• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

ஓ அமெரிக்கா ...

I guess tambrams are the ones who are attracted by the 'color'!! :hug:

This is what I notice in my circle of family and friends!! :D

Yes Sir! Most of the I T boys and girls from tambram community shift to the U S of A, via I I Ts and BITS Pilani! :plane:

பயமோ பயம்!

சென்னை வரணும் என்றாலே
சிந்தை கலங்குவர் NRI மக்கள்!

ஈரமான குளியல் அறைகள்;
ஈக்கள் மொய்க்கும் வீதிகள்;

நிலவில் இருப்பது போலவே
நிலவும் குழி நிறைச் சாலைகள்;

வயிற்று உபாதை தரும் குடி நீர்;
வஞ்சனை இல்லாத கொசுக் கடி!

இப்படி எத்தனையோ பயங்கள்;
இப்படி நிலைமை இருக்க - இனி

உலகில் உள்ள பல வியாதிகளும்
உலவும் என்ற பயமும் சேர்ந்தது!

:fear: . . . :scared:

வாழ்க சென்னை வெள்ளம்!!

Dear Krish Sir,

Today Ram's friend chatted for sometime about his son's arrival from the U S of A to get H1 visa stamping done.
He was worried so much about his son getting malaria, dengue, cholera or the most feared rat fever, during his visit!! :fear:

We had to console him for quite sometime and assure him that nothing adverse will happen. :D

This Topic has made its appearance after a long gap, but still it is worth analyzing because this Topic is such that it may have no end, since the traffic of young men & women is not going to come down . In the last few decades Tamil brahmin families realize the inevitable cyclic process& such families do want to enjoy visiting U.S with pride & getting their standard of living going up & & also count themselves as lucky, despite the likely problems of Old age, helplessness. What applies to one family, will not apply to the other. It would be interesting to know as to hou\w the old parents manage in India, when left to fend for themselves .
Such older couple , if can be enumerated , some common , workcable solution can be suggested by the Stalverts/knowledgeable men & women for the sake of the community .
Rishikesan (A.Srinivasan)

Dear Rishi Sir,

Thanks for your post.

I have seen a few parents of NRIs, who get fed up after a few visits to the U S of A, mainly because their baby sitting job is

not needed anymore. They too grow older and are unable to withstand the travel across the seas!

Some parents who get better facilities in life are not able to go back to a simple life and struggle when their son/ daughter find it difficult
to support them financially. That is why, I always write that blessed are the parents who are financially
independent! :peace:

கொடும் கோடை!

வெள்ளம் வந்து சென்னை மக்களின்
உள்ளம் உறைய வைத்தது போல,

கடும் பனிப் பொழிவால் அமெரிக்கா
நடு நடுங்கிப் போனது சமீபத்தில்!

இயற்கை ஆய்வாளர்கள் உரைப்பர்
இயற்கையில் வரும் மாற்றங்களை.

கடும் வெய்யிலால் இந்த ஆண்டில்
கொடும் கோடை வருத்திடுமாம்!

வருத்திடுமோ? வறுத்திடுமோ?
பொறுத்திருந்து அறிந்திடுவோம்!

ஊறுகாயும், முறுக்கு வகைகளும்
தீராத ஆவலுடன் எதிர்பார்த்திடும்

அமெரிக்க வாழ் இளசு கேட்கிறது,
அழகிய பருத்திப் போர்வைகளை!

:decision:

அமெரிக்காவில் குலவை!!

சிறுவர் பிறந்த நாளுக்கு - இங்கு

அருமையான பார்ட்டி உண்டு.

சீனியர் ஆகிவிட்டாலோ கோவில்
சென்று வருவதுதானே நன்று?

நேற்று நாங்கள் சென்று வந்தது
அருகில் உள்ள துர்கா கோவில்.

கல்கத்தா காளியின் உருவம்
அற்புதமாய் ஒரு சன்னதியில்.

அர்ச்சகர் பெங்காலி; எனவே
அர்ச்சனை அவர் மொழியிலே!

சிவப்பு உடை; அடர்ந்த ஜடை;
நமக்கு அச்சம் தரும் விதம்

அடிக்கடி குலவை செய்திட,
துடித்தது இதயம் அதிர்வில்!

இப்படி ஒரு பூஜையை - நான்
எப்போதும் கண்டது
இல்லை!

:hail:

Dear Raji Ram, What a queer coincidence ? I am both Rishikesan & A.srinivasan who wrote few days back suggesting a Get together in Kodambakkam You wrote that when you return from U.S we can meet

To-day when this topic suddenly appeared, I was pleasantly surprized More so because You have wonderfully & cogently listed about America ( I went 2/3 times by then & also going for 6 months from May
Again hats off to you for a very clear narration,Really you have talent . I am happy to greet you
A.Srinivasan ( Rishikesan )

அமெரிக்காவில் குலவை!!

அருமையான பார்ட்டி உண்டு.

சென்று வருவதுதானே நன்று?

கல்கத்தா காளியின் உருவம்

அர்ச்சகர் பெங்காலி; எனவே
அர்ச்சனை அவர் மொழியிலே!

அடிக்கடி குலவை செய்திட,

இப்படி ஒரு பூஜையை - நான்
எப்போதும் கண்டது
இல்லை!

Nice to see you in the U.S
Am in Phoneix AZ staying in my younger son Sathesh sivashanmugam's home. We are going to San Antonio TX at June. Back to India on September 19

Last edited:
Dear Rishi Sir,

Thanks for your reply. In fact, the write-ups appearing in this thread started my interest in sharing my experiences in this forum.

P J Sir wanted to delete this thread because of the negatives (in my POV) I have written about the life style here. :)

Later on, I found out that he is one of the family friends of Ram's brother. Very strange, right? :D

அமெரிக்காவில் குலவை!!

அருமையான பார்ட்டி உண்டு.

சென்று வருவதுதானே நன்று?

கல்கத்தா காளியின் உருவம்

அர்ச்சகர் பெங்காலி; எனவே
அர்ச்சனை அவர் மொழியிலே!

அடிக்கடி குலவை செய்திட,

இப்படி ஒரு பூஜையை - நான்
எப்போதும் கண்டது
இல்லை!

hi

we have KALI TEMPLE here...its purely bengali temple....the priest is bengali tooo..very close to washington d c area....

Last week we went to the Maha Ganapati Temple in Maricopa. AZ This is 60 miles away from our Phoenix. An interesting news about this temple is that this was constructed by the Tamils. We have Lord Subramaniam with his chummy Valli and Devayanai

Last edited:
Last week we went to the Maha Ganapati Temple in Maricopa. AZ This is 60 miles away from our Phoenix. An interesting news about this temple is that this was constructed by the Tamils. We have Lord Subramaniam with his chummy Valli and Devayanai

shan, here is a link to the toronto hindu temple.

this temple too was built by the tamils, but sri lankan tamils. when i say they 'built' it, they were the ones who personally laid the bricks, put the cement, did the roof, did the wiring, fans, aircondition and everything else. by their own hands. canada was very fortunate, in one way, to accept a large number of sri lankan tamils fleeing the civil war, and they came with practical skills like electricians, plumbing, brick laying etc and these they used and built the temple with love and reverence.

it was started by south indians but was just one little shed for ganesha. now i think we have the largest icon of murugan outside of palni, if i am not mistaken. the temple adheres to the traditions of chidambaram, which appears to be the main guidance for the sri lankan tamils.

over 95% of the attendees are sl tamils, and we find the temple overflowing on festival days. the indians come in dribs and drabs, for some bajanais, and vaishnavites for the exclusive perumal corner. all in all, it caters to all aspects of tamil hinduism.

Latest ads

Back