• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Who gets peace from visiting Temples?

Status
Not open for further replies.
But being 'chummA' 24x7 is impossible!

சும்மா இருக்கும் சுகத்தை பற்றி உண்மை உணர்தவர்களுக்கே அது புரியும்.... மற்றவர்களுக்கு புரியாது..

இன்று வருமோ நாளைக்கே வருமோ அல்லது மற்று
என்று வருமோ அறியேன் என் கோவே - துன்று மல
வெம் மாயை அற்று வெளிக்குள் வெளி கடந்து
சும்மா இருக்கும் சுகம்

"மாயையாலாகிய உடம்பினுள் புறக்கரணம் அகக்கரணமென வகைப்பட்டு நிற்கும் முப்பத்தொரு தத்துவங்கட்கும் அப்பாலுள்ள நிலை அகவெளி. அவற்றிற்கு அப்பாலுள்ள சிவத்தத்துவத்துக்கு மேலுள்ள நிலை “வெளிக்குள் வெளி” யாகும். அவ்வெளியில் ஞான விளக்கம் தந்து இன்புறுவிப்பது “பரசிவம்”. அதனைத் தரிசிப்போர்க்குக் கீழே கழித்துப் போந்த கருவி கரணங்கள் இல்லாமையால் சும்மா இருப்பதன்றிச் செயலில்லை. அந்தபரசிவபோக வாழ்வு “சும்மா இருக்கும் சுகம்” "

- ஔவை துரைசாமி பிள்ளை உரை.

சும்மா இருக்கும் சுகம் = சும்மா இருக்கும் சுகம்

எதற்கும் ஆசைப் படாமல், அது வேண்டும், இது வேண்டும் என்று தவிக்காமல், இருப்பது போதும் என்ற திருப்தியுடன், சும்மாதான் இருந்து பாருங்களேன்.

Source: http://interestingtamilpoems.blogspot.in/2012/12/blog-post_20.html

இது பலருக்கு முடியாது. Forum வந்து Thumbs up வாங்க ஆசைப்படுபவர்களுக் நிச்சயம் இது புரியவே புரியாது.

Last edited by a moderator:
Couch potatoes are really comfortable while sitting idle! :cool:

Only the active ones find it difficult. :ballchain:

My brother used to say that some lazy ones finish their work faster!

Reason: They can sit idle for some more time! :couch2:

It is better to know the difference between laziness and mind control…I mean conquering the mind through meditation and yoga.

"How to Control Mind?"

We have to seize this unstable mind and drag it from its wanderings and fix it on one idea. Over and over again this must be done. By power of will we must get hold of the mind and make it stop and reflect upon the glory of God.

The easiest way to get hold of the mind is to sit quiet and let it drift where it will for a while. Hold fast to the idea, "I am the witness watching my mind drifting. The mind is not I." Then see it think as if it were a thing entirely apart from yourself. Identify yourself with God, never with matter or with the mind. Picture the mind as a calm lake stretched before you and the thoughts that come and go as bubbles rising and breaking on its surface. Make no effort to control the thoughts, but watch them and follow them in imagination as they float away. This will gradually lessen the circles. For the mind ranges over wide circles of thought and those circles widen out into ever increasing circles, as in a pond when we throw a stone into it. We want to reverse the process and starting with a huge circle make it narrower until at last we can fix the mind on one point and make it stay there. Hold to the idea, "I am not the mind, I see that I am thinking, I am watching my mind act', and each day the identification of yourself with thought and feeling will grow less, until at last you can entirely separate yourself from the mind and actually know it to be apart from yourself. When this is done, the mind is your servant to control as you will. The first stage of being a yogi is to go beyond the senses. When the mind is conquered, he has reached the highest stage.

Source: http://greenmesg.org/swami_vivekananda_sayings_quotes/mind-how_to_control_mind.php

There are Dyana mantapams in temples, but of course not in all temples... and devotees who visit temples also sit calmly, relax and perform Dyana and is so tranquil for those who seek inner peace. This has to be experienced and cannot be explained..

Yes, this is true. But many temples have distracting elements like the noise from the bells and so on. The attendants might ask us to leave when it's time for Nivedhyam. So it's nice to sit for dhyana but we need to be prepared for distractions also.

Last edited:
Yes, this is true. But many temples have distracting elements like the noise from the bells and so on. The attendants might ask us to leave when it's time for Nivedhyam. So it's nice to sit for dhyana but we need to be prepared for distractions also.

The attainment of one-pointedness of the mind and senses is the best of practices—superior to all.
—Sri Shankaracharya, A Thousand Teachings, 8th century

There are umpteen number of solutions to overcome the distractions. There are tips and what is needed is iron will to practice yoga, the meditation, concentration, etc The alleged distractions will gradually pass. It is more about conquering the mind.

And in Hinduism, worshiping God through music is a gift. There was Meerabai. Devotees perform Bhajans and try to bring out a total Krishna consciousness which was responsible in molding the path of total devotion.

We had Saint Tyagaraja who was immersed into devotion to Sri Rama and reported to have composed thousands of Kritis… and we had now only 700 praising the God.

And there is vittal bhajans chanting the names of Sri Panduranga… reciting the names of Sri Sai, etc etc It is form of worship going near to God governed by state of mind and belief.

One mans elixir is other mans poison....while few consider noise of Bell as source of distraction, there may be few who consider ringing of bell as an auspicious sound with positive vibe..

Every Church has a Bell... and even in Buddhism Bells used during prayers.

While for a few, the sound of bell is considered as a source of distraction.... there are people who believe that it has rhythm and love to hear the sound.

[h=1]10 Scientific Reasons Behind Why You Should Visit Hindu Temple[/h]
India is known for it’s rich Hindu culture and tradition. There are hundred’s of mesmerizing Hindu temples across the country in different design, shape, locations; but not all temples are built as described in Vedic literature.

Paying visit to the temples are not only to get blessing but to get a calm and better mind set. The following 10 scientific reasons are the actual purpose of visiting the temple according to the Hindu script.

To read the ten scientific reasons... just click the link: http://desinema.com/10-scientific-reasons-behind-visit-hindu-temple/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back