• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Military ruler Pervez Musharraf gets death penalty for imposing emergency in Pakistan

Maha52

This military ruler imposed a "state of emergency", suspended the constitution and detained senior political leaders and judges. And the crisis precipitated when he attempted to remove then-Supreme Court Chief Justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry, a move the Supreme Court later deemed illegal.

Perhaps, he is paying the penalty now.

Military ruler Pervez Musharraf gets death penalty for imposing emergency in Pakistan

Parvez Musharaf has been on trial for high treason for suspending the constitution and imposing emergency in Pakistan.

1576579469652.png

Former Pakistan president Pervez
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A three-judge Bench of a special court in Pakistan handed over the death penalty to Pakistan’s former President Parvez Musharraf on December 17 for suspending Constitution and imposing emergency in the country in 2007.

The Bench headed by Peshawar High Court Chief Justice Waqar Ahmad Seth gave the ruling in the long-drawn high treason case against Pervez Musharraf which was initiated by former Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif for clamping the state of emergency on November 3, 2007, a punishable offence for which he was indicted on March 31, 2014, and the prosecution had tabled the entire evidence before the special court in September the same year. But due to litigation at appellate forums, the trial of the former military dictator had lingered on.

…………………………………….

He pleaded not guilty and has always claimed that the charges against him are politically motivated. He is the first military ruler to recieve the death penalty.

The former Pakistan President was declared an absconder as he failed to appear in court despite repeated summons and the court issued a directive to the country’s Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) to arrest him.

Read more at:

Last edited:
Time shows this is common in Pak history . Typical of moghalay kingdom where son kills father [or imprisons] to ascend to the throne... Of courts my heart miss a beat..how much /what Musharaff will feel hearing this ..... InshaAllah

Zia Ul Haq (I hope I have the name correct) was a bigger tyrant and despot than Musharraf. Musharraf couldn't care less. He is not in Pakistan and with the billions of dollars he looted, he would be invincible in a heavily guarded fortress in a foreign country. I even doubt whether he is still a citizen of Pakistan. The amount of money he has can buy him passports of a dozen countries and he will have foreign mercenaries guarding him. He is in a far better position than Imran Khan who is going around the world with a begging bowl.

Time shows this is common in Pak history . Typical of moghalay kingdom where son kills father [or imprisons] to ascend to the throne... Of courts my heart miss a beat..how much /what Musharaff will feel hearing this ..... InshaAllah
hi

this is muslim ruling theory...tyrany....but he is the main culprit of KARGIL WAR.....he has to suffer.....uppu thinna

thanni kudikkanum.. this is tamil proverb....

hi

this is muslim ruling theory...tyrany....but he is the main culprit of KARGIL WAR.....he has to suffer.....uppu thinna

thanni kudikkanum.. this is tamil proverb....
for that matter who was not treasoning . That is in their blood. Ayub khan, yahya khan, bhutto etc ec . no exception.

for that matter who was not treasoning . That is in their blood. Ayub khan, yahya khan, bhutto etc ec . no exception.
You can add the name of Aurangazeb who had all the undesirable qualities of Tammerlane (Taimur the Lame) and Attila the Hun. Surprisingly, people name their children Aurangzeb and Taimur though I am yet to come across children who are or were named after Atilla. Aurangzeb imprisoned his father and murdered his four elder brothers in the most brutal manner possible. To give an example, one brother was buried upto his neck in sand and stomped upon by elephants. Unfortunately, even in today's society there are people who are all praise for his administrative capabilities.

Latest ads

Back