• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Even Americans started worshipping Hindu Gods

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not? To me, it sounds like some news... because to me it appears our Sanathana Dharma is finding acceptance among Westerners and is spreading all over the world!

Sanathana Dharma ki Jai Ho! :)
Does it really matters?
Do our Gods care?

A friend of mine from Gym has a beautiful Tattoo of Ganesha on his right calf. I asked him why he got it? He said his mother went to India and brought him a Ganesha statue. He fell in love with it and now is a Ganesha Bhakta. He wished to visit India and see for himself, he wanted to go to Maharashtra during Ganesha Pooja time. I was happy, then I was worried that he may be disappointed, if he got treated badly by these fanatic Hindutva people. They might consider it an insult that he got tattoo of Ganesh on his leg.

Does it really matters?
Do our Gods care?

A friend of mine from Gym has a beautiful Tattoo of Ganesha on his right calf. I asked him why he got it? He said his mother went to India and brought him a Ganesha statue. He fell in love with it and now is a Ganesha Bhakta. He wished to visit India and see for himself, he wanted to go to Maharashtra during Ganesha Pooja time. I was happy, then I was worried that he may be disappointed, if he got treated badly by these fanatic Hindutva people. They might consider it an insult that he got tattoo of Ganesh on his leg.

One of the liberated TB father can encourage one of his more liberated daughters to marry (temporarily) this man so that she can explain the hindutva crowd the greatness of having Ganesha in the calf muscles. She can even spin a theory which will explain how calf muscles pump blood and keep the heart healthy and So Ganesha is right in the heart of the man. She can even compare the Greek mythology and Indian belief system and tell the impressed crowd that calf muscles are one notch above the (achilles')heel and so her lover has honoured the Indian system by having his calf muscles tattooed. LOL.

One of the liberated TB father can encourage one of his more liberated daughters to marry (temporarily) this man so that she can explain the hindutva crowd the greatness of having Ganesha in the calf muscles. She can even spin a theory which will explain how calf muscles pump blood and keep the heart healthy and So Ganesha is right in the heart of the man. She can even compare the Greek mythology and Indian belief system and tell the impressed crowd that calf muscles are one notch above the (achilles')heel and so her lover has honoured the Indian system by having his calf muscles tattooed. LOL.

Is this piece supposed to convey any meaning? Or is it supposed to be funny? Or it was written after few XXX (you know what)?
Or are you poking fun at a Liberated TB (that you have not named)? Or you consider women to be a chattel? I did not get it.

Why not? To me, it sounds like some news... because to me it appears our Sanathana Dharma is finding acceptance among Westerners and is spreading all over the world!

Sanathana Dharma ki Jai Ho! :)

I googled for this term Sanathana Dharma - it means no beginning or ending and applies to all people including non Hindus. Some people in the west may be captivated by Hindu icon of worship. How is the deity and worship equates accepting Sanathana Dharma? I dont get it, Instead of looking at a cross they see a statue of Ganesha

I googled for this term Sanathana Dharma - it means no beginning or ending and applies to all people including non Hindus. Some people in the west may be captivated by Hindu icon of worship. How is the deity and worship equates accepting Sanathana Dharma? I dont get it, Instead of looking at a cross they see a statue of Ganesha

You are so right,
A piece of colored cloth in certain pattern (Flag) becomes the symbol of a country and is honored. Similarly a statue, picture or other object can represent God. The object is not exclusive to at religion, just as piece of cloth is not exclusive to that country.

... How is the deity and worship equates accepting Sanathana Dharma? I dont get it, Instead of looking at a cross they see a statue of Ganesha

"Seeing" is not the action here, for then they could very well be seeing a piece of cloth or a dollar bill, but "believing" what the statue stands for; this symbolism of what the statue represents comes from a religion that is supposed to exist for aeons. Hope this helps.

Today I was in a taxi in Ho Chi Minh City in Vietnam..There was a mini statue of Buddha in the taxi dashboard! I exclaimed Oh Buddha! With a reverence the taxi driver looked at me..His voice was a mixture of disbelief (He did not know the origins of Buddha & so did not expect a foreigner to know his God) and with eyes wide open he also uttered Buddha..I did not understand his language but Buddha made us to get closer...So where ever cultural connect is there bonding increases..I see this strongly within the Sunni Muslim groups too

Incidentally as per latest census in 1999, 81.7 % of Vietnamese have declared atheism as their religion...9.6% proclaim as followers of Buddha

Last edited:
Is this piece supposed to convey any meaning? Or is it supposed to be funny? Or it was written after few XXX (you know what)?
Or are you poking fun at a Liberated TB (that you have not named)? Or you consider women to be a chattel? I did not get it.

Those majority here who have understood have understood. Some pretend they have not understood though they have understood and are peeved. I know you got it alright and that is enough for me. LOL.

Those majority here who have understood have understood. Some pretend they have not understood though they have understood and are peeved. I know you got it alright and that is enough for me. LOL.

It was a genuine question on my part. I am not into riddles and guessing game.
Thanks anyway.

It was a genuine question on my part. I am not into riddles and guessing game.
Thanks anyway.

What appears to be riddles are in fact Koans. Read Zen Budhdhism and then -this is most important-meditate. You will know what is said by a Koan. LOL.

"Seeing" is not the action here, for then they could very well be seeing a piece of cloth or a dollar bill, but "believing" what the statue stands for; this symbolism of what the statue represents comes from a religion that is supposed to exist for aeons. Hope this helps.

Dear Mr Auh
If there is only ONE almighty - a Christian relates to that God in cross and in a chapel, a Hindu relates to the same almighty in the statue. What is the difference? Also the religion existing for eons does not put requirements that it cannot be a cross. So what is the connection to Sanathana Dharma the way you understand it.

hi

just info....a white american gal used to visit our temple in USA....she used to tell me that she talks to LORD HANUMAN

every day.....when she was in hospital bed....she recites hanuman chalisa byheart.........

Dear Mr Auh
If there is only ONE almighty - a Christian relates to that God in cross and in a chapel, a Hindu relates to the same almighty in the statue. What is the difference? Also the religion existing for eons does not put requirements that it cannot be a cross. So what is the connection to Sanathana Dharma the way you understand it.
Dear atb,

Your query is subject to the validity and truth of the premise you have stated... that there is "ONE almighty". Now we do not know this for sure and hence whatever I answer would be in the realm of pure speculation. For all we know, there might be different Gods as well ! :)

For the second part, let me confess that I do not profess to understand the multitude of religions practised here and elsewhere. My post was just an attempt to articulate what the other member wanted to say.

The religion that exists for aeons does indeed put requirements; it depends on individuals as to how they perceive it.

Otoh, if we were to admit the possibility that there is NO almighty, then religion is seen as a socio-political tool to unite (as well as divide) people...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back