• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Volunteers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Ammanji:

Thank you for volunteering to be a volunteer (eh?!!). Don't worry, volunteering doesn't mean contributing money ONLY; there are other ways. We will include you in the list.

Last edited:
I can think of the following volunteering teams and their activities -

* Fund Raising : Will raise funds for action in India
* Field Action Teams : Will actually implement initiatives in India
* Media Watch Teams : Will write articles to newspapers. readers columns, etc.
* Knowledge Compilers : Will accumulate useful info for Brahmins in the pursuit of their culture as well as info for successful living in the larger world.

Members can participate in as many clubs as possible. Let's move forward together!

Dear Vaylan:
As soon as I arrive in Chennai, India, (Nov.1st week) Praveen and I will get together with Ramki and Bhuvana (via Skype!) to come up with some action items, which we will share with every member. We have already got some of your suggestions covered and have noted the rest also. Thank you!

Silverfox, please include me in conversations if possible.

You know my number. I can also talk to you over google talk though you are in India.

Rgds
Vaylan

We will have to increase our members with regard to donors and members who require help. In my perception raising funds with NRI's would relative easier compared to that of india. If you are planning to raise funds in india, we must register ourself as a scoeity and get income tax exemption whichwill motiivate people to donate

Dear Vaylan and prpsarathy:
Yes, Vaylan, we will include you, too. I don't think you gave me your phone number. Please send it to [email protected] or provide your skype id.
prpsarathy: This is one of the issues i am going to find out about registering ourselves as a non-profit trust so that it will be exempt from taxes.

Hi,

Am residing in Chennai and would like to be the part of volunteer fourm and do something for our community.

srinivasan pandurangan said:
Hi,

Am residing in Chennai and would like to be the part of volunteer fourm and do something for our community.

Pls spread word about our efforts. Pls bring even peopel who require assistance to our efforts. Since u stay in chennai u could this favour to all of us and to our community

Dear silverfox,

My friends father want to know from our forum if we represent all the subsect in our community and also male and female members. Because when he was working did joined TAMBRASS he saw only some top groups were members. very few Female members also. And also in tamilnadu their are lot off telugu and kannada brahmins but represent is less in tambrass. These he say's our community problem to grow. In this forum i saw kannada, telugu brahmins and female members. Correct me if i am wrong?

1)Do we represent in this forum all the subsect in brahmin community?like smarthas or iyer's(Vadama, Vathiamal, brahacharanam, Ashtasahasram, Gurukkal and others(i may miss some name), Sri vaishnava or iyengar (Vadagalai, Thengalai), Kannada Madwa/Smartha, Telugu Brahmins( Telunganiam, Aruvela(6000) niyogi, vaideki( velanadu, venginada, mulaga nadu, others).

2)Also there are brahmins world beyond cities and towns. So many off them live in rural areas like agraharam. Do we have them in our forum?

3)And do we have gender equality in our forum?

Dear Whisper

We would like to represent all the Tamil Brahmins. More importantly we welcome Kannada, Telugu and other Brahmins also to join this forum. Going one step ahead we welcome members from any community who want to help our Brahmin community survive and grow. We do not differentiate based on caste/community, language, age or gender.

Hope this helps.

Ramki

whisper said:
Dear silverfox,

My friends father want to know from our forum if we represent all the subsect in our community and also male and female members. Because when he was working did joined TAMBRASS he saw only some top groups were members. very few Female members also. And also in tamilnadu their are lot off telugu and kannada brahmins but represent is less in tambrass. These he say's our community problem to grow. In this forum i saw kannada, telugu brahmins and female members. Correct me if i am wrong?

1)Do we represent in this forum all the subsect in brahmin community?like smarthas or iyer's(Vadama, Vathiamal, brahacharanam, Ashtasahasram, Gurukkal and others(i may miss some name), Sri vaishnava or iyengar (Vadagalai, Thengalai), Kannada Madwa/Smartha, Telugu Brahmins( Telunganiam, Aruvela(6000) niyogi, vaideki( velanadu, venginada, mulaga nadu, others).

2)Also there are brahmins world beyond cities and towns. So many off them live in rural areas like agraharam. Do we have them in our forum?

3)And do we have gender equality in our forum?

prpsarathy said:
Pls spread word about our efforts. Pls bring even peopel who require assistance to our efforts. Since u stay in chennai u could this favour to all of us and to our community

Sure...

Hv already started with all my friends and they will be joining in the forum to spread across

increase the scope of our focus

Yes, i agree, we must try to bring all brahmins under one roof rather than having tamil, telugu, malayalm etc.c.

Regards, sarathy

as rxrajamo said,

We would like to represent Tamil Brahmins.

But we want others also to join and take part in this forum.

Whether he/she is a Brahmin or not, it does not matter, someone who has a clear head and most importantly "Respects" other communities and castes is always welcome anytime.

It is easier to bring one section together first and then we can branch out to others.

It is like the Shivaji and the Old lady story we have heard many times in our childhood.

Always attack one by one rather than going after them all.

likewise, now its tamil, then it could be telegu and then malayalam and so on.

by that time, we will know what each one wants and it will be more easier to bring them all under one roof :)

Langar

Hey PrP,

If a man does not have food in his stomach there is little he can think of in terms of uplifing himself.

I like the Sikh concept of Langar in which every Gurdwara has a kitchen and an eating place where 2 full square meals are offered absolutely free of cost to anyone (including non-Sikhs) who might want to eat there. This enables those without means or those with temporary economic trouble to use the mechanism for getting relief from expenses for food without anyone knowing about it. The food should be nutritious and tasty and the surroundings maintained with the utmost cleanliness and hygiene so as to give it a status of dignity so that even anyone without any economic reason to come there can come there and eat there with ethusiasm and thereby be motivated to donate to this effort. Even the Kamal Hassans or Mani Ratnams should feel compelled to come abnd eat there occasionally to symbolically support the effort. Typically, the week day meals can be fairly basic meals - rice, sambar, rasam, one vegetable and yogurt but the weekends can be more fun meals when people of all strata of our ciommunity can come and rub shoulders with each other.

Plus the kitchen should be run from voluntary donation of food items like rice, wheat, dal, vegetables etc. The cooking is done by house wives or anyone who is willing to spare some of their time doing voluntary work that does not cost them anything - only their cooking talent is used for the benefit of their bretheren. They will only be too proud to be associated with this noble effort.

I think this free kitchen is a vital symbol of unity in any community. It could be located in the heart of where the people from our community reside like Mylapur. If people from other communities come and eat there, they should be welcome with open arms since it then becomes a way to bond with people of all cultures.

If this Brahmin Langar succeeds in Chennai, hopefully we will be able to carry the concept to other cities as well. The Langar concept can subsequently be extended to free medical check ups, free computer lessons etc. These can wait but food must come first.

If someone can show me that the effort is on the way, I will personally send some money from sources in Silicon Valley.

SV

If some body can give some space, we could put computer for the practice of the students. That will help them to see the whole world and reach out for help.

SV, I do not think the brahmins are starving.

The problem is one of abject poverty and (stemming from and leading to ) an inability to participate in modern occupations.

It's all about "teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime"

Can someone respond to prpsarathy and give him a place to put a computer?

Free stuffs will not help. All we need is to learn to live how? Intelegence is not only simpley to learn to master a launguage, science or arts. So let us understand that everything is available in earth. Search, search you will get it.
GURUMURTHYJI

SV, no problem.

Actually you raise a very important question.

WHAT IS THE MOST URGENT, REAL NEED OF THE TAMIL BRAHMIN COMMUNITY TODAY ?

One person might say education. Another might say food. Yet another might say something else.

We need to find the real answer to the above question before we start proposing solutions. I would like every member's input on the above question.

Last edited:
Absolutely....

Yes, Unless we are first agreed on what is the most pressing need of the community, we will not know which direction to move in. So I would like to elicit an opinion on what needs to be done before doing it. May be we need a community center where a combination of needs are addressed rather than only one thing.

SV

cross bridge when it comes

I belive that we can cross the bridge when it comes. The mighty river is small where it starts. In the similar fashion, instead of discussing and looking things as an arm chair experts, we must try to help in which ever way we can to needy, whether it is food, education,employment and vocation.

Prp

Since you are in Chennai you must have an opinion on what seems to be the pressing need of everyone. When we get into specifics, no one seems to have an opinion.

If everyone merely needs some shoulders to cry on, this forum seems to have already done its job.

Apparently, as far as education is concerned, I see that anyone denied a college admission can just travel West to Bangalore and get admission in a private college. As far as food is concerned, I am told no one is actually starving. So what seems to be the problem. I can see only two: M.Karnanidhi doing all those terrible things and being teased in the movies.

SV

And I have a solution to both of those problems -

* Karunanidhi will pass away in the next few years

* Movies will move on to other topics - people do get bored with Brahmins.

Just talking in a lighter vein here !! :))

Every one of us will have to pass one day or other. But we always wish others to live a long life. Notice that persons are not important to us but only the points or the ideas. So in this cinema (Maaya) of mankind you will be witnessing only change everyday. Let me ask all my elders please teach us how to live?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back