• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Volunteers

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are right Silverfox. I should have mentioned it. As you put it I was referring to EDT in US.

So Sunday morning 10AM EDT good for eveyone ?

Thanks

silverfox said:
Ramki:
Since we have people from all time zones, perhaps you might want to clarify that all times you refer to are Eastern Daylight Time (EDT).
Praveen, Sunday morning 10 am USA EDT is Indian Time 7:30 pm Sunday evening for you.
By the way, Sunday morning (US) is good for me.
Thanks

Sounds good to me. I need a little bit more information on the mechanics of it. Who is going to call whom? And how is everyone to get on the conference call at the same time?

Thanks Silverfox. Chintana I will send a personal email/private message with conf call details to all US volunteers I know. Right now it is chintana,siverfox,jsiyengar and me. Am I missing anyone ??

Thanks
Ramki

I will be in USA this august and would like to talk to many of you , I am a volunteer in chennai, please give me ur numbers as a private message to me

A kind-hearted journo by the name Francois Gautier, is doing an exhibition in Delhi on Brahmins and their plight, having already made a movie on the same subject.

Mr.Francois also authored the now famous two articles in rediff,about brahmins.

http://www.rediff.com/news/2006/may/23franc.htm

http://ia.rediff.com/news/2006/jun/15franc.htm

His associate Rahul in Delhi wanted some information on the condition of Brahmins in south India (see attached email), for the exhibition.

It will be great if some of you, who might have great knowledge on this, pass on some information to this person Rahul Gautam at [email protected],

Or also help him in other ways. Or atleast put him in touch with the correct persons to contact in Tamil Nadu.

It is very rare that someone ever speaks for brahmins, let alone make an exhibition and movie about them. And this person was a french national by birth!

A few copies of his movie are on their way to me, and I shall post it on the internet for our view. Meanwhile, it will be great if any of you can provide him the info he needs.

Thanks

Balaji

I have another idea. WHy dont you let us know when you will be in USA and we will all try to fix up a conference call.

Ramki

subalaji said:
I will be in USA this august and would like to talk to many of you , I am a volunteer in chennai, please give me ur numbers as a private message to me

Conference Call

I was wondering whether there was any particular reason the conference call details were kept private in the sense, it was sent to only people who requested ?

I logged on sunday morning but no one was online and I just thought it was already too late for me the get the info.
As a suggestion if it had been posted in the forum I could have joined the conf call.

Prakash

Rookie

Thanks for your suggestion. I apologize for not updating you on the conf erence call details. I will add you to the volunteers list. Reg posting call details on the forum, the conference calls are for members who are interested in volunteering. Making it a free for all will dilute the purpose of these calls. Anyone who wants to volunteer is welcome to contact me and I will add them to the list. But please note that being a volunteer requires active participation in forum activities.

Thanks
Ramki

Rookiie said:
I was wondering whether there was any particular reason the conference call details were kept private in the sense, it was sent to only people who requested ?

I logged on sunday morning but no one was online and I just thought it was already too late for me the get the info.
As a suggestion if it had been posted in the forum I could have joined the conf call.

Prakash

Update on volunteer activities

Today I had the opportunity to meet a lot of our community members during the Thread ceremony. I handed out flyers and spoke to a number of them. Hopefully, some of them will join and take part in forum activities. Interestingly, a gentleman from our community, who is a board member, admonished me saying that I was bringing in caste considerations and all "Chinna Pasanga" like me are wasting our time. Once he started, there were a couple of others who joined in the chorus :))) May God bless them all :) I did a lot of explaining of our activities and our mission statement and our firm belief in all human beings being equal. I hope he and his friends would be able to appreciate our activities.

My name is Srividhya and my email id is [email protected]. I am studying 2nd Year B.E in Sri Ramakrishna college of engg , coimbatore . I am from a poor brahmin family ( my parents are cooks ) and I need help in continuing further education . My expenses for fees and other study related expenditure is 40000Rs per year . I request whoever can help to help me whatever way they can .First year I have paid already , I need money for the rest 3 years. I did get the engg seat on merit , since I am from forward community I could note get it in govt colleges . I want to use this opportunity to being up my family

Hi,

My name is Rajesh, and i m in Raleigh, US. Pls add me to the alias and Conf call, and i would like to Volunteer and help in anyways required.

Raj

Dear Raj:

Welcome aboard, Raj. We are truly delighted you could join us; after all, this is your forum and we are your people.
Please contact Ramki who also lives in Raleigh, NC. Please send Ramki email at [email protected]; he will contact you.
Ramki, I hope this is ok with you.

Dear sir,
I am sitting at VARANASI the very undisputed HQ of tamil Brahmins . i Have a strong view that we Brahmins should unite together and form a strong bond. Becaus everybody knows that we are strong intellectullaly
and i would appreciate if any initiative is taken to hold any meeting or gathering at varanasi as there are 100s of southindian brahmins living at Varanasi

Lekshmigopal Varanasi

Hellow Lekshmigopal,

I am glad that a tamil brahmin from Varanasi could come on line to this website. It is gratifying to note that you are doing quite some social work for your community.

I will be visiting Varanasi during Mahalayam. I am sending you a private mail through admin. Do reply.

Bhahusruth.

Hi,

I'm Sowmya from Houston,TX and just came across this forum. I'm interested in volunteering and helping out in some way.

I notice nobody has posted in this thread in the last couple of weeks; are there any activities going on right now?

Sowmya

Hi Sowmya:
Welcome aboard! We are delighted you are joining us and thank you for volunteering. Everybody has been busy with other things, we haven't done anything. However, we will certainly include you in any conference call, other activities, etc.
Again, welcome to YOUR forum!

Hi,
I am interested in volunteering. I also like to give some idea silverfox. I dont know if its possible to you. I come across the apbrahmins.com,telugubrahmins.com and most of these people are form usa(where u lives). If you establish some contact with there admins and tell the our good work atleast we can get some help from them. Only thing is they are telugu brahmins and we are tamil brahmins. If we had some type off contact with southindia brahmins(telugu,tamil,kannada,kerela) is good for our poorer community people.Its just a thought only as you tell its good have so many ideas but only thing is how to do it.

Volunteering

HI, i am jayashree shankar, i would like to enroll myself as a volunteer here..Is there any restrictions to join as a volunteer here. Kindly let me know..moreover...in what are the ways these volunteer work would be helpful and in which mode..kindly breif me out...I am so happy to come across with such a nice site exclusively for us. my whishes to spread.:violin:

Dear Jayashree:

Welcome and thank you for offering to be a volunteer. We will include you in our list of volunteers. All members will be receiving about our course of action plan soon.

Ramki, perhaps you might want to add more to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back