• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

A thought on Respect and Civility

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pyar bant the chalo.

Na hindu no musalman.

Sab hain bhai bhai.

All these Bhai Bhai has become Bye Bye!

Who cares for Pyaar these days...

All they sing is :

Marjaani marjaani!
Marjaani marjaani!
Marjaani marjaani!
Oye kashmanu khaye marjaani

Translation: Go to hell, go to hell (The hell with them)

Go to hell, go to hell (The hell with them)
Go to hell, go to hell (The hell with them)
They can go to hell (2x)

<font color="#1A1A1A"><span style="font-family: Arial">[video=youtube_share;SxAeyJC8Amg]https://youtu.be/SxAeyJC8Amg[/video]

Arey yaar...what is all this Mahabharat going on?

I don't think there are any wicked minds here in forum..its just that we have different minds.

So there is no need to even think that the Almighty will not spare anyone...how are we so sure would be spared by the Almighty?

None of us are perfect...lets learn to fight effectively.

We are actually quite a weird lot...naah...not wicked at all!

Wicked is something morally wrong.

Do you mean to say that everyone is morally right.

There are wicked. When you say that no one is perfect then that establishes the existence of wicked minds.

It is the other member who brought the Kamsa and Krisha case..

She may be suitably instructed to fight effectively

Wicked is something morally wrong.

Do you mean to say that everyone is morally right.

There are wicked. When you say that no one is perfect then that establishes the existence of wicked minds.

It is the other member who brought the Kamsa and Krisha case..

She may be suitably instructed to fight effectively

Dear Sir,

I can safely say we members are pretty nice guys and gals..none of us are morally so corrupt..none of us have evil intent on causing harm to others.

Also who am I to judge another when I might not be perfect myself.

I am a fairly nice person myself..so I prefer to see the good in others most of the time.

You have to see the context in which that member wrote about Kamsa and Krishna...one member was saying how that it took him a few months to get back to normal routine becos of an unpleasant encounter.

So another only advised him to ignore that person who caused him stress cos there is no use contemplating on a person who is causing us harm.

But in case of Kamsa at least even though he hated Krishna he had the Bhagyam of contemplating on Krishna more than even His Bhaktas..hence Kamsa attained liberation by confrontation.

But in the case of Forum..none of us are Krishna or any saint ..so no use contemplating on anyone cos there would be no liberation...all of us might just land up in the same plane to hell!LOL

Last edited:
Dear Renu,
The subtle meaning of a post under a particular context, needs a bit more IQ to understand! :decision:
I am ignoring meaningless arguments! :couch2:

Dear Sir,

..all of us might just land up in the same plane to hell!LOL

May be it is your opinion Madam,

But the Garuda Purana has clearly prescribed 28 deadly deserving punishments regarding the sins and karma.

The punishments will be in proportion to the sins.

I thank the Amight for having blessed me with enough wisdom to distinguish persons with minimum IQ but pose as though they have more IQs. :pray2:
And as such I am happy ot ignore postings of persons who pose as though they are ......
:cheer2:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All Ye Veterans,
I am amazed that Kurukshetra has now moved to the cyberspace. All the "Bhishma Pitamahas" of the TB forum are going at each other with war of words. I think a new Adhyaya of Mahabharatha is currently unfolding before the eyes of this novice TB. Let there be WAR and may Paramatma guide you all in your noble efforts to find the truth behind the Asuras in our TB forum.

Last edited:
Another thought.
Why do all our veterans keep quoting in Sanskrit verses drawn from mythology.
We are living in a world where English is most commonly used in a Tamil forum.
Does using Sanskrit make one any wiser and does it make me any dumber because they have to explain what it means too?
If they know Sanskrit then why don't they just script their entire posting in Sanskrit script and let the wise ones understand it and the dumb one's will be automatically filtered out of the conversation. Even dumb one's like me can understand a bit of Sanskrit, because I took one year of Sanskrit language in high school.
"Sarveh Janah Sukhino Bhavanthu".
Hah, I am a veteran too!

Last edited:
Another thought.
Does using Sanskrit make one any wiser and does it make me any dumber because they have to explain what it means too?
If they know Sanskrit then why don't they just script their entire posting in Sanskrit script and let the wise ones understand it and the dumb one's will be automatically filtered out of the conversation. Even dumb one's like me can understand a bit of Sanskrit, because I took one year of Sanskrit language in high school.
Hah, I am a veteran too!

It is funny but has a point.
Sanskrit, Hindi, or Tamil script is used as many of us are familiar and want to post the original words.
I am not so good in Tamil script so I leave them alone. I do not think there is any implied judgement involved.
Yes English in this forum would be appreciated as people from all part of the world participate.
But do not take it personally.

Another thought.
Hah, I am a veteran too!

Raysunder Ji,

It is indeed funny but has no valid point to substantiate.

When you lock horn with the other, the ethics requires that you are supposed to converse in a common language.

The strategy adopted by few in this Forum is that when someone feels that he/she is losing ground in the argument, just to manage the situation, they resort to these Sanskrit verses which come in handy on any topic either way.

We have a Delhiwala who will go for Hindi verses, when he know pretty well that he is losing his ground in the argument. LOL

Thank you all for the clarification.
So it's the losers that resort to Sanskrit.
I don't mind Hindi or Tamil verses being quoted without further clarifications or meanings because most TBs of Indian origin do understand these current Indian languages. Those who don't can feel free to ask and it shall be given without loss of respect or civility.
I agree certain expressions are better said in Tamil or Hindi to preserve their beauty in the original language.
Thank you all for the respectful civility.

Thank you all for the clarification.
So it's the losers that resort to Sanskrit.
I don't mind Hindi or Tamil verses being quoted without further clarifications or meanings because most TBs of Indian origin do understand these current Indian languages. Those who don't can feel free to ask and it shall be given without loss of respect or civility.
I agree certain expressions are better said in Tamil or Hindi to preserve their beauty in the original language.
Thank you all for the respectful civility.

Dear Rays,

Some of us here are well versed in Sanskrit and a few other languages too...so at times its almost like a reflex where we quote Sanskrit verses that are relevant to the topic.

For example I had quoted the Geeta in one of my replies here to VB sir to denote that no one can elevate us or degrade us and only self is responsible for self.

I had provided a translation too.

Then another post I had quoted Hanuman Chalisa but that I forgot to put the translation but being a TB forum I am quite sure most members are familiar with Hanuman Chalisa.

I do not feel you were given the right impression that only those who are losing ground resort to Sanskrit...I feel its just a form of expression.

There are after all members who resort to usage of Smileys..usage of images to drive home a point.

BTW as Hindus there is no harm being Sanskrit friendly...using as much as possible phrases whenever we can..that is how a language is learnt and its usage improved.After all we are using a foreign language(English) so freely and do not feel we need to explain why we use it but when an Indian uses Sanskrit everyone wonders why and an explanation is sought.

The speed of my Tamil reading used to be rather slow but after joining forum and reading some posts in Tamil..my speed of reading Tamil has improved. I am glad Kgopalan Sir writes in Tamil sans translation so that I take the extra effort to read what he writes.

Sometimes when translations are provided we lose the effort to learn a language.

Therefore in my opinion the usage of Sanskrit is not about being Dumb and Dumber or Wise or Wiser..its just a matter of expression.

I guess you were given the wrong impression about usage of Sanskrit in Forum...one who is losing ground does not resort to using Sanskrit or any other lesser known language.

One who is losing ground usually gets into a personal attack of a name calling kind...now that is Pratyaksham(Evident).

Explanation:

Pratyaskham..Made up of 2 words Prati(In front) and Aksha(Eye)...so it can be used to mean evident.

Last edited:
........... I guess you were given the wrong impression about usage of Sanskrit in Forum...one who is losing ground does not resort to using Sanskrit or any other lesser known language.

One who is losing ground usually gets into a personal attack of a name calling kind...now that is Pratyaksham(Evident).......... .
100% true, Renu. :)

hi all ye veterans,
i am amazed that kurukshetra has now moved to the cyberspace. All the "bhishma pitamahas" of the tb forum are going at each other with war of words. I think a new adhyaya of mahabharatha is currently unfolding before the eyes of this novice tb. Let there be war and may paramatma guide you all in your noble efforts to find the truth behind the asuras in our tb forum.
:lol: Can't stop laughing!!

Thanks Renuka for your explanation.
I am quite fortunate to learn various relevant Sanskrit verses through TB forums and how they influence our day to day lives in the form of morals to be followed. Thanking you for bringing such verses as a Sanskrit Scholar. As long as we don't go into lengthy interpretations but just the raw meanings it is fine.
I like to seek and understand the truth for myself, that way I will be convinced about it with my own manner of thinking.
That was the reason on another forum with Sravna I was willing to perform experiments to realize the truth for myself.

. Thanking you for bringing such verses as a Sanskrit Scholar

Dear Rays,

I am not a scholar but I do love learning new languages.

The 1st script I learnt as a child was English Romanized.
At the age of 6, I learnt Arabic Script.
At the age of 8, I learnt Tamil script.
At the age of 37, I learnt Devanagari script.

Hope to learn more as I get older.

This was the expected usual response..

In my experience no one has admitted their guilt.

They do all sorts of mischiefs like derailing the thread, insulting, humiliating, teasing, name calling, spewing venom, mudslinging, etc etc whoever comes on their way and ensure that the victim member keep away from active participation.

I know few members who were victim of this ferocious gang.

Some of their posts will speak volume and needs no evidence.

But their specialty is they are try their best to wear a puritan mask and start preaching morals day in and day out in Sanskrit, Hindi, etc but in real sense they lack civility and respect.

And as such, their expression of grounds for usage of other languages don’t hold good.

Members are the best judges, they can very well and are free to exercise their discretion.

The Attendnace of one more active member of the gang is missing.

Then there will be coram for the sitting and exercise of..............

He is also expected to join at any moment.

The Jalras, Patbacks, pep ups, etc acts will go on.

Let us have a nice day. LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
This was the expected usual response..

In my experience no one has admitted their guilt.

They do all sorts of mischiefs like derailing the thread, insulting, humiliating, teasing, name calling, spewing venom, mudslinging, etc etc whoever comes on their way and ensure that the victim member keep away from active participation.

I know few members who were victim of this ferocious gang.

Some of their posts will speak volume and needs no evidence.

But their specialty is they are try their best to wear a puritan mask and start preaching morals day in and day out in Sanskrit, Hindi, etc but in real sense they lack civility and respect.

And as such, their expression of grounds for usage of other languages don’t hold good.

Members are the best judges, they can very well and are free to exercise their discretion.

Dear VB sir,

I feel you want to project an image that you are the Mr Good Guy and the brigade, the squad etc are Evil....if that thought brings you happiness its fine with me at least.

I do not wear a Puritan mask..you very well know my posts are almost multipolar and what I write can move in any direction at any time.

I do not restrict myself on what I want to say but to a great extent I usually manage to be civil most of the time.

Basically as a human being I am entitled to write and speak in any language I want...a language is a language.

It does not denote purity status.

I am also well versed even in Madras Bhashai..language is merely an expression of the mind.

Actually I am not obsessed of projecting a squeaky clean image.

There is no guilt for anything cos none of us have committed a major crime by having differing opinions.

You feel as if some members here have been traumatized by the brigade when in reality the so called brigade actually provides some sound and helpful advice when a person needs some acute help.

If you really want to feel you are good and the rest of us are bad..frankly its your choice..after all I personally always preferred Asuras.

Last edited:
The Attendnace of one more active member of the gang is missing.

He is also expected to join at any moment.

The Jalras, Patbacks, pep ups, etc acts will go on.

Let us have a nice day. LOL

Isn't it evident that you can't life without the brigade?

I think you have fallen in love with the brigade.

Sir..sometimes love can be a confusing feeling..we might be in state of denial or even reject the idea but eventually we succumb to it.

Last edited:
I find lot of very civilized posts in this thread! :ranger:

''civilize:

past tense: civilized

Meaning: polite and good-mannered.''

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back