• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Upanayanam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ref: Post # 24.

I was taken aback for a moment when I saw so many lines in RED INK!!
Sri. Mahakavi is yet to know that ONLY the moderators can use that color!! :ranger:

10 out of 400 is not bad. If you invited 4000 people 100 of the printouts would have been taken. That is 2.5%. In general if you get 5-10% response (without any incentive) for any survey that is considered good. The survey takers project the general response from that small sample. I used to run the local branch of the American Chemical Society in South Bend, Indiana. For the meetings I organized only 5-10% of the membership would show up. Keep in mind that most of the members had Masters and Ph.D degrees. That was considered a successful meeting. The whole population's behavior can be picturised on a probability curve. The majority of the people fit into the central band comprising 80% whom we can characterize as just neutral or apathetic. 10% at one extreme are extremely mindful of issues important to them. The 10% at the other extreme would not care if the sky caved in in their front yard. It is a rough modification of Pareto's rule (Pareto invented the 80:20 ratio in most human endeavors--20% of people do 80% of the work and so on). 80% apathy, 10% empathy, 10% antipathy (which amounts to hatred and even ridicule of anything you say or do) fits the general pattern.

Last edited:
Ref: Post # 24.

I was taken aback for a moment when I saw so many lines in RED INK!!
Sri. Mahakavi is yet to know that ONLY the moderators can use that color!! :ranger:

Sorry! It is corrected now. I was used to answering questions in email using red to answer specific points raised in the email. I know the standard here now.
Thanks.

Last edited:
Sorry! I was used to answering questions in email using red to answer specific points raised in the email. I know the standard here now.
Thanks.
You are new to this forum, sir. Not a big problem. You can edit it even now to some other color!

Editing is possible within 24 hours, if I remember correct.

PS: Any thread started will be shocked to see RED ink in his / her thread!!
:D

Last edited:
1997 இல் என் பெண் கல்யாணத்தின்போது விவாஹ மந்திரங்களின் பொருள் என்ற சிறு கையேடு ஒன்றை அச்சிட்டேன். விவாஹத்துக்கு வந்த பிராமணர்களுக்கெல்லாம் 400 பிரதிகள் நானே என் கைப்பட விநியோகித்தேன். ஸாஸ்திரிகள் உள்பட. மறுநாள் மண்டபத்தைக் காலி செய்யும் போது நாற்காலிகளின் கீழிருந்தும், ஜன்னல்கள், கதவு இடுக்குகளிலிருந்தும் கசங்கிய நிலையிலும் புத்தம் புதிதாகவும் கிடைத்த கையேடுகளின் எண்ணிக்கை 390. மீதிப் பத்துப் பேராவது படித்திருப்பார்கள் என்ற நம்பிக்கை தான் என்னை தளரவிடாமல் காப்பாற்றியது.

நண்பர் திரு விக்ரமன் அவர்களுக்கு வணக்கம் ,
இலவசமாக கிடைத்த நல்லதொரு பொருளின் அருமை தெரியாதது ஒரு துரதிருஷ்டமே .

கர்நாடக மாநிலத்தில் (பழைய மைசூர் பக்கம் ) ஓர் பழக்கம் நிலவுகிறது. விவாஹத்தின் போது சாஸ்த்ரிகள் வேத மந்திர சடங்குகளை ஆரம்பிப்பதற்கு முன் அந்த சடங்கின் முக்கியத்தையும் மந்திரங்களின் அர்த்தத்தையும் கன்னடத்தில் விளக்கிகூறுகிரார்கள். இது வைதீக முறையை பின்பற்றும் எல்லா வகுப்பினர்களுக்கும் மிகவும் உதவியாக இருக்கிறது. இப்பொழுது இந்த முறையை பின்பற்றுவதை தமிழ் நாட்டிலும் காண்கின்றேன் . நல்லதொரு முயற்சி.
நலம் கோரும்
ப்ரஹ்மண்யன்
பெங்களுரு

கர்நாடக மாநிலத்தில் .......விவாஹத்தின் போது சாஸ்த்ரிகள் வேத மந்திர சடங்குகளை ஆரம்பிப்பதற்கு முன் அந்த சடங்கின் முக்கியத்தையும் மந்திரங்களின் அர்த்தத்தையும் கன்னடத்தில் விளக்கிகூறுகிரார்கள். ....... இப்பொழுது இந்த முறையை பின்பற்றுவதை தமிழ் நாட்டிலும் காண்கின்றேன் . நல்லதொரு முயற்சி.
அஸ்ய தர்மஸ்ய உத்தரோத்தரம் வ்ருத்திரஸ்து.

உயிருள்ள சமுதாயத்தின் அடையாளம் பற்றி ஆர்னால்ட் டாயன்பீ கூறுகிறார்- யாரேனும் ஒருவர் துணிந்து ஒரு புதுமை செய்தால் பத்துப் பேர் அவரைப் பின்பற்றுவார்கள். பத்துப் பேர் அவரைக் கடுமயாக எதிர்ப்பார்கள். மீதி 80 பேர் மதில் மேல் பூனையாக நின்று கொண்டு வேடிக்கை பார்ப்பார்கள். புது முயற்சி வெற்றி பெற்றுவிட்டால் இந்த 80 பேரில் பெரும்பாலானோர் புதுமையை ஏற்றுக் கொள்வார்கள்.தாழ்த்தப்பட்ட சமுதாயங்களில் தலைவன் சொன்னது தான் சட்டம். அதை மீறி எவனும் புதுமை செய்ய முடியாது.

பிராமண சமுதாயத்தை முற்கூறிய இலக்கணப்படி ஒரு உயிருள்ள சமுதாயம் என்று ஏற்றுக் கொள்ளலாம். நம்மில் யாரேனும் ஒருவர் துணிந்து உபநயனம் விவாஹம் போன்றவற்றை எளிமையாக, கேளிக்கைத் தன்மை இல்லாமல், அதன் வைதிகத் தன்மை கெட்டுப் போகாமல், நடத்தினால் சிறுகச் சிறுக சமுதாயம் முழுவதும் மாற வாய்ப்பு இருக்கிறது.

ஆனால் பூனைக்கு மணி கட்டுவது யார்?

உங்களுக்கு உபநயன வயதில் பையன் இருந்து, அவனுக்கு நீங்கள் இது போன்று வைதிகத் தன்மைக்கு முக்கியத்துவம் கொடுக்கும் முறையில் உபநயனம் செய்து வைக்கத் தீர்மானித்தால் முத்ல எதிர்ப்பு உங்கள் இல்லாளிடமிருந்து தான் வரும்.

நன்னா...இருக்கு. நமக்கு இருக்கறது ஒரே புள்ளை. விமரிசையாகச் செய்யாவிட்டால் எப்படி?இதைச் சாக்கிட்டுத் தானே நம் வீட்டுக்கு நாலு பந்துக்கள் சினேகிதாள் வருவா. அவாளுக்கெல்லாம் மரியாதை பண்ணி புடவை வேஷ்டி வாங்கித் தர வேண்டாமா. எல்லாரும் வந்தா இந்த வீடு போறுமா? உங்க கஞ்சத்தனத்தை எல்லாம் இப்போ தான் காட்டறதா ................. என்று நீட்டி முழக்குவார். நீங்கள் சொல்ல வந்ததையே முழுவதுமாகச் சொல்ல விடமாட்டார்.

சமஷ்டி உபநயனங்களில் செலவு குறைகிறதே அன்றி ஆடம்பரங்கள் குறைவதில்லை.

நம் வீடுகளில் எல்லாம் மதுரை மாடல் நிர்வாகம் தான். (எல்லாருக்கும் தெரிஞ்ச ரகசியத்தை வெளிப்படையாகச் சொல்வதில் என்ன வெட்கம்?)

எனவே எந்த சீர்திருத்தமும் தாய்மார்களிடமிருந்து தான் ஆரம்பிக்கவேண்டும். உபநயனத்தை ஆயுஷ்ஹோமம், மங்கல நீராடட்ல் போன்று வீட்டளவில் செய்ய வேண்டும். பையன் தொடர்ந்து சந்தியா வந்தனம் செய்யக் கூடிய வகையில் வைதிகத் தன்மைக்கு முக்கியத்துவம் கொடுக்க வேண்டும். மந்திரங்களை அர்த்தம் சொல்லி நிதானமாகச் சொல்ல வேண்டும். பையன், தகப்பனார் அந்த மந்திரத்தைத் திரும்பச் சொல்கிறார்களா என்பதை உறுதி செய்ய வேண்டும். இது தாய்மார்களால் தான் முடியும்.

தாயக் குலம் என்ன நினைக்கிறது என்று தெரிந்து கொள்ள விரும்புகிறேன்.

............ தாயக் குலம் என்ன நினைக்கிறது என்று தெரிந்து கொள்ள விரும்புகிறேன்.
அறுபதுகளை எட்டும் தாய்க்குலம் இப்படிச் சொன்னாலும், இருபதுகளில் உள்ள தாய்க்குலம் ஒப்புக்கொள்ள வேண்டுமே!!

ஏன் இப்படிச் சொல்லுகிறேன் தெரியுமா?

சமீபத்தில் அமெரிக்க வாழ் மகன், மருமகள் தங்கள் மகளின் ஆயுஷ் ஹோமத்தை இந்தியாவில் நடத்தத் தீர்மானித்தார்கள்.

சுற்றமும், நட்பும் சிறிய வட்டத்தில் வந்தால், எங்கள் முதல் மாடிப் பகுதி (1500 சதுர அடி) போதும்! இதைச் சொன்னவுடன்,

வாழைப் பூவாக மாறியது இளைய தாய்க்குலத்தின் முகம்! விளைவு:

அருகிலுள்ள கல்யாண மண்டபம் ஏற்பாடு!

சாஸ்திரிகள் நால்வருக்கு எட்டாயிரம் தக்ஷிணை.

எல்லோருக்கும் தாம்பூலத்துடன் முறுக்கு, லட்டு.

சுற்றத்தாருக்கு, புடவை-வேஷ்டிகள்.

சம்பந்தி மரியாதை ஸ்பெஷல் புடவை-வேஷ்டி.

மற்ற மகளிருக்கெல்லாம் ரவிக்கைத் துணி.

நல்ல வேளை! எல்லோரிடமும் கணினி இருப்பதால், பத்திரிக்கை மட்டும் அடிக்கவில்லை! ஆகச் செலவு
ஒண்ணரை

லகரம்!
'டாலரில் சம்பாதிச்சா ஏன் பண்ணக் கூடாது?' என்று விமர்சனம் வேறு!! என்ன செய்வது?

பின் குறிப்பு:
பெங்களூர் திருமணம் ஒன்றில், வரவேற்புப் பூ அலங்காரத்திற்கு மட்டும், ஐந்து லகரம் செலவு செய்தார்களாம்!!
:faint:

one and a half lakh for an ayushomam? my goodness!

iruppavargalukku laddu murukku taruvadai vida illaathavargalukku saatham sambar kodukkalaame? Just a suggestion - not specific to the instance quoted by Smt.RR.

one and a half lakh for an ayushomam? my goodness!

iruppavargalukku laddu murukku taruvadai vida illaathavargalukku saatham sambar kodukkalaame? Just a suggestion - not specific to the instance quoted by Smt.RR.
​Donation was given also!! :thumb:

e must not forget that vivaham and upanayanam are social events as well, in addition to the religious part, when we willingly invite near and distant relatives. Many make the effort to attend the function; we also get the pleasure of meeting familiar and unfamiliar relatives. In fact I meet most of the relatives only in such functions.

I find it difficult to accept the argument that money spent on festivities can be given to charity. This argument can be extended to any of our activities - eating out in restaurants, going on holidays or such luxuries.

A better approach may to be to spend equivalent amount on veda parayanam, sponsoring prasadams in temples for distribution or donation to other noble causes.

வடிவேலு பாஷைலே சொல்லப்போனா இந்த மந்திரங்களும் சம்பிரதாயங்களும் இப்போது லௌகீகம் ஆகிவிட்டது. ஏனென்றால் சினிமாவிலும் சீரியலிலும் காட்டுகிறார்களே. நாமும் செய்வோம். வேதங்கள் என்ன சொன்னாலும், மந்திரங்கள் என்ன சொன்னாலும் நாம் ஆத்மார்த்தமாக எந்த பாஷைலே வேண்டிக்கிறோம். அதைதான் ஆண்டவன் ஏற்றுக்கொள்கிறான்.

I find it difficult to accept the argument that money spent on festivities can be given to charity. This argument can be extended to any of our activities - eating out in restaurants, going on holidays or such luxuries.

A better approach may to be to spend equivalent amount on veda parayanam, sponsoring prasadams in temples for distribution or donation to other noble causes.

Easier said than done. Everybody has a budget for such functions. Usually it gets stretched beyond limits due to various factors. If so where is the extra money to spend on other charitable functions---especially equal amount?

உயிருள்ள சமுதாயத்தின் அடையாளம் பற்றி ஆர்னால்ட் டாயன்பீ கூறுகிறார்- யாரேனும் ஒருவர் துணிந்து ஒரு புதுமை செய்தால் பத்துப் பேர் அவரைப் பின்பற்றுவார்கள். பத்துப் பேர் அவரைக் கடுமயாக எதிர்ப்பார்கள். மீதி 80 பேர் மதில் மேல் பூனையாக நின்று கொண்டு வேடிக்கை பார்ப்பார்கள். புது முயற்சி வெற்றி பெற்றுவிட்டால் இந்த 80 பேரில் பெரும்பாலானோர் புதுமையை ஏற்றுக் கொள்வார்கள்.தாழ்த்தப்பட்ட சமுதாயங்களில் தலைவன் சொன்னது தான் சட்டம். அதை மீறி எவனும் புதுமை செய்ய முடியாது.

பிராமண சமுதாயத்தை முற்கூறிய இலக்கணப்படி ஒரு உயிருள்ள சமுதாயம் என்று ஏற்றுக் கொள்ளலாம். நம்மில் யாரேனும் ஒருவர் துணிந்து உபநயனம் விவாஹம் போன்றவற்றை எளிமையாக, கேளிக்கைத் தன்மை இல்லாமல், அதன் வைதிகத் தன்மை கெட்டுப் போகாமல், நடத்தினால் சிறுகச் சிறுக சமுதாயம் முழுவதும் மாற வாய்ப்பு இருக்கிறது.

ஆனால் பூனைக்கு மணி கட்டுவது யார்?

உங்களுக்கு உபநயன வயதில் பையன் இருந்து, அவனுக்கு நீங்கள் இது போன்று வைதிகத் தன்மைக்கு முக்கியத்துவம் கொடுக்கும் முறையில் உபநயனம் செய்து வைக்கத் தீர்மானித்தால் முத்ல எதிர்ப்பு உங்கள் இல்லாளிடமிருந்து தான் வரும்.

நன்னா...இருக்கு. நமக்கு இருக்கறது ஒரே புள்ளை. விமரிசையாகச் செய்யாவிட்டால் எப்படி?இதைச் சாக்கிட்டுத் தானே நம் வீட்டுக்கு நாலு பந்துக்கள் சினேகிதாள் வருவா. அவாளுக்கெல்லாம் மரியாதை பண்ணி புடவை வேஷ்டி வாங்கித் தர வேண்டாமா. எல்லாரும் வந்தா இந்த வீடு போறுமா? உங்க கஞ்சத்தனத்தை எல்லாம் இப்போ தான் காட்டறதா ................. என்று நீட்டி முழக்குவார். நீங்கள் சொல்ல வந்ததையே முழுவதுமாகச் சொல்ல விடமாட்டார்.

சமஷ்டி உபநயனங்களில் செலவு குறைகிறதே அன்றி ஆடம்பரங்கள் குறைவதில்லை.

நம் வீடுகளில் எல்லாம் மதுரை மாடல் நிர்வாகம் தான். (எல்லாருக்கும் தெரிஞ்ச ரகசியத்தை வெளிப்படையாகச் சொல்வதில் என்ன வெட்கம்?)

எனவே எந்த சீர்திருத்தமும் தாய்மார்களிடமிருந்து தான் ஆரம்பிக்கவேண்டும். உபநயனத்தை ஆயுஷ்ஹோமம், மங்கல நீராடட்ல் போன்று வீட்டளவில் செய்ய வேண்டும். பையன் தொடர்ந்து சந்தியா வந்தனம் செய்யக் கூடிய வகையில் வைதிகத் தன்மைக்கு முக்கியத்துவம் கொடுக்க வேண்டும். மந்திரங்களை அர்த்தம் சொல்லி நிதானமாகச் சொல்ல வேண்டும். பையன், தகப்பனார் அந்த மந்திரத்தைத் திரும்பச் சொல்கிறார்களா என்பதை உறுதி செய்ய வேண்டும். இது தாய்மார்களால் தான் முடியும்.

தாயக் குலம் என்ன நினைக்கிறது என்று தெரிந்து கொள்ள விரும்புகிறேன்.
hi vikraman sir,
just for information....நான் என் பையனுக்கு ஒன்பது வயதில் சமஷ்டி உபநயனம் தான் செயேதேன்..அமெரிக்காவில் இருந்து வந்து சென்னையில் செய்தேன்.....வெறும் என் தாய்
மற்றும் மனைவி மட்டும்.....மாமியார் அழைக்கவில்லை...கொஞ்சம் தாய் குலத்திற்கு வருத்தம் தான்....வைதிக செலவு மட்டும் தான்....அடாம்பர செலவு
இல்லை.....மாமியார் சொன்னார்....வசதி இருந்தும் சமஷ்டி உபநயனம் செய்வார்களோ? .....என்னுடைய பதில் இது தான்...என் மகன் உபநயனம் ....என் இஷ்டம் தான்.....கொஞ்சம் கஷ்டம் தான்...கொஞ்சம் துணிச்சல் வேண்டும்....இது மாதிரி என் மகள்
திருமணம் எளிமையாக செய்ய விரும்புகிறேன் ....even without மாமியார்...
அதற்க்கு ஆண்டவன் அருள் புரிய வேண்டும்.....பெரியோர்கள் ஆசிர்வாதம் தேவை....ஆனால் அவர்களின் இன்வோல்வேமென்ட் தேவை இல்லை....
\

Last edited:
hi vikraman sir,
just for information....நான் என் பையனுக்கு ஒன்பது வயதில் சமஷ்டி உபநயனம் தான் செயேதேன்..அமெரிக்காவில் இருந்து வந்து சென்னையில் செய்தேன்.....வெறும் என் தாய்
மற்றும் மனைவி மட்டும்.....மாமியார் அழைக்கவில்லை...கொஞ்சம் தாய் குலத்திற்கு வருத்தம் தான்....வைதிக செலவு மட்டும் தான்....அடாம்பர செலவு
இல்லை.....மாமியார் சொன்னார்....வசதி இருந்தும் சமஷ்டி உபநயனம் செய்வார்களோ? .....என்னுடைய பதில் இது தான்...என் மகன் உபநயனம் ....என் இஷ்டம் தான்.....கொஞ்சம் கஷ்டம் தான்...கொஞ்சம் துணிச்சல் வேண்டும்....இது மாதிரி என் மகள்
திருமணம் எளிமையாக செய்ய விரும்புகிறேன் ....even without மாமியார்...
அதற்க்கு ஆண்டவன் அருள் புரிய வேண்டும்.....பெரியோர்கள் ஆசிர்வாதம் தேவை....ஆனால் அவர்களின் இன்வோல்வேமென்ட் தேவை இல்லை....
\

Isn't that cruel? You can do simple ceremony. But why should that be the reason to dis-invite the mAmiyAr? You could have told her "don't expect pomp" but just come and confer your blessings. Same with the wedding too. If she refuses to come in the absence of expensive show let her be the one to choose so.

During wedding seasons, all the trains will be FULL. If we get the invitation about a month prior to the wedding, then we have

to travel in RAC!! One of my nephews suggested this. Almost everyone has a PC at home now a days. So skype-cast (new

word like telecast!) the wedding which will be conducted in the bride's / groom's house with guests < 20.

Advantages:

1. Trains and buses will be less crowded.

2. 'ThAykkulam' need NOT fear by travelling with heavy jewels in their suitcases / handbags.

3. Lot of food and wastage of food will be saved!

4. People can save money by sending only 50% of their travel expenses to the newly weds!

5. 'Madi chappadu' could be served to the vAdhyArs.

But this might happen after two more generations!!

>>'Madi chappadu' could be served to the vAdhyArs.

But this might happen after two more generations!! <

Do they want "maDi" sAppADu? You can even eliminate that and give cash.
In two generations I am not sure there will be vaidIha kalyANam at all

Note: The idea of writing two of my posts in English is to enable ALL our members to read them. :ranger:

Some of the very active participants can not read Tamil!!

If NRIs do something new, people will readily accept. We had a wedding in our very close circle in 2004. The girl was about

30 years. Curious to know why such a delay? Her star was Moolam and height 5'11". She was an IITan and had double MS

degree. Added to all these, her mother has Parkinson's disease. Enough reasons for the Indian brahmins to reject the girl,

right? Finally this alliance came up and the conditions by the NRI mami were these:

1. No elaborate homams for the wedding. Should be conducted in Arya Samaj style.

2. No nine yard saree for the bride (and also for herself!!) on the wedding day.

3. The groom will wear only sherwani sets for the wedding and reception.

4. One silk saree for the muhurtham and one for the reception for the bride.

5. Jewels to be bought for the bride - only one chain, two bangles and a stud.

6. 20 people from each side to attend the muhurtham and about 400 for the reception dinner.

7. No bhakshnam packets.

8. No 'sambandhi mariyAdhai' dresses and silk / non silk sarees for relatives.

9. No gifts in kind. If anyone wants to give - ONLY cash gifts!

10. The couple
(without garlands) will mix with the guests and will NOT stand on a stage for the reception.

These looks like ten commandments but that wedding was COOL. The four important rituals of the wedding were explained by

the 'sAsthrigaL' and a nice tiny fire was made for homam. The time duration was about one hour followed by a Carnatic

concert for about one hour.

My nephew's parents are very orthodox and he is in 'kalyANa vayasu'!

Hence he talks about 'madi chappaadu'!! :hungry:

Please don't ask me who eats 'madi chappaadu' with knife and fork! Smiley added for fun!!

Last edited:
Isn't that cruel? You can do simple ceremony. But why should that be the reason to dis-invite the mAmiyAr? You could have told her "don't expect pomp" but just come and confer your blessings. Same with the wedding too. If she refuses to come in the absence of expensive show let her be the one to choose so.

I agree with your comments. It is cruel.

I am also surprised to read the 'anti mAmiyAr' concept of TBS Sir!

If it is real, then his wife should be really afraid even to talk to him!! :fear:

உபநயனம்

I do not find the logic in asking the people who have money to simplify their expenses. Money has no value unless it changes hands or spent. Money should be spent lavishly, then only it will get distributed among the have-nots.

Coming back to the subject I wish to present a different view. Now that religious functions have been turned into Social celebrations, it should have the fun and frolic for the participants. Such occasions offer the opportunity to meet our relatives and friends, eat good food, hear music and watch the fun of people strutting in their new Garments and jewellery. Life is a chain of experiences, let them be happy ones. Let us not reduce every occasion into sobriety of seriousness. Ultimately these occasions only remain in our mind. Every day should be a new day.

By this I am not advocating lavish spending by borrowed money. Let us restrict our expenses within our means.

Cheers,
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

I do not find the logic in asking the people who have money to simplify their expenses. Money has no value unless it changes hands or spent. Money should be spent lavishly, then only it will get distributed among the have-nots.
...................... By this I am not advocating lavish spending by borrowed money. Let us restrict our expenses within our means. ....
Dear Sir,

What you say is true. But in many cases I come across, it is 'APPU CHESI PAPPU KOODU'!!

(KADAN VAANGIK KALYAANAM)

உபநயனம்

Dear Mrs Raji Ram,

Not all mamiyars are same.
I wish to write a few lines about a noble soul who spread happiness around her. It was my mother in law Sarada Raghavendran (86) who passed away on April,9,2012 at Bangalore where she had come from Chennai with her son to spend a few days with her daughters' families..The end was sudden after she suffered of breathing trouble due to an attack of pneumonia. All her children and near relatives were at her bedside at the time of her death.

She was a lovable lady, who loved to enjoy good things in life. She loved good food, good clothing, jewellery, perfume and game of cards or watching TV serials. She was a friend in need, helped every one by her munificence. People who came to meet her never returned empty handed. She derived pleasure in giving some thing or other in the form of Gifts, it may be simple trinket, a hand bag or bottle of pickle or eats that she had prepared or even a new Saree. In her dictionary there was no word ended with "in-law". She used to tell how her own mother-in-law treated her with abundance of love, which in turn she radiated in her relationship with her daughters-in-law. I have never seen her separating any person because of his/her caste or community.
Her demise was indeed an irreparable loss for the family.

Warm Regards,
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back