• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

(UN) Conditional Love

Status
Not open for further replies.
surya,

it takes all kinds to make up this world. after all with 1.2B folks, we definitely can come up with examples of just about any aspect of love, conditional or otherwise.

this is a good story.

something close, happened in my family. a youngster was engaged to a girl, all tambrams, horoscope matched to the nth degree.

the date was fixed 4 months hence, and this young man, started making biweekly drop ins from mumbai to hyderabad, in an effort to get to know his wife to be.

two weeks prior to wedding, the girl confessed that she had a boyfriend, and was marrying this young man, under pressure from her parents.

the true gentleman he was, he approached the girl's father, talked to him & convneced the dad, to replace himself with the lover on the marriage dais, so that the function would go as planned.

only with the change of grooms. :) which it did.

re the young man?

his parents found him another tambram girl, whom he married, and is now father of a wee girl :)

hi

uncondiotional love only with mother and child in the world....all other loves are conditional....some kind od hidden agendas....husband/wife

or lovers love is some string attached....may be sexual part.....KUPUTRA JAYETA.....KUMAATA KADAAPI NA BHAVATHI...BY ADI

SHANKARACHAYA............

regards
tbs

Last edited:
Sri Kunjuppu

yes, many times ,i wonder about the ways of the world... In this case, the husband deserves our ----i don'r know what emotion..

He may appear as a true hero, or a helpless victim or.. a sympathetic human being... any role depending on our own bias and view..

But I am just imagining, whether the bride was not having any earlier occasion before marriage , by which it could have been conveyed to the prospective husband..by which he could also have been saved... from the present difficulty..

Or may be it is easy to theorise on other's difficulties..

I pray each to have separate happy family life hereafter ...

Sri Kunjuppu

yes, many times ,i wonder about the ways of the world... In this case, the husband deserves our ----i don'r know what emotion..

He may appear as a true hero, or a helpless victim or.. a sympathetic human being... any role depending on our own bias and view..

But I am just imagining, whether the bride was not having any earlier occasion before marriage , by which it could have been conveyed to the prospective husband..by which he could also have been saved... from the present difficulty..

Or may be it is easy to theorise on other's difficulties..

I pray each to have separate happy family life hereafter ...

suri,

i dont know about the girl. but the young man (YM), from my family, is doing just fine. with his replaced bride, now mother of his baby girl. all happened about 5 years ago.

re the girls' behaviour: we did a post mortem. according to the YM, she was a sweet but terrified of her father, girl.

the YM should be creditted, for he read the situation right, and 'persuaded', (read tough talking), the father, to the wedding of the girl with the boyfriend. again, the mother was also a helpless observer. i figure she too was scared of the dhurvaasa dad.

i know quite a few tyrant fathers. these are the guys, who also talk about duty of their children to give back, to take care in old age and all that stuff. gentle parents make seldom any demands. in my view. that is.

In one of the threads the discussion strayed into a discussion of conditional love and unconditional love.

Meantime I saw a news item (linked below).

Husband agrees to treat wife as 'sister'

It made me wonder...How many dimensions love has ? A good story for films ( some films already made on this subject. yesteryears)

Greetings

I just hope that this girls find true happiness and her lover stands by her like how the man she married her did by truly understanding her plight.

Its like the story from Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam.

Last edited:
It shows the true love of the newly wed girl for her lover and the true human in her groom....

Marriege is not just a formal procedure. It's truely a feel/a need of togetherness with liking, emotions and the decisions to commit whole heartedly.

Any one can tie a nuptial knot, but can not tie a heart, unless the hearts are mutually tied up.

In the next day's papers carried some more details .... It showed some more dramatics...strange...

the original wedding was to be with the elder sister... previous night she eloped with her lover.. so the parents forced the younger one to sit as bride..that she begged to be the sister...

Kathai eppadi...? Athan mudivu eppadi..?

In the next day's papers carried some more details .... It showed some more dramatics...strange...

the original wedding was to be with the elder sister... previous night she eloped with her lover.. so the parents forced the younger one to sit as bride..that she begged to be the sister...

Kathai eppadi...? Athan mudivu eppadi..?

truth is stranger than fiction?

maybe?

:)

truth is stranger than fiction?
K, we have all this stranger than fiction stories because the parents value the zeitgeist more than the wishes of their own blood. What is strange is the girl put her trust in a total stranger as opposed to her own parents, is this not strange? Even stranger is this total stranger understood the poor girl's predicament than her own parents!!

Jai ho sanatana darma!!!!!

K, we have all this stranger than fiction stories because the parents value the zeitgeist more than the wishes of their own blood. What is strange is the girl put her trust in a total stranger as opposed to her own parents, is this not strange? Even stranger is this total stranger understood the poor girl's predicament than her own parents!!

Jai ho sanatana darma!!!!!

1)The sanatana Dharma required the girl to love some one and yet agree to marry some one else when the parents wanted her to do that!
2)The Sanatana Dharma required the elder sister of the girl to elope with her lover leaving the to be bride-grrom in a lurch!!
3)The sanatana dharma dictated the bride-groom to ask the bride to tie a rakhee in his hand to signify that she is not his wife any more but a sister!!!
4)So jai ho sanatana dharma!!!!. And jai jai ho the anti sanatana dharma reformists' wagging tongue!!!!! !!!!! !!!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back