• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Think or sink!

When I had two dangerous falls on consecutive days... I did not postpone or alter my travel plan to my home.

Too much of money was at stake and the very thought did not occur to me!

So I went home with the nagging pain in muscled and joints I never knew existed in my body - to be greeted by the colony of cockroaches and umpteen other big and small problems.

A doctor was to leave for an International Conference in An European country.

She slipped and fell on the steps but suffered no fractures or other other associated problems.

Yet she cancelled her coveted and costly trip abroad immediately!

When someone else is paying for our travel it is so easy to cancel it - even if it an interesting international tour.

Do we understand why Economics is called as PoruLAtharam...The Aadharam is PoruL or the money involved - around which the entire world revolved !!!

Singing needs a lot of energy and concentration.
Surprisingly singing also creates a lot of positive energy.

It is so energizing to sing with gay abandon worrying about nothing and no one- as if you are the only person in the whole world!

For me singing is also an emotional gasket release system - as was rightly pointed out by my mother. I smile/ laugh and even cry while singing.

Certain rAgAs and songs make my cry every time in sing them - no matter how many times i have already sung them earlier.

HamsAnandhi and BhagEsree make me cry inevitably. I love them far too much to stop singing them!

That is precisely why I like to sing Tamil songs which we can understand and project the mood of the raga and the song iteself.

https://youtu.be/PX-dqYm-pA8?t=12

https://youtu.be/V5dPtkcGlj8

Attachments area

Preview YouTube video Srinivasa Tiru Venkata | Bombay Jayashri (Album: Tribute to M S Subbulakshmi )

Srinivasa Tiru Venkata | Bombay Jayashri (Album: Tribute to M S Subbulakshmi )

Preview YouTube video Kanden Seethaiyai - Bombay S. Jayashri.

Kanden Seethaiyai - Bombay S. Jayashri.

I met the other elderly lady (paisa agalap pottu lady) who got widowed very recently.

We are supposed to tie a 'Turmeric kizhangu' in the 'munthAnai mudichchu' before meeting such persons.

She had come out of the shock of the loss since the old man had been in and out of hospitals several times during the past two months.

She was more concerned whether people would object to seeing her - if she comes out of her house.

She has not anything wrong to feel excommunicated. I told her the sooner she goes back to her normal life ....the better for everyone.

I offered her some nice Tamil books to read - but she admitted she lacks the concentration required to read.

I have invited to my singing session in the evenings - if it would make her feel better and less lonely.

Let us wait and see whether she accepts that invitation or not!

My good old neighbors of the past used to sit near their windows waiting to hear my singing and my veenNa.

The new comers have no such abhimaanam for anyone or anything and walk around as if they own the whole colony!

Songs on Gods form the foundation of the Bhakthi mArggam leading to God.

It is stunning to note that the Saint ThyagarAja who refused the honors conferred by the King saying

"Nidhi chAla sukhama RAmuni san
nidhi sEva sukamA nijamuga balku manasa?"

also sang "ThelilalEru rAma bhakthi mArggamunu"

If he does not know the bhakthi mArggam then who does really know that?

https://youtu.be/YHc7G5eB8Js

https://youtu.be/oHQD4w_F2ts

Attachments area

Preview YouTube video Nidhi Chaala

Nidhi Chaala

Preview YouTube video THELIYALERU RAMA -తెలియ లేరు రామ భక్తి మార్గమును-Dhenuka-TYAGARAJA- BY MALLADI BROTHERS

THELIYALERU RAMA -తెలియ లేరు రామ భక్తి మార్గమును-Dhenuka-TYAGARAJA- BY MALLADI BROTHERS

I am glad the therapeutic value of music has been recognized and accepted by the world of medicines. It is encouraging to see the emergence of Music Therapy as a form of effective treatment of several health issues like
Knee Pain
Arthritis
Acidity Control
Asthma
Stress
Low Blood Pressure
Diabetes
High Blood Pressure
Insomnia
Obesity
Find more here......

28624-wide.jpg

https://www.urbanpro.com/chennai/music-therapy-raaga-chikitsa-for-human-wellness-at-your-home/4273341

My dear brother who is heading for an International Conference in Music Therapy in Austria and my dear S. I. Law are seen here in this photo.

MOU-SBV-IMC-Krems-300x199.jpg

Here is one more. Oh boy! Am happy to be one of his sisters!!!

MOU-between-SBV-%E2%80%93-IMC-University-of-Applied-Sciences-Krems-Austria-300x200.jpg

Dear Sis,

avar thaanga ivar! Photos are taken at different times!

Check the suits worn by our dear bro!! :spy:

I know that our brother is wearing different suits.
I could have sworn that 'the lady in red' is our dear S.I.L!
By "they must be a pair of ladies " I meant
our original S.I.L and her doppelganger! :wacko:

MAthru dhEvO bhava =
Become a person who worship his / her mother! :hail:

அன்னையே! என் அன்னையே!

வெள்ளை நிறம், கொள்ளை அழகு!
கள்ளம் இல்லா வெள்ளை உள்ளம்!

எள்ளுப்பூ நாசி, கண்களும் மீனாக்ஷி;
கொள்ளைச் சிரிப்பு, கொஞ்சம் முன்கோபம்!

கண் கண்டதை கைகள் செய்யும்,
மண்ணில் தெரியாத கலை இல்லை.

உள்ளத்தில் உள்ளதை உதடுகள் பேசும்;
கள்ளத்தனமாகப் பேசத் தெரியாது!

நக்கீரரின் மறு பிறவியே தான்!
குற்றம் என்றால் அது குற்றமே!

"அற்புதப் பெண் தான்" என்று அறியாது,
அளவு கோலாகத் தன்னையே ஆக்கி;

மற்றவர்களைப் பார்ப்பதே அவர்
சின்னச் சின்னக் கோப காரணம்!

"முடியாது!" "தெரியாது!" என்ற சொற்கள்
பிடிக்கவே பிடிக்காது அவருக்கு!

சுறு சுறுப்பில் தேனீ! எறும்பு!
சிரிப்பும், உருவமும் கரும்பு!

வளர்ந்திடும் தள்ளாத வயதிலும்,
விளைந்திடும் அதிசய அழகை நான்

இருவரிடம் மட்டுமே கண்டு வியந்தேன்!
ஒருவர் M.S. அம்மா, ஒருவர் S.M. அம்மா .

(என் அன்னையின் பெயர் S. Meenal)

அம்மாவின் அழகை நாங்கள்
எல்லோருமே கோட்டை விட்டோம்.

அப்பாவின் அச்சுப் பிரதியாகத்
தப்பாமல் பிறந்து விட்டதால்!

அம்மாவின் குண நலன்களை
அம்சங்களாப் பெற்றுள்ளோம்.

ஒரு முறை பார்த்தவர் கூட
ஒரு நாளும் மறக்க மாட்டார்!

தேவ பாஷையில் பேசவேண்டி
தீவிர முயற்சி செய்கின்றார்!

என் அன்னையைப் படைத்து,
எனக்கு அன்னையாகப் படைத்த,

ஜகதன்னையின் திரு நாமத்தை
ஜபித்துக் கொண்டே இருப்பேன்! :pray: :hail:

If you can't ..................
Convince at least Confuse
Clarify at least KiLarufy!
Argue at least Assault!
Impress at least Ignore
Express at least Explode!
Gide at least baffle!

Asparagus inspires gentle thoughts.:couch2:
Charles Lamb.

Some people have food but no appetite; :popcorn:

others have appetite but no food; :hungry:

I have both. The lord be praised. :hail:

Oliver Cromwell.

Are you looking for a portal to get an easy entry into the RAma bhakthi sAm rAjyam? Here is the portal and the golden passport to take you there.

Just close your eyes and listen to this to get lost from this mundane mortal world!

6:22

[COLOR=var(--yt-endpoint_-_color)][h=3]Pibare Rama Rasam - Rahul Vellal[/h]

Kuldeep M Pai
[COLOR=var(--yt-metadata-color)]•[/COLOR]

[COLOR=var(--ytd-metadata-line-color, var(--yt-metadata-color))]178K views1 week ago[/COLOR]

Vande Guru Paramparaam - A spiritual Musical Series. Music Produced, Recorded, Mixed, Mastered, Video Edited, Transliterated ...
[/COLOR]

Last edited:
Better be on guard!!!

Guard your thoughts, when you are alone...
since they tend run amok otherwise.

Guard your temper, while you are at home...
since we tend to hurt most those who love us most.

Guard your tongue, when you are with others...
sine your tongue makes enemies / friends out of others.

Guard your pen, when you write your mails...
since what is black and white can never be denied.

A Cynic:
A man who knows
the price of everything
and the value of nothing.

There are two great tragedies in life...
one is not to get your heart' s desire,
the other one is getting it fulfilled.

I slept and dreamt that life was a beauty;
I woke up and found that life was a duty.

My Radel electronic tampoora has developed a minor problem.

The knob used to set the aadhara sruthi has got stuck up at my pitch
- since I never had to vary it.

So now it can give out only my sruthi and nothing else.
The knob rotates but the pitch remains constant.

I wanted to get it fixed but guess what happened!!!
The local musical repair shop owner will not 'touch the instrument'
unless the model is 'touch screen type' of instrument!

So what do we have to do with the knob-screw-type instruments???

Screw our own ears for having used them for so long
- after the newer fancy models have emerged???

But I am happy to note that people never ever toss the oldies - for being old models or old fashioned! Thank God for the small mercies!!

Very interesting interview by this years Nobel Prize in Economics
Economics Nobel winner Thaler shed light on how real people behave
[video=youtube;cYNN2GNdn3o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYNN2GNdn3o[/video]

International Men's Day - Nov 19 focuses on raising awareness for discrimination & male health. But for us, It's the time to recollect their contributions, sacrifices, support and progress. Such Push instills that of MEN nurturing their women to make power in Society. So the topic is ' Behind every successful woman there is a man.' Who/How has influenced you most in life?
Give a detailed account

November 16th to November 19th were devoted to my spiritual recharging by attending The MahA Rudhram arranged by my cousins sister and her husband.

November 20th to 25th were devoted to my physical recharging with gadgets using electricity and magnetism.

There is a week long trip from 28th November to 5th December. That will be followed by a week/fortnight long treatment and resting period for my advanced ankle/knee/ leg problem.

May be I can resume posting from 21st December. However you are welcome to use this link to read more
http://visalakshiramani.weebly.com/

Latest ads

Back