothing to do with the subject under discussion.

I do think it is fair or just to expect the Victim to apologize and make up with the Perpetrator of a Crime, Though that may the prevailing trend now.

When one walks barefoot on a footpath there is always a likelihood of getting a Thorn in one's foot. He could wear a slipper to avoid getting the Thorn into his foot. But if he is very particular about walking Barefoot, he has to go down a path where there are no Thorns. I prefer a path without Thorns.

But people in this forum seem very happy about that post.

The subject is closed as far as I am concerned.

Thank You.

Dear SS,

I do not understand what made Subramanian or Naina_marbus (I read from the right to the left and I got this name) to write that post. It is a sudden outburst. As suggested by Sangom Sir you can correspond with him through pm route and sort out. Best wishes.

Cheers.

While i appreciate your effort to be objective in your details of meeting. I would suggest intospection on two or three things 1) In your first post you had listed your needs . There seems to be no thought of what you will give up. It seemed like purchase of a new car or other appliance. Specifications were only missing. 2)A marriage needs more working on than just matchinng needs and wants. It needs near about blind faith . 3) Comments to be avoided on any persons matter of eating etc. ( Has specific reference to feeding bottle comment)
I do wish you luck in your endeavor.

Dear SS,

I do not understand what made Subramanian or Naina_marbus (I read from the right to the left and I got this name) to write that post. It is a sudden outburst. As suggested by Sangom Sir you can correspond with him through pm route and sort out. Best wishes.

Cheers.

That was very clever of deciphering the name!!!!, your message is to the point.

I too have a distractor attached to my post, he too follows me closely mocking me, but that is the life LOL.

Last edited:
So What is the next step now that I refuse to fall at the feet of naina_marbus as per the recoomendations of S.Raju, Prasad1, Sangom, Kunjuppu. Of course the remarks of naina_marbus is endorsed by Sri.TKS, Sri. PJ and Zebra 16.

Did I leave any one out?

Now I know exactly where I stand.

GOOD BYE.

May be you could BAN me for this post.

One more attachment cut cleanly.

Jai MAA !!!

So What is the next step now that I refuse to fall at the feet of naina_marbus as per the recoomendations of S.Raju, Prasad1, Sangom, Kunjuppu. Of course the remarks of naina_marbus is endorsed by Sri.TKS, Sri. PJ and Zebra 16.

Did I leave any one out?

Now I know exactly where I stand.

GOOD BYE.

May be you could BAN me for this post.

sankara_sharmah Sir

Do not take it that marking naina_marbus post as like is against you.
You are also doing a service, he has also a point.

Nothing against your post.
Continue your service for the good of all members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back