• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Volunteers

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK guys, forget placing ads in magazines. Can't we atleast send a chain email to all the Brahmins we know ?

Each of us knows atleast 10 Brahmins with e-mail accounts.

Please cut and paste the following email -

Dear Friends,

The situation in India is becoming worse and worse with more and more reservation. Brahmins who have given India several Nobel prizes are now being denied government seats in Engineering and Medicine.

Only we can help our people - Brahmins helping Brahmins is the only way.
1. Please visit and register at http://www.tamilbrahmins.com
2. Please forward this email to Brahmin friends
3. Please ask needy Brahmin students to approach http://www.tamilbrahmins.com for help.

Only in unity there is strength.

Vayalan & SV

Good suggestions. Many of our members have been active in sending emails, putting up posters, networking with friends to make the site popular and attract more members. I hope all the members contribute to our efforts. Vayalan's email is a good place to start.

SV, I like your idea of having a dedicated member to carry on the activities of our forum. Also a business plan will highlight what we want to achieve. Very nice suggestions. Thanks to Subalaji for taking up this effort. Hopefully we can get some traction in this effort.

I can pitch in with any help I can provide. SV, Vayalan and trivikrama do you guys think we can talk about this idea sometime ? I will set up a conf call for you folks to dial in.

Reg ads, we (praveen) have tried putting up ads in Hindu and they dont want our ads as they think we are a caste based organization. Also Praveen has put up ads in Mylapore times and a few other places. One of our other members in the forum has put up ads in the Thaambras magazines. We will continue our efforts to widen this activity.

Thanks
Ramki

Great

This is the kind of action we need. If you want to place your AD in Hindus do it on behalf of everyone who is excluded due to reservation based policies. Let us see see if they can turn that down. It should be fun trying. If they turn it down, it should expose their worthlessness to their own heritage.

I will send my phone number to your private phone box. You are welcome to call me any time.

SV

Small steps

I have experience in start-ups from the very very early stages. The most important thing is to establish verifiable demand. Likewise, we need to get people to the site who will identify themselves as people who need help. Then we need to try and meet the needs of these folks one way or the other in direct uncomplicated ways through this site. If their experience is satisfactory, they will send more people to this site by word of mouth. Once the demand is sizable, then we will establish an account to which
People can contribute and have a method for disbursement with transparency that I described in an earlier post.

This is no different than establishing any other business. Start as a hole in the wall, provide good service and when demand increases, think of buying off your neighbor's space to grow.

SV

Vayalan & SV

Good suggestions. Many of our members have been active in sending emails, putting up posters, networking with friends to make the site popular and attract more members. I hope all the members contribute to our efforts. Vayalan's email is a good place to start.

SV, I like your idea of having a dedicated member to carry on the activities of our forum. Also a business plan will highlight what we want to achieve. Very nice suggestions. Thanks to Subalaji for taking up this effort. Hopefully we can get some traction in this effort.

I can pitch in with any help I can provide. SV, Vayalan and trivikrama do you guys think we can talk about this idea sometime ? I will set up a conf call for you folks to dial in.

Reg ads, we (praveen) have tried putting up ads in Hindu and they dont want our ads as they think we are a caste based organization. Also Praveen has put up ads in Mylapore times and a few other places. One of our other members in the forum has put up ads in the Thaambras magazines. We will continue our efforts to widen this activity.

Thanks
Ramki

Guys I went to the Delaware temple yesterday (the one at Hockessin ).

Two guys were canvassing for "Art of Living". As I spoke with them it came to transpire that they were Tamil Brahmins. I thought this was a good way to assess the realities in TN from someone who has actually been there.

Here is what I found -
* Both of them were in good jobs here in the US. One of them a green card holder, the other a H-1B .
* Neither of them were able to get a professional seat ( BE/MBBS) in TamilNadu.
* They both did other degree courses - B.Sc, B.Pharm etc
* They then did Masters courses and one came over to the US to do software job and the other came over to do his PhD
* Both said that the most important thing one could do to help were -
Career Guidance when they did not get BE/MBBS seats
Reinforcement Counselling that they could still be a success in life

Your thoughts please

back again

Hi SV,

I have some update for you if u can call my new cell number 91-9985598866

I have also found an auditor who is willing to open trust etc

Lets talk sometime when ur free

We also got in touch with couple of market research firms and have an update for you

Regards
Balaji

I just joined a new company and this company actually provides part time job , education of BSC/Bcom in a couple of universities and then after graduation helps people get their MBA or CA or CPA and funds them fully . I feel this is blessing in disguise for many brahmins in many ways . They get to know corporate culture after 12th class , no money spent on education , paid decently to begin with and can continue to have a long term career along with quality education which company will fund . They should have just scored 80% plus in 12th and should speak basic english and thier life is made
I am sure there are many companies like this now , it is just a question of awareness these days

alumini

Hi,

I am a ca. But i once attended the alumini of IIM. That is a great even where every senior ensure that the junior attend. Sit with them understand their views and guide them in all manner.

We must have such session for our siblings, even on the internet. I read few days back in a new items that the internet communities are becoming more stronger than the physical communities.

regards, sarathy

Help...

Having gone through the stream of emails on the subject of helping poor brahmins...I'm of the view that anything that we do need to have multiplier effect only then a initiative like this would be effective.

In this regard I suggest the following:

(a) Set up a educational foundation owned by a trust that will teach Computers & English free of cost/very minimal cost to brahmins. The brahmins wo get jobs through this will contribute a certain amount which will go to fund other needy ones.
(b) extend '0' interest educational loan repayable when able when the candidates gets jobs
(c) Career counselling & help them in appropriate professions where they can use their full potential
(d) lastly, we shd start organizing ourselves in terms of having a governing board, various committees etc. In the governing board we cld invite eminent persons from various fields to provide us with guidance & support. Take a look at the mid day meal progarm of 'Akshyapatra' run by ISKON. We shd also look at tying up with other NGOs for expanding our reach.

Guys, we are talking huge #s here, the # of needy bramins is just too enormous which requires a tremendous planning & organization.

I'm based in Mumbai & will be glad to participate in a con call to talk about next steps/action points.

Regards,
Ram
+91 9867665174

Ram,

We have just set ourselves one goal to start with. If there are so many needy Brahmins, we should be able to produce at least some of them at this site in some manner.

If we cannot get them to identify themselves to this site, how will they come up and ask for help once we have all this infrastructure in place? If they are too proud to ask for help here, why will they ask any foundation for help? It is a conundrum no one has been able to address.

A Brahmin, by his very nature, it appears, finds a way to help himself. If that is so, it is a very admirable part of his nature and may be that is the answer.

All I have been asking is, let us produce just 10 needy Brahmin scholars at this site. Can anyone do that?

SV

SV,

No dispute on your approach at all..parellaly we need to have the big picture in mind that we have set ourselves up for and move in that direction.

One simple way to start off is have posters in various temples in both english & regional language pointing them to the site & local contact.

Currently, I have one candidate (daughter of a archakar of Banaswadi temple in Mumbai) who needs funds to complete her graduation (B COM)in a small town in TN. I have funded for her current quarter. Each quarter works out to Rs 3500.

Look forward to volunteers in this regard.

Ram

volunteers-threads

Free stuffs will not help. On case to case basis and that too the case is sure known as deserving one can do as he likes. Creating assets or funds always lead to control ultimately and then the first casuality is the purpose. No body reaches a position without hard work. So a rubbest mindset to face the worst and a clear vision and will to win is to be inculcated to all. What type of quality our society must inculcate (1) the tough & extravert or (2) the soft and introvert. In this century our gen-next requires the first one. Any takers.....
GURUMURTHYJI

I fully appreciate that people must have the fighting attitude. At the same time people need not waste the time in re-inventing. The oringal inventor if theywould have thought this way, no we would not have benefits. In that spirit we must try to assist the needy. I read some where in our hindu philosophy that we must be like the nature which gives even if we abuse as its duty. It does not differentiate whether the receipient is good or bad and it just does the duty. Let us do things in the same spirit

volunteers-threads

Dear Mr.ppsarathy,

The word "tough" i mentioned is not necessarily mean fighting alone; but connected with many other. No body is original inventor and even Bhagawan Sri Krishna in Bhagawath Geetha says that the Geetha is not his own and that these are all as said by other great maharishies. All we do is quote and quote again on our own way of looking at things.

Assisting the needy, there is no two opinion. But everything we do must be good immediately and on the long run too. A cigrate manufacturing company donating a crore of rupees for cancer reserch is immediately good. But on the long run what the company is doing, i mean selling cigrates is not good to the society. we must always look to create a strong society which is good now and for the future too. Absuse is really bad Mr.PP sarathy and we should neither encourage nor do that.

GURUMURTHYJI

Dear Gururmurthyji,

While I fully agree with you in terms of money being put to best use use, the term 'Charity' in whatever form is purely a subjective affair and what you feel as deserving may not meet my standard of deserving. I don't think we can get into an debate on this at this forum. It is best left at the individual member to make that determination. We all have come to this forum for a common cause & the more we align ourselves in to this process the more effective we clould be as a group.

I presume, at least, in this forum, proper due diligence is done by the individual member if it is brought by the member or as a group if it is directly coming to us, before deciding on the next step.

Instead of a lecture on who is deserving & not deserving lets think constructively as to how we cld either individually or as a group ensure (a) proper due diligence (b) appropriate end use & finally controlled disbursement mechanism to maximize the effectiveness of this whole process.

Ram

volunteers-threads

Dear Shri. Priyaram,

Yes you are right. We need only unity and not uniformity in our group subjective affairs. O.K. no need to get into a debate or give lecture about the receipiants.

Also we have to either individually or as a group ensure an effective mechanism to maximise the effectiveness? You mean it is alreight to start another discussion about how we give?

GURUMURTHYJI

Dear friends:
May I ask all of you to just wait for a few days? Praveen, Ramki and myself will be discussing about collecting an one-time donation from all members and setting up a trust fund to help out the needy and the mechanics of verification, distribution, etc. Once we have formulated the process, we will come back to all the members for their views. Once all the members bless this, we will implement it.

Praveen/Ramki, please post your views if you need to add more.

Which girl?

sri priya ram
let me know how i can help the girl. i will do my bit.
regards and best wishes
eswaran

Dear Navy-Eswaran:
It was very good to see your posting. Let all members know, you were the first to jump in to help out Srividhya for her first year tuition.
Unless I am missing something, are we talking about the same girl - Srividhya; or is this somebody new who needs help.
Dear Priyaram:
I know you were ready to send in the money for Srividhya but I had asked you to hold on because we had already collected for the first year.
Are you referring to somebody else new? If so, has this new girl asked for help in this forum?
Thanks!

dear silver fox
i think this is some one else.
and the requirement is not much.
so whoever missed the bus earlier can chip in now.
keep me informed.
regards
eswaran

Yes, it is somebody else. I just came to know that she got a part time job that will partially fund her education. I'm in the process of reevaluating her requirements & then will revert with appropriate amount. I have got her contacts & bank details etc which in any case I will send.

Wait for my post here with amunt details in the next couple of days.

Regards,
Ram

Silverfox, Are you in India? if so, let me know your contact details.

volunteers-threads

Dear all,

Please .... please ...note that everyone is entitled to their privasy. Every organisation has to also maintain its own dignity. Inquiries are to be made discreetly. Let no one is hurt by the way we deliver and let not the organisors put the organisation in an embrasing situation by their inability to handle. Some 40 to 50 persons like me are reading the messages daily. Not all of them are your friends. You have their mail ids. Why not directly with the concerned persons. No body need to know the details. It is enough if they repose faith in you.

GURUMURTHYJI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back