• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Will J. Jayalalithaa emerge victorious in the appeal verdict on 11th May

Status
Not open for further replies.
By all accounts, you are better attuned to current events, judging by the postings in this forum.. So i am a bit surprised by your question.

I was surprised because when someone prefixes the judgement they must have been careful to see to it that these sort of mathematical blunders do not happen but it seems it happened in spite of that .

My take on the whole issue is that the judgement was prefixed in Jaya's favor and whether the Judge did it on his own ( he has a right to believe that this is a political case by the DMK ) or due to some pressure from Outside or whether he was assured of any form of reward is not known but one thing for sure , in the haste to get her acquitted he goofed up the calculations and that is haunting him as well as Jaya now badly . One thing I can give in favor of the Judge was the time limit for hearing this case and passing the verdict was too short and so this error could have come because of work done in a hurry . Only Justice Kumara Swamy can exlpain this goof up or is he himself confused how this happened? Power of Maya Shakthi ?

Last edited:

Truth vs Hype Exclusive: How the Cost of Sentry Shed Helped Acquit Jayalalithaa

Truth vs Hype Exclusive: How the Cost of Sentry Shed Helped Acquit Jayalalithaa

Chennai/Bengaluru: As J Jayalalithaa took over as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu for the fifth time today, questions continue to mount over lapses in the Karnataka High Court order acquitting her.

The judgement had fixed Rs. 250 per square foot as the flat rate. Using this figure, the cost of properties drops from Rs. 27 crores alleged by prosecution, to only Rs. 5 crores.

This one calculation alone helped bring down her unaccounted wealth (referred to as disproportionate assets) from Rs. 66 crores, to Rs. 37 crores.

I am unable to follow this jugglery too.

The first line says that the lower cost of construction caused the cost of properties to drop from Rs. 27 crores to Rs. 5 crores.... that is a saving of Rs. 22 Crores.

The second line says "this calculation alone" brings down her DAs from Rs. 66 crores to Rs. 37 crores.... that is a saving of Rs. 29 crores.

No explanation is given for the additional disappearance of Rs. 7 crores by this so called investigative journalist.

Their maths is as poor as the maths criticized by them in the judgement.

Kumarasamy Calculator

CE0XV6FUEAAvLr-.jpg

Next time when someone makes a mistake in Mathematics this is the way the teacher will scold . Thanks to Justice Kumarasamy , students failing in Maths will now at least be eqauted to a Judge .
CE5wmRwVAAIiIJO.jpg

Vganeshji

I am very poor with regard to reading and commenting on poetry but appreciate your maiden attempt and it is good . Keep it up . Raji Madam canhelp fine tune your poetry skills and she has already given you a thumbs up which means you are in the right track .Keep it up .

Thank you Krishnaji! I need to find time for poetry...I wrote this poem from an emotional standpoint...I know Madam JJ from my school days...There were many of her well wishers seated in the auditorium where her oath taking took place...There were many not present but viewing the function streamed live in several countries..I was part of the latter category

[h=1]Karnataka cabinet decides to challenge acquittal of Jayalalithaa[/h] Bengaluru, Jun 1, 2015 (PTI)
480945_thump.jpg
Ending three-week long suspense, Karnataka government today decided to file an appeal in the Supreme Court against acquittal of Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa and three others in the disproportionate assets case.

The decision to challenge the May 11 verdict by Justice C R Kumaraswamy of the Karnataka High Court was taken at a cabinet meeting after the advice by the Special Public Prosecutor in the case B V Acharya and state Advocate General Ravivarma Kumar as also the state Law Department.
"The Chief Minister has directed me to file an appeal in the Supreme Court immediately," Law Minister Jayachandra said.

Replying to a query, he said Acharya will be the SPP in the case in the apex court.
He said the SPP appointed on the direction of the Supreme Court had advised filing the appeal against the acquittal of Jayalalitha and three others and even the AG and law Secretary had concurred with it.
"....And now the cabinet has decided to file the appeal," he said, adding it was being done "legally on merit".
Karnataka cabinet decides to challenge acquittal of Jayalalithaa

The tamasha once again starts now. Per reports, Karnataka Govt. prefers to appeal in the Supreme Court against the High Court judgement.

Will the case be dragged for years or settled quickly.

Any legal pundit in this forum may please explain.

Legal pundits, lawyers and judges will drag teh case for decades. Like Ramajanma bhoomi. For that too, verdict was delivered because the presiding judge was due to retire one day later.

The Karnataka government’s decision to file an appeal against the acquittal of the Tamil Nadu Chief Minister, Jayalalithaa, is bound to be welcomed by all those who value probity in public life and believe that the courts are the right forums to take forward issues relating to corruption in high places. The Congress dispensation in Karnataka understandably took its time to arrive at a decision on whether to file an appeal in the Supreme Court. It has gone by sound legal principles by examining the recommendations of the Special Public Prosecutor, the State’s Advocate-General and the Law Department. The primary question it had to contend with was raised by the legal wing of the Karnataka Pradesh Congress Committee itself: what is Karnataka’s interest in the outcome of the case? The argument was that the State had already discharged its duty by hosting the trial in Bengaluru, appointing a Special Judge and Special Public Prosecutor, obtaining a conviction in the trial stage and seeing it overturned by the High Court. Should the State go beyond this specified administrative function by filing an appeal in the Supreme Court, taking on the role of an aggrieved party? The question may appear valid, but to abandon a legal process midway is also untenable. The Supreme Court has made it clear that Karnataka is now playing the role of the prosecuting State and has stepped into the shoes of Tamil Nadu. Its duty now includes taking up the mantle of the aggrieved party and pursuing the legal process to its logical end.
The right decision - The Hindu

People can put pictures, logics all to frame Jayalalitha as culprit for what she did in 1990s. It is irrelevant to people after so many years for all the good things she has done like implementing rainwater harvesting, completing Veeranam water for chennai and cheap Amma industries for everyone's benefit. Law and order as well as land grabbing is lot better controlled than previous governments. People will vote for her again and again to provie their point.. all the other things are meaningless for them. Regarding the miscalculation, Hindu and Indian express quoted about loans missed out in the judgement page. If the entire report is read, Supreme Court will only favor Jayalalitha in fair circumstances (my wish :).

What for freebies were promised if it is not to lure the poors vote Bank?

No need to worry about SC verdict, such leaders know pretty well as to how to drag the case for another two decades, bcos their previous experience of having dragged the case for nearly two decades at the lower court will certainly help them.

A section of the public also watch news like this:

Engineer's suicide: Ex-TN Minister granted bail by Madras HC

Madurai:
Two months after his arrest on charges of abetting the suicide of a government engineer,former Tamil Nadu Agriculture Minister S S Agri Krishnamurthy was on Wednesday granted conditional bail by the Madras High Court.

Read more at: http://www.firstpost.com/india/engi...nister-granted-bail-by-madras-hc-2277722.html

Last edited by a moderator:
The law of the land will only catch the ordinary mortals .Politicians can circumvent all laws by money power and political power and walk free like demi gods.

You are right.

In 1975, when the Allahabad High Court declared Indira Gandhi's election to the lok sabha as void on the grounds of electroral malpractices, most of us know how the situation was handled then by Indira Gandhi.

You are right.

In 1975, when the Allahabad High Court declared Indira Gandhi's election to the lok sabha as void on the grounds of electroral malpractices, most of us know how the situation was handled then by Indira Gandhi.

If similar verdict comes for TN, nothing will happen. Ruling a State is totally different from Centre.

If similar verdict comes for TN, nothing will happen. Ruling a State is totally different from Centre.

Chandra Ji,

Lot has happened.

Have you not read from newspapers that as soon as JJ was convicted there were 193 deaths reported in Tamil Nadu and out of which 139 was due to cardiac arrest. There are sympathizers all over Tamil Nadu.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chandra Ji,

Lot has happened.

Have you not read from newspapers that as soon as JJ was convicted there were 193 deaths reported in Tamil Nadu and out of which 139 was due to cardiac arrest. There are sympathizers all over Tamil Nadu.

Sir,

What happened after Allahabad verdict is different? Still it is being talked about. I said such things will not happen in TN.

Sir,

What happened after Allahabad verdict is different? Still it is being talked about. I said such things will not happen in TN.

Chandru Ji,

What is important is Tamil Nadu has lost such number of precious lives. Think about the families which have lost the only bread winner. These are all irreparable losses. You cannot compensate such losses with solatium.:)

Today Amma is filing her nomination if RK NAGAR, Who is going to win , is it makkal sakthi? or Theeya Sakthi?

Alwan

Today Amma is filing her nomination if RK NAGAR, Who is going to win , is it makkal sakthi? or Theeya Sakthi?

Alwan

No doubt 'Amma' will come out with thumping majority with AIADMK ruling the State.:)

In Amma's case contesting in election is just formality required by the constitution.Even when she was debarred from holding office she was de facto CM and she will continue to be CM after the election which she will win With thumbing majority thanks to the sympathy wave she is riding on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back