• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Woman CAN keep a secret!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear XLR8R

Your post # 41

Yes and their most common opening statement is " you know what, promise not to tell anyone.....
....blah.... blah.... blah ...... blah " .

[ exactly the way another lady told it to her !]

So, every lady ends up promising to every other lady not to tell any one.

It's great to watch, how when the topic goes a whole round and comes back to the originator,
the originator listens to it with all intent and enthusiasm as though she were hearing it for the first time
- but this time though, paying very careful attention to all the fringes added,
to the original - ALL UNDER OATH !

I really appreciate Raji Mam's great sense of humor. Now, don't tell anyone, Tmt VR
is trying to get Dr CN into the loop !

I think, it is a genetic thing - associated exclusively with the XX Chromosome !

Yay Yem

Can anyone clarify or kilarufy this great and grave doubt of an XX chromosome??? :blabla:

What is THAT thing that makes an XY chromosome so knowledgeable about the :high5:

behavior of XX chromosomes - when he is neither a psychologist not psychiatrist. :rolleyes:

Dear RR ji,

But surprisingly when men have a secret to tell...they trust a woman more than a man.

So women can keep a secret if they decide to do so!

Men can't keep a secret even if they decided to do so!

Or women can keep the secrets of men in tact and vice versa.

Do "Like poles detest and unlike poles assist"??? :rolleyes:

Not only the thoughts, their deeds are also secrets!! :dizzy:

Yeah. As I am sworn to secrecy, I can't talk about what kind of secrets I know about :D

Sometimes, it is surprising because I would never expect a girl to have such thoughts as they are outwardly very different from what they think inside!

renuka said:
But surprisingly when men have a secret to tell...they trust a woman more than a man.

The opposite is also true in my experience :D

There's a good reason for this. If I talk about a woman's secret, people would grant me less credibility than if a woman were saying it (because "men cannot be knowing this"). It is similar when a man tells a woman his secret.

Visalakshi Ramani said:
MEN HAVE THEIR OWN SECRETS TOO!

The thing with men is that you can usually tell when they are hiding something or keeping something secret. With women, you'd hardly know they have secrets from their outward appearance and personality. Women are much more.....sophisticated when it comes to trickery, subterfuge and of course, keeping secrets about themselves with respect to people whom they don't want getting wind of those secrets :D

The thing with men is that you can usually tell when they are hiding something or keeping something secret. With women, you'd hardly know they have secrets from their outward appearance and personality. Women are much more.....sophisticated when it comes to trickery, subterfuge and of course, keeping secrets about themselves with respect to people whom they don't want getting wind of those secrets :D [/COLOR]

Dear XL8,

You are right to a certain extent but guys too have learned the trick of the trade how to hide their feelings.
But usually after a bout of alcohol most guys cant hide their secrets!LOL

Women were supposed to be all bearing and all tolerant and hide their feelings in the past and many suffered in silence becos they were financially dependent on men.

So over the generations this ability to hide got passed down and women became experts in hiding their feelings now for all the right and wrong reasons too.

Anyway sometimes we might not really even know our true self.

ref#54
Women are more sensitive and more imaginative.

They do not want to hurt people (at least in the past)

They would rather suffer than make others suffer.

We in our generation were taught to put up with the husband/

adjust to him / tolerate him / suffer in silence depending on the type

we get in the gamble calling wedding.

Suffering and secrecy go hand in hand.

One can't suffer vociferously or publicly.

This must have bred the tendency to secrecy in most women

about their personal life and other things involved.

Dear Sis,

Have you not seen women like 'Mudhal mariyAdhai' Vadivukkarasi and 'Jeans' Radhika??

Not all women suffer holding secrets. Because of some of them 'vaNdavALam thaNdavAlam ERum!! :blah: :blah: :blah:

ref#54
Women are more sensitive and more imaginative.

They do not want to hurt people (at least in the past)

They would rather suffer than make others suffer.

We in our generation were taught to put up with the husband/

we get in the gamble calling wedding.

Suffering and secrecy go hand in hand.

One can't suffer vociferously or publicly.

This must have bred the tendency to secrecy in most women

about their personal life and other things involved.

amazing, how often i used to hear my mother scream at my younger sis, whenever she used to act a bit uppity, 'வேண்டாண்டி பொண்ணாய் பொறந்து இந்த வீம்பு ஒனக்கு ஆகாது . எந்த வீட்டுக்கு போய் எப்படியெல்லாம் கஷ்ட படணமோ '

the implication all along was, by default, it was the lot of the woman to suffer. me, even then being a liberated male, used to argue with mom, as to why sis should suffer, and not make the inlaws suffer :) which used to be brushed off as ignorance.

sis found love, and married a fellow iyer guy, had great loving inlaws, and even after 33 years of marriage, still is luvvy duvvy couple. :)

me, being the first born, and son, and thoroughly beaten up, physically and mentally, ended up with arranged marriage, did things all half hazard, left with guilt, and definitely ensured such things will not be passed on to the next generation.

........ me, being the first born, and son, and thoroughly beaten up, physically and mentally, ended up with arranged marriage, ........
So sad Kunjuppu Sir!

There is a saying, 'adiyAdha mAdu paidyAdhu' and most of the times the mAdus were the sons! :pout:

........ We in our generation were taught to put up with the husband/

we get in the gamble calling wedding............
Dear Sis,

Ram's eldest brother, a senior advocate, says even now, 'Marriage is a gamble!'

So sad Kunjuppu Sir!

There is a saying, 'adiyAdha mAdu paidyAdhu' and most of the times the mAdus were the sons! :pout:

right on raji. i always have felt that us tambrams, eunuchize our first born sons..they come out into the world ...maybe book marks high, but deficient in everything else. ammaanjis and baykoos... my sons, i ensured their natural aggression was not damaged, and their self worth never questioned inside the house...they are far better for it :)

i left home at 18 and never turned back ...

Hello RR MAM ,VR MAM,Happen to come across the thread just now ,pls do not mistake ,Mam ,it goes without saying ,A Women is much more capable to hold / with held plenty of secrets right from school days could be a small pencil issue to a bigger version of secret marriage .Its actually the TIME that becomes the deciding head / corner her to say the hidden matters .Actually no problem for a women to hold ,but depends on the person whom we relay must / is trust worthy as situation can be tricky ,and person can also be so,this is very minimal IMPOV .As VR Mam ,says its a very burden part for us ??? .Mam waiting for your responce .(happy to see thread grown very faster in short time .;)

Dear Dr. Narayani,

It is a burden to keep a secret, no doubt! But the formula my son has taught me works! :)

You know what? 'Don't think about it!'. Actually, he says it for any unpleasant thing that happens.

amazing, how often i used to hear my mother scream at my younger sis, whenever she used to act a bit uppity, 'வேண்டாண்டி பொண்ணாய் பொறந்து இந்த வீம்பு ஒனக்கு ஆகாது . எந்த வீட்டுக்கு போய் எப்படியெல்லாம் கஷ்ட படணமோ '

the implication all along was, by default, it was the lot of the woman to suffer. me, even then being a liberated male, used to argue with mom, as to why sis should suffer, and not make the inlaws suffer :) which used to be brushed off as ignorance.

sis found love, and married a fellow iyer guy, had great loving inlaws, and even after 33 years of marriage, still is luvvy duvvy couple. :)

me, being the first born, and son, and thoroughly beaten up, physically and mentally, ended up with arranged marriage, did things all half hazard, left with guilt, and definitely ensured such things will not be passed on to the next generation.

dear Mr. kunjuppu,
Thank you for agreeing with my point of view that in those days women were taught to be obedient, patient, tolerant and silent!
So your sister got into love marriage and can continue to act uppy since the in laws are also loving!
Love marriage NEED NOT be blessing NOR arranged marriage a punishment!
To wed is to wage and in a wager we must be prepared for good luck as as well as bad luck and try to make the best out of a bad bargain! :juggle:

Dear Sis,

Ram's eldest brother, a senior advocate, says even now, 'Marriage is a gamble!'

F80. Wedding | The World of Words

F80. Wedding

To wed means to wager.
Marriage is a gamble! So cynics are right in comparing the wedding to a lottery.
In old English wedding meant to pledge money in a bet, or pledge oneself in a marriage.
Winning or losing in a lottery depends on one’s luck.
Getting a good spouse depends on a person’s luck.
Wedding and Gambling indeed are very much alike!

Appa used to say this very often too.

right on raji. i always have felt that us tambrams, eunuchize our first born sons..they come out into the world ...maybe book marks high, but deficient in everything else. ammaanjis and baykoos... my sons, i ensured their natural aggression was not damaged, and their self worth never questioned inside the house...they are far better for it :)

i left home at 18 and never turned back ...

By over protecting and remote controlling parents, make the children lack
self confidence and courage.
The children are expected to run to the parents for advice and guidance for every
everything.
The other extreme washes off its hands and let the children develop by
struggling and finding their own way.
We must be in the background to help them whenever they need us but NOT do back seat driving all the time.

Hello RR MAM ,VR MAM,Happen to come across the thread just now ,pls do not mistake ,Mam ,it goes without saying ,A Women is much more capable to hold / with held plenty of secrets right from school days could be a small pencil issue to a bigger version of secret marriage .Its actually the TIME that becomes the deciding head / corner her to say the hidden matters .Actually no problem for a women to hold ,but depends on the person whom we relay must / is trust worthy as situation can be tricky ,and person can also be so,this is very minimal IMPOV .As VR Mam ,says its a very burden part for us ??? .Mam waiting for your responce .(happy to see thread grown very faster in short time .;)

Why not Dr C.N ???
The thread is for the women by a woman about women and their ability to keep secrets. Isn't the topis juicy enough to attract males and females alike??? :)

I have seen both silent sufferers and lady Hitlers in women around me!

Life is such!

First there will be a few trials of strength!

Soon it will emerge who will obey whom!!

It also depends on who needs whom more!!! :rolleyes:

There after the V.Q will take charge unless

the L. Q takes over as I have seen in some cases.

V.Q = Violence Quotient (when the love is less than violence)

L.Q = Love Quotient (when the violence is less than love)

Dear Dr. Narayani,

5 is my favorite number. By the by I noticed now that this thread has 555 views within 2 days! :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back