• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Worshipping Mother Annapurna at home

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

shivagami

Namaste guruji.....My husband is not eating and ignoring to eat....refusing to come to medical checkup....But in a devotional(matha rasipalan)book, it is mentioned that worshipping mother annapoorna in home will give her blessings and those who are refusing and ignoring food will eat due to her blessings....but I don't know the proper way to keep her photo in my pooja room...kindly guide me that what are the rules,procedure to keep maa in pooja room and what I want to offer her to seek her blessings and what I should not do?what flower she like?and don't like?how to make her happy?.....shivagami:D

have these qualities with you. DAYA=to be compassionate to those who are in trouble. SHANTH= to be calm and not to retort even if one spoken ill of you or beaten. ANASUYA= not to be jealous towards persons who are superior in wordly attainments. SOUCHAM= keeping the body pure and mind pure with good qualities. ANAYASAM= mangalam= avoiding things which are beyond our power even if they are good. AKARPANYAM= daily giving charity however small without grudging. ASPRAHA= being content with what one has and not to covet others property. SATHYAM= to speak the truth as one sees or knows. AHIMSA= not to harm others on any account. you have to surrender completely to goddess lalitha . which is enough.to solve all your problems.

have these qualities with you. DAYA=to be compassionate to those who are in trouble. SHANTH= to be calm and not to retort even if one spoken ill of you or beaten. ANASUYA= not to be jealous towards persons who are superior in wordly attainments. SOUCHAM= keeping the body pure and mind pure with good qualities. ANAYASAM= mangalam= avoiding things which are beyond our power even if they are good. AKARPANYAM= daily giving charity however small without grudging. ASPRAHA= being content with what one has and not to covet others property. SATHYAM= to speak the truth as one sees or knows. AHIMSA= not to harm others on any account. you have to surrender completely to goddess lalitha . which is enough.to solve all your problems.
guruji.....your valuble words are very informative to me....these words a good guide to led a good life....defintly i will follow...thanks a lot...shivagami

Sister - Do not wait for the "right" procedure, which is always a matter of interpretation. Pls. keep an idol/picture of maa Annapoorna in the puja room. Start by Ganesha vandanam, abhisheka, pushpa samarpanam followed by chanting Annapoorna ashtakam (available on the net). After pooja pls. do neivedhiyam and kalpuram aarthi.
What is important in purity of thought and mind. Annapoorna maa will herself guide you to the right procedure. Pls. start the pooja immediately.

Sister - Do not wait for the "right" procedure, which is always a matter of interpretation. Pls. keep an idol/picture of maa Annapoorna in the puja room. Start by Ganesha vandanam, abhisheka, pushpa samarpanam followed by chanting Annapoorna ashtakam (available on the net). After pooja pls. do neivedhiyam and kalpuram aarthi.
What is important in purity of thought and mind. Annapoorna maa will herself guide you to the right procedure. Pls. start the pooja immediately.
........Thanks a lot for the guidance sir...

While performing daily pooja on ekadasi day, can we offer neivedyam to god? I am not clear about the procedure as per our sastras.Clarification on this will be useful.

I got a photo of maa Annapurna...and offering...banana...sometimes...rice....sometimes...sugar with pottu kadala...sometimes...karumbuchakkarai with pottukadala...daily playing nithyanandhakree sloka...between 6pm to 7.30pm once...that's it....I became happy...I hope she also will be happy...because I am having affection on her...

You must do neivedhyam on ekaadasi day. to god.you are only showing to god that you got some food for this day by his grace which is called neivedhyam.

Namaste guruji.....My husband is not eating and ignoring to eat....refusing to come to medical checkup....But in a devotional(matha rasipalan)book, it is mentioned that worshipping mother annapoorna in home will give her blessings and those who are refusing and ignoring food will eat due to her blessings....but I don't know the proper way to keep her photo in my pooja room...kindly guide me that what are the rules,procedure to keep maa in pooja room and what I want to offer her to seek her blessings and what I should not do?what flower she like?and don't like?how to make her happy?.....shivagami:D

Smt. Shivagami,

There are enough members here to tender advice on topics like poojas, gods, prayes etc. But from whatever you have posted so far (unless these are all just falsehoods made in order to fool us) you have a small child and now you say your husband is not eating and ignoring to eat. You say that he is refusing to come to medical checkup also.

Either he knows what his disease is or may be there is some other psychological reason. But not eating is not at all a good symptom and this could mean even very serious diseases. So, if you do not want to repent later on, please beg him to come with you to a good allopathic doctor and get the necessary tests done. Annapoorna will not be able to do even the smallest stethoscope examination on your husband since she (annapoorna) cannot come in person. So, please don't live in a bygone era, and rush him to a good doctor.

For your information (if you are less than 30 to 35 years old) perhaps you may not know how we in India suffered on account of small-pox every year and lakhs of people died. We were using religion to ward off this disease, just as you plan to do pooja to Annapoorna now, but nothing happened. It was only the allopathic "vaccination" (அம்மை ஊசி) which ultimately could wipe out this disease from the world.

Therefore, please do not take the pooja, prayer, god/goddess, swamiji/guruji line for all things; one should use appropriate methods for each problem.

Smt. Shivagami,

There are enough members here to tender advice on topics like poojas, gods, prayes etc. But from whatever you have posted so far (unless these are all just falsehoods made in order to fool us) you have a small child and now you say your husband is not eating and ignoring to eat. You say that he is refusing to come to medical checkup also.

Either he knows what his disease is or may be there is some other psychological reason. But not eating is not at all a good symptom and this could mean even very serious diseases. So, if you do not want to repent later on, please beg him to come with you to a good allopathic doctor and get the necessary tests done. Annapoorna will not be able to do even the smallest stethoscope examination on your husband since she (annapoorna) cannot come in person. So, please don't live in a bygone era, and rush him to a good doctor.

For your information (if you are less than 30 to 35 years old) perhaps you may not know how we in India suffered on account of small-pox every year and lakhs of people died. We were using religion to ward off this disease, just as you plan to do pooja to Annapoorna now, but nothing happened. It was only the allopathic "vaccination" (அம்மை ஊசி) which ultimately could wipe out this disease from the world.

Therefore, please do not take the pooja, prayer, god/goddess, swamiji/guruji line for all things; one should use appropriate methods for each problem.
Ok sir

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back