• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Whither Iyers?

on practical approach, it is a bit difficult as the elders who are above 55 years or so had not been associated with our brahminic culture/customs/traditions as they were busy sustaining themselves and growing their families. Once their wards are self reliant and married and settled, these elders were sidelined, thrown off or dumped in old age homes. Now, neither they realise what they did to their caste/culture or to their brethren nor have the ability / resource or power to do anything. Some of us, who see what is dawning on us, do curse ourselves for the onslaught. We, basically the Brahmins by birth and blood, are taught with ahimsa and we can not even do harm to an ant, let alone face the hooliganism prevailing to destroy our breed.

We are banned to cross the sea and advised to settle on the delta region and look after the humanity with a purpose and forecast which even nostradamus could not imagine. May be after some years, there may be some tectonic realignment and we, may survive whilst other may become the victims. We, tambrams also have the curse, that we will never unite and appreciate each other, like a sack of marbles, once let out of the sack, may dis- integrate so fast. Unless like the moulvis of muslim community and Father of christianity, our Acharyas weild a whip, we will remain ettappas (Veera Pandia Kattabomman's brother)

Like the people who run this forum relentlessly for the welfare of the community, some good samaritan with some power yeilding capacity will come one day and we will unite and co-operate.

on practical approach, it is a bit difficult as the elders who are above 55 years or so had not been associated with our brahminic culture/customs/traditions as they were busy sustaining themselves and growing their families. Once their wards are self reliant and married and settled, these elders were sidelined, thrown off or dumped in old age homes. Now, neither they realise what they did to their caste/culture or to their brethren nor have the ability / resource or power to do anything. Some of us, who see what is dawning on us, do curse ourselves for the onslaught. We, basically the Brahmins by birth and blood, are taught with ahimsa and we can not even do harm to an ant, let alone face the hooliganism prevailing to destroy our breed.

We are banned to cross the sea and advised to settle on the delta region and look after the humanity with a purpose and forecast which even nostradamus could not imagine. May be after some years, there may be some tectonic realignment and we, may survive whilst other may become the victims. We, tambrams also have the curse, that we will never unite and appreciate each other, like a sack of marbles, once let out of the sack, may dis- integrate so fast. Unless like the moulvis of muslim community and Father of christianity, our Acharyas weild a whip, we will remain ettappas (Veera Pandia Kattabomman's brother)

Like the people who run this forum relentlessly for the welfare of the community, some good samaritan with some power yeilding capacity will come one day and we will unite and co-operate.
It is true that,the present crop of seniors, (Iyers born after 1940) had to give up most of their customs/traditions and samskaras, due to the compulsions to make a living in difficult conditions and hostile environment.
Now that the children of most of us are reasonably well settled and we are left to our own resources, why not the seniors (60+?) get together and organise things, to enable the next generation to make their children learn and practice some aspects of our traditions? It is my appeal to Iyers that let us just exchange E-Mail & mobile number (for Whatsup group) and take it from there. just mail me your Tambram name, emailID and mobile number in the Subject of the mail. I'll share them with all.
mail me HERE.

It is true that,the present crop of seniors, (Iyers born after 1940) had to give up most of their customs/traditions and samskaras, due to the compulsions to make a living in difficult conditions and hostile environment.
Now that the children of most of us are reasonably well settled and we are left to our own resources, why not the seniors (60+?) get together and organise things, to enable the next generation to make their children learn and practice some aspects of our traditions? It is my appeal to Iyers that let us just exchange E-Mail & mobile number (for Whatsup group) and take it from there. just mail me your Tambram name, emailID and mobile number in the Subject of the mail. I'll share them with all.
mail me HERE.
I am overwhelmed by the responses received for my suggestion. Perhaps the Platform for Iyers can be launched on Sankara Jayanthi, ie- Chaitra Bahula Panchami (28-4-2020). Till then those who have responded can tell their friends to share their mailID and mobile number.

Latest ads

Back