• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Will India retain the ICC World cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sangom Sirji,

How are you? Long time no seeing. Hope your health is fine. Happy to see you here again.

Shri Vaagmi Sir,

Thank you very much for your kind sentiments. My health is "as usual"; it was only that at some point I had some more urgent work to attend to and as a result, could not devote time to visiting the forum.

I think for Sreesanth it is "grapes are sour syndrome"...He is now a dejected man in Cricket...Do you think Australia, South Africa or New Zealand are going to handover the Cup to India on a silver platter..No way..Game is getting more competitive

Shri Ganeshji,

From the various accounts we get from Malayalam newspapers, magazines, etc., Sreesanth is doing well, though not as a cricketer. I got the impression, on reading his short write-up in the Mathrubhumi newspaper, that it was more a realistic view of one who was an insider once and not the grumbling of a "grapes are sour" syndrome. Exactly as you put it, Sreesanth also does not deny that there will be "real play" from the semi-finals, but up to that point the fixtures will be suitably planned to ensure that India get into the semis. So why find fault?

Catches r dropped, matches r lost: this is what happened in yestrday SA/NZ SF match. if there was no rain, SA wud have amazzed the runs and so many catches r dropped by SA particularly stumping-stupid by Viliers cost SA to loose. yes, NZ captain McCullum played very well. anyway, swamy army is well in strength in SCG for tomorrow 2nd SF India/Au match. I am of the opinion, India can defeat AU. let us see aad pray - srinivasan

There was no proper coordination among the SA players, especially in the case of taking catches. Two players were running for the same catch; at least one should have shouted 'mine' which would have kept the other away from the scene. This is the normal practice.

SA team is famous for chocking and this Semi Final proved once again.

yet both the teams SA/NZ played first-class and world-class match. one of them has to be world champien; yet I pray for India - srinivasan

If India performs well in the Semi Final, India can do better in the Final, since it has psychological advantage for having played earlier matches in Australian soil. However, since Australian team has two good left arm fast bowlers, and the Indian team has lot of right hand batsmen, it remains to be seen how Indian batsmen will be performing against them.

yes left-hand bowlers r in advantage. but if India wins SF, it will be moral boosting and may retain WC. in SCG I read lots of advantage for Men in Blue; ofcourse a crowd of 30,000 will be a great advantange. the very fact Aussee captain Clark calling australians to come to SCG in crowd itself shows Aussee r panicky. it will certainly be interesting match to watch. although I feel best team shud win, my soft corner is for Men in Blue. let us hope and wish for that - srinivasan

The history of earlier matches between India and Australia in Australia favours Aussies.

Let us wait and watch.

With the pitch helping spin and Clarke and team panicking on pitch condition asking for changing the pitch to assist pace the Odds are in favouer of India.

Alwan

hi

i think ....india may be in semi final.....may not be in final....like some students are very good in class works/quartely/half yearly

exams....but in the FINAL.....RESULTS ARE ENTIRELY DIFFERENT...THIS IS OUR CRICKET TEAM....

SF India/Aussee: in melbourne it is now 11.10 AM (5.40 AM IST). weather is cool, sunny and peasant and in Sydney I see similar weather. It is die-or-live match. In today's 'The Australian' newspaper there r two articles: by Gideon Haigh and Will Swanton. Swanton critized Rohit Sharma for asking David Warner to speak in hindi. in fact, it was otherway around. Rohit was murmuring something in hindi when Warner taunted him to speak in english. Rohit was certainly not accusinng anbody. however, Haigh was pointing the gesture of NZ's Grant Elliot towards SA's Steyn consoling Steyn during NZ/SA SF on tuesday and is expecting something similar during today's India/AU SF match. a good expectation. Bookies favour Aussee but the way India sees it is different: India shud win. there is huge picture in today's The Australian showing on Wadhwa family doing worshipping(puja) for India's win. I keep fingers crossed. at 2 PM here two captains wil go for tossing. I wish India wins toss and go for batting. however, what Dhoni has in his minds.at 2.30 PM exact, match will start. since everybody all over the world will be watching the match there is no use in giving comments through TB forum. In california, indians sit in one house as a group and watch the match. it will be wednesday whole night. my SIL has taken leave to watch the match. it looks crazy but it is worth talking, watching etc etc - srinivasan

images

Courtesy: Google images. :)

Aussee won the toss and chose to bat; this position is not good for India. I am worried. SCG will help spinners when ashwin and jadeja will be our winning hero; so, if we India bat first, then spinners can get aussee out. so, we r in dis advantageous positon - srinivasan

old man Pakistani is also there; possibly to cheer Indians. nice to see him there - srinivasan

I think Indian team is in Australia since November and has got acclimatized to the Aussie environment & that should help us!

CA6pCfpWcAEB0ti.jpg:large

david warner out. good augury well done Men in Blue - srinivasan

yes smith and finch r doing well. these two have to go - srinivasan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back