• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Think or sink!

International Men's Day - Nov 19 focuses on raising awareness for discrimination & male health. But for us, It's the time to recollect their contributions, sacrifices, support and progress. Such Push instills that of MEN nurturing their women to make power in Society. So the topic is ' Behind every successful woman there is a man.' Who/How has influenced you most in life?
Give a detailed account

Behind every successful women there are many men... not just one.
I was molded into what I have become now by my .......

1. Paternal grand father who taught me music, mathematics and grammar ...
the three things which are closely related to one anther directly and to almost everything else in this world indirectly.

2. My father who encouraged us - all his daughters - by bringing out the best in each of us and developing them and also for imbibing in us a sense of humor which has helped us to face the world with a smile / smirk as the occasion demanded.

3. My husband who encouraged me in a very different way from the others.

4. My two sons who are the real pillars of my strength and stamina.

So one man does not make a woman successful - just as one tree does not make a garden! Many men contribute to the success of a woman just many trees make a wonderful garden!

If only we can read those tell tale symptoms!!!!

The blood shot eyes, the white coated tongue, the pale color of the face, the nails with added facets, the dark purple toe nails, the angry reddish looking legs, the hardened fleshy portions all tell us tales of serious diseases...if only we notice them, identify them with the help of a service minded doctor...not one on the look out for gullible victims for swindling/ fleecing, many diseases and discomforts can be treated long before they become serious conditions!

That mami looked ageless - meaning one whose age we can't guess correctly.
She had jet black hair though her eyes had formed the grey colored Newton's Rings.
She walked without a stick and stood straight without bending her back.
But I was shocked to find her toes are deflected from their normal positions forming almost a right anlge with her toes.
The back side of the palms and the toes in the legs give off the age of the person n addition to the folds of skin in the neck extending from the jaw to the neck!

While the symptoms seen on the body warn us about the hidden health hazards, the words spoken spontaneously and often unnecessarily warn us about the diseases in the minds of the speaker.

They always fall in the six categories very well known to everyone.... Kamam, KrOdham, LObham, MOham, Matham, MArcharyam!

If only we have medicines which are are as freely available for these conditions as for the physical conditions... life can become so much more pleasant and worth living!

There is one Universal doctor and one infalliable medicine for treating these conditions but no one wants to go to that doctor nor use those medicines! :(

The Aadhaar card which is going to become the Aadhaar of one's life and even death does not have an Aadhaar for itself.

Efforts for Authentication keep failing as many times as it is being tried.

People are told that they DO NOT HAVE any finger prints. It beats to think that such a condition is possible for the majority of the humanity!

The image of my iris were taken separately (how and why) and I am reminded of the swiveling eyes of he chameleons when I see the images of mine own!

As for the photo, it will be a miracle if anyone can be recognized from the photo while he/ she is alive of even in the after life!

What a wonderful Aadhaar for everything else - without an Aadhaar for itself!!!

Last edited:
I seriously have no idea why the cats of the neighbors all come to my house when they are sick and then die in my house!

This is the 3rd cat to die in my house.

Wonder why they do not want to die in the house of their owners?

I did not know one cat was dead at the porch of my house...i thought it was sleeping there for 3 days..then today there were too many crows making noise..only then I realized the cat was dead and the crows were rejoicing!

Surprisingly the rate of decomposing was very slow..may be becos it has been raining..so smell was just mild....wore my gloves and put it into a plastic bag and threw it away.

My house is becoming a grave yard for cats..they just want to die here!

Dear Renu,

My dad's house is one like yours!

Yes. Many birds, cats and rats came and died in the terrace / garden.

Dad used to say that we should give them a decent burial. :rip:

If we dig that garden, we can find many skeletons! :D

In my Vizag house, I have given a decent burial to a cat, which was lying dead in our garage; year 1979!

In Sing. Chennai house, two squirrels had died in the upstairs room and we did not know. When some mild odour

came in the air, we found them lying parallel to each other, like Sheela and Prem Nazir in the movie Chemmeen!

We were using the first floor only for family functions and all doors and windows remained closed. Once in a fortnight,

our maid used to clean the rooms. I still wonder how the squirrels could enter that room! :confused:

Men and women go to VaaraNaasi (Kasi) to give up their ghosts.
Probably these animals and birds believe that those homes
are as sacred to them as Kasi is to human beings. :thumb:

The week long tour full of suspense and fear (about my ability to go on with them)
turned out to be more pleasant, more fum and more get-together event than expected.

As they say "All is well that ends well!"

Now to the scary treatment proposed for the swollen ankles and feet.
I do hope it will also turn out to be "All is well that ends well!"

It is surprising to note that people who live with us or know us over several decades
assert that they do not believe us and suspect us and our words / thoughts / deeds.

Total strangers detect the goodness in us and try to bond...even if we may never ever meet again!

One toothless Telugu maa-ammagaaru seated on a wheel chair and feeling chill of a cold morning in Hyderabad blessed me "Akanda sowbhagyavathiga Undu!" placing her right palm on my head
when I told her to wear woolen socks and a scarf in addition to her shawl to keep warm.

Obviously she was touched by the concern shown by a total stranger like me in a strange place -where people REFUSE even to make eye contacts with anyone else!

Now all eyes are ON the smart phone, everywhere all the time for all possible reasons except talking.

Last edited:
images

images

A good news to those who love onions and do not mind shedding copious tears everyday while cutting them.

Cut/slice/chop onions and other vegetables using this manual chopper which can be used in any country.

We Indians do not value the time/ energy/ money of the others.
We do not feel bad when we make people wait unnecessarily.
We do not feel bad when we make people spend unnecessarily.
We do not feel bad when we make people waste their energy unnecessarily.
Getting the Aadhaar card in order itself is a feat.
It will be a greater feat to include the D.O.B at a later date...
going through all the original steps and competing with
those who do NOT have an Aadhaar card made yet.
The queue was long; the persons in the Q were impatient and suspicious of one another;
the person in charge would turn up after 11 A.M.and this was not made known to the public.
The final straw was that they can manage 15 persons per day at the most and 50 were in the Q!
When confronted with all these points their cool reply was
"You have one year's time to do this! WHY THE HURRY?"
Do we ALL have to go to the Aadhar kendra everyday of the next year and try our luck? :moony:

The concept of viewing the cup as 'hall full' or 'half empty' pales in comparison with this concept.

The lucky-old-devils should look at how much healthier they are when compared to their unlucky

counterparts and not worry about the meager 5% of good health they are missing!

IF ONLY they have striven for the 100% in everything else they have done...!!!

Bloodless Coup is an old concept.

The latest attraction is 'bloodless surgery' aka 'key hole surgery.'

I bet the key hole will still bleed since we can't puncture the skin and hope to see no blood!

I met a family in which all the members have come closer together after suffering loss of parts of their body.

The two co-sisters have been diagnosed the now-vastly-seen breast cancer. One o them had part of her breast removed and the other has her entire breast removed.

The bachelor brother-in-law of these two co-sisters had all his toes removed since he neglected his severe diabetes. He used to be an introvert and a misogynist. Now he has come out of his shell and seems to be much happier and easy to get along with. He is in talking terms with the females in the family

The secret must be that they all have learned to look at all parts they still have in tact in their body and not at what they have lost due to unfortunate circumstances.

After a certain age and a stage in life, everyday must be looked upon as a bonus given by God! :hail:

It is ALWAYS better to give cash gifts to the loved ones.

People can buy whatever they want and whenever they want.

We need not impose our choice of colors/ materials / items on anyone.

Small wonder gifts are being recycled UNTIL they reach the person

who knows their real value and also likes to possess them!

Never miss the taxi drivers. They can get you in a real mess!

The taxi driver who turned up late for taking us to a doctor's appointment

turned into a human monster and drove like one fully possessed.

We only wanted to reach the hospital...not the emergency ward!

Apparently he had had a rough day all along.

I bet he himself is the cause of his horrible day!

I was stunned to note that most people overeat-
regardless of their weight and other health conditions.

When it becomes too difficult to walk due to the mass acquired by overeating,
they spend in thousands in Ayurveda treatment - instead of cutting down the intake!

I met a lady from Kerala charging Rs 1000/- per massage done at home
in a series of massages extending for 40 days!!!

I also heard of a cook mami who travels by a car costing 10 lakhs for her duty.
Another mami wears chudhidhars bought from the costliest boutique in the cosmopolitan city.

Moral:

If women are ready to do the work we do for free at home in another house
we will get money, respect besides being able to afford the finest clothes and car! :moony:

Call Taxis are a blessing when we become old.
The drivers are well behaved and helpful.
They do not expect or want to be tipped!
The travel has the luxury of an A.C car.
So we own a car without really owning it
or having to maintain it or employ a driver! :)

Some call taxis in Sing. Chennai are a bit different! Drivers lament about their boss all the way and ask for additional amount!

Recent travel to the central station, by my siblings, was horrible in a 'dabba vaNdi', which was only huge in size, though we

had requested for an Indica. The taxi owner agreed to take only the charge for Indica. The amount to be paid was sent by
SMS to my mobile, which was Rs. 268 but the driver collected Rs 300 from my siblings. :popcorn:

Some call taxis in Sing. Chennai are a bit different! Drivers lament about their boss all the way and ask for additional amount!

Recent travel to the central station, by my siblings, was horrible in a 'dabba vaNdi', which was only huge in size, though we

had requested for an Indica. The taxi owner agreed to take only the charge for Indica. The amount to be paid was sent by
SMS to my mobile, which was Rs. 268 but the driver collected Rs 300 from my siblings. :popcorn:

Thank God he did not collect the actual fare of the big dabbaa vaNdi
which may be 150% or more of the small Indica car!
The Law of Demand and Supply as well as the Law of Need and Greed!

Latest ads

Back