• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Why South Indian Brahmins are intelligent?

krish44

Gold Member
Gold Member
Every Tamil brahmin take pride on high educational qualifications and ability to perform in high paying jobs in MNC.
Most brahmins would like to be advisers or consultants with stable income .Not many would like to set up or own companies. They are averse to take risks for professional growth
They can only be number two in company .
Similarly Tamils take pride in tamil culture whatever it might mean to them.
TB are no different from other communities or castes.No reason to feel superior or inferior.
They need to accept the new realities where intermediate castes have become theruling class and they have to go to other states and countries for better living

krish44

Gold Member
Gold Member
All is not lost yet.
In states like uttara khand brhmins are very high numbers.and their votes matter.
In UP all political parties BSP Samajwadi party and congress all fight for brahmin vote bank and advisers.
In fact no political party can come to power in UP or centre without brahmin vote in UP.
TBs have lost the game in TN due to telegus posing as dravidians and calling brahmins as Aryans from outside the state.
Unfotunately brahmins in TN are not a militant class.
In north in UP there is even a brahmin dacoit using gun.who was killed in encounter.lol
No poltical party can ignorr the brahmin class as in villages they are the opinion makers .Their marginal vote decides who will rule UP.
TB s haveno leaders who can mobilise them and get them political power.
They can fight for reservation in jobs in TN and make their votes count.b
Running away from state is no solution.

I do NOT want to discuss whether Brahmins are brilliant or not.But ALL super rich are THIEVES!.Many are legal thieves.This is applicable in US also.Einstein was never rich!Bill Gate is rich.

Mani_Chennai

Every Tamil brahmin take pride on high educational qualifications and ability to perform in high paying jobs in MNC.
Most brahmins would like to be advisers or consultants with stable income .Not many would like to set up or own companies. They are averse to take risks for professional growth
They can only be number two in company .
Similarly Tamils take pride in tamil culture whatever it might mean to them.
TB are no different from other communities or castes.No reason to feel superior or inferior.
They need to accept the new realities where intermediate castes have become theruling class and they have to go to other states and countries for better living
Business and risk taking takes place over a long time. If you look at the history of Brahmins liberated , it is less than 100 years. Also, trying to be happy over spending all time to earn money , die leaving a pile of money - family coffer for future generation for bootstrapping takes time to mature. Also, one should learn the art of bribing without getting caught. I knew one person(he died a few years back) told me what should be done to cheat Income and Sales tax people. So, those who are starting business are learning those skills and in a few years they will amaze money and power. That is not good for the society. That instead of sharing knowledge an uplifting the whole society it goes to their own dynasty. Look (if we believe in story) a Brahmins Paramour, to avenge a few killed several generations of Kshatriyas, which Kshatriyas doing to others. Brahman Gods, Brahmins Kings ( a few in the North) in general will not be good.

One Brahman in Pallava time became the Army chief and killed the entire population including Brahmin, women, animals etc., So, if you give power to highly educated or intelligent people, it will destroy the Brahman community entirely in the future - just like Parasurama did to Kshatriyas. Brahmins are now becoming scientists and Professors in the West and creating knowledge wealth which will benefit the whole world. They will not become poor again. Chanakiyas are now born in the West through migrated Brahmins. Just visit San Jose in California with temples and Tamail Barhmin ladies wearing Kanchivaram Saries walking without any fear from any illiterate Dravidan goons. A very long time Sir CP Ramaswamy Iyer said, I will take all Brahmins to Brazil, but now Brahmins are migrating to USA on their own merits. Carnatic Music, Tamil, Sanskrit, Vedas are slowly taking root there.

Mani_Chennai

Jai Sri Ram
OMG! From the questions and answers, remarks and comments, it’s very clear that all are very clear of their own convictions and have tremendous skill to defend their points. This is actually called as “Intelligence”-ability to transform acquired knowledge in time and justify an action or reaction. Can I call it as debate-skill? What’s shrewdness than? It’s also a part of Intelligence. What’s cunningness? Can I include this also a survival strategy in a competitive materialistic world. If, yes, than these skills of intelligence are needed for becoming so called “rich” and to run or lead one to the listed tops of “Business-riches”. I am convinced (may not be able to convince others) that intelligent need not be an intellectual. To my limited knowledge after reading, practicing great Veda and Upanishadam, our Acharyas (unfortunately Brahmins and Brahminism are misused and mis-interpreted - an evolved culture, essentially not of any clan, else there won’t be Valmiki or many Aazwars or Viswamithra) always said intelligent one can become any time but difficult to become an intellectual and that too spiritually evolved intellectual, who never bothers to acquire more than needed wealth or materialistic things but bother for the overall healthy harmonious living of human being and other creations (no killing of moving life, else immediately some one say DrJC Bose proved plants have life) of nature/god. The one who practice these concepts or learn or preach with dharma is called “Brahmin” and the concept is called broadly “Brahminism”. So anyone can become a Sri Vaishnava-as Sri Ramanujacharya preached and practiced way back 1000AD it self. If so, how a true Brahmin or who try to follow (generation after generation, may be called as ritualism) can be in the so-called “Materialistic Rich” list? Why he should be? If one believes in supreme almighty than Veda says “One should evolve as a human from an ignorant to knowledgeable to intelligent to intellectual and finally enlightened” and try to get salvation from this vicious cycle of life and death, flesh & blood, etc. Therefore, to conclude, in my opinion, no creation (any life) on this earth is inferior or superior to any co-existing species and mere ignorance (as stated above by me) makes one to to live in the world of illusion called “Maya”. All creations are equally good (I won’t say equally bad) and beautiful. Let us have the real eyes with true wisdom to see the beauty and enjoy life with harmony, in the name of Lord Narayana or any god one believe. Have trust on him, he will show the true path of salvation. May god bless all. V.Rajagopalan Iyengar, Bangalore (Australia)- Retd. Nuclear Scientist, Govt. of India.
NB: Please excuse me for any stressed word or expression.
Without offense, “ V.Rajagopalan Iyengar, Bangalore (Australia)- Retd. Nuclear Scientist, Govt. of India” in your observation, what is the purpose? Is it: very clear of their own convictions and have tremendous skill to defend their points. This is actually called as “Intelligence”-ability to transform acquired knowledge in time and justify an action or reaction. Can I call it as debate-skill? What’s shrewdness than? It’s also a part of Intelligence. What’s cunningness? .I don't thinks so. This last statement you have added is not for ego satisfication or to claim authority. That is habit of being a retired Govt. Employee. Thus, when we share in a forum, it is to see if we have understood the true meaning of what was taught to us. Historical events when written, do not say “what did they actually mean”. If they have done, why Shankara, Ramanaujam Buddha and others have write treaties and Bhashayas on well knwon(?) or well understood facts on “GOD or Atma or Rituals”? The meaning got lost along the line.

A recent discovery in Iraque (Old Mesopotamia) a document on Kuron has notes on the side which says” Friday Namas is not necessary and required, but one can feel free to do it if necessary”. But all the Kuron books had already been published and this note never got into updated version. So, if we take the Brahman population based on age groups to day – less than 20 years old, 20 to 40 years old , 40-60 years old, 60+ do we have the same understanding of what is being a Brahman? When we debate here based on our age group, we see the rest not understanding our Brahminical values. So, the forum is flushing out ideas and suggestions to come out simple, yet realistic to follow within the given current socio-politico-econmic situations with most migrating to West. If we all agree on the same thing and pretend we understand them, then discussions are useless.

sravna

Dear Sravna,
As much as your post is fine, I do not think " higher thinking" is limited to any one specific community.

A lot of Brazilian doctors are pioneers in many new surgical procedures.
Even the Surgery for Tetralogy of Fallot, the pioneer was not even a doctor but an African American janitor who just knew what should be done and he also got imput from dreams..he finally became a doctor but the sugery he pioneered was when he was a janitor.

You have to understand, Brahmins are intellectually oriented as that is their rice bowl and its also because the community enviroment views intelligence as a chudamani and lack of intelligence is worse than poverty.
Other communities in the past didnt value education because they owned tons of land and were always having a secure rice bowl.
Others who were poor didnt have means to study.

Now trends are changing and everyone values education.
So you would see many capable of anything.

Coming to grasping spiritual truth, that too actually does not need "higher thinking".
In fact thinking itself is a major hindrance..its unlearning which enables us to perceive the revelations which flashes to us.

We mistake Rishis to be scientist that analysed everything related to spirituality.
Rishis were scientists in science no doubt but in grasping Reality, they knew they had to delete all browsing data of knowledge in their mind, clear the cache and be in a state of Being, a mind sans waves of knowledge..only then Jnaana is revealed.

There is a difference between knowledge and jnaana.
Jnaana is not knowledge.
Jnaana is revelations that is revealed to those who have mastered the art of unlearning.

Even Bhagawan Ramana Maharishi had mentioned that unlearning leads to realization.
Dear Renuka,

Yes you are correct. Brahmins focus on education played a great role for them being in the forefront of knowledge acquisition. As you say this is changing now.

I would like to make one thing clear. Inspite of using the word "higher" as in higher thinking I do not imply it is superior to other types of thinking. Creative and analytical thinking all play pivotal roles too in knowledge acquisition and are equally precious.

I am only saying as there are different types of people there are different types of thinking. All lead ultimately to the same truths because truths are the same.

What do you think?
Dear Sravna,
As much as your post is fine, I do not think " higher thinking" is limited to any one specific community.

A lot of Brazilian doctors are pioneers in many new surgical procedures.
Even the Surgery for Tetralogy of Fallot, the pioneer was not even a doctor but an African American janitor who just knew what should be done and he also got imput from dreams..he finally became a doctor but the sugery he pioneered was when he was a janitor.

You have to understand, Brahmins are intellectually oriented as that is their rice bowl and its also because the community enviroment views intelligence as a chudamani and lack of intelligence is worse than poverty.
Other communities in the past didnt value education because they owned tons of land and were always having a secure rice bowl.
Others who were poor didnt have means to study.

Now trends are changing and everyone values education.
So you would see many capable of anything.

Coming to grasping spiritual truth, that too actually does not need "higher thinking".
In fact thinking itself is a major hindrance..its unlearning which enables us to perceive the revelations which flashes to us.

We mistake Rishis to be scientist that analysed everything related to spirituality.
Rishis were scientists in science no doubt but in grasping Reality, they knew they had to delete all browsing data of knowledge in their mind, clear the cache and be in a state of Being, a mind sans waves of knowledge..only then Jnaana is revealed.

There is a difference between knowledge and jnaana.
Jnaana is not knowledge.
Jnaana is revelations that is revealed to those who have mastered the art of unlearning.

Even Bhagawan Ramana Maharishi had mentioned that unlearning leads to realization.

sravna

Another pertinent point I would like to make is that it is the scientists who dismiss summarily other types of thinking. Experimental study and providing physical evidence are paramount to them and is the only right way of acquiring knowledge.

I think they will not go beyond a point and find themselves cornered in contradictions if they stick to their current philosophy of accepting only physical evidence. They will soon understand that there is existence beyond physical and they have to come to grips with it and proceed accordingly.

The spiritual people have by and large given credence to other source of knowledge than only by direct perception. It is only the other side that remains adamant.

renuka

Gold Member
Gold Member
Dear Renuka,

Yes you are correct. Brahmins focus on education played a great role for them being in the forefront of knowledge acquisition. As you say this is changing now.

I would like to make one thing clear. Inspite of using the word "higher" as in higher thinking I do not imply it is superior to other types of thinking. Creative and analytical thinking all play pivotal roles too in knowledge acquisition and are equally precious.

I am only saying as there are different types of people there are different types of thinking. All lead ultimately to the same truths because truths are the same.

What do you think?
Dear Sravna,
There are different modes of thinking no doubt but its not fixed..it changes and as the saying goes " Change is the only constant"

20 years ago surely I was different in my mode of thinking...I used to think intellect is the prized gem of a human.

Now I realized the intellect only collects data, it can hijack the ahamkara and ahamkara identifies with the accomplishment of the intellect.

Now I understand that the Ahamkara is not the enemy,..its striving hard to identify with the Divine and to be an instrument of the Divine but the Intellect( Buddhi) keeps hijacking it.

Only when the Intellect is in a state of surrender, one can see that the Ahamkara identifies with the Divine and becomes the instrument.

The Aham here is no more me or you but the actual AHAM( I as in Divinity).

All these was not known to me back then.
So didnt my mode of thinking change?

The mind can go either way anytime..it can " uplift" itself or " degrade" itself at any time as in the verse from the Gita below..

uddhared atmanatmanam natmanam avasadayet
atmaiva hyatmano bandhur atmaiva ripur atmanah​

Translation​

BG 6.5: Elevate yourself through the power of your mind, and not degrade yourself, for the mind can be the friend and also the enemy of the self.

So Sravna, different modes of thinking wont be permenant, it will change..even criminals have transformed.

Vaagmi Gene theory also wont hold good once the intellect surrenders because once a person becomes an instrument instead of doer, everything from education to intelligence to genes is totally by passed.
Gene theories only have some effect when one is still very much ruled by the intellect.
Once one surrenders,the intellect experiences jnaana as in experience and direct perception, hence Anubhavam Eva Shastram( Experience is verily Shastras)
The intellect which has direct perception would know different dimensions to relevant fields and one wont claim the doer ship of that and will realize its not their original thought either.

So how can I say that there are different thinking?
Its Yes and No in the sense that there can be difference in a given time and place but No as in its in a state of constant change.

Last edited:

sravna

Dear Renuka,

I understand the gist of your post that every thing finally evolves to be the same. But changes in thinking won't happen fast and differences exist in the physical universe with a purpose. That purpose is exactly to learn from one another and reach a unified state.

So till differences exist which will be for a long time we have to learn to coexist. Emphasis on how in essence there is equality of all people has to be made.

What you see is the goal but the process will take its course till then.

Given each one's limitation as a human there would be no learning if there are no differences.

renuka

Gold Member
Gold Member
Dear Renuka,

I understand the gist of your post that every thing finally evolves to be the same. But changes in thinking won't happen fast and differences exist in the physical universe with a purpose. That purpose is exactly to learn from one another and reach a unified state.

So till differences exist which will be for a long time we have to learn to coexist. Emphasis on how in essence there is equality of all people has to be made.

What you see is the goal but the process will take its course till then.

Given each one's limitation as a human there would be no learning if there are no differences.
Dear Sravna,
Change in thinking for some can even be instant and for some others years.
We should not measure change in the time matrix.

Did you see the Olympics?
A runner from China ran in the 100meter finals..though he didnt win but he became the first Asian male to run in a 100 meter finals which is usually dominated by those of African and Jamaican ancestory.

When he ran in the finals the tabloid carried the headlines that " Gene theory is challenged"

No doubt his coach was an African American but still gene theory did not hold as good.

Did you see some African Americans star runners who didnt win the gold as expected?
Most of them were having mental health issues and could not give the best as before.

Again why? Cos of environmental factors.
Atheletes from many countries were more into uploading pics on Instagram and got distracted.

So you see no one human is specialized ..they become specialized.
Also we have been calling intelligence as only cerebral intelligence.

There are many types of intelligence.
Intelligence finally is a skill.
The word Acharya means one who imparts a skill.

So skill can range from cerebral to non cerebral intelligence.

We make a big blunder by limiting intelligence to the brain and intellect.
Our entire body has its specialized intelligence.
Cardiac cells, renal cells differ in function yet have their inherent intelligence encoded as bio memory.

I have stopped calling " non living "things as inanimate and inert as even a stone has universal consciousness pervading it.

What if we are not aware of network of perception in a stone?
There is so much we dont know..so for me everything is pulsating with consciousness and quantum potential of intelligence..its either you make it work for you or you make it work againsts you.

sravna

Dear Sravna,
Change in thinking for some can even be instant and for some others years.
We should not measure change in the time matrix.

Did you see the Olympics?
A runner from China ran in the 100meter finals..though he didnt win but he became the first Asian male to run in a 100 meter finals which is usually dominated by those of African and Jamaican ancestory.

When he ran in the finals the tabloid carried the headlines that " Gene theory is challenged"

No doubt his coach was an African American but still gene theory did not hold as good.

Did you see some African Americans star runners who didnt win the gold as expected?
Most of them were having mental health issues and could not give the best as before.

Again why? Cos of environmental factors.
Atheletes from many countries were more into uploading pics on Instagram and got distracted.

So you see no one human is specialized ..they become specialized.
Also we have been calling intelligence as only cerebral intelligence.

There are many types of intelligence.
Intelligence finally is a skill.
The word Acharya means one who imparts a skill.

So skill can range from cerebral to non cerebral intelligence.

We make a big blunder by limiting intelligence to the brain and intellect.
Our entire body has its specialized intelligence.
Cardiac cells, renal cells differ in function yet have their inherent intelligence encoded as bio memory.

I have stopped calling " non living "things as inanimate and inert as even a stone has universal consciousness pervading it.

What if we are not aware of network of perception in a stone?
There is so much we dont know..so for me everything is pulsating with consciousness and quantum potential of intelligence..its either you make it work for you or you make it work againsts you.
Ok. Good point. What we call intelligence is associated with brain. But as you say everything is there in the act.

Even in that case they fall into typical categories depending on how they respond to forces. I mean whether they are able to cope up or not.

We do know very very little about reality especially the details but if we consider the spiritual knowledge at our disposal we seem to possess a pretty good grip about it at a very high level.

We need to act based on what we know. If someone does not trust that knowledge he is basically wanting to act in the dark.

In my view given enough spiritual knowledge we need to work on expanding it and get into the details. Though I am not saying that is the only way to knowledge. I am just stating my personal view of what I think is a goldmine that is largely untapped.

renuka

Gold Member
Gold Member
Ok. Good point. What we call intelligence is associated with brain. But as you say everything is there in the act.

Even in that case they fall into typical categories depending on how they respond to forces. I mean whether they are able to cope up or not.

We do know very very little about reality especially the details but if we consider the spiritual knowledge at our disposal we seem to possess a pretty good grip about it at a very high level.

We need to act based on what we know. If someone does not trust that knowledge he is basically wanting to act in the dark.

In my view given enough spiritual knowledge we need to work on expanding it and get into the details. Though I am not saying that is the only way to knowledge. I am just stating my personal view of what I think is a goldmine that is largely untapped.

Each person will react accordingly in any situation based on what their understanding is at that moment.

Some who when younger who have been " reactive" and rigid but lets say they experience life and widen their perspective they would be less " reactive" and more balanced.

Lets take the example of Angulimala and Ratnakara( Valmiki)
They transformed from life of crime to life of prime spiritual enlightenment.

They did not identify with their former behavior cos it had been rendered inactive and no URL access to that mode of behavior.

This holds good for all humans.
Any trait be it so called genetic or environmental can be transcended at any given time.

So what you say as catergories and how they respond is also only to that particular time.

There was a case here before of a person who used to take drugs and did petty crimes and landed in jail.
In jail he started following Christisnity and when he was released from the jail he became a volunteer worker for the Church.
One day at a beach outing, the pastor of the Church got swept away by waves and the this person jumped into the water and saved the pastor but sadly he drowned and died after saving the pastor.

Those who knew him said he always felt he owed his life to the pastor for transforming him.

So you see?
How any reaction changes?
Nothing is fixed.

sravna

Each person will react accordingly in any situation based on what their understanding is at that moment.

Some who when younger who have been " reactive" and rigid but lets say they experience life and widen their perspective they would be less " reactive" and more balanced.

Lets take the example of Angulimala and Ratnakara( Valmiki)
They transformed from life of crime to life of prime spiritual enlightenment.

They did not identify with their former behavior cos it had been rendered inactive and no URL access to that mode of behavior.

This holds good for all humans.
Any trait be it so called genetic or environmental can be transcended at any given time.

So what you say as catergories and how they respond is also only to that particular time.

There was a case here before of a person who used to take drugs and did petty crimes and landed in jail.
In jail he started following Christisnity and when he was released from the jail he became a volunteer worker for the Church.
One day at a beach outing, the pastor of the Church got swept away by waves and the this person jumped into the water and saved the pastor but sadly he drowned and died after saving the pastor.

Those who knew him said he always felt he owed his life to the pastor for transforming him.

So you see?
How any reaction changes?
Nothing is fixed.
Renuka

Change will happen. That's a prime reason for rebirths so that past experiences are used. But within the framework of a single birth we mostly have to contend with all types of people but mostly obstinate ones because of the nature of the yuga.

I do concede that changes will happen with everyone and it will happen for good ultimately.

cm124534

Ok nice. If they are really so intelligent, can they please opt to see the political posts, and check out my posts in that section? No point patting each others' back here. I have a lot to say and show...actually, there is a lot i want to say to Brahmins and non-tamils. I want to test out the responses.

Neraya pappan...verum summa garvam illa...thala enga kaal enga nu puriyadha alavu garvathla aaduraan. this is very very wrong. their next gen kids will be unbearable for other people. and nowadays those other people are coming up too. they might plan for sweet revenge. pls have your feet on the ground.

Thanks.

renuka

Gold Member
Gold Member
Renuka

Change will happen. That's a prime reason for rebirths so that past experiences are used. But within the framework of a single birth we mostly have to contend with all types of people but mostly obstinate ones because of the nature of the yuga.

I do concede that changes will happen with everyone and it will happen for good ultimately.
I agree with you but at times placing the " effects" of the Yuga makes us sort of blame everything else except ourselves.
You surely must be knowing that time is only relative and time can be transcended.

One gets out of the matrix of time when he experiences the state of equilibrium balance, time has no effect on him..so naturally the effect of the Yuga would also have no effect.

How do we approach this subject?
Have we not realized Masters have always preached introspection?
Either by Atma Vichara or by surrender.

Both Atma Vichara and surrender ignores all external factors be it people we deal with or the effect of the Yuga.

Its just like when we are in deep sleep ..do we perceive the effect of the Yuga?
Nope!
We actually transcend the effects of time and the yuga on daily basis without even realizing it..so we have to strive to experience the state of deep sleep even when awake,..this is what is called Prajna( Constant Intergrated Awareness)

Bhagavad Gita 2: 69

"What all beings consider as day is the night of ignorance for the wise, and what all creatures see as night is the day for the introspective sage"

Most people think this verse is about staying awake and not sleeping.
If we try to decipher this verse it would reflect " the introspective ones are " asleep" to non awareness and " awake" to constant intergrated awareness.

So you see, Yuga effects are not of prime importance.
As written earlier, when we shift the blame elsewhere we do NOT introspect and remain unaware.

Nemmara Pattar

"I do concede that changes will happen with everyone and it will happen for good ultimately. Regards, -- Srinivasan Vaidyaraman"

"I agree with you. -- Renuka Gold Member"

Declarations of "universal truths" without qualifications sometimes expose weaknessesn in logic and reality.

May I humbly submit that the changes to Tibet consequent on its forcible occupation by Communist China and the change to Afghanistan consequent on the recent victory of the Taliban were not necesssarily "for good ultimately"?

Ler me refrain from dwelling on the occupation of India's Aksai Chin by Communist China and its claims to India's Arunachal Pradesh as "southern Tibet" and to 90% of the entire South China Sea as its ancestral territory.

renuka

Gold Member
Gold Member
"I do concede that changes will happen with everyone and it will happen for good ultimately. Regards, -- Srinivasan Vaidyaraman"

"I agree with you. -- Renuka Gold Member"

Declarations of "universal truths" without qualifications sometimes expose weaknessesn in logic and reality.

May I humbly submit that the changes to Tibet consequent on its forcible occupation by Communist China and the change to Afghanistan consequent on the recent victory of the Taliban were not necesssarily "for good ultimately"?

Ler me refrain from dwelling on the occupation of India's Aksai Chin by Communist China and its claims to India's Arunachal Pradesh as "southern Tibet" and to 90% of the entire South China Sea as its ancestral territory.
Dear Sir,
I think you misunderstood the context Sravna and I were talking about.
Sravna was talking about change at an intellect level and at the level of perception.

Thank you for adding to our discussion for bringing in changes of a invading level by other countries.
Sravna and I were not talking about change due to invasion and neither Sravna or me were declaring any Universal Truth.

If you read what I wrote, you would notice I said " Change is the only constant", with that understanding there isnt scope for any rigid declaration of any kind

All of us are here to express our opinions and we dont expect everyone to agree with us.

If we look at what Sravna wrote from your point of view it is certainly invalid but keeping in mind the context Sravna and I were discussing, what he wrote is totally valid.

Let's strive to not feel anyone is " without qualifications"..not that it really matters but take time to get to know Sravna or me in the exchange here since many years( more than 10 yrs in forum) then you decide if what you said is valid or not.

Whatever you decide is surely within your personal right but take some time then decide.

Regards
Renuka

sravna

I totally agree with Renuka's response to Shri. Nemmara Pattar.

Sir, you have taken what was being discussed out of context. If you read it again you will agree with Renuka and me.

sravna

I am going to do a sort of diversion here but I think some of it may be pertinent in the larger context.

No denying that Brahmins are intelligent especially when it comes to grasping of the big picture. It may be in part to their genes and in part to their training. This big picture thinking is not as valued among others.

Even when it comes to scientists the type of big picture thinking that dominated ancient Indians is missing. It has to do partly with the philosophy of science but philosophy itself is created by people.

Easterners especially the Brahmins of India have given a great wealth of knowledge. The modern knowledge developed largely by the Westerners is borne out if a limited perspective of reality but is what currently rules.

The current direction of knowledge is totally towards the western thinking of reality. The influence of West so deeply entrenched in every aspect of life this seems impossible to change.

But I strongly believe with the beliefs that there is only physical realm, focus on only the tangible and what satisfy the senses happen. The result is practice of utter materialism to the detriment of subtler aspects of life.

But whom are these materialists kidding? Do not love, compassion, fairness and so on have real effects on people? Materialism tries to totally take away those from our experience and makes it hollow. If the above finer values have real effects should we not spend time on them especially because their effects are positive and constructive.

If they have real effects their real existence cannrot be denied. We need to reorient our thinking so that we grant real existence to even the intangibles and unseen.

In the context of the current times it is essential because we now only believe in something that exists. If love or compassion are thought of as real existant energies the current thinking towards them will change.

We will understand that nature has a real place for them and a real and positive role to play in the lives of humans. If instruments cannot measure them we should accept our self does indeed detect and measure them because through its own instrument of mind.

The fact that we are able to feel the love or compassion or other higher values itself indicates that there is something higher in us than the physical body.

The current limited perspective of reality needs to expand. I desperately hope it will. At any rate scientists cannot remain adamant for long as they will be forced to truth by the need to resolve deep contradictions.

sravna

Ok nice. If they are really so intelligent, can they please opt to see the political posts, and check out my posts in that section? No point patting each others' back here. I have a lot to say and show...actually, there is a lot i want to say to Brahmins and non-tamils. I want to test out the responses.

Neraya pappan...verum summa garvam illa...thala enga kaal enga nu puriyadha alavu garvathla aaduraan. this is very very wrong. their next gen kids will be unbearable for other people. and nowadays those other people are coming up too. they might plan for sweet revenge. pls have your feet on the ground.

Thanks.
Sir I would like to point out that your language does not uphold right decorum. If you would like to engage in a healthy debate you need to do it in a respectful way

Thank you for visiting TamilBrahmins.com

You seem to have an Ad Blocker on.

We depend on advertising to keep our content free for you. Please consider whitelisting us in your ad blocker so that we can continue to provide the content you have come here to enjoy.

Alternatively, consider upgrading your account to enjoy an ad-free experience along with numerous other benefits. To upgrade your account, please visit the account upgrades page

You can also donate financially if you can. Please Click Here on how you can do that.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks