• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

"Unbelievably Authentic": Man's Review On South Indian Restaurant Run By Japanese Is Viral

prasad1

'Unbelievably Authentic': Man's Review On South Indian Restaurant Run By Japanese Is Viral

Tadka, a South Indian restaurant in Kyoto.

Indian cuisine has gained immense popularity across the globe. Some people are used to carrying some Indian snacks while travelling abroad as they prefer the Indian flavours and are also habitual to the same. While it is hard to find a proper eatery which serves you the same Indian flavours, a social media user, claimed that he found a perfect south Indian restaurant in Kyoto which is "unbelievably authentic". He even shared an interesting story behind the Japanese owners and has left the internet impressed.

Prasanna Karthik, a former policy advisor to the Chief Minister of Goa, took to the microblogging website X and shared that he visited Tadka recently. He wrote, "I visited this kick-a** south Indian restaurant called Tadka in Kyoto, Japan. Tadka is owned and run by Japanese people. They visit Chennai once every 6 months, learn new dishes, practice it to perfection and add it to their menu. In Tadka, I had one of the best South Indian meals I've ever had, even after judging by the standards of my Chennai upbringings. The dosa and idli were unbelievably authentic."

I visited this kick-ass south Indian restaurant called Tadka in Kyoto, Japan. Tadka is owned and run by Japanese people. They visit Chennai once every 6 months, learn new dishes, practice it to perfection and add it to their menu. pic.twitter.com/rDmBn4JbIC
— Prasanna Karthik (@prasannakarthik) October 29, 2023
Mr Karthik added that there are a handful of Indians eating here and the customers are mostly Japanese. "Apparently Tadka has very very few Indians eating there. Its customers are mostly Japanese customers who have fallen in love with the food there. what a way to contribute to India's soft power!!!"

Latest ads

Back