• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

bhramachriyam Vs Komanam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just chipping in with one more:

Will they avoid going abroad, as it is forbidden for any true brahmin to cross the seas?
(I do not really know the rationale or logic behind this and have not heard any texts or
scriptures supporting such ban)
In the olden days, there were many karmas or rituals for the brahmachari and grihastha - samhithadhanam for the b and agnihothram for the g... and combine this with thrikala sandhyavandhanam, pujas, recitation of vedas or other scriptures... and apart from this, possibly they could have entertained other means of livlihood...

All these would have to come to a standstill, if one were to go abroad on the seas... journey through seas was a very long ordeal... then agan, 'Niyema Nishtai' cannot always be preserved... and hence probably the idea of prohibiting overseas travel...

All these karmas apply now also, but we choose to override them for our convenience... that's about it...

I have personally seen many brahmins of today not only working in organisations owned by people who acquired wealth through foul means and following all unethical or even criminal practices, but also they being compelled to do some unethical acts themselves. In such a scenario, wearing kaupinam alone does not offer any solace or mental comfort. What do you say?

My conviction is don’t go by outward symbols or items related to covering human body alone, so as to call oneself a brahmin. If someone is still bent upon continuing such outdated practices, it will be nothing but mad, ridiculous and preposterous and will result in isolating oneself socially and communally. That’s all one can say.
You are very right in asking all of the questions, as in your post, but how can you unilaterally declare kaupinam as outdated? Just curious... in what way do you think that it is outdated? Could you please elaborate this with credible logic so that all your other queries are justified?

Regards,

I fully support the view that loose undergarments are the best. That need not be kaupinam alone.

I know many males of the present generation and the previous one, how they felt felt awkward and humiliated, when suddenly their friends came to know of such male youths wearing kaupinam. This is especially true until one reaches the age of 50 years. Afterwards, no one really cares.

I do not agree that merely adducing some reason behind anything can justify it. Moreover, here the fact of one's wearing kaupinam cannot be made public, for the fear of rebuke it may bring to the wearer.

Modesty need not be proved by dressing niggardly. Why do we frown upon those wear just minimum dress in public places? Because, it is not in tune with the public decency and decorum and also not in tune with the rest of the population. No one prefers to himself being called odd or even eccentric, that too in derogatory sense.

We may even suggest that in very old days, adult females didn't wear blouse at all and so the present day's women should follow their ancestors in this regard. Will it sound sensible and find any takers? Only the person making such suggestion will be branded a 'psycho' or a 'voyeur'.

Remember what the advertisement of 'Jockey' brand says - "The next best thing to being naked".

Last edited:
I do not agree that mere reason behind anything can simply justify it.
wha...?!!!! :bowl:

Moreover, here
the fact of one's wearing kaupinam cannot be made public, for the fear of rebuke it may bring to the wearer.
But that does not make the practice, ipso facto, outdated or unwarramted...

Again, fashion/style is subject to time... if you could trace the style of trousers from back in the 80's to now, there has been very many changes...

The appropriate advice here would be to ask one to be satisfied/content with one's practice if it suits the occasion... that is all - we dont have to compare jockey and kaupinam and feel embarassed about it... at least I dont feel embarassed about these things... and I have not touched 50 yet! :heh:

Remember what the advertisement of 'Jockey' brand says - "The next best thing to being naked".
Jockey may be the next best thing to being naked, but certainly the last thing to being healthiest...

We may even suggest that in very old days, adult females didn't wear blouse at all and so the present day's women should follow their ancestors in this regard. Will it sound sensible and find any takers? Only the person making such suggestion will be branded a 'psycho' or a 'voyeur'.
Now now... let us please not extrapolate... we are talking about kaupinam here; each practice has to be looked at separately... we cannot extend the logic of kaupinam to blouse... they are not similar - both the reason and the object sought to be covered...

Also I dont mean to say that one should act like a sadhu if he wears kaupinam... am just saying that it is a healthy practice and need not be frowned upon...

Hello,
I am new here.
I was just exploring various old threads and stumbled on here.
I'm fascinated to see how a narrow strip of cloth can be the subject of such in-depth analysis and discussion.

My random thoughts:
The Komanam was a garment in fashion at that time.
I don't like to think of it as a "religious" garment, or part of a standard "Brahmin uniform"
Fashion changes over time.
Today we wear briefs (VIP, Tantex or whatever)
I personally believe it covers better and is also functionally better and if you choose your size well, it is also comfortable.
The slit in front to enable our appendage to peep out momentarily for vital (and sometimes urgent and pressing) excretory function is an ingenious innovation that became necesary due to the trousers we also wear.
The Komanam lacks this innovation.
May be if the Fashion gurus are reading this they may come out with a new Vedic Komanam that addresses this deficiency and get a well endowed male hunk with a beard and long matted locks of hair to model it in a suitable yogic pose at the next Fashion event.
These will obviously sell for a fancy price.
I doubt if our scriptures have any specifications or injunctions on this garment.
I won't wear a Komanam but never felt someone who chooses this is "odd".
To each, his own.
Another thought in passing:
We males have no inhibitions on discussing this.
I doubt if the opposite sex will ever discuss bras in a public forum like this.
Regards
G Vishwanath

I'm visiting this thread after a long time and good to see lot of people putting their opinions at front.

My two cents again and regular wearer of this habit,

It is one's individual comfort and usage to use komanam in the modern era. yes there are cetrain difficulties using it over pant, but how you could use it for natures call and in office is something leavt it individuals.
In Japan, Fundoshi (Komanam) is getting famous again and modern way of popularize this undergarment is underway in many malls. People are prefer over the modern ones. In India, We don't get into that culture. Sometime time , when i last visited Trippur Crystal Showroom, I could see modern komanan (A elastic Waistband and banyian cloth komanam attached to it). I could see people buying it there but i could not find same available other outlets.

We can distinguish people who prefer to use this habit and want to use this habit

Response to Some observations on Komanam

I want to reply to Mr Pannvalan’s comments because it seems he is overstating his case and actually declaring Komanam a primitive and unsuitable item for wear.

I am quoting Mr Pannvalan’s post below and my replies are given in blue colour below the points and questions he raised in the post.

[Quote The reasons for wearing kaupinam in olden days must have been due to –

1. There were no sewing machines (not to talk of modern weaving wills), which came into
being only after the industrialisation that saw things of mass production, for the first time
in the world history.

2. Cloth that requires minimum cutting and stitching with human hands was used to cover
human body, prior to industrialisation.

3. Thus there was no second choice at all, in those days.

My answer to the above 3 points is that it is not a question of sewing machines (did people not have thread and needles and have people not used for a very long time kurtas, pyjamas, blouse etc made by hand stitching?).

So it is wrong to say that there was no choice. If people wanted they could have gone for hand stitched under garments. But they did not because Komanam is not only simple and easy to put in to use (instant availability with no stitching required) but it is most comfortable and the most scientific inner wear (I will explain why at the end).

i wish to ask our friends who wear ‘kaupinam’ or defend wearing it the following questions.

In the name of keeping our traditions and safeguarding our identity -

Ø Do they want us to go back to the ‘kaupinam age’ too?

I don’t know what is meant by the Kaupinam age (is it the opposite of "jockey" age!). May be it is suggested that it is a primitive age and culture and that Komanam is connected with such an age. I am not sure how right Mr Pannvalan is in attributing such judgements to Komanam and it s wearers.

Ø Why stopped with ‘kaupinam’ alone? One could have added ‘Veshti-Panchakaccham,’
‘Angavasthram’, ‘Kudumi’ etc.

I don’t know what to say to this because the argument is being un necessarily extended to Kudumi etc. This shows a tendency to bracket such things together and is nothing but a mind set. There is actually no need to get carried away like this when discussing the simple komanam

Yes Komanam is often associated with kudumi and pancha kachcham but I know many with kudumi and panchakachcham who wear only jockey etc. Similarly I know many Komanam wearers who do not have kudumi etc and who dress in veshti or pants

My point is that these things are individual choice and need not go together. People are free to have any combination of komanam kudumi jockey or pancha kachcham or even suit and tie as they prefer. Why group komanam with only kudumi etc?

Ø Will they shun wearing modern dresses like pants/suit, coat, tie etc?

I want to assure Mr Pannvalan that Komanam wearers need not be considered Neanderthal men. They also use tooth brush, watch TV, read English or other newspapers and also wear pants. What is the point of the question any way? Does Mr Pannvalan expect or insist that Komanam wearers should shun pants etc. I wear both pants and veshti with my Komanam and many others do that. Just preferring Komanam does not mean one has to have kudumi etc.

Why is fundoshi so popular in Japan and has made a great comeback with both men and women. It is a Samurai or even medieval item The Japanese are a modern people bu they don’t ridicule the findoshi. And the Japanese wear it with their suits also!

I should also remind you that modern Thongs, Bikinis and Gstrings are nothing but Komanam. I am sure you will find nothing wrong in them or with people in Gstring bikinis being seen in public. If so why object to a practical and decent inner garment like the komanam?

Ø Will they be prepared to live in old, small and tiled houses in this 21st century?

Come on sir, you know very well that many people live in such old houses and they can be either jockey or komanam wearers. It is a matter of economics . Do you really mean to say that only jockey wearers should live in modern houses.

Ø Will they avoid modern electronic gadgets and stick only to communication through
personal messengers (which always results in filters and distortion)?
Are you suggesting that just because I prefer Komanam I should not use an electric shaver etc? I am really at a loss to understand your points.

You don’t have to connect the habit with only khadi and charka. We are not claiming any miraculous powers for this humble and effective under garment
Ø Will they avoid travel by motor vehicles or even air?

Ø Will they avoid going abroad, as it is forbidden for any true brahmin to cross the seas?
(I do not really know the rationale or logic behind this and have not heard any texts or

Ø
Similarly for food, will they avoid eating all food that is considered alien to our culture
and traditions?

Does this mean that those wearing a suit or even pants or jeans should not eat idli or chapathi and should only eat “alien” food?! Why should a man with Komanam be expected to be fitting a certain pattern that you assume.

I have personally seen many brahmins of today not only working in organisations owned by people who acquired wealth through foul means and following all unethical or even criminal practices, but also they being compelled to do some unethical acts themselves. In such a scenario, wearing kaupinam alone does not offer any solace or mental comfort. What do you say?

Both people with Komanam or with jockey, whether Brahmin or not, work for such individuals. Did any one suggest in this site that either wearing komanam in such situations offers solace or that Komanam makes a saint out of one? And do people using jockey derive “mental solace” in such situations? And do people using jockey not work for such individuals?

My conviction is don’t go by outward symbols or items related to covering human body alone, so as to call oneself a brahmin. If someone is still bent upon continuing such outdated practices, it will be nothing but mad, ridiculous and preposterous and will result in isolating oneself socially and communally. That’s all one can say.

Nothing can be more “preposterous” than the above comment and it does not deserve a reply. Who is to say what is outdated or mad and ridiculous? And who is saying that a good Brahmin is only one who wears Komanam? We do not claim Komanam makes a better or worse person or Brahmin (or any other community) out of any body.

It is my sincere wish such impractical and unworkable ideas not be promoted in this forum of the educated and intellectuals, at least henceforth. ]Unquote

Why do you consider Komanam impractical and unworkable. Until 100 years back 99 % of Indian men had only Komanam and found it very practical. It is still very practical and workable. It is not only a very comfortable and agreeable inner wear but it is also scientific in its design.

1.It is suspended by the waist string. This secures the Komanam firmly and it is further secured or reinforced by the cloth’s tension and weight of the body.
2.You can adjust the fit yourself. It need not be loose or tight but can be fitted exactly as you want.
3.The suspension from the string which is separate gives support that is better than the underwear which is one piece only (usually with elastic which can get loose after some time).
4.The penis is centred correctly and will not deviate left or roght (which is the universal case with under wear).
5.The testicles are so well supported ina gentle but firm grip and will not shake (try running with Komanam under your shorts and you will understand this). So no hydrocele. 6.Better self control than jockey (has to be tried to realize this.
7.And better performance because of better control (again only experience will prove this)

Moreover great comfort (to such an extent that it becomes part of you and you can not be without it). Mr Vishwanath says passing urine is difficult because no slits like jockey. True but ask any Komanam wearer and he does not find it a problem (we like to untie, wash and retie but you can not wash even with a jockey with slits!). By the same token wearing a suit is also less comfortable than wearing shorts or lungi etc but that does not mean people don’t use suits.

Finally it is individual choice if one uses Jockey or komanam or nothing underneath. We don’t insist that all should wear Komanam. Not at all. It is each person’s choice. But we strongly recommend those interested to try it and can assure that you will soon prefer it and will not go back to jockey (it also ahs nothing to do with religion or tradition but is a question of self fitting, comfort and health benefits).

Above all I request our friends not to be so aggressive in calling it outdated or impractical etc. There is really no need. It is after all a piece of old cloth and a matter of choice.

Dear Mr. Viswanath,

I have seen your comments and do not fully agree with your views. If you do not intend to wear komanam and feel comfortable with modern undergarments, you can go ahead. But I personally feel komanam is a more comfortable undergarment which as a Brahmin one should wear. I am also wearing komanam for the last 3 years and of course I do have a liking towards it.

Many of the members in the forum have consented the views of wearing komanam even 24 x 7 and have explained the advantages of it.

If you do not want to wear komanam , it is upto you. But never give negative views about komanam.

Regards,
Ramachandra17

I want to reply to Mr Pannvalan’s comments because it seems he is overstating his case and actually declaring Komanam a primitive and unsuitable item for wear.

I am quoting Mr Pannvalan’s post below and my replies are given in blue colour below the points and questions he raised in the post.

[Quote The reasons for wearing kaupinam in olden days must have been due to –

1. There were no sewing machines (not to talk of modern weaving wills), which came into
being only after the industrialisation that saw things of mass production, for the first time
in the world history.

2. Cloth that requires minimum cutting and stitching with human hands was used to cover
human body, prior to industrialisation.

3. Thus there was no second choice at all, in those days.

My answer to the above 3 points is that it is not a question of sewing machines (did people not have thread and needles and have people not used for a very long time kurtas, pyjamas, blouse etc made by hand stitching?).

So it is wrong to say that there was no choice. If people wanted they could have gone for hand stitched under garments. But they did not because Komanam is not only simple and easy to put in to use (instant availability with no stitching required) but it is most comfortable and the most scientific inner wear (I will explain why at the end).

i wish to ask our friends who wear ‘kaupinam’ or defend wearing it the following questions.

In the name of keeping our traditions and safeguarding our identity -

Ø Do they want us to go back to the ‘kaupinam age’ too?

I don’t know what is meant by the Kaupinam age (is it the opposite of "jockey" age!). May be it is suggested that it is a primitive age and culture and that Komanam is connected with such an age. I am not sure how right Mr Pannvalan is in attributing such judgements to Komanam and it s wearers.

Ø Why stopped with ‘kaupinam’ alone? One could have added ‘Veshti-Panchakaccham,’
‘Angavasthram’, ‘Kudumi’ etc.

I don’t know what to say to this because the argument is being un necessarily extended to Kudumi etc. This shows a tendency to bracket such things together and is nothing but a mind set. There is actually no need to get carried away like this when discussing the simple komanam

Yes Komanam is often associated with kudumi and pancha kachcham but I know many with kudumi and panchakachcham who wear only jockey etc. Similarly I know many Komanam wearers who do not have kudumi etc and who dress in veshti or pants

My point is that these things are individual choice and need not go together. People are free to have any combination of komanam kudumi jockey or pancha kachcham or even suit and tie as they prefer. Why group komanam with only kudumi etc?

Ø Will they shun wearing modern dresses like pants/suit, coat, tie etc?

I want to assure Mr Pannvalan that Komanam wearers need not be considered Neanderthal men. They also use tooth brush, watch TV, read English or other newspapers and also wear pants. What is the point of the question any way? Does Mr Pannvalan expect or insist that Komanam wearers should shun pants etc. I wear both pants and veshti with my Komanam and many others do that. Just preferring Komanam does not mean one has to have kudumi etc.

Why is fundoshi so popular in Japan and has made a great comeback with both men and women. It is a Samurai or even medieval item The Japanese are a modern people bu they don’t ridicule the findoshi. And the Japanese wear it with their suits also!

I should also remind you that modern Thongs, Bikinis and Gstrings are nothing but Komanam. I am sure you will find nothing wrong in them or with people in Gstring bikinis being seen in public. If so why object to a practical and decent inner garment like the komanam?

Ø Will they be prepared to live in old, small and tiled houses in this 21st century?

Come on sir, you know very well that many people live in such old houses and they can be either jockey or komanam wearers. It is a matter of economics . Do you really mean to say that only jockey wearers should live in modern houses.

Ø Will they avoid modern electronic gadgets and stick only to communication through
personal messengers (which always results in filters and distortion)?
Are you suggesting that just because I prefer Komanam I should not use an electric shaver etc? I am really at a loss to understand your points.

You don’t have to connect the habit with only khadi and charka. We are not claiming any miraculous powers for this humble and effective under garment
Ø Will they avoid travel by motor vehicles or even air?

Ø Will they avoid going abroad, as it is forbidden for any true brahmin to cross the seas?

Ø
Similarly for food, will they avoid eating all food that is considered alien to our culture
and traditions?

Does this mean that those wearing a suit or even pants or jeans should not eat idli or chapathi and should only eat “alien” food?! Why should a man with Komanam be expected to be fitting a certain pattern that you assume.

Both people with Komanam or with jockey, whether Brahmin or not, work for such individuals. Did any one suggest in this site that either wearing komanam in such situations offers solace or that Komanam makes a saint out of one? And do people using jockey derive “mental solace” in such situations? And do people using jockey not work for such individuals?

Nothing can be more “preposterous” than the above comment and it does not deserve a reply. Who is to say what is outdated or mad and ridiculous? And who is saying that a good Brahmin is only one who wears Komanam? We do not claim Komanam makes a better or worse person or Brahmin (or any other community) out of any body.

It is my sincere wish such impractical and unworkable ideas not be promoted in this forum of the educated and intellectuals, at least henceforth. ]Unquote

Why do you consider Komanam impractical and unworkable. Until 100 years back 99 % of Indian men had only Komanam and found it very practical. It is still very practical and workable. It is not only a very comfortable and agreeable inner wear but it is also scientific in its design.

1.It is suspended by the waist string. This secures the Komanam firmly and it is further secured or reinforced by the cloth’s tension and weight of the body.
2.You can adjust the fit yourself. It need not be loose or tight but can be fitted exactly as you want.
3.The suspension from the string which is separate gives support that is better than the underwear which is one piece only (usually with elastic which can get loose after some time).
4.The penis is centred correctly and will not deviate left or roght (which is the universal case with under wear).
5.The testicles are so well supported ina gentle but firm grip and will not shake (try running with Komanam under your shorts and you will understand this). So no hydrocele. 6.Better self control than jockey (has to be tried to realize this.
7.And better performance because of better control (again only experience will prove this)

Moreover great comfort (to such an extent that it becomes part of you and you can not be without it). Mr Vishwanath says passing urine is difficult because no slits like jockey. True but ask any Komanam wearer and he does not find it a problem (we like to untie, wash and retie but you can not wash even with a jockey with slits!). By the same token wearing a suit is also less comfortable than wearing shorts or lungi etc but that does not mean people don’t use suits.

Finally it is individual choice if one uses Jockey or komanam or nothing underneath. We don’t insist that all should wear Komanam. Not at all. It is each person’s choice. But we strongly recommend those interested to try it and can assure that you will soon prefer it and will not go back to jockey (it also ahs nothing to do with religion or tradition but is a question of self fitting, comfort and health benefits).

Above all I request our friends not to be so aggressive in calling it outdated or impractical etc. There is really no need. It is after all a piece of old cloth and a matter of choice.

Excellent response. Of course I do not wear a Koupeenam. Never tried it.

Komanam

Dear Sri Ramachandra17,

I just re - read my post.
I was unable to find anything "negative" about the Komanam in my post.
I merely pointed out that that Komanam lacked the convenience provided in the Vip/Tantex briefs.

I am referring to the slit in front.
I still feel that a similar slit in front provided in the Komanam, with a zip or Velcro buttons can be a useful innovation.

Since I wear trousers all the time I have serious issues with the Komanam at public urinals.

The ceremonies will be too elaborate for my liking and preferences.
One needs to loosen the belt, unbutton/unzip the trousers, lower it well below buttock level (and cause avoidable embarrassment to those standing behind you in the queue), untuck the Komanan from behind, hold the loose end to prevent it from dangling, take care to see that not a drop spills on to the garment, and after relieving oneself, re-tuck the loose end of the Komanam firmly behind, pull up one's trousers, and button up once again and also refasten one's belt.

No sir.
You are at liberty to prefer the Komanam and I have no quarrrel with you on this issue.

I would similarly like to be extended the courtesy of being allowed to prefer the modern Vip/Tantex briefs without fear of losing my Brahmin identity.

Thanks for your views and for giving me the opportunity to expound further on this topic.

I did not imagine a humble loincloth can generate so many strong views from across continents.

I also sincerely hope that this difference of opinion does not cause one more major schism in our community. We are already divided into Iyengars/Iyers, Kerala(Palakkad) iyers/ Tamil Iyers, Vadama/Brahacharanam etc and I fondly hope one more sub caste of Komanam Brahmins is not created out of this needless controversy.

I wish you all comfort, wearing the Komanam.
I seek your kind approval and concurrence for preferring the Vip/Tantex briefs.

Regards
G Vishwanath, JP Nagar, Bangalore

re

i think,komanam with a slit is really a good idea.maybe i ought delve into this deeper and see if i can create a biz model and market it in usa.thanks for this brilliant suggestion kaupindhari,gv...maybe i ought to change to komanam from my 'hanes' brand.hmmm...:grouphug:

sb

p.s. already the thongs are a big hit with females,so i am sure males will see the comfort in komanams.

Patent It!!

It is not an original idea of mine but if you do develop a product like that I am sure you will take the precaution to patent it. Only thing, dont expect me to buy it. The good old tear and wear Komanam from old handloom vesht is good enough for me (lack of slits is no problem, we Komanam wearers always go into the toilet and not urinal so that we can untie and retie)!!

i think,komanam with a slit is really a good idea.maybe i ought delve into this deeper and see if i can create a biz model and market it in usa.thanks for this brilliant suggestion kaupindhari,gv...maybe i ought to change to komanam from my 'hanes' brand.hmmm...:grouphug:

sb

p.s. already the thongs are a big hit with females,so i am sure males will see the comfort in komanams.

Actually, I never thought much about komanam.... but after this thread, I just tried it out! And it is much better than jockey comfort-wise... probably there are a few areas which I have to get accustomed to... :tongue1: and that is only a matter of time...

But it is reallly a comfortable choice over the jockey, for me, atleast...

BTW, just now saw the response of Kaupinadhari to pannvalan's post and it is mighty impressive!

Hope You Will Keep up the habit

Thanks very much. First for your favourable remarks about my reply to Mr Pannvalan. And most especially very, very many thanks for trying out Komanam and finding it a good experience. As a regular wearer I am not able to understand why more people are not trying it because it is the perfect underwear that is so comfortable. I hope you get used to it and that you kie it and will convert to Komanam as your full time underwear.

Actually, I never thought much about komanam.... but after this thread, I just tried it out! And it is much better than jockey comfort-wise... probably there are a few areas which I have to get accustomed to... :tongue1: and that is only a matter of time...

BTW, just now saw the response of Kaupinadhari to pannvalan's post and it is mighty impressive!

re

ss

thnx for the welcome ole buddy.how the heck did you get a komanam in the middle of the desert kingdom?but i really want to try,as my biz acumen is in full charge now.from morning i have been browsing desi stores,but no luck so far.i am really dissappointed with my state,maybe i ought to try new jersey or new york,those guys are far more entrepreunerial...hope nobody has thoughts of slits with komanam...kaupindhari,thnx again.

sb

Thanks very much. First for your favourable remarks about my reply to Mr Pannvalan. And most especially very, very many thanks for trying out Komanam and finding it a good experience. As a regular wearer I am not able to understand why more people are not trying it because it is the perfect underwear that is so comfortable. I hope you get used to it and that you kie it and will convert to Komanam as your full time underwear.
hi all,
thank u all...nice topic...in veda patashala...it is conpulsory for us...
in my childhood...every year in avani avittam....we called komanam
thendal is important for brahmacharis of veda patashala...
very convenient/economical/hygiene too.. easy to wear/use and throw
system like we use toilet napkins in USA....now hanes/jockeys
stilll vague in our life....but brahmachayam with important social
meaning more thaan religious...this may be my personal opinion..

regards

Conditioned by Jockey?!

Mr Bala
Very surprised you seem to be looking for ready made (may be even made to measure) Komanam in the US. I dont think it is sold even in India but I am told it used to be in some places. It is clear that the Hanes Jockey culture has conditioned you to look ofr ready mades!
My suggestion which is the good old method is to tear a Komanam from an old veshti and wear it with a waist string from Petticoat nada (which is also caled pavadai nada) taken from yoour wife's stock or purchase a roll of this nada which costs may be twenty rupees (but will last you two or 3 years).
That is the best Komanam. All who want to try and have doubts can send me a message.
ss

thnx for the welcome ole buddy.how the heck did you get a komanam in the middle of the desert kingdom?but i really want to try,as my biz acumen is in full charge now.from morning i have been browsing desi stores,but no luck so far.i am really dissappointed with my state,maybe i ought to try new jersey or new york,those guys are far more entrepreunerial...hope nobody has thoughts of slits with komanam...kaupindhari,thnx again.

sb

ss

sb
Just modified some worn out 'vip baniyans'...!

Veshtis are also good as Kaupinadhari has mentioned...

Dear All,

What Mr. Kaupinadhari said is absolutely right. One should start wearing komanam and feel the comfort level compared to modern underwear. I am sure it is absolutely comfortable and easy maintenance also.

Dear Sri Ramachandra17,

I asked this question some time ago. Please respond either way. Thanks.

Regards,
KRS

Dear Sri Ramachandra17,

Why not?

Regards,
KRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramachandra17
Dear Mr. Viswanath,

But never give negative views about komanam.

Regards,
Ramachandra17

Dear Mr. Viswanath,

Your way of asking me to respond seems that I have done a great mistake. If it hurts you, please execuse me - OK.

Now I have nothing to write on that issue.

Regards,
Ramachandra

Dear Sri Ramachandra17, it is not Sri G. Vishwanath who asked you this. It is me, and I am a moderator in this Forum.

I wanted to know why you made that statement, sir. That is all. It surprised me when you made that statement, because it seemed very emotional. All for a peice of cloth!

Regards,
KRS

Dear Mr. Viswanath,

Your way of asking me to respond seems that I have done a great mistake. If it hurts you, please execuse me - OK.

Now I have nothing to write on that issue.

Regards,
Ramachandra

Dear Mr. Sivaram,

Do you wear komanam at home ? what is your views on people who wear komanam in the present generation ?

As you have seen many of the members are in favour of komanam though they reluctantly say wearing komanam is secondary in comparison with ready made innerwear.

I wear komanam at home & also at times to office also.

Awaiting your comments.

Regards,
Ramachandran

Folks,

I tried my best not to respond. But this topic I think has been discussed enough.

I think Sri Ramachandra17 has some emotional attachment to this garment - he would not answer my repeated questions about a strange statement he has made.

I will keep this topic open for a few of you to answer Sri Ramachandra17's query in the next couple of days. If there are no responses soon, we will close this thread. Thank you.

Regards,
KRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back