• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

A thought on Respect and Civility

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear VB sir,

May be this might be helpful.

Not all humans are capable of feeling guilty or remorse.

So there is no use trying to make one rule for entire humanity.

The world are made up of the good the bad and the ugly but this too is a perception.

Are we really good or are we really bad?

We might not know the truth cos truth itself is oriented to time,place and person.

Life is a constant battle of the polar opposites...these are our senses pulling us in different direction.

The reality is we are never in control of any situation at times we are not even in control of our selves.

As humans we have limitations when it comes to exerting control on others.

Last edited:

Doctor Mam,

What do you expect from other members?

You come here and say something which may or may not be relevant or may or may not be right.

And you don't want others to respond.

And if someone try to respond very decently to make clear the misrepresentation/wrong impression, now you will say that I am a victim of addiction.

I am in fact bored with all such messages which I have been reading everyday.

You are trying exhibit in all your posting a sense of
‘WISER THAN YOU’ attitude repeatedly.

And you are blessed with disciples to goad you now and then and boost you whenver you get tired.

For me I don’t need such exercise.

I leave it to the learned members here

Is there anything new....?

Good day. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Life is a constant battle of the polar opposites...these are our senses pulling us in different direction.

The reality is we are never in control of any situation at times we are not even in control of our selves.

As humans we have limitations when it comes to exerting control on others.
Meditation helps conquer one's control over oneself.
Humans exerting control over other's sounds like dictatorship and a dangerous concept and should be a useful limitation of human behavior.

Doctor Mam,

What do you expect from other members.

You come here and say something which may or may not be relevant or may or may not right.

And you don't want others to respond.

And if someone try to respond very decently to make clear the misrepresentation/wrong impression now you will say that I am a victim of addiction.

I am in fact bored with all such messages which I have been reading everyday.

You are trying exhibit in all your posting a sense of
‘WISER THAN YOU’ attitude repeatedly.

Adn you are blessed with disciples to goad you and boost you whenver you get tired.

For me I don’t need such exercise.

I leave it to the learned members here

Is there anything new....?

GHood day.

Dear Sir,

I do not expect anything from anyone but I am willing to accept differing opinions even though I might not agree with them.

Have I accused you of anything till now?

I have even given you the liberty to think I am bad or evil if that makes you happy.

I merely state my opinion..at times you say its not relevant than you say I project a wiser than thou image.

I have never stopped anyone from expressing their opinion even though I might have a total opposite opinion.

You say I do not want others to respond yet you respond to most posts I write and I too respond to your posts.

This shows that in no way I have stopped you or anyone else or stopped myself from an interacting with anyone.

I know some members might not like my style and call me stuff like not having intricate knowledge of anything yet chooses to write posts etc.

That's fine with me cos that is their opinion.

I do not..I repeat I do NOT project a Wiser than Thou attitude....I merely state my opinion.

If I can accept you the way you are why cant you accept me the way I am?

I do no have to become you and you do not have to become me.

And I do not terrorize the forum as you choose to imagine...please check some archives where I have provided sound advice to people who needed some advice with regards to depressive situations they have faced in life.BTW I am not the only one who has given helpful advice to some members.

This sticky thread is useful for newcomers and existing members. The discussions area is about respect and civility in our messages.

My request is that Chit chat nature of exchanges be best taken up via PM (Private Messages) or in the Chit Chat section if larger participation is warranted.

There is no point in having this thread and expect new members to "behave" when as, senior members, we resort to the same thing.
As i have always said, if you do not accept or agree with someone else's view point, just ignore and move on to another topic.

There is no need to counter him/her and expect them to keep quiet.

Ignore, move on if you do not conform to one's views.

IF you still want to go on, take it to private messages and deal with it (or the person) like mature adults.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back