• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Vamsa Vrudhi kara Durga Kavacham - MP3 available?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Namaste, Hari Om,

Dear friends,

is it possible for someone on this forum with the knowledge to record their voice chanting these verses of the Vamsa Vrudhi kara Durga Kavacham?

Many folks who are pregnant wish to chant this and I can not find a mp3 online. Please assist, will be greatly appreciated.

If you can point me in the direction of someone who can properly say these words please let me know, I dont mind offering a small donation as well.

Vamsa Vrudhi kara Durga Kavacham

Shri Raghubirji,

The webpage gives a version of the kavacam which contains several errors. According to orthodox beliefs, chanting such erroneous slokas may result in negative results. Kindly try to get a correct version and then may be, I can make an mp3 audio file and send it to you.

You say "Many folks who are pregnant wish to chant this". I do not know your location but there is one temple of Goddess "GarbharakShaambikaa" in Tamil Nadu. The name of the place is Thirukkarukaavoor. If you do google search you will find more details. A visit to the temple is said to help women in conceiving. If anyone around you needs some religious action on these lines, perhaps you may ask them to visit that temple. If for some reason such a visit is not now possible, some women make a "manoti" and visit the temple with the new-born child also.

Just for information pl.

Shri Raghubirji,

The webpage gives a version of the kavacam which contains several errors. According to orthodox beliefs, chanting such erroneous slokas may result in negative results. Kindly try to get a correct version and then may be, I can make an mp3 audio file and send it to you.

You say "Many folks who are pregnant wish to chant this". I do not know your location but there is one temple of Goddess "GarbharakShaambikaa" in Tamil Nadu. The name of the place is Thirukkarukaavoor. If you do google search you will find more details. A visit to the temple is said to help women in conceiving. If anyone around you needs some religious action on these lines, perhaps you may ask them to visit that temple. If for some reason such a visit is not now possible, some women make a "manoti" and visit the temple with the new-born child also.

Just for information pl.

Namaste, Hari Om, Sangom Ji,

Your words are appreciated, and your offer to chant the mantra is also appreciated.

I have searched and searched, but can not find the above Kavacham in its native script (or one that is error free).

I am not sure where too look.

I have heard of the temple in Tamil Nadu, it is a very powerful temple with a nice Shivalingam.

Can you do me a kind favor (if this is ok), can you record yourself chanting the two mantras from the site (http://garbaratchambigaitemple.org/mantras.php)?

[h=6]Prathana Sloga For Easy Delivery:[/h]
  • Hey, Shankara Smarahara Brahmadhathi
    Nathari Mannatha Samba Sasisooda
    Harathiri soolin sambo sugaprasava Grithbavamey
    Dayalo, Hey Madhavi Vanesa Palaiyamaam Namasthey
[h=6]Another Sloga For Easy Delivery:[/h]
  • Himavat Uttharey Parswey Suratha
    Namayakshinee
    Thasya Smarana Mathrena Visalya
    Gharbineebavedhu

Your words are appreciated, and your offer to chant the mantra is also appreciated.

I have searched and searched, but can not find the above Kavacham in its native script (or one that is error free).

I am not sure where too look.

I have heard of the temple in Tamil Nadu, it is a very powerful temple with a nice Shivalingam.

Can you do me a kind favor (if this is ok), can you record yourself chanting the two mantras from the site (http://garbaratchambigaitemple.org/mantras.php)?

Prathana Sloga For Easy Delivery:
  • Hey, Shankara Smarahara Brahmadhathi
    Nathari Mannatha Samba Sasisooda
    Harathiri soolin sambo sugaprasava Grithbavamey
    Dayalo, Hey Madhavi Vanesa Palaiyamaam Namasthey
Another Sloga For Easy Delivery:

• Himavat Uttharey Parswey Suratha
    Namayakshinee
    Thasya Smarana Mathrena Visalya
    Gharbineebavedhu

Shri Raghubirji,

I give below the two slokas in Hindi (Devanagari) script, since I feel you may be able to read them in a more facile manner:

हॆ शंकर स्मरहर ब्रह्मदति नतरि मन्नत सांब शशिचूड ।
हर तिरि शूलिन् शंभॊ सुखप्रसव ग्रिथ्भव मॆ दयाळो
हे माधवि वनेश पालयमाम् नमस्ते ॥

हिमवत् उत्तरे पार्श्वे सुरत नाम यक्षिणी ।
तस्य स्मरण मात्रॆण विशल्य गर्भिणीभवॆत् ॥

FYI, the knowledge of Sanskrit/Hindi is not adequate among TN population and the way they transliterate the slokas is not at all satisfactory, usually. I am not able to make head or tail of the words in bold. blue font. In addition, it looks neither like a mantra nor a sloka since it has two lines and some additions. If, however, someone is bent upon reciting some mantra for easy delivery, I think it should be possible for that person to read this Hindi version.

The second sloka talks about "विशल्य गर्भिणीभवॆत्" ; though, it is not clear from the English transliteration, as to whether the original meant भवतु or भवेत् , I have settled for भवेत् since that will be appropriate for the poetic metre. Now, विशल्य गर्भिणीभवॆत् means, "may become pregnant without any surgical procedure". It does not talk about easy delivery.

You see a number of infertility clinics are reportedly advertising as an appendage to this temple and there are agents who pick up couples who have visited the temple without any result, towards these clinics for various procedures like Artificial Insemination to very advanced techniques like In-Vitro Fertilization, donor sperm/ovum, etc. I feel this mantra has been either taken from Atharva Veda or someone has made it up. The meaning of this verse is, roughly, "To the north of the Himavaan, there is a Yakshinee (the name of a demi-god of the nature of an apparition) by name Surata; remembering her will grant the boon of becoming pregnant without any surgical procedure."

I personally don't think the chanting of any specific mantra is necessary for easy delivery. Let the pregnant woman chant whatever sloka she knows about Goddess Lakshmi or Durga and make a मनौति to visit the Garbharakshambika temple with the new-born child (preferably within its first year). That should do and I understand that this is what many women do.

I am truly thankful and humbled to receive your input and knowledge.

The Hindi script you provide does allow me to better understand the context of the transliteration.

I heed your words of advice with reverence, especially your last few sentences;

Let the pregnant woman chant whatever sloka she knows about Goddess Lakshmi or Durga and make a मनौति to visit the Garbharakshambika temple with the new-born child (preferably within its first year).

It is very true, with love and the perseverance towards the feet of God blessings will be bestowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back