• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Age difference in marriages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Renukaji

there is nothing like a true person inside us. It is a myth . you are telling yourself that so as to be different from others.

Most would like to conform to the role they are expected to play in life .

most would like their wives and mothers to look like stereotypes types of these entities

if they try to look and act different they would not get easily accepted.

same is true of men also . most children cannot accept fathers who do not conform to the image they have of them.

individuality is sunk in context of interpersonal relationship in a family environment

we will be unacceptable if we do not conform to the stereotype

Renukaji

there is nothing like a true person inside us. It is a myth . you are telling yourself that so as to be different from others.

Nope...I am not comparing myself with others to be different becos in my own world that is when I am with myself..only I exists.

Renukaji
I was talking of acceptability of others- family and friends when one is different and does not conform

there is a price to be paid by all including non conformists

krish44

Renukaji
I was talking of acceptability of others- family and friends when one is different and does not conform

there is a price to be paid by all including non conformists

krish44

Krish ji,

All this conformist feeling is only when we are not in tune with ourselves.

When one is totally in tune with our own existence without being selfish..the opinion of others do not matter.

I do not want to call myself a conformist or a non conformist becos I am kind of unpredictable!LOL

That many people know including my parents..that generates fear in others to a certain extent..but let it be.

Renukaji
If you can generate fear in others, you are an asset to the family

They at least can use your name to get things done their way.lol

Renukaji
If you can generate fear in others, you are an asset to the family

They at least can use your name to get things done their way.lol

Dear Krish ji,

The fear I generate is a very subtle one..its like being the Devil.

No one really knows how to fear the Devil...at times even though we fear the Devil we still think we can fight with him.

So likewise that is how I am viewed..that is there is subtle fear generated but others might what to fight with me from time to time.

I always feel the Devil is a gentleman..like wise I am also gentle in every fearful transaction!LOL

Last edited:
Renukai
Ok sweet devil . understood.

difficult to accept though

Dear Krish ji,

Just 2 days ago I was reading a cartoon that described the Devil as the Prince of Insufficient Light!

I liked the concept..becos previously the Devil was called Prince of Darkness.

With the Prince of Insufficient Light terminology it gives the Devil a pleasant persona where he is still in the spectrum of Light though insufficient.

So likewise..the Devil is all about sweetness..totally untapped..it remains so sweet that those who fear him only feel a bitter after taste.

But for those who know him..they even refuse even Amrit!

RRji
You were getting remembered and missed.

I was joking about RRJi vanishing trick.

we have already got a feed back about the marriage you graced with your presence.

someone else is ahead of you in this regard.lol

Dear Krish ji,

Just 2 days ago I was reading a cartoon that described the Devil as the Prince of Insufficient Light!

I liked the concept..becos previously the Devil was called Prince of Darkness.

With the Prince of Insufficient Light terminology it gives the Devil a pleasant persona where he is still in the spectrum of Light though insufficient.

So likewise..the Devil is all about sweetness..totally untapped..it remains so sweet that those who fear him only feel a bitter after taste.

But for those who know him..they even refuse even Amrit!

Dear Renuka,

When I read your words, I remember the Satan character in the novel of olden times 'The Sorrows of Satan', in this book the Satan does do evil to all those trapped in vices, however, deep within himself there is a earning for pure and good people! I don't remember too much of the story, I read this 'as a teenager' but this part of the story about Satan longing to meet with goodness in people has remained fresh in my memory. (If any of the forum members has read this novel, would love to hear a refresher of the story from them).

Also, Rahu according our Hindu system, is the phenomenal 'bad guy' - he is the one that deludes everyone into the adharmic path, giver of riches (and success) and also a 'taker-away' during his periods -- kinda similar to the Satan concept. But Rahu himself is a great devotee of Ma Durga. This again proves to me that within Satan or Evil, there is a earning constantly to become pure and good.

I would love to hear from learned members their view on above facts.

RRji
You were getting remembered and missed.

I was joking about RRJi vanishing trick...........
This shows that you read forum posts in haste! :D

I mentioned in one of my posts that I am kept busy as 'thaiyal nAyaki', making new dresses for a wedding in our family!

Five ready to wear silk sarees were stitched for my mom but it so happened that she was not fit to travel for 4 hours by road! :sad:

Usually men in thirties look very young but women start getting a tired look.

Couple with five to ten years difference in age look very nice as they grow old! :thumb:

P.S: I am talking about the lucky mAmAs who do not have polished dome in their middle age! :lol:

Couple with five to ten years difference in age look very nice as they grow old! :thumb:

P.S: I am talking about the lucky mAmAs who do not have polished dome in their middle age! :lol:

I beg to differ from you.

Men age faster than women after retirement as they have nothing much to do .

women keep themselves busy with house work and bringing up grand children

So men look prematurely old and wives look like daughters if they have age difference

Last edited:
This shows that you read forum posts in haste! :D

I mentioned in one of my posts that I am kept busy as 'thaiyal nAyaki', making new dresses for a wedding in our family!

Five ready to wear silk sarees were stitched for my mom but it so happened that she was not fit to travel for 4 hours by road! :sad:
I know preparations for weddings can be taxing affairs , specially if needs of senior citizen have to be taken care off

I have been posting elsewhere on making occassions like marriage senior citizen friendly .

There is an imperative need to cater to their needs in these functions.

you have rightly diagnosed that I jump to hasty conclusions after reading posts.

I easily slip from the real world to a fantasy world of my own noticing vaguely someone has vanished.lol

Dear RR ji,

I do not agree..I feel a woman looks her personal best in 30 years onwards.
The 30-39 years are the best years of a woman's life.

20-29 she might look a bit too young without a developed personality..30-39 is when her personality develops and she looks the best.

Check out pics of actresses when they were in their 20's and 30's..they look very beautiful and have strong personalities at age 30-39 years.

Men there are 2 types..

1)the ones that get better as they age... eg Shah Rukh Khan

2)the ones who become "uncles" after 30 years onward eg..the rest of the Indian origin males in the world!LOL

Dear Renu,

Just compare the pictures of men and women in their thirties. In my generation (guys who got married between 1970 and 1980)

grooms were generally in their thirties and women in their twenties. They make the best looking couple, imho! :)

(Please leave the baldies at peace.)

BTW, my son told me that men in the U S of A don't like to be baldies and prefer Pazhani ANdavar style! :lol:

renukaji

some men close to seventy look like sathabishekam case while their wives look and behave like teenagers.lol

It is a general comment and not aimed at anyone in this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back