• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Anthyesti anthim karyams

To Sri K Gopalan

Sir we are facing an extra ordinary situation and seek you advise. Is it possible to elaborate through private message as I am not comfortable to post on thread. Thank you and regards

Namaskarams,
My father who did adyayanam in vedapadasala, He is 95 yrs old and the doctors are told as no hope. Is there any prayachitham to be done by him before his soul rest in peace. kindly inform in details please. with kind respects ramani.

sri k Gopalan will you pl.clarify the following doubt.my mother sister unmarried who is of age 80 years expired on 23rd august and i did cremation .what is the further procedure to be done means is 9th 10th 11th day should be performed ,if so detailed procedure shall be shared.

A fresh query from my side please
my aunt expired today-maternal uncle’s wife and we have 3 day Theettu
query : can we light deepam and do Ganesh puja?
vishwanath

Dear Gopalan Sir,

I have a question. I have varying views on this. As I am doing Shiva panchayatana puja, I want to know the correct rule.
My father who is no more, has pleny of aged cousins (my father's periyappa's sons). A new of death from one from that family is very regular.

Yesterday my father's periyappa's son's wife passed away. my question is
1. does this come under the 7 generations rule?
2. Do I have to observe 10 days theettu or 3 days theettu
3. Can I do amavasai tharpanam during the theettu period?

Really appreciate if you can clarify my doubts
Ravi Sundaram

Namaskaram!!
I have few queries and will be very thankful if you could help me.
My husband's grandfather's grandfather's brother's grandson passed away 2 days back.I keep golu every year and I really don't want to miss it this year.
1.In this case should we see 10 days pelai and not keep golu ��??
2.If not golu, can I go for vethalai paaku alone to my friend's home,if they insist that they don't believe in these?
3.10 days duration finishes by 15th and can I keep golu for at least last 3 days starting 16th?
I will be very grateful if you could clear my doubts.
Thanks
Srilakshmi

dear gopalan sir,

i have a question. I have varying views on this. As i am doing shiva panchayatana puja, i want to know the correct rule.
My father who is no more, has pleny of aged cousins (my father's periyappa's sons). A new of death from one from that family is very regular.

Yesterday my father's periyappa's son's wife passed away. My question is
1. Does this come under the 7 generations rule?
2. Do i have to observe 10 days theettu or 3 days theettu
3. Can i do amavasai tharpanam during the theettu period?

Really appreciate if you can clarify my doubts
ravi sundaram
you are having 10 days theetu.during theetu period tharpanam should not be done.

THEETU =UNCLEAN (IMPURITY) Unclean is of two kinds. One unclean state is when a child is born to our relatives. This is called VRIDHI in sanskrit.

The second is when some one dies the''unclean'' state which develop on the relatives. This is called 'KSHAYAM' in sanskrit. . Generally for both it is called aasowcham in sanskrit.

Vridhi means increase and kshayam means decrease. When consulting a priest in case of child birth one should ask ' How many days vridhi is devolved on me and my family and not asowcham is devolved on us.

Our beliefs on the 'unclean' and 'clean 'states are based on the functioning of various microcopic organisms not visible to our eyes. This is akin to the aroma of as flower spreading to the surroundings , even though one cannot see the 'aroma' thru eyes.

Likewise all living beings transmit their aura to their surroundings and this is also confirmed by Ayurveda system of treatment. The 'unclean' state devolving on one person also get spread to others due to body contact, breath,eating together and sleeping together. and similar reasons.

one should not consider these things as superstitions. One should not also seek for scintific proof for all these assertions , but follow with reverance and enjoy the benefits bestowed on us by divine Beings. One must also remember that our "maharishis' are realised beings, who have transcended the physical, will only say what is beneficial to human beings.

Our sastras indicate that the observance of theetu for the deceased will satisfy the deceased's jeevan and will enable it to get a good status in the astral plane.
When maternal uncle's wife passes away, how many days theetu to be observed

In the ekothita sratham prepare two agnis. homa agni in north. to the right side of this pinda prathaana medai. to the right side brahmin sthanathil prathista agni.. think that this is pitha facing west. to the west of this aasanam, paadhyam, argyam,aachamanam; thilothagam etc. should be given there.

praachinavithi, first start with brahmana sthana agni and do prathistai; Imagine that agni as west faced pretha roopa pitha, give aasanam, krisaram. thamboolam. oil to take oil bath; snanam;aachamanam; anugai; aasanam; sangalpam; varanam; agni prathistai; paristharanam. north to agni havis paathra sadanam, prokshani samskaraml south argya grahanam. aavahanam; padha prakshalanam; varanam; argya saadhanam; vasthra upacharam;agni pariseshnam; ahha homam; punar parishechanam; brahmana bojanam; thruthi prasnam; thilothga dhaanam; dakshina dhanam, brahmana visarjanam, pindsa dhanam; snanam; punyaham.

Masi sratha kramam: anugai. no dhoopam/ deepam,no namaha sabdham; no swadha sabtham, sangalpam. thithi vara star yoga karana dosha nivrithi charity,brahmin sthanam to the west of agni; aavaahanam;argyam; in the north of brahmin sthaana agni sopread ellu and place dharbhai facing south. thilothaga paathram vaikkavum.

make one pavithram with one dharbhai and place it facing the nuni to south direction in the ellu water brass sombu. chant manthram while pouring water in the brass sombu, remove pavithram and drop some black till on it. argya prathanam: in the west of brahmin sthaana agni in a brass vessal add some water put the another vessal on it by using uthirini take water from argya paathram and give it to brahmin as argyam.no pariseshanam; pour ellu water on the havis.no namaskaram.

then facing south payasannam mixed with ellu and ghee using pithru theertha murai do homam for 32 times with homa manthram.after this pretha pithaha annampaaneeyam, thrupthosi, amrutha pitha namasi, hastha padha prakshalanam; achamya, pour water near agni. dakshinai; thaamboolam; brahmana visarjanam give one darbai say vaje vaje manthram.

In the south side of homa agni pinda prathanam. then dakshinai; pindam and other cooked rice used for pinda pradhanam should be thrown in the river or sea. Tenth day prabotha bali cooked rice and savary on those days it was given to the barbers. now a days barber shop wala are not taking this. so it must be thrown in the river or in the sea.

Then take a bath and do punyahavachanam.

to be continued
Day 3 days asoucham reckoning time upto what time of the day i counted as one day

Hello sir. Great to see all details gathered by you which is helpful. But having a query. My father in law's chithi ( means his father's brothers wife ) deceased on July 20 2021 .. we did maintain the 10 day theetu and my father-in-law performed the tharpanam on 10th day.. now the question is do we have all festivals this year ? Some say yes some say no. So confused with this. Like golu , diwali , krishna jeyanthi etc

Sir
My father in laws grand fatherroda thambi yoda son that is my father in laws small thathas son expired .how many days theetu for us.my father in kaw is also no more
Kindly clarify as how long we r having theendal and shall we not celebrate festival s one year

My paternal grandfather's cousin wife died recently ( My grandfather's chitthappa's daughter-in-law). How many days theetu we need to observe. Will some one throw light on this pls

My paternal grandfather's cousin wife died recently ( My grandfather's chitthappa's daughter-in-law). How many days theetu we need to observe. Will some one throw light on this pls

Latest ads

Back