• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

vamsa vrudhdhi varam aa illai vedhanai yaa??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Sri C.Ravi Ji,

My statement about the size of our community came as a response to your words: I think that’s why Brahmins population is meager in this world as I think a soul attains refinement by being born as a Brahmin dedicated to GOD. My statement about the size of our community has no value judgement. Because we are a selective group, we are small. That is the fact. I did not say whether it is right or wrong, which is a different conversation altogether.

Your staetement 'Brahmin is by birth' is an arguable point in our religion and there is nothing to support this contention in our Vedas (Sruthis). Even if one accepts this assumption about birth, there is nothing in our Smrithis that directly supports the view that only spiritually 'advanced' souls are born in to the Brahmin families. When you add to it the observable fact that there is a wide range of the composition of gunas amongst the Brahmin children, then your statement as I have quoted above in the first paragraph can not be valid.

Also to correct: A gene is not a semen. Semen contains the genetic information. Also a gene is not a cell. A cell contains genes as it's building block.

I think you are mixing several different ideas to arrive at your conclusions. May I respectfully say that your assumptions on many of these are not correct.

My intention is not to show you up. But unless you have a clear grasp of these concepts, you may arrive at wrong conclusions. No offence intended. Thanks.

Regards,
KRS

A Muslim can convert into Hinduism or Christianity, a Christian can convert into Hinduism or Islam and a Hindu including a Brahmin can convert into Islam or Christianity.....

But I strongly believe that any Muslim, Christian and any other religion person including Hindu Non-Brahmins can never become a Brahmin and adopt the principles.

A Brahmin can be a Brahmin only by Birth.

I don't carry any sort of discrimination with the people who had inter-cast marriage. Every one has the liberty to choose their life. But I believe their offspring and the following generation can never be true Brahmins (A couple themselves would not follow the detailed principles of Brahmanism

I believe Brahmins diminishing in population, deviating from the principles of Brahmanism etc..etc....are all the need of the hour as per natures/God's rule.

If I am not wrong, there is a believe in our puraanams that every YUGA will see advancements in Human standard of life and changes in thinking, belief & behavior.

Once upon a time Brahmins were the most respectable people. Gradually because of their own mistakes were pulled down and were put backward. Now there are many controversial issues as well within the Brahmin society...Why???? Is their any external force that is changing our mentality once for all? I believe we are changing gradually....Doesn't it make us realize that TIME has its own course of action?

Sri KRS ji,

Very much you have the right and liberty (first being elder to me, secondly being a fellow Brahman, last but not least you are a Super Moderator) to say that my assumptions are wrong, or I am confusing with many things and or I am ignorant about many thing.

I am happy to note that many of our esteemed members and moderators who all have very strong knowledge and expertise in almost everything are sparing their valuable time and commenting on my post.

As long as negative feedback are posted by pointing out an individual in a polished manner and in a loving way, I would never mind. In fact no one would mind for it.

If we consider that all we Brahmins as a member or guest of this site (www.tamilbrahmins.com) as our family members where every one would be loved, respected and would be given due privileges in expressing themselves than I feel the real purpose of this site would be achieved. These feelings, love and compassion can help us to explore the possibilities and means of working out better strategies with team spirit to empower our community.

Even if I get a chance to read religious/spiritual books and or listening to such speeches, I would love to evaluate each of them and think on my own. I am just expressing these of my opinions in this Forum to have better knowledge and enjoying this virtual gathering.

I would request members to ignore responding to my post if any of them seems to be ridiculous

Genes and Sperms...

I may have not put forward my views in a correct form....

By linking Genes with Sperms, I want to state that the Genetic qualities of a father gets transmitted to a child by way of Genes mixing up with the sperms (X sperm / Y sperm)(Sperms carry these genes) that gets mixed with the female X egg.

CELLS containing GENES presented in SPERMS as ACTIVE CELL helps in reproduction.

Sperms with no active cells can not succeed in reproducing another identical species with same genetic qualities….

I may be wrong in my above statements. I request members to pardon me if I am irritating with my wrong knowledge and ideas.

A simple suggestion to our esteemed moderators….

If some one found to be wrong in their opinions and view (that are not against other communities and or provocative and destructive to the well being), than educative feedbacks to be given to help gaining knowledge for that ignorant individual, rather declaring that the individual is wrong. This style of negative declaration (even though in a respectful manner, to avoid offending some one) would make the ignorant individual lose any more interest to post his/her ideas.

Developments and better understanding can never be achieved without Abstract thinking. Just depending our self COMPLETELY on the written scriptures would not help us to make evaluations, changes and advancements when ever and where ever required.

Vamsa vrudhdhi

Vamsa Vrudhdhi should never be taken as any yardstick . Our past karmas will only decide whether vamsa vrudhdhi can take place this janma.

Vamsa Vrudhdhi should never be taken as any yardstick . Our past karmas will only decide whether vamsa vrudhdhi can take place this janma.

also, it also does not hurt to check the sperm count. nowadays, with stress running amock, sperm counts among our men appears to be decreasing.

then there is always adoption. how is adoption looked in terms of vamsa vrudhdhi?

Sri KRS ji,

Very much you have the right and liberty (first being elder to me, secondly being a fellow Brahman, last but not least you are a Super Moderator) to say that my assumptions are wrong, or I am confusing with many things and or I am ignorant about many thing.

ravi,

i agree with your first statement, as i always admire, the forthright and confident way, in which krs expresses himself.

i have one caution to give you here... something about being a fellow Brahman...

i wish you had rather said, that KRS is a fellow human. one of the things that we should remember, is that good folks come from all communities, and in unexpected times. such is the way of God.

to seek someone just because he belongs to your group, i think, is to invite disaster. same as hiring the same. many a times it just does not jive.

the purpose of this note, is to caution you. be careful. just because someone says that he is a brahmin, do not give him benefit of the doubt.

personally, i have been swindled by more brahmins than other groups. maybe because, we deal within our groups more, but nevertheless there are scoundrels in every group. :)

ravi,

once again, my heart goes out for you for your desire for wife, children etc.

these are but normal and welcome desires of the young and i wish you the best in this endeavour.

but like any project, and believe me this seeking out a partner is indeed a project: it is unique, has a start & finish and there is a finished product at the end.

also, i think, time is a factor that you should take into account. not that i wish you otherwise, but perhaps you should have a time bound calendar, for plans a, b, c etc.

to wait expectedly, without a time boxed approach, is akin, i think, to the farmer, looking at the sky and waiting for the rains, in a period of draught.

best wishes...

ravi,

i agree with your first statement, as i always admire, the forthright and confident way, in which krs expresses himself.

i have one caution to give you here... something about being a fellow Brahman...

i wish you had rather said, that KRS is a fellow human. one of the things that we should remember, is that good folks come from all communities, and in unexpected times. such is the way of God.

to seek someone just because he belongs to your group, i think, is to invite disaster. same as hiring the same. many a times it just does not jive.

the purpose of this note, is to caution you. be careful. just because someone says that he is a brahmin, do not give him benefit of the doubt.

personally, i have been swindled by more brahmins than other groups. maybe because, we deal within our groups more, but nevertheless there are scoundrels in every group. :)

Sir Kunjupu ji...

Perfect....very perfect.....absolutely perfect...

I agree with your statements 100%

Thank you so much for cautioning me. I am happy to note your love for me which I consider as from my elder brother or my father (I don't know how old are you)

We brothers and sisters were brought up in various parts of Northern India. I were exposed to many culture. We are among many North Indian and South Indian people for many years. We could develop broad mentality.

When we settled down in Chennai in early 90's, we got it very strange. The behavior of the locals in general were much peculiar. In fact if found it very hard to adjust over self. Majority of them found to be narrow minded.

As you said we brothers could never make friendship with Brahmin boys. They either found to be too smart and haughty or too egotist and too self centered.

I tell you the truth that I could never had a Brahmin friend in Chennai. All my friends were non-Brahmins and Muslims.

Who ever we came across in the society other than Brahmins they use to say - "We could not realize that there are exceptional people in Brahmin community"

As for as this platform is concerned where we are sharing our views and knowledge and decided to struggle for the well being of our community, I can boldly take every one for granted. We all can rest assured of the fact that we are working together for a social cause.

As you said, we can never rule out the fact that there are scoundrels in every group. :mad:

ravi,

once again, my heart goes out for you for your desire for wife, children etc.

these are but normal and welcome desires of the young and i wish you the best in this endeavour.

but like any project, and believe me this seeking out a partner is indeed a project: it is unique, has a start & finish and there is a finished product at the end.

also, i think, time is a factor that you should take into account. not that i wish you otherwise, but perhaps you should have a time bound calendar, for plans a, b, c etc.

to wait expectedly, without a time boxed approach, is akin, i think, to the farmer, looking at the sky and waiting for the rains, in a period of draught.

best wishes...

Sri Kunjuppu ji,

I again express my heart felt thanks to you for your love towards me.

You are absolutely right that even marriage and family setup is a subject that need to planed considering them as time bound project.

In fact, when I was 25 years of age with lots of dreams, I decided a time frame for marriage and become a father. I wanted to get married between 27 and 28 years and become a father by 31 years of age so that when I would complete my 50 years my 1st son/daughter would have completed graduation and before my 60 years would get into good career.

I didn't want to suffer like my parents. My DAD got married at his 35 years of age to a comparatively young girl (His maternal uncle's daughter). When he married off his daughter at a very young age of 21 out of insecurity to a 32 years old guy, he was still in his service and expecting his retirement benefits after 10 months. He had to run from pillar to post to accumulate funds to full fill the desires of boy's parents.

I struggled a lot in my project, but fate took its own turn.

I could decide that knowledge, hard work, sincerity and trustworthiness has nothing to do with the final outcome. Time and Fate predominates everything in this Universe.

What ever the Fate has in store for me, I have my own principles with which I would never compromise and deviate my self to attain personal benefit.

Marriage project can not be in a single person's control (whether girl or boy). The expectations and desires differs. The time has put Love, Affection, Dedication etc..etc into back burner. In this material world people are much concerned about the wealth than a human heart.

Particularly today's independent girls are prepared to be alone and remain unmarried for ever rather marrying a boy who can not bring stars for her.

They can not be blamed for any thing as they have their own wishes and desires to be fulfilled in this short life.

We can make our wife happy with in our capacity and we can not make her suffer because of our inability or our fate.

I am still struggling in my life and I know that it's an endless process.

I am out of my worries at this point of life for being a bachelor yet. For the fact that there are many guys like me and I am not al alone in our community, in this world.

My dreams, my love to my future wife (a best friend), children and my love and commitment to the society is still brewing within me and at no cost I would withdraw myself from all these till the end.

Sri Kunjuppu ji,

In fact, when I was 25 years of age with lots of dreams,

My dreams, my love to my future wife (a best friend),

Ravi,

Who is /was not having dreams?

Praveen has it as his logo - Life is a dream--

If dreams were horses...!!!

I pray all of your " Kanavugal Nijamaagattum"

Who is going to be the lucky "my love to my future wife (a best friend),"

Greetings

Dear C Ravi Ji,
My response is below:
Sri KRS ji,

Dear Sri Ravi Ji, above you have left out one important aspect that counts. I am your fellow Forum member. To me, age, jathi or the fact that I am a 'Super Moderator' are irrelevant. I am not speaking from those viewpoints. By the way, I did not say 'you are ignorant about many things'. 'Confusing with many things' does not extrapolate to 'ignorant about many things'.

I am happy to note that many of our esteemed members and moderators who all have very strong knowledge and expertise in almost everything are sparing their valuable time and commenting on my post.
When Moderators here comment on postings here, without the bold crimson red letters, then we are commenting as fellow members not as moderators. This has been a long held tradition in this Forum. By the way, I usually comment if I think I can add something to the conversation.

As long as negative feedback are posted by pointing out an individual in a polished manner and in a loving way, I would never mind. In fact no one would mind for it.

If we consider that all we Brahmins as a member or guest of this site (www.tamilbrahmins.com) as our family members where every one would be loved, respected and would be given due privileges in expressing themselves than I feel the real purpose of this site would be achieved. These feelings, love and compassion can help us to explore the possibilities and means of working out better strategies with team spirit to empower our community.
I hope you took my comments in the way you describe above. Having been in Corporate life in the USA for many years, I tend to be direct in my communication. But, please know that any comments I make is not to diminish anyone, but to assist in making the conversation clearer.

Even if I get a chance to read religious/spiritual books and or listening to such speeches, I would love to evaluate each of them and think on my own. I am just expressing these of my opinions in this Forum to have better knowledge and enjoying this virtual gathering.
Absolutely! No thinking person will read anything and blindly accept what he reads without questioning/analyzing internally about the subject. But again, you have started this thread to elicit ideas from others, have you not?

I would request members to ignore responding to my post if any of them seems to be ridiculous
Yes. But I did not find yours ridiculous. On the contrary, you are trying to express some ideas that portray fresh thinking. But as I have said, your ideas seem to me to be everywhere. This is what I pointed out with examples. And what I see? Your explanation below about genes, that is cogent and correct. Please let me know whether my doing so is not okay with you - I will stop commenting.

Genes and Sperms...

By linking Genes with Sperms, I want to state that the Genetic qualities of a father gets transmitted to a child by way of Genes mixing up with the sperms (X sperm / Y sperm)(Sperms carry these genes) that gets mixed with the female X egg.

CELLS containing GENES presented in SPERMS as ACTIVE CELL helps in reproduction.

Sperms with no active cells can not succeed in reproducing another identical species with same genetic qualities….

I may be wrong in my above statements. I request members to pardon me if I am irritating with my wrong knowledge and ideas.

A simple suggestion to our esteemed moderators….

If some one found to be wrong in their opinions and view (that are not against other communities and or provocative and destructive to the well being), than educative feedbacks to be given to help gaining knowledge for that ignorant individual, rather declaring that the individual is wrong. This style of negative declaration (even though in a respectful manner, to avoid offending some one) would make the ignorant individual lose any more interest to post his/her ideas.
See, again, you have taken me personally, that too my words as coming from a Moderator. My comments were as a fellow Forum member. Again, seems to me you are overly sensitive. I did not just say you were wrong, I gave you specific examples. If you want to put out ideas in a open Forum like this, you should be then willing to accept feedbacks and analysis of those ideas by other members. Is this not the function of this Forum?

Developments and better understanding can never be achieved without Abstract thinking. Just depending our self COMPLETELY on the written scriptures would not help us to make evaluations, changes and advancements when ever and where ever required.
I agree. But the 'abstract thinking' is always based on the established truth. Your assumptions have to be valid to build extensions on any ideas.

Again, my intention was not to ridicule or 'show you up' as I said - it is rather to challenge you in areas of your thoughts which come off as not well defined to become sharper, as you have shown above in your gene discussion. Please compare your discussion on genes in this posting compared to your earlier posting on the same subject. Would you not agree that now you have conveyed your ideas better, clearer and sharper?

Regards,
KRS

Last edited:

Genes and Sperms...

Dear Sri Ravi,

If this is not seen as interfering, a small input:

An embryo is formed when the egg (from the mother) and the sperm (from the father) fuse.

The egg and the sperm, both contribute 23 chromosomes each, to the zygote.

Both the mother and the father contribute equally to creating the child.

Both the parents impart their qualities to the child.

Regards.

Very interesting to read this Sri Swaminathasharma ji.

Can one confirm from the horoscopes whether a couple can have a child, if they are infertile?

What pariharams can a couple with infertility do if they want to have a child?

Ravi,

Who is /was not having dreams?

Praveen has it as his logo - Life is a dream--

If dreams were horses...!!!

I pray all of your " Kanavugal Nijamaagattum"

Who is going to be the lucky "my love to my future wife (a best friend),"

Greetings

Sri Suryakasyapa ji,

Thank you very much for your best wishes...

Needless to say every individual in this world have dreams in life and obviously every individual have their own experiences......I am just sharing mine.

Dear C Ravi Ji,
My response is below:

Regards,
KRS

Sri KRS ji,

Absolutely correct......

We are sharing our knowledge and views to learn more and in a perfect manner.

My humble openion in general...

We might have been working or worked in a corporate world, we may be President/Vise President/CEO of a big company, we may be a Judge, lawyer, doctor or a Police Officer, the point is we need to take the maximum effort to ensure that not a single person is offended any ways. If we could achive this in this Forum than we can say that we have taken up an another successful assignment other than what our profession has offered/demanded.

Sri KRS ji, honestly speaking I have not considered your feedbacks to me as personal and I am no way offended. In fact you have helped me to put forward my statements/views clearly.

Earlier some one claimed that I am voilating the rules of the Forum by commenting negatively about other religion and requested moderators to interfere. But as a mater of fact I had not expressed so, a moderator could defend me. Even this I have not considered personal. Because each of us here are not known to each other and we are not against each other. It's all a matter of how we have conveyed and we have understood. Every one of us are depended on each other for exchanging views and we all cherish every moment that we spend in this forum.

My comments were in general and not personal...

Dear Sri Ravi,

If this is not seen as interfering, a small input:

An embryo is formed when the egg (from the mother) and the sperm (from the father) fuse.

The egg and the sperm, both contribute 23 chromosomes each, to the zygote.

Both the mother and the father contribute equally to creating the child.

Both the parents impart their qualities to the child.

Regards.

Sri Happy hindu ji,

Absolutely correct......no doubt in it.

That's why we could see the features and Gunas of a child as that of mother as well.

Sri Swaminatha Sharma ji,

So there is no doubt that FATE determines whether a couple can have a child or not. That we could find out from the planetory configuration in a horscope that gets alligned as per time of birth (depending on the place of birth).

My question here is - Isn't our previous janma KARMA that determines our FATE for the present life? As well isn't our present life KARMA influences our current life fortunes?

Sri Swaminatha Sharma ji,

So there is no doubt that FATE determines whether a couple can have a child or not. That we could find out from the planetory configuration in a horscope that gets alligned as per time of birth (depending on the place of birth).

My question here is - Isn't our previous janma KARMA that determines our FATE for the present life? As well isn't our present life KARMA influences our current life fortunes?

ravi,

here are couple of instances, where we, according to what i understand, go against your definition of fate.

- ok by nature, if a couple cannot conceive, they adopt. in the process, they have children, go through the pleasures of bringing up a child, see it grow and finally, hopefully, light their funeral pyre (assuming either gender can do that). is this not directly going against the fate that life has planned for you?

- ok you are born without legs. so per fate, you are supposed to live your life without mobility. nowadays, however, you can have prosthetic legs, with which, you can move even faster than normal humans. ie not only have you one upped on fate, but double upped.
is this wrong? what is the consequences of this?

should you apolgize for deliberately cheating fate here? will this be double up your punishments in the next life? what pariharams can you do to negate that?

the reason i am asking so many questions is that many a times we attribute things to fate. 4 months ago, just while walking, for no reason at all, my leg twisted and i broke my ankle.

on the face of it, this act is one for which there is no cause, but the effect was a painful month in cast etc. is this fate that i should break my leg?

ravi, please do not think, i am mocking or poking fun. i am serious, as i see many people, attributing their life sorrows especially to fate, and sit and do nothing about it.

i am of the opposite kind. if there is something we can do to better our lot, i think, we should do everything possible. i think, the more we constrain ourselves by laws and shastras, the more we have to attribute our wants not being fulfilled to fate. we have, i think, as intelligent humans, the wherewithals to seek and acquire and satisfy our wants.

thank you.

FATE -
F - Fore-ordained (and)
A - Arranged
T - True Life
E - Events

Okay, jokes apart, I wish to recall one anecdote I heard, when I was in school.

In a class, while teaching, the teacher heard intermittent sounds of 'keech, keech' from somewhere. Quite irritated and annoyed, the teacher tried to find out what it was and where it came from. After some initial search, finally he could pinpoint the place the sound came from. It was one of the back benches from where the 'keech, keech' sound emanated.

The teacher slowly went to that place and to his horror, he found one of the boys sitting there was playing with a live rat. It was the rat that was actually crying out of pain. The boy had tied a tight rope in its tail and kept the rat inside the draw of his desk. He was frequently opening and closing the draw and the rat was writhing in pain, whenever the boy closed the draw and it started crying out in pain.

On seeing this, the teacher really pitied the poor rat and asked the boy to stand up. He did. Then the teacher asked him, 'My dear boy, don't you know, if you harass a poor creature like this, in your next birth, you will be born as a rat and the same rat will be born as a boy like you. God will create an opportunity to the boy (now rat) to repeat the same kind of torture to you (when you are a rat).

To this, the boy loudly laughed. He said politely, 'Sir, that's a good point. But, you may not know the truth. In my previous birth, I was a rat and this rat was a boy and I suffered at the hands of that boy. Now, it is my turn to return the same gesture.
Now, the scores are levelled'.

The teacher was speechless.

Why I am telling this is, for every event or occurrence, a cause may not be there or could not be found, particularly in one's karma. Similarly, the cause and effect logic will not work in all the cases. So, instead of wasting our precious time on doing research on the probable cause/s for each and every event happening in our life or what we see before us, let us try to overcome the destiny and march on to success. (Introspection and Analysis are needed only in certain cases, not all)

The struggle between fate and human efforts is constant and has been going on forever, from time immemorial. If one surmounts difficulties posed by the so called fate, he turns out to be the real achiever or hero in his life.

Now, let us see the revised definition of fate.

FATE -

F - Freedom to
A - Act and
T - Triumph
E - Eternally

Last edited:
Sorry, I digressed from the topic, in my last post.

Coming to the topic under discussion, I would say this.

Procreation is quite natural for all species including Homo Sapiens. Since it is associated with sexual activity, many have a negative feeling or opinion about it.
When sexual activity itself is a natural, biological urge, reproduction or procreation need not have any kind of stigma attached to it. Nor it is a sin against God or Nature.

I do not know about other species. But I can speak for mankind.

Every person wants to see his/her heredity/race continues, even after his/her death. This is one of the major wishes.

Next, one's potency or capacity to reproduce and the associated notions in the society about it (or the lack of it) in a person also compels one to beget children.

Thirdly, no religion howsoever orthodox or ancient it is, has prohibited or decries procreation.

Fourthly, to reassure ourselves about our own physical safety and share our inner feelings and love, we need children. Many of us see our children as an extension of ourselves or at least our reflected self.

Only thing to remember is -
"Procreation is not for Recreation"

ravi,

here are couple of instances, where we, according to what i understand, go against your definition of fate.

- ok by nature, if a couple cannot conceive, they adopt. in the process, they have children, go through the pleasures of bringing up a child, see it grow and finally, hopefully, light their funeral pyre (assuming either gender can do that). is this not directly going against the fate that life has planned for you?

- ok you are born without legs. so per fate, you are supposed to live your life without mobility. nowadays, however, you can have prosthetic legs, with which, you can move even faster than normal humans. ie not only have you one upped on fate, but double upped.
is this wrong? what is the consequences of this?

should you apolgize for deliberately cheating fate here? will this be double up your punishments in the next life? what pariharams can you do to negate that?

the reason i am asking so many questions is that many a times we attribute things to fate. 4 months ago, just while walking, for no reason at all, my leg twisted and i broke my ankle.

on the face of it, this act is one for which there is no cause, but the effect was a painful month in cast etc. is this fate that i should break my leg?

ravi, please do not think, i am mocking or poking fun. i am serious, as i see many people, attributing their life sorrows especially to fate, and sit and do nothing about it.

i am of the opposite kind. if there is something we can do to better our lot, i think, we should do everything possible. i think, the more we constrain ourselves by laws and shastras, the more we have to attribute our wants not being fulfilled to fate. we have, i think, as intelligent humans, the wherewithals to seek and acquire and satisfy our wants.

thank you.

Sri Kunjuppu ji,

This is what we want.......arguments, debates,

Cross questioning and some fun....

As you have listed out some of the arrangements that we human beings strive to do in order to better our life, we all need to agree that we as intelligent human beings should do our level best to overcome our disabilities to survive in a best passable way and make our life easier.

The science and technology will keep exploring the better ways of life for disabled people and we feel extremely happy and satisfied having achieving them. Otherwise what is the use of having a human brain?

Artificial limbs, hearing aids, plastic surgery, eye lenses, wheel chairs, test tube baby, psychiatric treatments etc...etc...are all human innovations to overcome the ordeals of life. We all welcome this as the need of independent human survival and a fulfilled life as per our expectations.

Needless to say adoption of a child as well is an adjustment in one's life.

This is what we say -

"VIDHIAI MADHIYAAL VELLALAM"

This concept of "Vidhiai Madhiyaal Vellalam", I believe is the rule of the nature/God as well. So we need not to assume that we are deliberately overcoming the fate of being handicapped and thereby committing a sin.

I believe sins are concerned only with our wrong deeds. A wrong way of livelihood, cheating others and do what ever we could in devious means in order to be successful and have satisfied life.

In fact the above was supposed to be my another subject of a thread that I have planned. But now it's not required as it has begin here.

Though we have all these artificial arrangements for physically challenged people, we as human beings still would be regretting for not having natural fitness like others who are no way physically challenged. We can say that even by having these artificial arrangements we could not feel the pleasure and comfort of what natural fitness offers. This way the FATE succeeds.

I request all the members to excuse me for my above statements. I feel this subject is very heavy to handle and may offend many people.

But my motive is only to highlight that we all are under the influence of FATE. At the same time we should have the courage and optimistic attitude to overcome any sort of physical challenges, keep our self cool and do our level best possible to be successful.

Whether a person is healthy in all the ways or physically challenged in some or the other way, every one have dreams and every one of us are passing through many travails and ordeals of life to achieve our goals. Due to technological advancements, not a single physical issue can deter any body and can keep every one in par with others.

As far as this statement of yours concerned...."4 months ago, just while walking, for no reason at all, my leg twisted and i broke my ankle.

on the face of it, this act is one for which there is no cause, but the effect was a painful month in cast etc. is this fate that i should break my leg?"

- I have an answer. For these tiniest details of life we can not say that "Vidhi Yen Vaazhkaiyil Vilaidiruthu"

But if we speak in terms of Astrology, I believe astrologers would give their own valid reasons of such incidents - "Neram Seri Illai, Evalovu Jaakardhaiyaaga Irundhaalum, Chinna-chinna Prachanaigal, Asambaavidhungal Nadandhu vidum". Might be Chavvai or Sani or Rahu is causing the issue in a day to day life.

Sri Sharma ji,

Believe me. I am not making fun of astrology.

I strongly believe in astrology and I have a penchant in astrology. I love to learn astrology in depth if I could get such a chance in my life.

For me astrology is a divine subject.

All this warnings of vidhi ,fate , poorvajanma karma, paapam ,punyam ,astrology , naadi jotsyam, hastharekha, sakunam ,or any thing like that should be taken only to the level of relevance it needs.None should get totally engrossed in it leaving all other normal duties. Nobody should get addicted to these.

They all guiding lights to lead a good life, and not life by themselves.

W cannot stop darkness(night). But carrying a torch in night can help our journey easy and comfortable.We will not trip on some impediments and fall. Similarly if astrology predicts certain illness at certain time, precaution can be taken to lessen its severeness,(a health insurance perhaps).

Unavoidable + plus unknown is dangerous.

It can be Unavoidable ,but made known . that is what astrology helps.That is what even a preventive medical check up helps.

Just leaving everything to fate and doing nothing is sheer escapism.

Fighting and facing all and in the end if it is failure, then let fate take the blame.But then success is also probable most of the time.

Fate is just a cushion for hurt and helpless heads to rest.

Greetings

Last edited by a moderator:
thank you ravi.

in fact, at the instant when my ankle broke, i was nursing some bad thoughts.

though my rationality appeared to tell me that there is really no connection between my ankle-break and the bad-thought, the குதுர்க்க புத்தி in me, appear to whisper, that it was an instant punishment from God.

my mother always used to say that today's God did not wait to punish :(

re fate: i am coming to think, that we are all supplied with a bunch of wares just like the proverbial chettiar. this may be considered our fate.

for example, it is your fate to find a spouse at this point in time. this is a personal as well as a historical statement.

personal, in the sense, that one reaches the marriageable age, in our jargon, only mid twenties onwards. happens only once in a liftetime ie entry into this specific group.

also, this is early 21st century, where you are plying your wares, ie your eligibility in a market of competing brahmacharis. sure enough it is competition.

due to anomalies of the market, ie demand and supply, you are in a passive mode ie the girls are doing more of the chosing than you. in fact, many a boys these days, will be just delirious to have just one girl say 'yes'. is it not so?

so, this is the situation that fate has handed.

the starting point.

now, ofcourse, our bachelor can sit and wait and see how this plays out. to me, that would be the typical handling of fate. he can say என் தலைஎழுத்து என்னவோ and let time pass in despair.

or he can put some defining parameters set to time box the solution within, say 2 years or so. how he set the parameters, depends on him and his worldview. but he has set himself that at the end of 2 years he will be in a grihastha state.

that the end product may not be what he envisioned at the beginning of the marriage project is another issue. what was most important to him was that in 2 years he will be married.

so he probably has a wish list and a would like list.. as time passes, there will be a movement of the wishes to would like to acceptable.

the bottom line, is that we all wish to seek happiness. happiness is a commodity, that i see, seems to elude us, the more we try to box it within stringent parameters. also happiness, many a times, springs from surprising sources, and this is what makes life worthwhile in the ultimate.

i will be more specific in answers based on your further queries.

thank you. :)

Dear Sri C. Ravi Ji,

Again, let me be claer, so that you understand. I fear that somewhere what I communicated got missed.

The reason, I talked about my long years in Corporate life is not to be boastful; but rather to communicate that in the Corporate work in the west, diract, clear and prcise communication is encouraged.

Of course, a person in any authority position should be mindful in not hurting others feelings. Everyone who is a serious member of this Forum does not have any intentions to deliberately hurt others' feelings. But if a direct communication is taken as an affront, then is it a problem with the person originating the communication? If you think you have examples of any 'hurtful' conversation going on here, please point them out and we will act. But be also be aware that there are standards established for tagging such communication, and the mere part on someone saying that something is hurtful does not necessarily get it tagged as such.

Challenging other ideas properly never falls in to this category. Hope this explains.

Regards,
KRS

Sri KRS ji,

Absolutely correct......

We are sharing our knowledge and views to learn more and in a perfect manner.

My humble openion in general...

We might have been working or worked in a corporate world, we may be President/Vise President/CEO of a big company, we may be a Judge, lawyer, doctor or a Police Officer, the point is we need to take the maximum effort to ensure that not a single person is offended any ways. If we could achive this in this Forum than we can say that we have taken up an another successful assignment other than what our profession has offered/demanded.

Sri KRS ji, honestly speaking I have not considered your feedbacks to me as personal and I am no way offended. In fact you have helped me to put forward my statements/views clearly.

Earlier some one claimed that I am voilating the rules of the Forum by commenting negatively about other religion and requested moderators to interfere. But as a mater of fact I had not expressed so, a moderator could defend me. Even this I have not considered personal. Because each of us here are not known to each other and we are not against each other. It's all a matter of how we have conveyed and we have understood. Every one of us are depended on each other for exchanging views and we all cherish every moment that we spend in this forum.

My comments were in general and not personal...

Hi all

Any thing which is a new invention against the nature, will lead to destruction.....
2 my know.

Thanks

Sri Swaninatha Sharma,

I am not too sure about that. there are quite a lot of advancements in the medical field which are essentially correcting the deformities and disease occured in the natural process. For example, in some cases, twins born attached is a natural deformity; seperating the twins so that both the children can grow healthy is a surgical process.

Possibly you may not have something like this in your mind when you expressed your opinion. If it is expressed more specifically, it would be much easier to see your point of view.

Last edited:
Dear Sri C. Ravi Ji,

Again, let me be claer, so that you understand. I fear that somewhere what I communicated got missed.

The reason, I talked about my long years in Corporate life is not to be boastful; but rather to communicate that in the Corporate work in the west, diract, clear and prcise communication is encouraged.

Of course, a person in any authority position should be mindful in not hurting others feelings. Everyone who is a serious member of this Forum does not have any intentions to deliberately hurt others' feelings. But if a direct communication is taken as an affront, then is it a problem with the person originating the communication? If you think you have examples of any 'hurtful' conversation going on here, please point them out and we will act. But be also be aware that there are standards established for tagging such communication, and the mere part on someone saying that something is hurtful does not necessarily get it tagged as such.

Challenging other ideas properly never falls in to this category. Hope this explains.

Regards,
KRS

Sri KRS ji, well said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back