• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Think or sink!

Staying in a house with dogs??!! NO WAY!! :fear:

I would have chosen to shell out some money and stayed in a nearby hotel.

If by chance my relatives with dogs force me to stay with them, I would ask them, 'nAyA? nAnA??' :D

I am NOT used to try such dramatics in real life. :drama:

1. They others may choose the 'Nai' over 'naan'! :decision:

2. I may have to go find a room in a hotel by myself in the middle of the night.:fear:

3. I am used to being left alone to fend for myself
(" She can take care of herself") :bolt:
but this will be far too much even for me!

I am NOT used to try such dramatics in real life. :drama:

1. They others may choose the 'Nai' over 'naan'! :decision:

2. I may have to go find a room in a hotel by myself in the middle of the night.:fear:

3. I am used to being left alone to fend for myself
(" She can take care of herself") :bolt:
but this will be far too much even for me!

Namaskaram Ammani,

Dogs are most affectionate and faithful creation in nature. Personally I am not much happy to have a pet in the house. However my grand daughters found a few days old pup left in the corner of our compound suffering in cold and wanted to take care of the same. My son is an animal lover. He took the pup to a veternerian and got it vaccinated and took his guidance.
Now the lovable orphan is five year old. Very affectionate with every one in the family.

As the time went on, I found the pup growing into a most faithful living being. It is a street dog, we feed "roties" and dog food only to it. I found the dog highly disciplined. Slowly by watching its love, my opinion changed. Now the innocent creature has become part of the family.

As I grew old I understood the meaning of compassion which Dalai Lama expresses to develop. Every living thing is the part of creation and it fits in the jigsaw puzzle called life.
Regards,
Brahmanyan
Bangalore.

Namaskaram Ammani,

Dogs are most affectionate and faithful creation in nature. Personally I am not much happy to have a pet in the house. However my grand daughters found a few days old pup left in the corner of our compound suffering in cold and wanted to take care of the same. My son is an animal lover. He took the pup to a veternerian and got it vaccinated and took his guidance.
Now the lovable orphan is five year old. Very affectionate with every one in the family.

As the time went on, I found the pup growing into a most faithful living being. It is a street dog, we feed "roties" and dog food only to it. I found the dog highly disciplined. Slowly by watching its love, my opinion changed. Now the innocent creature has become part of the family.

As I grew old I understood the meaning of compassion which Dalai Lama expresses to develop. Every living thing is the part of creation and it fits in the jigsaw puzzle called life.
Regards,
Brahmanyan
Bangalore.

Dear Sir...

When I was young I had dogs and I feel totally honoured to have been friends with Canines.

Its the best love ever..till today I rate a dogs love the greatest love of all.

I would rate it higher than even mother's love becos a mother is genetically wired and related to love her progeny for continuation of species and degree of attachment for mum and child is high becos a child emerges from her body BUT a dog has no personal reason to be faithful and loving to a human yet they show us so much love unconditionally.

I am always thankful I experienced exposure to canines..I might not have felt Love of God but I have felt Love of Dog.

Dear Sir...

When I was young I had dogs and I feel totally honoured to have been friends with Canines.

Its the best love ever..till today I rate a dogs love the greatest love of all.

I would rate it higher than even mother's love becos a mother is genetically wired and related to love her progeny for continuation of species and degree of attachment for mum and child is high becos a child emerges from her body BUT a dog has no personal reason to be faithful and loving to a human yet they show us so much love unconditionally.

I am always thankful I experienced exposure to canines..I might not have felt Love of God but I have felt Love of Dog.

Yes Doctor, Dogs exhibit extraordinary love towards their masters. I am told that the dog believes it is a part of the family in which it lives. And it respects one person in the family as the "master of the family". In our house our dog respects me as the head of the family and shows extraordinary respect and affection to me. When I sit on the steps of the entrance to our house, our dog will come and sit by my side, like a child, even though I do not pet the dog like my grand children.

Another important behavior I noticed was its sense of smell. It keeps quiet after smelling some people and becomes very restless and barks at a few others !
Perhaps dog the "psychologist" can explain this behavior.

Brahmanyan
Bangalore.

I never said anything against dogs!
I know every living thing/ being has its own slot allotted by God.

I also believe that I have a personal choice as to whether or not
I wish to associate with a dog very closely and at a personal level.

I found the constant itching making thumping sound a bit odd
even though no one else including the owner seemed to notice it.

All said and done an animal is an animal and will remain an animal.

25 dangerous dog breeds most likely to turn on their owners - Dog ...

www.dognotebook.com › Interesting dog facts

Pit bulls have been known to attack children, the elderly, their owners – anyone that happens to be intheir path. If the dog feels provoked or startled, it has been known to bite. Many owners swear thattheir pet would never attack them; however, this breed has led to more human fatalities than any other. The sheer volume of ...

Not a very friendly or welcoming sight!!! Right???

dog-bite.jpg

images

கைலாகு

நண்பிகள் அழைத்து வருவார்கள் மணமகளை;
நண்பர்கள் அழைத்து வருவார்கள் மணமகனை.

நண்பர்கள் உதவி எதற்கு என அறிந்து கொண்டேன் இன்று!
கண்கள் அம்புகள் போல தைக்கும் போது தேவை கைலாகு!

மண் பார்த்து நடந்து வந்தாலும் பின்னும் அவர்கள் இரு கால்கள்;
கண் பார்த்துவிட்டாலோ அதன் பின்னர் நகராது அவர்கள் கால்கள்!

கடைப் பையன்கள் அத்தனை பேர்களும் செல்ஃபீக்கு போஸ் போ
தடையாக கடைவாசலை மறைத்தபோது உதயம் ஆனது இந்த அறிவு!

One member of my extended family - herself a music teacher- is learning from a greater teacher.
She spends 2 x 375 Rs for the Ola Taxi to go to the teacher's house and pays her teacher 500 Rs per session!

I wondered aloud why she can't switch over to Skype classes and save the money spent on taxi. Then I learned from a another Skype teacher the fees for one Skype session is a thumping 1000 Rs/-

It is true that everybody makes a living by selling something but only some are good sales persons!!!
Enter greed and money mindedness.... exit the sanctity and spirituality amalgamated with music!

Brahmin ladies are suddenly getting attached to the traditional madisaar sari
but worn in nontraditional manner.

I met a girl last month, who had selected a sari for 1000 Rs and spent 1000 Rs to get it stitched into a ready made madisaar ordering online. She was still exposing the skin colored pajama she had worn underneath the sari.

Another girl had blown 4000 Rs for a similar sari.
The cause of the explosive price tag???

The first girl lives in a small town in Kerala and the second one in a metropolitan city.
I am still not convinced that the madi-sari-madisaar can be maduchified easily!!!

I taught Ram's cousin's better-half, to stitch madisAr saree with a six yards saree + an under skirt. She told me that

already she has stitched eight sarees - one each for her cousin sisters!! Don't know what she got as return gift! ;)

Dear Renu and Brahmanyan Sir,

Dog lovers treat their pets equal to their children, if not more than equal!

But, a chill runs down my spine, whenever I see any dog - small or big.

So, a BIG :nono: to stay in a house, where dog / dogs live!!

I taught Ram's cousin's better-half, to stitch madisAr saree with a six yards saree + an under skirt. She told me that

already she has stitched eight sarees - one each for her cousin sisters!! Don't know what she got as return gift! ;)

Feed a man for a day and his hunger is satisfied for one day. :hungry:
Teach him to fish and he will never go hungry as long as he lives! :fish2:

I have read about people who keep alligators/ crocodiles/ pythons/tigers/ lions as pet! :croc:

It is anybody's guess when and whether he who pets will be inside or outside the one petted! :fear:

I learn the names of the people I have to associate with and try to remember them.
It started as a memory technique for my aging brain!

People become so happy and so helpful when you call them by their correct names.
For everyone the sweetest word is his /her own name!

Name = naam= naamam.

'namah' is 'bending' and being called by the name makes the person bend towards you favorably disposed. Why else do we have so many sahasra naamas???

The name 'Pravitha' is elusive. So I relate is with Kavitha and remember the name.
If PoorNima looks like a New moon surely we can't forget her name!

I always find that the names either define or defy the person! :decision:

The airlines have become more friendly with people who need special assistance.

Gone are the days when all the wheel chairs were given to the foreign tourists and the young dames of India flashing lot of jewelry - for very obvious reason called tipping.

I was asked why I needed a wheel chair and whether I can climb 15 odd steps.
I explained my condition said I can't climb 15 odd steps!!

I was literally lifted up in my wheel chair right to the door of the plane. I just stepped right into the plane from the platform of the lift.

It was as thrilling as it was scary - with the wild wind howling through my ears and the rumbling of the platform as it rose from ground to the level of the plane above.

I dared to get out of the wheelchair only after safety latches were fixed to the two open sides of the platform.

The other airline had a ramp folded into three parts. Everybody walked up the ramp and the wheel chairs were pushed by two men - one in the front and the other in the back of the chair.

I was sacred out of my wits with the unpleasant memory of the near fatal fall I had in the railway station. It is true we entrust our life and safety to people WHO we hardly now and might never again meet as long as we live.

Train journeys are always interesting - more so if get a companion with the same wavelength.

So this lady who was in the train came to me and asked me whether I was in Frankfurt on 7th October. I said I was and she too was there on the same day and in the same flight to Chennai.

I do not remember seeing her but she did! I was wearing the same black and white dress ( my travel clothes since they look more formal and less flashy )

It is her story that fascinated me more than her stunning memory.

She had been traveling in II A.C. and had fallen asleep. An old man appeared in her dream and said,"While you are sleeping peacefully, your property is being stolen!"

She woke with a start and was startled to find the young man occupying the opposite berth ( who was dressed in tip top clothes) was unscrewing her diamond studs!

She had got up in time to save her jewel but was scared to call out for help. What if the young man brandished a dagger or a pistol. She sat up and read a book till she reached her destination safely.

There is something/ someone who remains alert inside each of us - even in our deepest sleep.

We can hear our name being called out ever so softly - in a crowded place in a multilingual jargon.

We can feel someone staring at us from anywhere - even in a big crowd!

Once I had a dream of a wild tiger pacing near my bed restlessly.

I was on a train occupying the lower berth at the side.

I woke up to find the man from the upper berth pacing restlessly.

May be he needed to sit . But are we not allowed to use the berth till 6 A.M???

If he has insomnia, it is his problem - not mine!

All the same I got up soon enough since I did not wish to go back to sleep

merely to continue to dream about an angry and restless pacing tiger.

My husband had cataract removed from his right eye yesterday. The operation on the left eye is due on this Saturday.

The hourly drops, the 3 hourly drops of 3 different medicines with a 10 minutes gap in between,
the 12 hourly drops, the ointment, the eye protection at night etc kept me buy throughout the day.

He made an observation" unnOde operation aanapothu namma intha maathiri marunthu podalaiyE!"

True! I had administered all the drops myself. Small wonder he never knew about them nor bothered to know about them.

I am reminded of a real life incident. A little girl told her friends in school. "My grand mother puts the eye drops for my grand father. But nobody puts the eye drops for her. She puts them herself"

Moral:

Veettukku veedu vaasarpadi! (Tamil adage)

Inti Inti RAmAyaNam!( Telugu adage)

Women are always smarter than men!! ;)

All women - except those who appear to cling on to their doting husband like a fragile creeper -

even though the apparently fragile creeper may actually be stronger than a steel cable! :drama:

Multi tasking is a must for women to survive in the world since

she actually needs ten heads and twenty hands like RAvaN!

Survival of the fittest and adaptation at its best!!! :thumb:

பெண் எனும் பாலம்

இரு நதிக் கரைகளை மிக அழகுற
இணைப்பதே நாம் காணும் பாலம்;
இல்லத்தில் உள்ளவர்களை எல்லாம்
இணைப்பவளே பெண் எனும் பாலம்.

தந்தை என்றால் பயம், மரியாதை;
தாய் என்றால் பாசம், உரிமைகள்;
தாயிடம் ஒருமுறை சொன்னாலேயே,
சேய் விரும்புவது உடனே கிடைக்கும்.

தந்தை குழந்தைகளுக்கு இடையே,
தாத்தா பேரப் பிள்ளைகளுக்கிடையே,
ஆசிரியர் மாணவர்களுக்கு இடையே
ஆவாள் பெண்ணே உறுதியான பாலம்.

பத்து ஆண்கள் செய்யும் வேலைகளை
பதறாமல் செய்து முடிப்பாள் ஒரு பெண்.
பத்து ஆண்கள் ஒன்றாய் முயன்றாலும்
முத்துப் போலப் பணி செய்ய இயலார்!

பெண் இருக்கும் வீடே நல்ல வீடு.
பெண் இல்லாத வீடு வெறும் காடு!
இளையவள் வீட்டை விட்டு விலகி,
மூத்தவள் வந்து குடி புகுந்திடுவாள்!

பாலத்தை நன்கு பராமரித்தாலேயே
பாலம் பயன்படும் போக்குவரவுக்கு.
பெண்மைப் போற்றிப் பேணுவோம்,
பெண் என்னும் பாலம் பயன் தரவே.

வாழ்க வளமுடன்,
விசாலாக்ஷி ரமணி.

WOMAN…A BRIDGE!

A bridge connects the two banks of a river. A woman is the bridge connecting the different members of a family.
Children respect their father but love their mother.

They maintain a respectable distance with their father but take all kinds of liberties with their mother. A child has to just ask once for anything it needs and the mother will make it available for the child.

A woman is the connecting bridge between the father and the children. A woman is the bridge between the grandparents and their grandchildren. She is the bridge between the teachers and the students.

A woman can do the chores which ten men find difficult to perform. Ten men working together cannot do things as beautifully and artistically as a woman does.

A home without a woman (in the form of a mother, a sister, a wife or a child) is a hell. Lakshmi will desert such a house and Alakshmi will settle down there permanently.

To get the best service of a bridge, we must maintain it well. Let us cherish womanhood and maintain the bridge called woman well so that it serves us well.

https://visalramani.wordpress.com/about/உலகமும்-நாமும்/98-பெண்-என்னும்-பாலம்/

[FONT=Tscu_SaiIndira]திரு அருணகிரிநாதர் அருளிய கந்தர் அநுபூதி [/FONT] - 26[FONT=Tscu_SaiIndira] ஆதாரம் இலேன்[/FONT][FONT=Tscu_SaiIndira]

பாடல் 26 ... [/FONT]
ஆதாரம் இலேன்

[FONT=Tscu_SaiIndira](திரு அருள் பெற)[/FONT]

[FONT=Tscu_SaiIndira]ஆதாரம் இலேன், அருளைப் பெறவே[/FONT]
[FONT=Tscu_SaiIndira]நீதான் ஒரு சற்றும் நினைந்திலையே[/FONT]
[FONT=Tscu_SaiIndira]வேதாகம ஞான விநோத, மன[/FONT]
[FONT=Tscu_SaiIndira]அதீதா சுரலோக சிகாமணியே.[/FONT]

[FONT=Tscu_SaiIndira]This verse has been proved to be prophetic! Want to know the reason???
To get a dharshan of BAlAji we will need the
[/FONT]
[FONT=Tscu_SaiIndira]
New Aadhaaram also called as the Aadhaar card!!!
[/FONT]
[FONT=Tscu_SaiIndira]
[/FONT]
Aadhar card must for pilgrims to get 'privileged darshan' in Tirupati

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/.../aadhar-card...for...darshan/.../56114056.cm...

Dec 22, 2016 - Devotees will now have to produce their ID cards for 'darshan' at Tirumala TirupatiDevasthanam. Executive officer of Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams which governs the shrine, took this decision to prevent misuse of the facilities.

Remember the very popular song "பாட்டும் நானே! பாவமும் நானே!!"

Recently I had to admit that " காரணம் நானே! காரியம் நானே!!!"

The story will unfold (may be) tomorrow! :blah:

Latest ads

Back