• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Will J. Jayalalithaa emerge victorious in the appeal verdict on 11th May

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the justice supposed to be blind or the Judge needs to be blind?
How much does it take to move the decimal one position away to make 81% to 8.1%? What a mockery of Justice.

Finally better sense prevailed & Jaya is free to comeback as the CM. In the overall fight against corruption, Jaya is a small fry compared to others.

What is 2.2 crores or 22 crores as some people are saying compared to 1000s of crores looted by the other politicians? Why other politicians are not in the dock? If an FIR had been filed against Vadra, Manmohan, Kapil Sibal, Sonia/Rahul & other “big looters”, & then if people had gone after Jaya, no one will have an issue.

Similarly some years back an idiotic new channel was reporting that they caught a poor “appavi – innocent” peon who took 100 rupees bribe for some silly issue. If one does not have the “guts to go after the big looters”, then don’t make a joke of it by going after a small timer like a peon who is “desperately trying to get his family” above the water!!.

How can a Salman who killed a poor person on the road by “his arrogant drunken driving” despite people in the SUV telling him to drive slowly.. escape on bail ????

More than 60% of the Lok Sabha MPs are criminals & they have murder charges. So it is okay to kill people… but only Jaya has to go to Jail because of corruption of say 2.2 or 22 Crores when the entire political class is mired in corruption for 1000s of crores.

In any fight, one has to be fair & also seen to be fair – otherwise the fight will have no moral backing & it will collapse. By the “partisan approach of targeting South Indians” by the congress oncorruption issue, the entire fight has collapsed which was started by Anna Hazare.

Oh please spare the “corruption is corruption crap even if it is 1 rupee” – those days of Idealism are long gone – LOL !!

Last edited:
form a National Commission & identify all the "big looters starting from 1000s of Crores & working downwards" & then go after them - & be fair in the way you do this. we cannot allow few people to go on a political vendetta like "street dogs" & then claim - oh corruption has taken a hit... coz Jaya has got acquitted.

where is the FIR against Vadra after openly saying - Jail for Vadra for amassing 10,000 Crores ?? - In 2 yrs of election campaigning, in every meeting by every politician in the new govt - this was the rallying cry !!! - so what happened? Not even an investigation has been instituted against him?. what political compulsion is stopping from starting a CBI enquiry - he is a North Indian?, quid pro quo with Congress?. so one is supposed to forget all this, but all should gang up against Jaya for 2.2 or 22 Crores ??? Astonishing...

Last edited:
As a common man I am confused as much as when she was convicted. Why the difference in judgement pronounced
to day. Looks like this is a season of acquittals. One thing is clear that a judgement is what a person sitting in the judges throne pronounces. Satyameva Jayate or Only judges win. Best wishes to JJ she can now fill up the vacuum in the State's leadership.

This mathematical blunder by Justice Kuamaraswamy will be a big headache for him as well as Jaya and I do not know what explanation Justice Kumaraswamy will have for this mathematical blunder .

This mathematical blunder by Justice Kuamaraswamy will be a big headache for him as well as Jaya and I do not know what explanation Justice Kumaraswamy will have for this mathematical blunder .
hi

like below 10 percent acceptable....above not acceptable....corruption is corruption.....normal policeman 100rupees acceptable....

the officer's 10000 rupees not acceptable.....what kind of mathmatics in corruption....even i do not know....

My source of news of this kind is actually this forum.
It is nice to read the news stories, cartoons and select view points.

After reading all this I am not sure if the process of judgement can be trusted. I am not for or against J getting a sentence.

Appeal court judge needs to have integrity. Arithmetic 'mistake' seem purposeful which speaks to lack of integrity of the process. If it is indeed a genuine mistake it speaks to utter incompetence.

It would have been better to declare J guilty (if that was really the case) but make the sentence far less severe by taking into account all the 'good' she is claimed to have done to the society. If she comes out an exemplary politician in the process it would be win-win for all.

Now she is not vindicated and there is a question mark about the whole process of judgment.

Politics or Cricket - 'Suitcases' play a BIG role! :popcorn:

Hmmm... May be, now people can spend 50 lakhs for the wedding of their daughter and need NOT show to I T dept. how they GOT it!! :cool:

My source of news of this kind is actually this forum.

For more of us this Forum serves as a source/treasure of information, especially when there is a breaking news.

Every Member cannot go hunting for reports/opinion on such news, but few Members do such job diligently, collect, compile and share such news with source.

Most of them do contribute their opinion also freely. There is no bullying.

And there is variety both for and against besides fun too.

The anxiety, curiosity and speed exhibited by few members in sharing such breaking news really needs to be appreciated but there is no ‘Like’ button now to click.

I really enjoy, learn and pat my back for being a member of this elite group.

Thanks to Mr. Praveen and all.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
JJ is a free now...Salman Khan will be free eventually.

Asathyam Eva Jayate!LOL

How come all these still happening even in Modi Rajya?

Last edited:
Is it blunder? or corruption?

I consider it is a very big blunder either made under pressure to deliver a favorable verdict to Jaya or due to Judge Kuamarswamy's over enthusiam to see her acquitted that he first arrived at the 10% result to bail her out and then used the help of an auditor ( or played the auditor role himself ) to cook up the other figures to arrive at the final 10% result finally getting it all wrong .
I very much doubt whether he was aware of this mistake as he knows for sure that these days Judgement copies are made available in the web and not only the opponents but even thrid party people will go through his judgement in detail and find the loopholes .
No one can point fingers in the subjective part of the judgement as it is the right of every judge to view this issue in his own way but here it is a very open case of a mathematical blunder and even a novice can poiint out and every Judge has to accept this mistake as it is impacting the judgement result itself . Forgetting the other blunders made by Justice Kumaraswamy in this judgement this one mathematical blunder alone can halt Jaya's acquittal .
I am curious as to what explanation will Justice Kumaraswamy give for this mathemactial blunder ?

Last edited:
How come all these still happening even in Modi Rajya?

Why not ? Didn't you see how Modi and other top Brass of the BJP rushing to congratulate Jaya on her acquittal ( as though they very badly wanted it to happen ) without thoroughly studying the judgement . Now what answer do they have for this mathematical blunder of the Judge that will possible send Jaya again to Jail ? I can agree that common man getting carried away by these judgements for or against but seasoned Politicians who are currently in the Government must exert restraint and give out a response only after carefully studying the judgement . Now all those who jumped like monkeys celebrating Jaya's acquittal will have to wait till the supreme court looks in to these errors and give a judgement that can go for / against Jaya .

I am curious as to what explanation will Justice Kumaraswamy give for this mathemactial blunder ?

Sir,

Everyone is now curious with most of the Dailies pointing out this error and TV Channels broadcasting opinions.

Social activist ‘Traffic Ramasamy’ has opined that he will knock the doors of SC.

But Justice Kumarasamy is tight lipped, especially with regard to ‘Mathematical error’.

Politics or Cricket - 'Suitcases' play a BIG role! :popcorn:

Hmmm... May be, now people can spend 50 lakhs for the wedding of their daughter and need NOT show to I T dept. how they GOT it!! :cool:

Mathematical blunders also play a big role

Last edited:
Thavaru Enbathu Thavari Seivathu
Thappu Enbathu Therinthu Seivathu

Thavaru Seithavan Thiruntha Paarkanum
Thappu Seithavan Varunthi Aaganum

Jayalalithaa in no hurry to be CM again

Despite the Karnataka High Court special judge acquitting her of all the charges in the disproportionate assets case, AIADMK general secretary Jayalalithaa is in no hurry to take back her mantle.

According to sources in the ruling party and the bureaucracy, Ms. Jayalalithaa is unlikely to take charge as Chief Minister this week.
With fresh controversy over the verdict breaking out on Tuesday as the Opposition parties alleged that the High Court judge “miscalculated” her assets, the AIADMK chief is taking her time to weigh the legal options ahead.
A meeting of her lawyers is likely to be held in the coming days, sources said.

There are strong messages from the party seniors suggesting that the former Chief Minister may wait a little longer to see if the Karnataka government moves the Supreme Court. On Tuesday, Chief Minister O. Panneerselvam met Ms. Jayalalithaa at her Poes Garden residence, party sources said.

It is not clear if four of his senior colleagues – Natham R. Viswanathan, R. Vaithilingam, Edappadi K. Palanisamy and P. Palaniappan – accompanying him were able to meet her or not, sources said.

Meanwhile, reports of discrepancies in the verdict delivered by Justice C.R. Kumaraswamy, pointing to apparent mistakes in the calculation, have also made the AIADMK camp wary.

Read more at: Jayalalithaa in no hurry to be Chief Minster again - The Hindu

11264043_965722613460316_7144766805028150601_n.jpg

Source: face book

Why not ? Didn't you see how Modi and other top Brass of the BJP rushing to congratulate Jaya on her acquittal ( as though they very badly wanted it to happen ) without thoroughly studying the judgement . Now what answer do they have for this mathematical blunder of the Judge that will possible send Jaya again to Jail ? I can agree that common man getting carried away by these judgements for or against but seasoned Politicians who are currently in the Government must exert restraint and give out a response only after carefully studying the judgement . Now all those who jumped like monkeys celebrating Jaya's acquittal will have to wait till the supreme court looks in to these errors and give a judgement that can go for / against Jaya .

Really? I did not know this!

Its like some Tamil Movie!LOL

where is the FIR against Vadra after openly saying - Jail for Vadra for amassing 10,000 Crores ?? - In 2 yrs of election campaigning, in every meeting by every politician in the new govt - this was the rallying cry !!! - so what happened? Not even an investigation has been instituted against him?. what political compulsion is stopping from starting a CBI enquiry - he is a North Indian?, quid pro quo with Congress?. so one is supposed to forget all this, but all should gang up against Jaya for 2.2 or 22 Crores ??? Astonishing...

It all depends on what the Congress Government in Karnataka wants to do...Most likely appeal is likely to be filed...There is a 90 day period for appeal to be filed....But what locus standi that MuKa or Congress have on this...If this time also JJ is refused CM'ship then it shows partiality by the North Indians.....MuKa is a spent force but he was hoping against hope that JJ will leave politics for good & will be in Jail permanently...Unfortunately Dr Swamy whose word does not count a penny in TN politics (no doubt his VHS is doing a great job)has become a pawn in their hands...Same with Karnataka's Public prosecutor Acharya...It is better for all these sundry politicians allow governance in TN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back