• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that the Isopanishad could be linked to some sort of exponential function...

So it could be that creation is an exponential evolution ( or multiplication) from a base... which could be, again, a function in itself...

So, taking out its entirety would mean division (and not subtraction)... by which we have any number divided by itself as equal to 1.

It could be the other way also... ie., creation is equated to division (nth root)... which can never be zero. Thus there is the original still intact, through all of its roots and when put together is whole again...

The above are just speculations. I am unsure how I could explain this; maybe I am wrong...

Then again, there could be a fourth dimension or a zero dimension which could be the "1"

SB!

SWETHAKETHU was asked by his father "Knowing which one Knows all?" Swetha kethu pride and ego vanished at once.
He further asks his father - Is there such Knowledge?
Father - Yes

Regards

Sorry malgova, I got you wrong...

Yeah, I have explained the power function theory by which 3=4 (my earlier post)...

But if you substitute it with a different base ie, any number different from 1 or 0, it would fail. When applying it to reality, it suggests a base duality - I think that it could well be matter and energy - which gives rise to other exponential forms.

The power factor, could be the form that we enjoy (probably permutations and combinations)... but when broken down, the base is common to all... and when these forms are realised as resultant products and not in isolation, the differences vanish.

Did it help?

SB

science dicovers a lot of facts - but 99% deals with inanimate enquiry or jada vichararam

the use is merely on periphery... so our rishis puposely avoided this kind of enquiries as this will distract from other vicharas.

just my 20%

Regards

above my head - anyway thanks

from your other post...

if there is no creation - but only manifestation of the subtle to coarse as energy can neither be created nor destroyed - did it help?

Regards

Precisely, I termed it creation and you see it as manifestation... I meant the same thing...

Energy can be transformed.... heat into light, mechanical into electrical and so on... this transformation coupled with matter could give rise to various forms based on the permutation-combination...

i remember in some other post, that you asked somethin like.. how things could come out of nothing?

so clubbing this post , a sort of answer given to that...

if it is tangent or completely wrong - just ignore it.

If X^m = X^n, m= n, subject to the condition, X must not be either Zero or 1.
The second part of the equation is omitted, in the illustration given.

Coming to Zero, it is a fascinating number or a concept.

0 x 0 = 0

0 + 0 = 0

0 - 0 = 0

But, 0 / 0 (zero divided by zero) is unknown, because the result
could be anything. That is the reason why 0 / 0 is called 'indeterminant'
by the mathematicians.

X can have values 0 and 1...the equation would still hold good... just that it makes math a bit complicated...
Coming to Zero, it is a fascinating number or a concept.

0 x 0 = 0

0 + 0 = 0

0 - 0 = 0

But, 0 / 0 (zero divided by zero) is unknown, because the result
could be anything. That is the reason why 0 / 0 is called 'indeterminant'
by the mathematicians.

0 could well represent conserved energy... which would satisfy all the equations...

Zero multiplied by zero or any other number, any number of times, can only be zero. Similarly, 1 multiplied by 1 or divided by 1 (1 to the power of Zero) any number of times, is only 1. Hence, 0 is not equal to 1.

Therefore, in the given example, 'X' can not assume the value of either 0 or 1.

Last edited:
Again, in this equation, the logic is derived from the result... and that is why I say that 0 and 1 can be substituted for x, as it satisfies the result.

The problem that occurs is when we try to equate the powers as in any other base. This conflicts our apparent reality and hence the fundamental premise excludes 0 and 1.

Shri Seshadri

I am truly sorry,if i have even inadvertently mentioned you.One of my bombastic one liner's that is all.Even Mahaswamigal,has exclaimed " Naa Enna Deivama " ? when people started to give titles like " Nadamadum Deivam ".Unngala naa sollalai.

:) sb :)

sb!

that's the whole subject of the 4th Purusharta - Moksha.

Regards

Thoughts....

Continuing on the topic of matter and energy:

Energy is contained within matter itself (just as Lakshmi in Narayana or Shakti in Shivam)... Eg. consider a compressed spring - when free, it springs up releasing a burst of energy. That energy comes from the mass itself - through its actions. So where there is matter there is energy.

But could matter randomly act and create energy? - maybe and maybe not. We know that bodies in inertia do not create a force; Force = mass x acceleration. For the acceleration we need an impetus - Mind/Consciousness/Awareness is the impetus.

Thus, there is Awareness, Matter and Energy (Trinity?) always in existence. This superset is the Brahman.

Gods/Demi-Gods could be a combination of Awareness and Energy.

So how did creation arise? By the conscious will through focus on matter. The intensity of focus generates the impetus to change the matter and thus find the required energy.

Why did creation spring into so many forms? I think that the impetus to create arose out of desire to know the "other"... so, by creating/manifesting through various forms, the main purpose is the experience arising out of perception.

Then, it is obvious that we also can create various forms by the force of thought alone. But our thoughts are wildly scattered (blinded by perceptive emotions and awareness) and hence the intensity (or force) of our thoughts are weak. So concentration is the key here.

So, if we meditate, it is obvious that as our intensity (of concentration) increases, we would gain control over certain elements (siddhis) and when the intensity has surpassed our known levels, it has the ability to become immortal. Normally, such gnyanis leave their physical body as they are capable of assuming any form at will... ie.,they have an astral body.

They retain their "I', and attain immortality, thus liberation from life and death cycle - this is moksha.

Beings with a higher level of consciousness/awareness/will can transcend this level easily. That is why humans (as far as our knowledge of beings go...) are considered the last stage before realization. Maybe the other creatures do have a level of awareness, maybe not.

There is no ignorance, no papam, no punyam - everything is according to the law of karma, what we sow, we reap. So we should always sow what we desire.

Know more, and experience fully, for that is the purpose of life. If one feels that he should gain immortality, then meditate, concentrate....

This is the truth. All other things are relative.

Here are some truths, about 'Truth'.

1. Truth remains truth forever - It does not change with persons, places
and time.

2. Truth does not require anyone's sanction.

3. Truth does not require proof. Even if it cannot be proved in a court of law
or before learned people, it remains as truth only. It does not lose out
its character and force.

4. Truth can be spoken by anyone. There is no need for a minimum
qualification or status to speak truth.

5. Truth shall not be mixed with untruth/lie, as otherwise both will lose their
credibility. A half-truth is more dangerous than a 100% lie.

6. Truth suppressed is justice killed. When one has a duty to speak out,
he shall not hesitate to tell the truth. Silence in such a situation will
harm the believers in truth, but not the truth itself.

7. Truth is priceless. It cannot be purchased for a value, nor its worth
evaluated in material terms.

8. Truth saves the deserving people, from whatever danger or evils.

9. Truth cannot be rewritten to suit one's requirements and compulsions.

10. Truth is the voice of the God, in that it wins His ready approval,
though it may not be outwardly visible to or felt by everybody.

I would like to share some views on the first point from quote above: 1. Truth remains truth forever - It does not change with persons, places
and time.

This what I write below...is only for discussion and analysis...I am currently in no position to debate the efficacy of the above point.

Time is abstract, but as a concept is physical. The end of time is said to be metaphysical or the start of spirituality. The speed of light is considered the fastest possible by any physical matter. Time being a component to calculate speed. When anything attains the speed of light, science says, it will cease to be bound by time. However, contradictingly we say light travels from the Sun to the Earth in about 8 minutes. The stars we see other than the Sun are multiple times farther away from the Earth than the Sun. Normally, we call them to be light years away from the Earth. Here, distance is being referred using speed of light and relating it to our calendar year of 365 1/4 days. One light year means, light takes 365 1/4 days to reach from the source to a point of reference. Most stars are hundreds of light years away from the Earth.

The funny thing that people normally may not have thought about is that: When we see a star today and if it is 100 light years away, then the ray of light from the star that we are seeing right now originated years before we were even born!!! Have you ever thought about this? So we can see the past. The beauty of looking at the night sky is that, we are looking at so many stars together, when the light ray from each originated at different points of time (5 years, 10 years, 100 years, even a million years).

So, we can actually look at the state of different objects/stars from different points of time all at once as though they are all happening or being that way just now. So we look at the past and think it is the present. We all know that stars have a life span, it may be just few minutes, few hours, few days, few years, few thousand years or few million years. If one of the stars we saw last night had a life span of 5 thousand years and if it is located about 10 thousand light years away from the earth, then the star we saw yesterday, did not even exist yesterday.

The fun part is: We normally call a person lunatic if a person says they can see things that dont exist. But, when all of us see something that does not exist like the star, we dont call ourselves lunatic. In other words, it would be our "bad time" if we ever saw something like that and others cant see it.

Last edited:
Lunatic itself is dereived from Luna ie Moon. :)

In Rig Veda,there is a sloka which says,the Sun does not rise nor does it set,sort of cryptic for me.But when analysed in scientific way,using Astronomy,the rishis are as usual on the dot.

If one reads the Bhagavath Gita again and again,many doubts cleared for me.But being a regular dude,i usually get distracted,and busy trying to earn and be a provider for my family.A family man. :)

:) sb :)

There is a derivation:

If x^n = x^m, then n=m. This would hold good if you substitute x for any number.

Eg. if 2^n = 2^m, then obviously n must be equal to m. This can easily be proved.

So, by extending this logic, if 1^3 = 1^4, then 3=4!!! this could be extended to prove any number is equal to any other number. So, here zero is equal to infinity (1^0 = 1^inf = 1)

I have read this somewhere during my school days... but just cant believe it... there must be some hitch somewhere...

Any mathematician who could explain this?

the law has been misquoted and it is a beautiful illustration of the only truth ... that is advaita ,

the law only applies to numbers above 1 ...

the ekam / sat/ truth
is not governed by laws that govern the multitude / the perceived dwaita prapanjam/maya ...

that is why when we try to define one/the the truth/the sat thru the same lines we try to define the other numbers/the multitude/the perceived dwaita we never succeed ....,

the reason is that we can explain every other number as an evolution of 1 , but how do u explain the evolution to 1 ....? definitely not zero .. since zero cannot evolve into a 1 .........

Last edited:
That is why I have pointed out the characteristics of 0 and 1 in a different manner in an earlier post in this thread...

0 represents conserved energy within matter; matter is the source of energy and hence 0 is contained in 1... consciousness is separate... So there has always been consciousness, matter (1) and contained with it conserved energy (0)...

I am not propounding dwaitha or adhvaitha here... just a line of thought

We can only define things through our perception - for what is beyond our perception, we cannot imagine... but labelling that unimaginable perception to be the truth seems a bit far-fetched...

That is why I have pointed out the characteristics of 0 and 1 in a different manner in an earlier post in this thread...

0 represents conserved energy within matter; matter is the source of energy and hence 0 is contained in 1... consciousness is separate... So there has always been consciousness, matter (1) and contained with it conserved energy (0)...

I am not propounding dwaitha or adhvaitha here... just a line of thought

We can only define things through our perception - for what is beyond our perception, we cannot imagine... but labelling that unimaginable perception to be the truth seems a bit far-fetched...

how can zero be taken to represent any energy , conserved or otherwise? zero is explicit absence of anything , how can it be referred to energy , when there is nothing in the presence of zero?

Why not? There is no nothingness... 0 is just a state between two entities... and entities are but manifestations of energy... so that state of unmanifested energy could be 0...

>>so that state of unmanifested energy could be 0<<

Zero is a force Multiplier

1 10 100 1000 10000.....

sb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back