• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Vegetarianism, rising prices of food commodities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awaiting Miracles

Dear Sri "Iyyarooraan",

Nobody dropped Seshan, in fact he was appreciated and supported for initiating measures to have free and fair elections. But his own ego expressed in loud words and unwanted obstinacy brought him down. I agree with your views on the "Charminar", but where is the alternative? The TINA factor retains the known devils, Congress and DMK like parties to rule. Corruption has permeated itself in every activity, it is now omnipresent and omnipotent and rules (or ruins) the Country, because of inadequacy of corrective measures and the attitude of "law will take its own course" which is long and time consuming.
Well, I do not give up hope. Miracles do happen. How and when is decided by forces that are beyond our knowledge.

Regards,
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.
Hello Brahma sir, we all await that miracle to happen. Decades before there were similar spurts in prices. The students of Gujarat took upon themselves and started hitting at traders and vegetable vendors. And lo, the prices plummeted to earth. It was about this time Jayaprakash Narayan who was till then roaming in wilderness, became a 'Lok Nayak'. Conscious and courageous people can only bring down the prices or the government responsible for not containing the anti-people elements.

I had an opportunity to work under a very senior and very straightforward (as far as I could judge) IAS officer. That was the time when Seshan was at the pinnacle of glory as CEC. My boss who was generally soft-spoken and rarely criticised others had narrated many aspects of Seshan who was his subordinate at one time; these were not at all flattering of Seshan. Incidentally another person whom he was critical about was the now famous (?) Suresh Kalmadi; since I did not know much about both these persons I did not enquire further.

Yes. When the weight goes up to head the law of nature brings them to floor. There is another character who clings to Iyer surname and ridicules the community by his vituperation.

Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

Hello Brahma sir, we all await that miracle to happen. Decades before there were similar spurts in prices. The students of Gujarat took upon themselves and started hitting at traders and vegetable vendors. And lo, the prices plummeted to earth. It was about this time Jayaprakash Narayan who was till then roaming in wilderness, became a 'Lok Nayak'. Conscious and courageous people can only bring down the prices or the government responsible for not containing the anti-people elements.

Dear Sri "Iyyarooran",

Yes, we need a person of Indian origin with high moral calibre and strength to lead a movement. But unfortunately, I could not see one such leader today in India.

Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

Thanks for recalling JP.

Personally, I consider that he had to deal with a greater challenge than what Gandhi had to deal, considering that he had to deal with an Indian (vicious Indira Gandhi) with his own frail body.

Sadly, he longer figures in the national discourse. The middle-class now has almost been co-opted in the game by the slick tongues of people like M.S. Ahluwalia and other wily industrialists and MNCs.

The middle-class idols are Narayanamurthy, Indira Nooyi and some others and not some one like Anna Hazare.

Rdgs.,

Last edited:
[FONT=&quot]In the BBC World’s HARDtalk programme aired last night 21.00 hrs IST there was an interesting discussion on the impact of speculation on food availability and its rising prices.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The interviewees were Olivier De Schutter , UN Special Rapporteur on Right to Food and Terry Duffy, CEO of CME Group, a player in the derivatives market.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]A brief view of the interview is available at bbc.co.uk/hardtalk[/FONT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back