• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

A thought on Respect and Civility

Status
Not open for further replies.

renuka

Still you have misunderstood my point

I leave with this.
Dear PJ sir,

You assume I misunderstood you without you understanding me.

I have not missed your point even though you seem to point that I missed it.

The point is that I have understood your post and made an attempt to make you understand my point but sadly I am unable to pin point why there seems to be a failure in understanding from your point of view.

I agree that it might be pointless to try to point out why you did not understand or why you misunderstood my point.

So I hope now you clearly understand that I made my point.

biswa

I am not commenting on why I reported this time (because I already stated why).

Nevertheless, it is not upto individual forum members to decide whether others have the right to report or not... each individual has the right to report in a democratic forum as this, and the moderator decides whether the reported message is justified or not. To some of us, our values especially on religion is high and nobody likes their beloved deity/belief system to be ridiculed by others constantly. I am also aware of Shri Praveen's time constraints and I wouldn't bother him unnecessarily.
Of course everybody has a right to report, since the moderator allows. But I still think it is a bit childish. Particularly if one needs to be goaded by another. Am I allowed to have that opinion or not?

Of course again everybody can cherish their religion, but when they say a particular epic belongs to their own sect only or another says if people worship different gods at different types of day they are false gods or one god is inferior to another, are they not trampling on the religious rights of others?

Renukaji is right is saying it goes both ways. Nobody can clap with just one hand.

JR

Of course everybody has a right to report, since the moderator allows. But I still think it is a bit childish. Particularly if one needs to be goaded by another. Am I allowed to have that opinion or not?

Of course again everybody can cherish their religion, but when they say a particular epic belongs to their own sect only or another says if people worship different gods at different types of day they are false gods or one god is inferior to another, are they not trampling on the religious rights of others?

Renukaji is right is saying it goes both ways. Nobody can clap with just one hand.
Mahabharata and Ramayana are indeed considered 'Vaishnava' works. Even if it is not, still Vyasa muni has not represented Pandavas as Pimps or Whimps anywhere.

Nevertheless, above is just part of the entire package. There were other provocations at Vaishnavas too, which I believe you are aware of and sadly, you choose to keep quiet at those because you cannot answer them obviously (and your 'friendship' is more important to you over 'justice')!

Please do not drag me further into this conversation. I've already finished my part, whether you like it or not.

Another explanation before I wind up:

another says if people worship different gods at different types of day they are false gods or one god is inferior to another, are they not trampling on the religious rights of others?

For one, I did not say the above. There is another member in this forum who constantly belittles Vaishnavism needlessly. He ridiculed us worshiping our Avataras when there was discussion on Monotheism and the person (quoted above) who replied retaliated just for that unsolicited comment. If you or anyone have problems with that, please take it up to these individuals or the moderator on that and do not combine that with what I have stated.

Also, this quote is from Wikipedia, which states Ramayana, Mahabharata and Bhagavata Purana to be the most influential philosophical works on Vaishnava beliefs. This shows how important Mahabharata is, and its heroes, the Pandavas, are to Vaishnavas:

Two great Indianepics, the Ramayana and the Mahabharata, form an important part of Vaishnava philosophy, theology, and culture.The Ramayana describes the story of Rama, an avatara of Vishnu, and is taken as a history of the 'ideal king', based on the principles of dharma, morality and ethics. Rama's wife Sita, his brother Lakshman, with his devotee and follower Hanuman all play key roles within the Vaishnava tradition as examples of Vaishnava etiquette and behaviour.Ravana, the evil king and villain of the epic, plays the opposite role of how not to behave.
The Mahabharata is centered around Krishna and details the story of a dynastic war between two families of cousins, with Krishna and the Pandavas, five brothers, playing pivotal roles in the drama. The philosophical highlight of the work is the chapter covering a conversation between Arjuna and Krishna prior to the final battle, individually known as the Bhagavad Gita. The Bhagavad Gita, though influential in most philosophies of Hinduism, is of particular importance to Vaishnavas because it is believed to be an accurate record of the very words spoken by Krishna himself. Both works are often re-enacted in part as dramas by followers of Vaishnavism, especially on festival days concerning each of the specific avatars. The Bhagavad Gita is widely studied as a theological textbook and is rendered in numerous English translations and world languages.

Last edited:

P.J.

Is that the meaning of renukaji's post biswa Sir ???? Congratulations.

Raji madam wanted to send her post to Vishu Sir!!! Post no 23

zebra16

Dear Renu,

I wish to point out that I shall forward you post with so many points to Sri. Visu! :)
Who is Sri Visu? is it a typo for Sri Vishnu? If it is the Lord Sri Vishnu, it is indeed GREAT that you have established email contact (?) with the Lord :). If you do get his **selfies** please be large hearted to share it in the forum :)

meenam

I like Renuka,s reply . Live and let live . The world is changing so rapidly no time to think, debate etc . However as Brahmins let us pray and be happy we have lived to see another day . Thank Bhagwan every day

praveen

Life is a dream
Staff member
Please do not use this platform to post messages against any religion, especially the muslim community.

The site is becoming more and more anti towards other religions and that is not our motto or what this platform was/is intended for.

Please do not use this platform to post messages against any religion, especially the muslim community.

The site is becoming more and more anti towards other religions and that is not our motto or what this platform was/is intended for.

A pragmatic decision. The owner doesn't have the advantages of anonimity that the members might have.

Raji Ram

Anonymity gives the freedom to post nasty comments even about our own Gods and Goddesses! :sad:

A Word of caution to the general public - BEWARE OF SEASONED FRAUDSTERS

I would like to bring to the notice of general public, especially the most gullible senior citizens who have toiled all their life and have some savings to take care of them till they receive the call from above.

It is because about 90% of investors in this particular fiasco happens to be Brahmins, senior citizens and unfortunately well-educated but NOT well-informed. The very purpose of this letter is to fulfil the requirement of 'being well-informed'.

One Mr R Subramanian, an IIT and IIM genius chose to target maximum number of senior citizens, especially the defenseless Brahmins, promising them slightly or marginally higher returns than the Banks and collected the deposits. He knows very well that these hapless brahmin elders can only make hue and cry among themselves but wont go beyond that. He started Subhiksha in Chennai and other major cities only to dupe the employees and the general public after few years. He was a most effective fraudster - imagine he has duped umpteen number of big banks, and major corporates like Wipro by his sharp skills. Nothing happened though everyone was shocked beyond belief but no one could touch him.

He has started or registered some 60 plus Companies in Chennai with the connivance of concerned authorities, especially the Registrar of Companies - it just defies any logic how this one unscrupulous person was given so much freedom to open Companies and defraud the public with impunity. He started all these companies only to route the money received from public into a labyrinthine cross-network so that no one can trace where the money went.

Vishwapriya Financials and Securities is his recent release - thousands of crores have been swallowed by one man and absolutely no one is able to touch him even remotely. He is able to roam around freely in his Audi cars while the hapless senior citizens are literally in the street. He has devised a fool-proof strategy to fool the investors - he himself has filed a case in the court and as everyone knows the Courts are the last ones to help a hapless common man it sided with this great fraudster and keeps dragging the case - few of the investors have already died and few others are lamenting why at all they had invested in this Company. Only thing the court has done is hear, adjourn, adjourn, adjourn............ That is precisely what Mr R Subramanian wanted and that is his well planned strategy to delay returning money to depositors (in turn that is worst form of denial) and eventually close down his Company and case without even returning one paise to the depositors.

EOW and Courts are just spectators in this cruel episode. Government or any politician worth his salt is not willing to intervene for obvious reasons - they have received their shares for keeping quiet.

How these things can happen in such a well-educated law-abiding society? It is because some vested interests, paid by the fraudsters, keep the information under wraps and DO NOT ADVICE THE PUBLIC EVEN THOUGH THEY VERY WELL KNOW that the public are being duped so openly with impunity.

The sole purpose of this letter is to INFORM THE PUBLIC, ESPECIALLY THE ELDERLY BRAHMINS, TO LEARN from THEIR MISTAKES, KEEP AWAY FROM THESE FRADUSTER COMPANIES AND MOST MOST IMPORTANTLY - ADVISE OTHER PEOPLE TOO TO REFRAIN FROM FALLING INTO THE TRAP OF THESE INDIGENOUS HIGHLY EDUCATED AND SEASONED SHARP-SKILLED FRAUDSTERS.

A.SUNDARARAMAN
On behalf of Viswapriya Investors Welfare Forum.

sarang

Very sad. IIT-IIM is a dangerous combination. IITs were launched to produce technology experts and technocrats, but many have chosen the cheat public route as a way of life. Govt and sebi must set up watchdogs to catch these rogues early, attach their assets when the finance company starts defaulting payment on deposits. They are worse than quack doctors.

I would like to bring to the notice of general public, especially the most gullible senior citizens who have toiled all their life and have some savings to take care of them till they receive the call from above.

It is because about 90% of investors in this particular fiasco happens to be Brahmins, senior citizens and unfortunately well-educated but NOT well-informed. The very purpose of this letter is to fulfil the requirement of 'being well-informed'.

One Mr R Subramanian, an IIT and IIM genius chose to target maximum number of senior citizens, especially the defenseless Brahmins, promising them slightly or marginally higher returns than the Banks and collected the deposits. He knows very well that these hapless brahmin elders can only make hue and cry among themselves but wont go beyond that. He started Subhiksha in Chennai and other major cities only to dupe the employees and the general public after few years. He was a most effective fraudster - imagine he has duped umpteen number of big banks, and major corporates like Wipro by his sharp skills. Nothing happened though everyone was shocked beyond belief but no one could touch him.

He has started or registered some 60 plus Companies in Chennai with the connivance of concerned authorities, especially the Registrar of Companies - it just defies any logic how this one unscrupulous person was given so much freedom to open Companies and defraud the public with impunity. He started all these companies only to route the money received from public into a labyrinthine cross-network so that no one can trace where the money went.

Vishwapriya Financials and Securities is his recent release - thousands of crores have been swallowed by one man and absolutely no one is able to touch him even remotely. He is able to roam around freely in his Audi cars while the hapless senior citizens are literally in the street. He has devised a fool-proof strategy to fool the investors - he himself has filed a case in the court and as everyone knows the Courts are the last ones to help a hapless common man it sided with this great fraudster and keeps dragging the case - few of the investors have already died and few others are lamenting why at all they had invested in this Company. Only thing the court has done is hear, adjourn, adjourn, adjourn............ That is precisely what Mr R Subramanian wanted and that is his well planned strategy to delay returning money to depositors (in turn that is worst form of denial) and eventually close down his Company and case without even returning one paise to the depositors.

EOW and Courts are just spectators in this cruel episode. Government or any politician worth his salt is not willing to intervene for obvious reasons - they have received their shares for keeping quiet.

How these things can happen in such a well-educated law-abiding society? It is because some vested interests, paid by the fraudsters, keep the information under wraps and DO NOT ADVICE THE PUBLIC EVEN THOUGH THEY VERY WELL KNOW that the public are being duped so openly with impunity.

The sole purpose of this letter is to INFORM THE PUBLIC, ESPECIALLY THE ELDERLY BRAHMINS, TO LEARN from THEIR MISTAKES, KEEP AWAY FROM THESE FRADUSTER COMPANIES AND MOST MOST IMPORTANTLY - ADVISE OTHER PEOPLE TOO TO REFRAIN FROM FALLING INTO THE TRAP OF THESE INDIGENOUS HIGHLY EDUCATED AND SEASONED SHARP-SKILLED FRAUDSTERS.

A.SUNDARARAMAN

renuka

Dear Sundaram Ji,

I wonder does rules of TB forum allow openly naming anyone for a fraud committed..I can understand that the intend of your post is to warn the elderly..but I was just wondering of any legal implication to name someone for fraud so openly online in a public forum.

Vaagmi

Mr. A. Sundararaman's OP reveals very little. It is a lot of verbiage without throwing any light on any thing.

What was the modus operandi?

The name subhiksha rings a bell. I remember the existence of mini supermarkets with that name where I used to get quality provisions at reasonable price. Is this the subhiksha referred to?

IIT and IIM have nothing to do in this game. A sahara could defraud a million depositors of a substantial larger sum and the man who did it, now cooling his heals in jails, was not known to be from any Ivy league institution.

I read in news papers every month at least three or four cases of chit schemes going to the docks and the foremen of these chit schemes vanishing into thin air.

It is a regular thing that happens here.

Our law makers have to become a little more wiser.

Now to Mr. Sundararaman, will you please give more useful info about the fraud instead of being very vague and general?

sarang

His name is all over the cyber and media space. There are hundreds more like this all over india.These can be controlled only when RBI, govt, SEBI and other regulating authorities nip them in the bud stage.

Subhiksha promoter's firm faces payment problem | Business Standard News

Dear Sundaram Ji,

I wonder does rules of TB forum allow openly naming anyone for a fraud committed..I can understand that the intend of your post is to warn the elderly..but I was just wondering of any legal implication to name someone for fraud so openly online in a public forum.

auh

A.SUNDARARAMAN
This post should be separate and not in this sticky, which is meant for a different purpose.

Having said that it is always an irony to see senior citizens and "defenseless" brahmins invest their purported hard earned money in a company that offers a higher rate than banks!!!

When somebody is in that stage, shouldnt they be looking for safety and security for their money rather than higher returns? Well, if you are into risk taking, this is the flipside.

Fixed deposits, whatever happened to them?

Status
Not open for further replies.