• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Why South Indian Brahmins are intelligent?

Recently, I was invited as a Guest of honor for a Business Seminar in Mumbai on INCLUSIVE GROWTH and to speak on HR challenges under the chairmanship of Vice Chancellor of a very reputed University. During the preliminary meeting to structure the seminar, I had to meet the Director of the Management Institute, a young, dynamic Maharastrian gentleman with pleasing manners. During the course of informal discussion, he pleasantly surprised me by asking the question, "Why South Indian Brahmins are intelligent?" Even though I was educated in Tamilnadu, I was fortunate to travel and work in all major regions of India. Nobody has asked this question to me ever before. We brahmins were never recognized in Tamilnadu, even though our community has contributed tremendously for the field of Education, Arts, Health and Community Service. We had to migrate to other states and other countries not out of mere choice but out of compulsion. So I asked him a counter question, How will you increase the speed of water without altering the supply of water? He could not answer my question, may be due to lack of clarity in my question. I explained to him that only way to increase the speed of delivery is by narrowing down the aperture of the pipe. When the resistance increases and the given supply of water has to come out through narrow aperture and therefore automatic improvement in the speed of delivery and that is what happened to South Indian Brahmins, who migrated outside of Tamilnadu. So far suppressed and under utilized talents of South Indian Brahmins are well taken care of by other states including united states. We are all out with a vengeance to prove a point to so called Dravidian political parties and its self styled leaders, who have amassed brutal wealth with the empty slogan of seeing the god in the smiles of poor people. Hope you would agree with me.

Recently, I was invited as a Guest of honor for a Business Seminar in Mumbai on INCLUSIVE GROWTH and to speak on HR challenges under the chairmanship of Vice Chancellor of a very reputed University. During the preliminary meeting to structure the seminar, I had to meet the Director of the Management Institute, a young, dynamic Maharastrian gentleman with pleasing manners. During the course of informal discussion, he pleasantly surprised me by asking the question, "Why South Indian Brahmins are intelligent?" Even though I was educated in Tamilnadu, I was fortunate to travel and work in all major regions of India. Nobody has asked this question to me ever before. We brahmins were never recognized in Tamilnadu, even though our community has contributed tremendously for the field of Education, Arts, Health and Community Service. We had to migrate to other states and other countries not out of mere choice but out of compulsion. So I asked him a counter question, How will you increase the speed of water without altering the supply of water? He could not answer my question, may be due to lack of clarity in my question. I explained to him that only way to increase the speed of delivery is by narrowing down the aperture of the pipe. When the resistance increases and the given supply of water has to come out through narrow aperture and therefore automatic improvement in the speed of delivery and that is what happened to South Indian Brahmins, who migrated outside of Tamilnadu. So far suppressed and under utilized talents of South Indian Brahmins are well taken care of by other states including united states. We are all out with a vengeance to prove a point to so called Dravidian political parties and its self styled leaders, who have amassed brutal wealth with the empty slogan of seeing the god in the smiles of poor people. Hope you would agree with me.
👌👍🙏
Lord Narayana bless all. Very true question and totally true answer. I, my self, a Sri-Vaishnava Iyengar with rigid Brahmin culture, being a retired senior scientist (Govt of India) with meritorious double postgraduate in Science & Technology, my wife (PG) and two daughters (both meritorious PG in engineering and Management) are well placed in different states and foreign country are totally out of any professional contact with our birth-state Tamil Nadu. The reason is obvious. However, this forced “increase in flow-speed of water” has increased our adaptive nature in diverse social environment and made us to learn and master other languages besides mother tongue Tamil. I feel at this age, as an established senior citizen, it’s again the opportunity given by god. Learned personnel and intellectuals never stayed at one place nor lived a life of a frog in the well. The great historic intellectuals including the popular lady intellect “Auvaiyyar” from Tamil Nadu nor any sages from Vedic period were mobile most part of their life and never said any particular place or region as their own. This implies clearly that “higher the bird flies, more the area it can see” and it depends directly on bird’s wings strength. Whereas, for a Brahmin, instead of physical, the mental - Spiritual and intellectual strength is an asset and it has been encashed by others including Kings / rulers or used by the individual himself to lead a progressive life. Nothing wrong, let there be wells and let there be frogs. So far the horizon is open without any boundary, the intellect birds do have a vast unlimited space for an effective, meaningful and progressive living for itself and it’s progeny. The days are not far off when the wells will get dried (paucity of essentially needed intellectual resource) and the fanatic frogs have to jump out of every well and seek shelter elsewhere forcibly for survival, else Darwin theory will be proved correct once again. Alas! at that time, may be one or many decades, such frogs will be behind millions who have already become global. As Sri Ramanuja Acharya and many Acharyas preached, I do believe and practice, “The success of any individual-intellectual is in the success of every one around him”. Therefore and being a true follower of Veda and Brahminism, I do pray every day: May God save all living being on this earth, and bless everyone with necessary intellect and pardon even the evils and transform them / every daylight robber to a Valmiki for the prosperity of our divine land “Bharatham”. Jai Hind. Vande Matharam. Thanks 🙏.

Please excuse me for posting by mistake yesterday an incomplete, self-unedited reply (pressing wrong button/icon instead of return button). Please delete/omit it.
And, please read my updated, revised reply of this date spelled below:
———————————————————
Om Namo Narayanaya
Dt:15-March-2020
👌👍🙏
Lord Narayana bless all. Very true question and totally true answer. I am a Tamilian Sri-Vaishnava Iyengar, retired as Sr Scientist from the Dept. of Atomic Energy, Govt. of India and I believe in and trust our Vedic dictums and scientifically following till date the time-tested, age-old Brahmin culture. Despite self being a meritorious double postgraduate in Science & Technology, my wife (double graduate & a PG) and my two daughters (both meritorious PG in engineering and Management) have moved out of my home state Tamil Nadu and are well placed and recognised in other states of India and foreign country and practically we are totally out of any contact with our birth-state Tamil Nadu, but for one or two visits for some Ceremones. The reason is obvious and well known. Why so? What’s wrong in ‘university in diversity’? Why a real minority (many Brahmins are below poverty line with best qualification) is alienated? Answer is known but the mouths are sealed.
Yes, the forced “increase in flow-speed of water” has exponentially increased our adaptive nature in diverse geo-political environments and made us, the real minority in India, to learn and master other languages besides mother tongue Tamil. Hardly, any Brahmin from any state is ignorant of their mother-tongue and family culture. Yes, I am not confident about next generation, because of growing agony inside their brain and heart.
I feel at this age, as an established senior citizen, such uprooting is not a curse but a boon, the opportunity given by god to prove that the world still wants and recognise the talents. The history since Satyuga says that the Learned personnel and intellectuals never stayed at one place nor lived a life of a frog in the well. The great historic intellectuals, including the popular and most famous lady intellect revered unanimously by all the three great south-Indian Kings the Chera-Chola-Pandiyas of erstwhile “Kumari-kandam” poetess “Auvaiyyar” from Tamil Nadu and many sages from the Vedic period were purposely on their own were most mobile during their life and never said or adhered to any particular place or region. This implies clearly that “higher the bird flies, more the area it can see and learn” and of course, it depends directly on bird’s physical strength. Whereas, for a true Brahmin, instead of physical, the mental - Spiritual and intellectual strengths are the real assets and they were/are/will be encashed by others including Kings / rulers or used by the individual himself to lead a progressive life and live in an evolved civilisation. Nothing wrong, let there be wells and let there be frogs. So far the horizon is open without any boundary, the intellect birds do have a vast unlimited space for an effective, meaningful and progressive living for itself and it’s progeny. The days are not far off when the wells will get dried (paucity of essentially needed intellectual resource) and the fanatic frogs have to jump out of every well and seek shelter elsewhere forcibly or on their own for their own survival, else Darwin theory will be proved correct once again. Alas! at that time, may be after few decades, such frogs will be behind millions who have already become global and they will be far far behind in getting real benefits. As Sri Ramanuja Acharya and many Acharyas preached, I do believe and practice, “The success of any individual-intellectual is in the success of every one around him”. Therefore, being a true follower of Veda and Brahminism, I do pray every day for everyone (never for me): “May God save all living being created by him on this earth, and bless everyone with necessary intellect and health. May he pardon even the evils and transform them / every daylight robber if not to a Valmiki atleast to a virtuous human with Dhaka-Dharma attitude for the prosperity of our divine land Bharatha-kandam.
Please Note: There are exceptional people in all the four Varnas, doing against their dharma. That’s called as “Poorvajanma Karma” in Upanishadam. Also, there are many exceptionally brilliant personnel in non-Brahmins and doubly filtered, triply distilled idiots in (pseudo-) brahmins too. That’s why Varna Sastram is not caste sastram but Karma (Work/duty to be performed) sastram. An Engineer is an illiterate on Operation table and a Doctor is an illiterate on a dam construction site. All works and all humans are equal in the eyes of creator-god. Less understanding or misinterpretation of Varna Sastram by pseudo-intellectuals and hatred spread by pseudo-self centred bro-politicians led us to a disastrous living with lot of animosity among ourselves and indirectly spooling the reputation of most civilised great Bharatham. I wish to reiterate that let us do our karma with virtues, need not bother for the result. The US president late Abraham Lincoln rightly said, “I am a cobbler but aspire to be the best cobbler in the world”. Similarly, late Mahathma Gandhi was following all four varnas in his life. Also, I am happy to see that not only in India but elsewhere in the world too, Vedic culture and divine Language Sanskrithm along with vegetarianism are widely encouraged, many started practicing and preaching. Unfortunately, the Coronavirus and widely used social media may force many to become vegetarian and start doing 🙏 than 🤝. Yes, some learn by teachings, some by experience and many by suffering. Ultimately one has to learn right and wrong. That’s called “Sri-Krishnam”. Namaskarams.
Please pardon me if any of my words spelled above are wrong and unknowingly hurt any one. My true intention is “Healthy & harmonious Living in this Kaliyugam”.
Jai Hind. Vande Matharam. Thanks 🙏. V.Rajagopalan, Bangalore

Very true.

Excellent my friend."TAMIZHEN ENDRU SOLLADA THALAI NIMIRNDHU NILLADA'.
Please excuse me for posting by mistake yesterday an incomplete, self-unedited reply (pressing wrong button/icon instead of return button). Please delete/omit it.
And, please read my updated, revised reply of this date spelled below:
———————————————————
Om Namo Narayanaya
Dt:15-March-2020
👌👍🙏
Lord Narayana bless all. Very true question and totally true answer. I am a Tamilian Sri-Vaishnava Iyengar, retired as Sr Scientist from the Dept. of Atomic Energy, Govt. of India and I believe in and trust our Vedic dictums and scientifically following till date the time-tested, age-old Brahmin culture. Despite self being a meritorious double postgraduate in Science & Technology, my wife (double graduate & a PG) and my two daughters (both meritorious PG in engineering and Management) have moved out of my home state Tamil Nadu and are well placed and recognised in other states of India and foreign country and practically we are totally out of any contact with our birth-state Tamil Nadu, but for one or two visits for some Ceremones. The reason is obvious and well known. Why so? What’s wrong in ‘university in diversity’? Why a real minority (many Brahmins are below poverty line with best qualification) is alienated? Answer is known but the mouths are sealed.
Yes, the forced “increase in flow-speed of water” has exponentially increased our adaptive nature in diverse geo-political environments and made us, the real minority in India, to learn and master other languages besides mother tongue Tamil. Hardly, any Brahmin from any state is ignorant of their mother-tongue and family culture. Yes, I am not confident about next generation, because of growing agony inside their brain and heart.
I feel at this age, as an established senior citizen, such uprooting is not a curse but a boon, the opportunity given by god to prove that the world still wants and recognise the talents. The history since Satyuga says that the Learned personnel and intellectuals never stayed at one place nor lived a life of a frog in the well. The great historic intellectuals, including the popular and most famous lady intellect revered unanimously by all the three great south-Indian Kings the Chera-Chola-Pandiyas of erstwhile “Kumari-kandam” poetess “Auvaiyyar” from Tamil Nadu and many sages from the Vedic period were purposely on their own were most mobile during their life and never said or adhered to any particular place or region. This implies clearly that “higher the bird flies, more the area it can see and learn” and of course, it depends directly on bird’s physical strength. Whereas, for a true Brahmin, instead of physical, the mental - Spiritual and intellectual strengths are the real assets and they were/are/will be encashed by others including Kings / rulers or used by the individual himself to lead a progressive life and live in an evolved civilisation. Nothing wrong, let there be wells and let there be frogs. So far the horizon is open without any boundary, the intellect birds do have a vast unlimited space for an effective, meaningful and progressive living for itself and it’s progeny. The days are not far off when the wells will get dried (paucity of essentially needed intellectual resource) and the fanatic frogs have to jump out of every well and seek shelter elsewhere forcibly or on their own for their own survival, else Darwin theory will be proved correct once again. Alas! at that time, may be after few decades, such frogs will be behind millions who have already become global and they will be far far behind in getting real benefits. As Sri Ramanuja Acharya and many Acharyas preached, I do believe and practice, “The success of any individual-intellectual is in the success of every one around him”. Therefore, being a true follower of Veda and Brahminism, I do pray every day for everyone (never for me): “May God save all living being created by him on this earth, and bless everyone with necessary intellect and health. May he pardon even the evils and transform them / every daylight robber if not to a Valmiki atleast to a virtuous human with Dhaka-Dharma attitude for the prosperity of our divine land Bharatha-kandam.
Please Note: There are exceptional people in all the four Varnas, doing against their dharma. That’s called as “Poorvajanma Karma” in Upanishadam. Also, there are many exceptionally brilliant personnel in non-Brahmins and doubly filtered, triply distilled idiots in (pseudo-) brahmins too. That’s why Varna Sastram is not caste sastram but Karma (Work/duty to be performed) sastram. An Engineer is an illiterate on Operation table and a Doctor is an illiterate on a dam construction site. All works and all humans are equal in the eyes of creator-god. Less understanding or misinterpretation of Varna Sastram by pseudo-intellectuals and hatred spread by pseudo-self centred bro-politicians led us to a disastrous living with lot of animosity among ourselves and indirectly spooling the reputation of most civilised great Bharatham. I wish to reiterate that let us do our karma with virtues, need not bother for the result. The US president late Abraham Lincoln rightly said, “I am a cobbler but aspire to be the best cobbler in the world”. Similarly, late Mahathma Gandhi was following all four varnas in his life. Also, I am happy to see that not only in India but elsewhere in the world too, Vedic culture and divine Language Sanskrithm along with vegetarianism are widely encouraged, many started practicing and preaching. Unfortunately, the Coronavirus and widely used social media may force many to become vegetarian and start doing 🙏 than 🤝. Yes, some learn by teachings, some by experience and many by suffering. Ultimately one has to learn right and wrong. That’s called “Sri-Krishnam”. Namaskarams.
Please pardon me if any of my words spelled above are wrong and unknowingly hurt any one. My true intention is “Healthy & harmonious Living in this Kaliyugam”.
Jai Hind. Vande Matharam. Thanks 🙏. V.Rajagopalan, Bangalore
EXCELLENT SWAMIN .DASAN ADIYEN. SATYA MEVA JAYATHEY.

Dear Mr. Shridaran Mahadevan,

Your opinion is absolutely true and practical.
In the name of quota system - which is misunderstood and misinterpreted for a long time the Brahmins are actually harassed by the politicians and officials. Now a days education is totally diluted and people are not identified through their degree they are identified through their positions which actually doesn't suit them at all and moreover they don't deserve those posts at all. The undeserving people gaining power in the name of upliftment has made all the worthy Brahmins to relocate to places they are unwilling. Thus the intelligence is forced and diverted also.

On questions of whether Tamil Brahmins are the most smug, conceited, self-important people, the answer would be a resounding yes. I have nothing against them per se. But questions like these that purportedly show off their superiority teem Quora, almost reducing the platform to a Reddit of sorts. If Tamil Brahmins claim they get a lot of antogonism and heat coming their way in TN, it’s completely on them. There are a myriad beautiful people and communities inhabiting India and the subcontinent. If these Tamil Brahmins are not able to see that, I do not what is the point in being intelligent. For a community that claims to be ‘intelligent’ they do not seem to have this figured out.

It’s extremely racist if you think that one group is superior to another, anyone from any race can be equally as intelligent as a Tamil Brahmin.

Last edited:
I am not a Tamil Brahmin but I cant help sharing this:

Well accomplished medical proffessional...was able to self study sanskrit as a adult without any teacher and cleared my sanskrit exams with 95% and teach it too now and also know 5 other languages and read and write arabic well and musically trained in western music..able to read and grasp any religion.
I am able to study anything at any age.

So you see after all the bragging I am doing it just shows if you put your effort in anything you can attain anything.

I dont really think any one race has extra brains.

As much as some love to compare TBs with Jews the fact is Jews eat beef that too slow cutting of the jugular vein Kosher cut.
They are not sattva...no thayir sadam for tryptophan supply to the body...yet they are known for their "brains".

I have met many intelligent people from different communities and different races.
Just now I was seeing a Nat Geo documentary of Peruvian tribe and their hunting skills to shoot tru water to fish and OMG! Their patience and skills are so Arjuna like.
This itself is an intelligence to put everything together for survival.

Everyone in this world has brains yet the smart phone is made in Korea (Samsung).

Last edited:
If we the Tamil Brahmins are so intelligent why not one is in the list of Richest Indians?

2019 Indian billionaires top 60

RankNameNet worth (USD)Sources of wealth
1Mukesh Ambani50.0 billiondiversified
2Azim Premji22.6 billionsoftware services
3Shiv Nadar14.6 billionsoftware services
4Lakshmi Mittal13.6 billionsteel
5Uday Kotak11.8 billionbanking
6Kumar Mangalam Birla11.1 billioncommodities
7Radhakishan Damani11.1 billioninvestments, retail
8Cyrus Poonawalla9.5 billionvaccines
9Gautam Adani8.7 billioncommodities, ports
10Dilip Shanghvi7.6 billionpharmaceuticals

If we the Tamil Brahmins are so intelligent why not one is in the list of Richest Indians?

Got to disagree a bit..money and intelligence are not always directly proportional.

Generally i feel Brahmins tend to not want too much money or too less money.

I might not agree that only Tamil Brahmins are intelligent but I generally feel they dont have too many desires.

Many super rich might not be very ethical and not all play by the rules.

I think most Brahmins usually play by the rules and mostly ethical..something that doesnt always translate as being on the richest list of India.

To me I feel true richness is
Richness in dharma/ethics and poverty in desires..this combination guarentees success but it might not get you to be super duper rich.

To be honest we dont really need that much money to survive.

I think most Brahmins usually play by the rules and mostly ethical..something that doesnt always translate as being on the richest list of India.

Renukaji, Agree with your above post except this statement. Many Brahmins and same goes true for other communities , who have got their brain rigged by the sanghis, do not follow any ethics. They indulge in unethical practices in businesses and corporates and govt as their mind no longer has the ability to discern any karma or right vs wrong. They are driven purely by emotions of hatred and anger.

Most of the people who are mind rigged don't even know it is a sanghi project designed to fill the minds with hatred against Muslims. This is exactly similar to how the taliban mind rigs its fighters, whose minds a re filled with hatred and anger. The only job is,to spew hatred and attack Muslims and Christians.

That's why, how much ever you argue with them that killing an innocent 21 yr old tabrez is morally, ethically and karmically wrong, it does not change their mind. For them, all these are collateral damages, in their war to teach a lesson to muslims for what happened during Ghazni war and Mughal rule. Rediculous but unfortunately true.

That's what this mind rigging does...removes karma, removes right vs wrong, removes compassion, removes forgiveness, removes human values. You cannot make out when you talk to them normally, but strongly disagree with them no their views, you will see the vicious hatred, anger and vengeance. Like we see in this very forum.

Renukaji, Agree with your above post except this statement. Many Brahmins and same goes true for other communities , who have got their brain rigged by the sanghis, do not follow any ethics. They indulge in unethical practices in businesses and corporates and govt as their mind no longer has the ability to discern any karma or right vs wrong. They are driven purely by emotions of hatred and anger.

Most of the people who are mind rigged don't even know it is a sanghi project designed to fill the minds with hatred against Muslims. This is exactly similar to how the taliban mind rigs its fighters, whose minds a re filled with hatred and anger. The only job is,to spew hatred and attack Muslims and Christians.

That's why, how much ever you argue with them that killing an innocent 21 yr old tabrez is morally, ethically and karmically wrong, it does not change their mind. For them, all these are collateral damages, in their war to teach a lesson to muslims for what happened during Ghazni war and Mughal rule. Rediculous but unfortunately true.

That's what this mind rigging does...removes karma, removes right vs wrong, removes compassion, removes forgiveness, removes human values. You cannot make out when you talk to them normally, but strongly disagree with them no their views, you will see the vicious hatred, anger and vengeance. Like we see in this very forum.
Dear JK ji..
Hate is universal.
I wont hold just 1 community alone responsible for hate.

Now all hate has to stop cos of Covid 19.

I guess God wants all of us to behave and not live in the past....regardless of religion

Dear JK ji..
Hate is universal.
I wont hold just 1 community alone responsible for hate.

Now all hate has to stop cos of Covid 19.

I guess God wants all of us to behave and not live in the past....regardless of religion

Agreed, hate is not specific to one community.

My point is the entire concert of ethics, honesty and integrity has gone out of the window by this mind rigging project as it removes karma, value systems completely leading to moral bankruptcy.

hi

tvs/ some other companis still survive in DRAVIDIAN rule.....its big achievement....more than anything..

Got to disagree a bit..money and intelligence are not always directly proportional.

Generally i feel Brahmins tend to not want too much money or too less money.

I might not agree that only Tamil Brahmins are intelligent but I generally feel they dont have too many desires.

Many super rich might not be very ethical and not all play by the rules.

To me I feel true richness is
Richness in dharma/ethics and poverty in desires..this combination guarentees success but it might not get you to be super duper rich.

To be honest we dont really need that much money to survive.

Want not generally do not have enough, and they invent an explanation, and console themselves that we should not have a desire.
People who work for themselves have the desire to progress are the only people who are rich. The super-intelligent (on paper or IQ test) do not prosper in the real world. They can only be 2nd best.

I’ve known some really smart people who never did anything with it.

They stayed teaching or working for some company like Ambani's.

Last edited:
There is a small number of lets say wise and intelligent people that are actually not giving anything on this material world has to offer and are preoccupied with existential or philosophical questions and consider anything else less important. (usually these are the gurus, the monks, the philosophers… but don`t forget that even in these cases we have exceptions where people approach these subjects in a business point of view and go for profits ).

Intelligence is not a single thing. There are multiple types of intelligence.

Getting rich in a capitalist society requires financial and business intelligence, and also a particular kind of social intelligence that can allow someone to climb the socioeconomic ladder.

Many intelligent people in the sense you are talking about are simply good at other things, whether it be science, art, philosophy, or whatever.

Plus, personality traits matter more than raw intelligence in getting rich. There are lots of smart, introverted, neurotic people who aren't your natural moguls, CEOs, or investors. They often function as specialist employees within the middle of the economic hierarchy.

hi

all rich ppl are not so intelligent......not all intelligents are so rich.....take a note....generally many south indian

brahmins IAS officers were not so rich....but they are very intelligent....only some exceptions among jewish ppl...

they are very rich and intelligent too...

Jai Sri Ram
OMG! From the questions and answers, remarks and comments, it’s very clear that all are very clear of their own convictions and have tremendous skill to defend their points. This is actually called as “Intelligence”-ability to transform acquired knowledge in time and justify an action or reaction. Can I call it as debate-skill? What’s shrewdness than? It’s also a part of Intelligence. What’s cunningness? Can I include this also a survival strategy in a competitive materialistic world. If, yes, than these skills of intelligence are needed for becoming so called “rich” and to run or lead one to the listed tops of “Business-riches”. I am convinced (may not be able to convince others) that intelligent need not be an intellectual. To my limited knowledge after reading, practicing great Veda and Upanishadam, our Acharyas (unfortunately Brahmins and Brahminism are misused and mis-interpreted - an evolved culture, essentially not of any clan, else there won’t be Valmiki or many Aazwars or Viswamithra) always said intelligent one can become any time but difficult to become an intellectual and that too spiritually evolved intellectual, who never bothers to acquire more than needed wealth or materialistic things but bother for the overall healthy harmonious living of human being and other creations (no killing of moving life, else immediately some one say DrJC Bose proved plants have life) of nature/god. The one who practice these concepts or learn or preach with dharma is called “Brahmin” and the concept is called broadly “Brahminism”. So anyone can become a Sri Vaishnava-as Sri Ramanujacharya preached and practiced way back 1000AD it self. If so, how a true Brahmin or who try to follow (generation after generation, may be called as ritualism) can be in the so-called “Materialistic Rich” list? Why he should be? If one believes in supreme almighty than Veda says “One should evolve as a human from an ignorant to knowledgeable to intelligent to intellectual and finally enlightened” and try to get salvation from this vicious cycle of life and death, flesh & blood, etc. Therefore, to conclude, in my opinion, no creation (any life) on this earth is inferior or superior to any co-existing species and mere ignorance (as stated above by me) makes one to to live in the world of illusion called “Maya”. All creations are equally good (I won’t say equally bad) and beautiful. Let us have the real eyes with true wisdom to see the beauty and enjoy life with harmony, in the name of Lord Narayana or any god one believe. Have trust on him, he will show the true path of salvation. May god bless all. V.Rajagopalan Iyengar, Bangalore (Australia)- Retd. Nuclear Scientist, Govt. of India.
NB: Please excuse me for any stressed word or expression.

It is a wrong notion to say Brahmins are intelligent. By far the backward communities are far more intelligent than the Brahmins. However the Brahmins had all the opportunity during the British rule in India. Starting from Nehru the Gandhi Dynasty took all the opportunity to develop the Brahmin community. I have seen many times in the middle east, when a scheduled or lower caste comes to work. The work really hard in low jobs. Then when the kids are born they send the kids to private school and other American schools. When they graduate they speak better than the Brahmins, more confident, more intelligent, and they look very attractive because these kids live indoors with air condition, drink milk and eat cheese they grow taller and the brain works better. With a few years they are outstanding and do a better job than Brahmins because there are more healthier as well. So stop saying Brahmins are intelligent. It is like saying 95% of Indians are *******.

Last edited by a moderator:

"....
Seraamal iruppathu?
Kalviyum Selvamum
Serndhea iruppathu?
Varumayum pulamaiyum
...."
Sounds like I heard this in some tamil movie
Thiruvin vilayaadal

Last edited:
It is a wrong notion to say Brahmins are intelligent. By far the backward communities are far more intelligent than the Brahmins. However the Brahmins had all the opportunity during the British rule in India. Starting from Nehru the Gandhi Dynasty took all the opportunity to develop the Brahmin community. I have seen many times in the middle east, when a scheduled or lower caste comes to work. The work really hard in low jobs. Then when the kids are born they send the kids to private school and other American schools. When they graduate they speak better than the Brahmins, more confident, more intelligent, and they look very attractive because these kids live indoors with air condition, drink milk and eat cheese they grow taller and the brain works better. With a few years they are outstanding and do a better job than Brahmins because there are more healthier as well. So stop saying Brahmins are intelligent. It is like saying 95% of Indians are *******.
Among Indians there are some who are intelligent, some not so intelligent.
Among the some who are intelligent, there are also some whom others refer to as brahmins. Incidentally (or coincidentally!!!) the number of so-called-brahmins in the intelligent bracket is significant and it is no mean figure so much so that whoever is intelligent is figuratively referred to as brahmin.
As per this definition, Dr Renuka is a brahmin.
In a democracy, numbers/metrics matter.

Last edited:
The Maharashtrian gentleman's observation was pertinent because of significant migration of Brahmins from Tamilnadu and Kerala to Bombay in search of jobs those days. Not so much in other communities who settled down locally.,
Brahmins because of their intelligence proved to be great teachers in subjects like Maths,Physics,and Languages like English and Sanskrit and Hindi.A trichy based Christian college had a large no. of Brahmin teachers from nearby Srirangam in the early 60s.
Few Brahmins like TVS &Sons were in business like public transport and goods carriers and were known for moderate charges and punctuality in service.
There were many in Agriculture and employed people and
paid them well and also munificently fed and nurtured the
village poor.
Hotels and Eateries were a business line the Brahmins were in,but ethics and fairness in Business was only their motto;
but never to amass wealth or indulge in pomp and luxury.
They also promoted good cultural and religious values in the
people ,started free boarding schools for poor boys and
built or renovated local temples and so on.
So much for Brahmin Intelligence.

Latest ads

Back