• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Yet another taboo marriage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Renukaji,

Your post #50;

I enjoyed reading every line of it. And finally this bouncer flattened me:

LORL!! OMG!! I am supposed to be an ultra conservative Tambram Maama and see where I have finally landed up.

Dear Vaagmi ji,

Thanks for having a sense of humor..its a rare gift.

Last edited:
moral of the interactions between veterans
talk on dressing ,grooming ,women rights,kalki and such issues boldly
then finally say husband is a prized possession like a trophy to be carried thru life to satisfy tamil mamas and mamis
and stick to spirtuality.
anti biotics and vitamins for TBs to remove all poisons

I saw an interesting hindi film Queen. Kangna ranaut ,the heroine is forced to face marriage cancellation two days before date of marriage and she decides to go on her honeymoon alone to paris and amsterdam. she explores these places with unknown friends -boys of different nationalities she shares a flat with. she relates to them ,gets a feeling of independance,freedom and self worth.On return to India she finds it difficult to accept the man who called off the marriage with her and tries to renew the relationship with her and go thru the marriage with her.she has made a statement for all women in india. times have changed. all this kallalum kanavan etc -in which world are you living?

I saw an interesting hindi film Queen. Kangna ranaut ,the heroine is forced to face marriage cancellation two days before date of marriage and she decides to go on her honeymoon alone to paris and amsterdam. she explores these places with unknown friends -boys of different nationalities she shares a flat with. she relates to them ,gets a feeling of independance,freedom and self worth.On return to India she finds it difficult to accept the man who called off the marriage with her and tries to renew the relationship with her and go thru the marriage with her.she has made a statement for all women in india. times have changed. all this kallalum kanavan etc -in which world are you living?

OMG the story is so similar to a English movie I saw once where a woman has her marriage called off and then she travels to Ireland and then comes back and does not want to accept the man again.

But in this story she meets a nice Irish man who is s divorcee with a daughter and he falls for her and she also falls for him.

BTW Krish ji..the Kallanalum Kanavan line you are reading in this thread was edited by moderator..so reading the edited version would not make any sense.

Well what to do? someone must have reported that to moderator..some apparently innocent person who somehow still understands everything I hint about!LOL

Last edited:
So there is a feeling among current generation of educated, liberated, mobile women that Indian men are no good. It might be better to snag a (preferably rich) white man. Is that true?

So there is a feeling among current generation of educated, liberated, mobile women that Indian men are no good. It might be better to snag a (preferably rich) white man. Is that true?

I dont feel any one race is better than the other.
Its hard to know what lies ahead ..so the best is to take one day at a time.

We Indians tend to look for perfection..perfection does not exists..ups and downs in life are just part of life.

The smart person faces it..that is the difference.

So there is no Mr Right or Ms Right..its just doing what is right for the moment.

I dont feel any one race is better than the other.
Its hard to know what lies ahead ..so the best is to take one day at a time.
We Indians tend to look for perfection..perfection does not exists..ups and downs in life are just part of life.
The smart person faces it..that is the difference.
So there is no Mr Right or Ms Right..its just doing what is right for the moment.

Renukaji,

Yes. Take one day at a time and live it. See whatever right is there in the Mr or Ms Right you have chosen and forgive or tolerate the wrongs in that Mr/Ms Right. When the limit is crossed give a few chances to work out a self correction. When that too does not happen call it quits. Try a new Mr/Ms Right if you are still on this side of the age-vector where the harmones still kick in and sends you crashing occasionally. If you have travelled far enough in the vector and the harmones leave you just staggering and if you are still able to carry on, then invest in a flat in an old-age home in Coimbatore for the rainy day. Living alone is not a serious problem. The soul is ever lonely.

Renukaji,

Yes. Take one day at a time and live it. See whatever right is there in the Mr or Ms Right you have chosen and forgive or tolerate the wrongs in that Mr/Ms Right. When the limit is crossed give a few chances to work out a self correction. When that too does not happen call it quits. Try a new Mr/Ms Right if you are still on this side of the age-vector where the harmones still kick in and sends you crashing occasionally. If you have travelled far enough in the vector and the harmones leave you just staggering and if you are still able to carry on, then invest in a flat in an old-age home in Coimbatore for the rainy day. Living alone is not a serious problem. The soul is ever lonely.

LOL!

This gets even better..you are like old wine yaar..you get better as you age on daily basis!

BTW what has age got to do with trying for a Mr/Ms right? Hormones(pronounced Harmones Indian style) can be activated anytime when the mind is ready.

Love is a feeling that can defy time and space too.

So any young chick or young dude or and old Maama or a Maami can fall in love anytime..all they need after a certain age is to jump start the batteries.

Just like how we jump start a car when the battery is flat..connect the cables to the right points and start the engine and the car runs..but when a car is running on a jump started battery..one must make sure the engine does not 'die' till we reach home..so for an automatic car its no problem cos engine does not die unless we stop the car but in a stick shift car one needs to make sure engine does not die.

So it all depends on the ammunition and how we drive the car of life.

BTW why are you recommending Coimbatore?? Is there where you live???LOL

Coimbatore has a pleasant climate, ooty-kodai-yercaud are reasonably close, better civic sense, many old age homes, and a lot more.

LOL!

1. This gets even better..you are like old wine yaar..you get better as you age on daily basis!
2. BTW what has age got to do with trying for a Mr/Ms right? Hormones(pronounced Harmones Indian style) can be activated anytime when the mind is ready.
3. Love is a feeling that can defy time and space too. So any young chick or young dude or and old Maama or a Maami can fall in love anytime..all they need after a certain age is to jump start the batteries.
4. Just like how we jump start a car when the battery is flat..connect the cables to the right points and start the engine and the car runs..but when a car is running on a jump started battery..one must make sure the engine does not 'die' till we reach home..so for an automatic car its no problem cos engine does not die unless we stop the car but in a stick shift car one needs to make sure engine does not die.
So it all depends on the ammunition and how we drive the car of life.
5. BTW why are you recommending Coimbatore?? Is there where you live???LOL

Renukaji,

Numbers for convenience of reference.

1. I choose to pass this condescension.

2. Age has a lot to do with the level of hormones or harmones whatever it is. (Every time I type this, this typo occurs. I do not know why.) I mentioned this in my post. The important physical need for a partner (not just a friend) comes because of hormones. It is a primordial life force which is hardcoded into every human being. If it comes with a lot of love it is all the better.

3. The love spoken of here is quite different from the physical need. There is no way any jump starting can be done with a physical system which is creaking at its joints.

4. For jumpstarting a car there is no need at all to tamper with the cables. After taking care that you are not on a down or up gradient, just get someone to push the car and switch on the engine when your car is on gear. You have to just allow the clutch to slip gradually. Coming to our example this is a situation where there is no use getting some outside help to push.

5. There are any number of well furnished, well appointed old age homes in Coimbatore and it is wise to go and live there if one has come to the last phase of life with no one else to tug at his/her coat/apron. My friends have settled down there and one has bought a flat in one of the condominiums there for old age - when it comes. I live in Chennai and I do not visit Coimbatore often because my connections are with the southern districts of Madurai and Nellai. I am a Nellaiththamizhan down to the last cell.

Last edited:
cal system which is creaking at its joints.

4. For jumpstarting a car there is no need at all to tamper with the cables. After taking care that you are not on a down or up gradient, just get someone to push the car and switch on the engine when your car is on gear. You have to just allow the clutch to slip gradually. Coming to our example this is a situation where there is no use getting some outside help to push.

Dear Vaagmi ji,

This method does not work well for an automatic car..its works better on a non automatic and also its less hassle to jump start the car with cables cos no need to ask anyone to push it..just get another car battery and jump start...so always make sure cables are in car.all you need is yourself and another kind soul to lend his battery for a jumpstart.

Jump start works 100%..where else pushing for an automatic car does not really work at all.

BTW why would I want to go to Coimbatore? I can very well stay in Malaysia.I prefer the food here..we have a lots of various green leafy vegetables that I have never seen in India and further more this is home for me...Motherland is greater than even heaven..so no leaving Malaysia my land of birth.

India is a nice place to visit no doubt but I still need to come home to Malaysia.

Renukaji,

Wow. Should I really read this as written? Vaagmi is advising Renuka how to find Mr Right and if it doesn't work, she should retire to Coimbatore? Amazing, personal advice.

Wow. Should I really read this as written? Vaagmi is advising Renuka how to find Mr Right and if it doesn't work, she should retire to Coimbatore? Amazing, personal advice.

All advices in this forum (except the ones where questions are asked about the religious rituals), are meant for the benefit of the unknown, anonymous, faceless boy/girl, man/woman, member/reader and hence are addressed in the second person singular. If you go back in the sequence of posts you will realise that I have only concurred with what Renukaji said in an earlier post. Try to read posts in their proper context. Vaagmi knows that Renukaji is married, having children/child, living with her family in Malaysia.

......... Vaagmi knows that Renukaji is married, having children/child, living with her family in Malaysia.
Dear Vaagmi Sir,
I thought you are an keen reader of all posts by Renu! :ranger:

How come you forgot that she has a son as a single child? :confused:

Dear Vaagmi Sir,
I thought you are an keen reader of all posts by Renu! :ranger:

How come you forgot that she has a son as a single child? :confused:

Dear RR,

Whatever I read here, I read with keen interest. That is because it is fourth quadrant activity for me and I allocate adequate time for that. I knew that Renukaji has a son but I did not know that he is the only child for her. I will keep this in mind. Thanks.

Dear Vaagmi ji,

This method does not work well for an automatic car..its works better on a non automatic and also its less hassle to jump start the car with cables cos no need to ask anyone to push it..just get another car battery and jump start...so always make sure cables are in car.all you need is yourself and another kind soul to lend his battery for a jumpstart.

Jump start works 100%..where else pushing for an automatic car does not really work at all.

BTW why would I want to go to Coimbatore? I can very well stay in Malaysia.I prefer the food here..we have a lots of various green leafy vegetables that I have never seen in India and further more this is home for me...Motherland is greater than even heaven..so no leaving Malaysia my land of birth.

India is a nice place to visit no doubt but I still need to come home to Malaysia.

That was a general recommendation addressed to the anonymous reader. You stay put in Malaysia which is your mother nation. Have you ever visited the silent valley in the western ghats or the garhwali Himalayas? Visit at least once. The flora and fauna are simply breathtaking.

Renukaji,

Your post #50;

I enjoyed reading every line of it. And finally this bouncer flattened me:

LORL!! OMG!! I am supposed to be an ultra conservative Tambram Maama and see where I have finally landed up.

This remind me of a proverb : if you play with cats, don't be surprised if you get scratched and if you play with dirt etc....

That was a general recommendation addressed to the anonymous reader. You stay put in Malaysia which is your mother nation. Have you ever visited the silent valley in the western ghats or the garhwali Himalayas? Visit at least once. The flora and fauna are simply breathtaking.

Dear Vaagmi ji,

Yup..I knew that was not addressed to me alone.."You" is 2nd person singular for general statements.I was just replying you for fun.

BTW I am not much of a traveler. I am basically kind of "homely"..dont like to travel here and there.I rather just go where it does not involve too much travel.

So nope..I know I wont visit Himalayas etc..totally no interest.

Namaskar.

We are ignoring the true taboo marriages which the Bombay film industry is promoting with the express intent of attacing the Sanatana Dharma. It is the same as depicting Sufism as "all-good" and Sanatana Dharma as inherently evil and deserving to be battled and to be eliminated by all moral souls. Strangely, the Dwarkadheesha Shankaracharya is more enamored of his follies, projects, prestige and financial ins and outs to restrain such notable shishyas as Digvijaya Singh whose function in political life is to bait, humiliate and otherwise weaken the Sanatana Dharma as a flunkey of a group that is crusading against the said Dharma.

Now coming back to the Mumbai group: marriage between Sanatana women and another prominent faith which demands conversion as the primary condition for the marriage. Sharmila Thakur was the first willing goat. Her children, Saif Ali Khan, continues the vampire mode in several different ways: Kareena Kapoor. Soha Ali Khan acts in films created by the neo-buddhist, expressly anti-Hindu Nandita Das, such as the FIRAAQ, whose entire agenda is to malign the Sanatana Dharma. Rahul Bose and Mahesh Bhatt, hiding under a Brahman name but an open muslim and virulent anti-Hindu, are other example. My question is, if you change your religion, why not change your name as well?

The problem is not with Tamil girls marrying Hindu boys. From what I have seen of this world, if Cricket Srinivasan can claim to be a brahman, then a pig and other satanic elements are to be honored as Mahabrahmanas. People are operating liquor factories, selling liquor, running restaurant chains profiting from Chinese food, selling pork, beef and so on [Mainland China], and still want to be called brahmanas? Cannot be! The Lord is clearly saying, GUNA & KARMA determine. AGAIN, in the YAKSHAPRASHNA, the Dharmaraja, unequivocally demands from Yudhishthira, what defines a brahmana. Manumaharaja clearly explains the boundaries and limits of a brahmanas needs and the circumstances of his life, the SIX endeavors to which he is limited. Stock markets, politics, and a whole host of activities do NOT fall into these categories. So either we are 100% observant, or we cherry-pick according to our convenience, and claim that the Sanatana Dharma is to be modified with respect to the Adyatana Dharma, and like homeopathic formulations, when diluted beyond nothingness, gains more strength thereby!!!!

The threat is 2-fold and more. In our households there is no valid religious training, nothing that offers children the solid SPIRITUAL basis that gives them the wherewithal for their questions and real problems about sex, about issues of right, wrong, good, bad, about mental problems, about marital discord. We are afraid to confront that our shastras have profundity and also lack a lot about human experience such as mental disease and many other issues. In short, they are unable to traverse the entire range of human condition. They are profound where their core competence lies. AND many shastras specialize in many different parts of the spectrum. We forget this truth and think that only our sectarian leaders, Ramanuja, or Madhva, or whoever, had the whole 9 yards down pat. WRONG! These saints are like slices of a pie, perfect from the edge of the crust right to the center, but THEY ARE NOT the whole pie. Not Sarvabhauma.

No one is, not Jesus, NOT the many branches of Buddhism, not anyone, and no one will ever be. That is something our hyper-religious pietism ignores, and this is why we have our children becoming dissatisfied and breaking away, feeling secretly that their parents are ill-informed, blind, obtuse, stupid, ignorant, hypocritical, or unable to see deeply enough, lacking antardrishti, prajnanam, let alone samjnanam. That is why they find solace in each other, charismatic devils like the ones springing up in India, or in songs, or in each other. Muslims are rigid and that too is a safe harbor. ONLY Hindus run around trying to say, Oh, everyone is wonderful and equally good. NO! That is not true. Some faiths are false, are condemnable and are to be wiped out from the face of the Universe.

Hindus are so poorly informed that they do not know that the Kalachakra Tantra has been generated with the express need to remove from Reality a particular faith. We have shut ourselves off from the needs and pain of so many that we are rendering ourselves clownish, puerile and helpless against our own sworn enemies, the worst of which arise from our own loins. When we are unable to frame the argument in coherent terms the war is lost, and not just the battle. Today I see brahmanas as clever children but fit only to be servants, not masters, incapable of unity, incapable of understanding the broad issues, and incapable of synthesizing knowledge and information on a vast scale and subjecting these to profound analysis. The capacity for being sArvabhauma, that should arise with being a true brahmana, has become almost extinct. We have become idiotic clerks, karanikas, slaves to degraded superiors, self-satisfied fools irrelevant beasts, and deserve an ignominious end.

Mahaswamigal remarked on a muslim fakir who mischievously and gratuitously cast magical spells on the great peetham at Sri anchipuram. Not a single mantra pushta brahmana was available there to counter this vile alien. A search had to be made until the great Thanjavur Sundaresha Swamigal was found. How have brahmanas fallen, when they can talk endlessly but the vilest of others are destroying their dharma and they are unable to do anything. They decorate temples with absurd fairy lights but cannot provide facilities for pilgrims, or any thought for the disposition of temple revenue. The list goes on. What a crisis we are facing against the onslaught of certain ideologies and there is no sense of coming together and preparing for a dharmayuddha.

Namaskar.

Dear Renu,

I am very different from you! Of course, I like to stay at home but also like to entertain guests.

Recently I went with Ram to Shimla for sightseeing and also had a scary pony ride! :)

Dear Renu,

I am very different from you! Of course, I like to stay at home but also like to entertain guests.

Recently I went with Ram to Shimla for sightseeing and also had a scary pony ride! :)

Dear RR ji,

We both are different as Aharnisham (day and night)..

Lets see what we share in common.

1)I like to stay at home but rather be with no guest!LOL Dont like visiting people too cos if I visit them that means I have to entertain them at home one day..so now way man!

2)I dont like travel that much..Even out here I dont like travelling..if I go its just for my son's sake but I rather be at home watching NCIS or reading a book or cooking some new dish.I like to do some crochet to make simple stuff like small bags and hair scrunchies etc...I travel to India mainly to buy Sanskrit books.

3)Nope..I dont like horse ride or pony ride..I do not like the idea of making animals do what nature never intended them too.I wonder how will a spine of a horse/pony will be after many years of carrying load.

RR ji..its seems that we have nothing in common!LOL

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back