• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Worshipping of Lord Siva Vishnu and Brahma during Navaratri

Status
Not open for further replies.
Navaratri is celebrated for worhshipping devis--Durga Lakshmi and Saraswati. During this time if we worship their consorts Siva Vishnu and Brahma will this prayer will be fruitful?

Looking at it from a different angle...the 3 Devis represent Nature..Prakirti deified into feminine goddesses.

Its for getting a grip of the 3 Gunas of Nature which is also present in ourselves ....that is the basis of Navaratri.

So one has to "tame" Prakirti before one can get to Purusha.

Navaratri is celebrated for worhshipping devis--Durga Lakshmi and Saraswati. During this time if we worship their consorts Siva Vishnu and Brahma will this prayer will be fruitful?

Isnt the "pati" god for the "patni"???

Gods and their consorts are never different. Always we say "Sametha...that is Lakshmi sametha Vishnu, Sakthi sametha Shiva, Saraswathi Sametha Brahma"...Therefore if you worship, three devis it also automatically goes to devas or gods also. All Gods and Goddess in form are embodiments of three Gunas only. Therefore Prakriti nature applies to Gods also if they are with their Gunas.That is why we say Saguna Brahman and Nirguna Brahman.

Gods and their consorts are never different. .........
1. Lord Siva danced with the body of Sati Devi and the parts of the body, cut by Sudharsana chakra, fell in

different places on the earth and became Shakthi peethas. :pray:

2. Sri Lakshmi Devi once left Vishnu and this made Him get a huge loan from Kubera, which he is still repaying!

Don't these stories make the Goddesses and their consorts different? :)

Looking at it from a different angle...the 3 Devis represent Nature..Prakirti deified into feminine goddesses.

Its for getting a grip of the 3 Gunas of Nature which is also present in ourselves ....that is the basis of Navaratri.

So one has to "tame" Prakirti before one can get to Purusha.
Is it applicable only during navaratri time or all the times?

Gods and their consorts are never different. Always we say "Sametha...that is Lakshmi sametha Vishnu, Sakthi sametha Shiva, Saraswathi Sametha Brahma"...Therefore if you worship, three devis it also automatically goes to devas or gods also. All Gods and Goddess in form are embodiments of three Gunas only. Therefore Prakriti nature applies to Gods also if they are with their Gunas.That is why we say Saguna Brahman and Nirguna Brahman.

I am aware of this. But these 9 days are powerful days for Shakti and the ratio of benefit only am asking. It is not that we will not pray Vishnu etc.

Is it applicable only during navaratri time or all the times?

Its applicable at all times but Navaratri serves as a reminder for us humans.

But the problem is everyone only gets into a spiritual frenzy for 9 days and for the rest of the year they revert to their old behavior.

1. Lord Siva danced with the body of Sati Devi and the parts of the body, cut by Sudharsana chakra, fell in

different places on the earth and became Shakthi peethas. :pray:

2. Sri Lakshmi Devi once left Vishnu and this made Him get a huge loan from Kubera, which he is still repaying!

Don't these stories make the Goddesses and their consorts different? :)

I think this argument could work both ways :

1. Same Lord Shiva gave her half of his body- became Ardha-naareeshwara...
2. Vishnu could not bear that separation and chased to find her as Padmavati....who remains always in his heart..

So on both these occasions they found to be inseparable..

In Bhavagad Gita Krishna says whomever worships in whatever form, whomever worshiping the demi gods are indirectly worshiping me only and I am giving the fruits to the devotee according to the way and through the god or goddess , a human being worships. These are all our perceptions only. All gods are same and unique only.Just like a house is having Front Hall, kitchen and drawing room,etc., these are all part of one god only. The stories which earlier told is because they want to separately glorify those goddess power through Saktha worship or worship of sakthi.

Its applicable at all times but Navaratri serves as a reminder for us humans.

But the problem is everyone only gets into a spiritual frenzy for 9 days and for the rest of the year they revert to their old behavior.

Nowadays it got diminished it seems--

I think this argument could work both ways :

1. Same Lord Shiva gave her half of his body- became Ardha-naareeshwara...
2. Vishnu could not bear that separation and chased to find her as Padmavati....who remains always in his heart..

So on both these occasions they found to be inseparable..

Apt answer

Everyone does NOT follow scriptural reference!
We can choose the Ishta Deivam and :pray: OR be an atheist and :couch2:.

It is absolutely one's own choice! :decision:

BTW why is an Iyengar so interested in worship of Shiva on Navaratri?LOL

Last edited:
In Bhavagad Gita Krishna says whomever worships in whatever form, whomever worshiping the demi gods are indirectly worshiping me only and I am giving the fruits to the devotee according to the way and through the god or goddess , a human being worships. These are all our perceptions only. All gods are same and unique only.Just like a house is having Front Hall, kitchen and drawing room,etc., these are all part of one god only. The stories which earlier told is because they want to separately glorify those goddess power through Saktha worship or worship of sakthi.

I clicked Thumbs Up for this.

Could not agree more.

Keep it up.

First, Krishna was a human being and he was an avatar of a God. By your statement, it seems he got the Power of Attorney and acts as a middle man for religion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back