• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Will India retain the ICC World cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
NZ/WI match was really inspring. Guptill has made a record and Gayle also played well but 393 for him is too big. Coming Tuesday we will witness first SF between SA and NZ and on thursday. India/Aus. I beleive NZ will beat SA and India, Aus; so, the final will be of NZ/India. It will be 'killing' match because India not only have to ovecome Guptill bu its Captain. For Final in MCG, the ticket is for A$.300.00 and for A$.90.00, they give 'standing' position. most of our group r purchasing the 'standing' ticket because A$.300.00 tickets r not available. I am too old enough to stand; so, I may not be going. but if India's participation is confirmed then I cannot say now what I will do. interesting days r ahead for cricket lovers. one group from California is also coming and staying in our house. they had purchased tickets much in advance expecting India to be there in the final.
one more thing; Cricket is gentleman's game; possibly used to be. our Kohli is a classic example for loosing temper fast. but Australia has proved very bad in the field; Steve warne had a fight with Indian team. Pak r not very far away for misbehavior. - srin ivasan

In tuesday SA/NZ there is a chance NZ will win and in thursday Ind/AUS match, if India wins for which there r possibilities due to Dhoni's team's abilities to overcome many obstacles shown by them in this WC, I am sure India will win whoever is in the other side. particularly, NZ grounds r small and MCG has its own merit; moreover, India is in AU for the last three months and played in all AU grounds and knew its in and out. this is my view. let us see, let us wish, pray and what not for India to retain the WC. this week will be of very interesting week - srinivasan

already Aussee has started word-war games; unfortunate. Shastri is confident. Modi is calm as usual. I expect Aussee will misbehave. Aussee captain already sent SOS to all australians to come to SCG to match Swamy army. five busloads of indians from melbourne have left for Sydney. wish for peaceful match. Aussee will kick Pak out for misbehaving. the prediction is India will win SF and then for India, final will be a walk-over; let what may come. I am sure - srinivasan

One-sided matches..

CAwSemGUwAAy-mM.jpg:large

Who will the semi final battle tomorrow-Kiwis or Proteas?

I bet on the New Zealand team for their never say die spirit, their doggedness, commitment and unwavering temperament in this WC

New Zealand v South Africa: More at stake than a first final!

The Proteas have long worn the tag of cricket's ultimate chokers for repeated failures in the tournament's knock-out rounds.

Their breakthrough quarter-final win over Sri Lanka, a first win in a knock-out match at the World Cup, will quickly be forgotten if defeated in Auckland.

Like their opponents, New Zealand have never been further than the penultimate hurdle and want to prove themselves heavyweights, rather than merely the team that punches above its weight.

The game will be New Zealand's seventh appearance in the semi-finals at the World Cup, and third in succession, while it is South Africa's fourth since their re-integration into global sporting competition following the end of the apartheid era.

New Zealand have been forced into at least one change, with fast bowler Adam Milne ruled out with a heel injury and Matt Henry brought into the squad.

New Zealand v South Africa: More at stake than a first final! - Rediff.com Cricket

Shri Sreesanth, the vilified Malayali cricketer, had written in a local daily that ICC knows that money is more valuable than real cricket and that ever since 2007 (this is from my memory, may be wrong) the "fixtures" are so manipulated as to ensure maximum advertisement revenue, especially from India which has the highest number of ardent cricket fans (and hence TV viewers of world cup telecasts).

He added that there are more than 1500 advertisers ready to shell out @Rs.350 or so per second of advertisement, if India qualifies for the semis. That will make a total revenue, from India alone, of more than 2500 crores of rupees! Sreesanth therefore predicted that in this world cup India will be "made to qualify" for the semi-final, and that thereafter, it will be real play!!

Things can not be manipulated-Just for the sake

This very idea is not in line , with how much efforts put up by our rejuvaneted team would not have been realised to our public . Could be cheap publicity for Sreesanth , who does not even have a face to face anything .In my openion , it would be anybody's game on their day !Any of the four from here. For sure!Muralisharma

Shri Sreesanth, the vilified Malayali cricketer, had written in a local daily that ICC knows that money is more valuable than real cricket and that ever since 2007 (this is from my memory, may be wrong) the "fixtures" are so manipulated as to ensure maximum advertisement revenue, especially from India which has the highest number of ardent cricket fans (and hence TV viewers of world cup telecasts).

He added that there are more than 1500 advertisers ready to shell out @Rs.350 or so per second of advertisement, if India qualifies for the semis. That will make a total revenue, from India alone, of more than 2500 crores of rupees! Sreesanth therefore predicted that in this world cup India will be "made to qualify" for the semi-final, and that thereafter, it will be real play!!

Sangom Sirji,

How are you? Long time no seeing. Hope your health is fine. Happy to see you here again.

New Zealand Vs South Africa semi final in progress...Did SA set up a tough target for the Kiwis..David Miller's 49 off 18 balls was the swashbuckling hero of the first half..Will his heroism go in vain..Due to rain, the Kiwis have to score 298 in 43 overs...Martin Guptill and Ross Taylor are at the crease & the team is meandering at 116-2 at the end of 16 overs ..Will the NZ team which has never tasted defeat in the WC reach the finals..Watch this space

Kiwis in trouble..Martin Guptill run out for 34..Who is going to anchor the innings..Will Taylor and Elliott raise to the occasion...Kiwis need 166 runs in 25.3 overs

Elliott and Anderson have steadied the ship..What an innings by both these stalwarts! Look like Kiwis may cross the hurdle soon! 47 runs required off 36 balls

I think for Sreesanth it is "grapes are sour syndrome"...He is now a dejected man in Cricket...Do you think Australia, South Africa or New Zealand are going to handover the Cup to India on a silver platter..No way..Game is getting more competitive

Kiwis have to score a dozen in the last over...Excitement in the air..Many companies have put up large screens in Canteen to view the semi finals

Yes the sixer by Grant Elliott takes the Kiwis to the final...Have won by 4 wickets...A grand finale for the black hats!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back