• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Think or sink!

During the first eye operation the patient was scared.

During the second eye operation the doctor was scared due to
Increasing eye pressure, rapid eye movements and what not!

Already the old gentleman wants to read Newspaper/ watch T.V/ look at the new arrivals at What app. I was a good girl and refrained from reading, writing and looking at any screen for 6 whole weeks.

It pays in the long run to listen to good advice! :)

Once we had to prepare something to eat for the pundits in a record time.

I offered to prepare veN pongal and it was ready in less than 10 minutes.

I set the water to boil in the pressure pan. I prepared the other ingredients and added it to the boiling water. The time wasted was due to waiting before we could open the pressure pan lid.

So this time when I visited the same house, I was asked me to prepare the veN pongal.

It turned to be the best pongal I have ever made in my life.

The fresh ghee, fried cashew nuts, dry ginger power, curry leaves, pepper, jeera etc filled the house with an irresistible and spicy aroma.

I had already cleaned up their swami room, lit the lamp and dhoop stick, put flowers for the pictures of Gods, made the kolam etc.

So the old lady the house decided to offer milk to God, do a namaskar and enjoy the pongal along with us. She was in a such great hurry that while coming out of the swami room the small difference in the level between those two rooms made her lose balance.

She sat down, fell back, banged her head against the edge of the wall and started bleeding heavily.
The snow white hair drenched the fresh gushing blood was a scary sight. The only other persons present in the house were me, my husband and the daughter of the old lady.

I grabbed a ball of cotton, made it slightly moist and held it over the cut with all my might. The first ball got completely soaked with blood. The second ball got partly soaked before I could arrest the flow of the blood. My husband helped the old lady to her feet.

The daughter called for an ambiance and the trio rushed to the emergency room. Luckily the old lady was out of danger with no scary consequences, She had the cut stitched and dressed. She was allowed to go home after a few hours of observation.

The first question she asked after coming home was "Where is the rest of the pongal?"

But by dire necessity I had given the pongal and the chutney to their servant - who worked straight for 3 hours in that home! I could not find anything else to give her!

Of course the servant was mighty pleased and will always remember me!

Conclusion:

I still owe an aromatic, tasty and mouth watering pongal to that old lady!
May be we will have better luck during the next visit!!!

Last edited:
We never know the greatness or smallness of a person until he/she speaks out!

The driver of the taxi engaged yesterday sounded very different even as he spoke on the phone.

He looked like everyone else until he started talking about the native medicines and miracle doctors aka naadi vaidhiyargaL.

He recited stanzas from Thiru Manthiram - not the very popular ones - with great ease.

He had been doing Uzhavaarap paNi in the local Vinayaka temple for several years.

He also mocked at how the temple priests never miss an opportunity to convert the intensity of our Bhakthi into hot liquid cash.

"Enna uththirattaathi? eppadi irukkEL? maami varalaiyA? enakku enna koNdu vanthirukkEL"??

MORAL

Never judge a book by its looks and a man by his chosen profession!!!

Last edited:
When we were very eager to perform abhishekham and archanai at the local temple the first condition the priest laid was "AaLUkku nooRu roopaai dhakshiNai KodukkaNum!"

The notice board read otherwise. It was specifically stated that the cost of any vazhipaadu INCLUDES the dhakshiNai for the priest.

I started wondering whether the term "AaLUkku" means each those two greedy priests or
each of the five devoted persons who turned up to witness the abhishEka aaraadhanai!

Last edited:
I remember the way the Pazhani PaNdArams fleeced our nephew who was unmistakably American in his looks, speech, actions and also had no second thoughts about throwing in money in God's name.

Small wonder every single girl / woman we come across is beautiful in a unique way!

Some have the most beautiful forehead and hair line
(like Nadhiya the Tamil heroine of the yesteryear)

Some have the most beautiful eyes / eye brows/ long curved eyelashes etc

Some have the most perfect nose and thin nostrils which do not stand put like sore thumbs!

Some have the perfect rows of pearly teeth or the most luscious full lips.

As we down things may become more and more interesting/ impressive / attractive.

What makes every girl/ woman beautiful in a special way???

Here is the answer! Please read on!

9#1s. பெண்ணினம்
பிரபஞ்சத்தில் உள்ள பெண்கள் அனைவரும்
பிரகிருதியின் கலையம்சத்தில் தோன்றியவர்.

பெண்ணை அவமதிப்பது பிரகிருதியை அவமதிப்பது!
பெண்விடும் கண்ணீர் மாறும் கொல்லும் படையாக.

மங்கலப் பெண்டிருக்கு, எட்டு வயது கன்னியருக்கு,
மங்கலப் பொருட்கள் தந்து வணங்கிட வேண்டும்.

சமம் ஆகும் இவர்களை இங்ஙனம் வணங்குவது
சர்வேஸ்வரி தேவியை உபசரித்து வழிபடுவதற்கு.

நற்குணங்களும், நன்னடத்தையும் கொண்டவர்
கற்புக்கரசிகள் ஆவர்; உத்தமப் பெண்கள் ஆவர்.

தோன்றியுள்ளனர் பிரகிருதியின் சத்துவ அம்சமாக.
இன்பமாக இல்லப் பணிகளைச் செய்யும் இனியவர்!

மத்திம ஸ்த்ரீக்கள் ரஜோ குணம் மிகுந்தவர்கள்;
உத்தம சுக போகங்களை நாடும் சுயநலவாதிகள்.

அதம ஸ்த்ரீக்கள் தாமச குணம் மிகுந்தவர்கள்;
ஏதேதோ குலங்களில் பிறந்தவர்கள் இவர்கள்.

துர்குணங்கள் மலிந்து மிகுந்தவர்கள் இவர்கள்;
ஆர்வம் வம்பு தும்புகளில்; யாருக்கும் அடங்கார்!

நடத்தை கெட்ட அத்தனை பெண்களும் அதமர்.
குடியைக் கெடுக்கும் அத்தனை பேரும் அதமர்!

உலகம் உய்ய வேண்டும்! விசாலம். K. ராமன்

9#s. The female gender

All the creatures belonging to the female gender, everywhere in the Universe, form parts of Prakruti. So to insult any woman is to insult the Prakruti Devi herself.

If one worships a chaste Brahmin woman, who has her husband and son living, by presenting her with new clothes, ornaments, and sandal paste, he is actually worshipping Prakruti Devi Herself.

If a Vipra (Brahmin) worships an eight year old virgin girl and presents her with new clothes, ornaments and sandal paste, he too is worshiping The Prakruti
Devi Herself.

The best (utthama), the mediocre (the madhyama) , and the worst (adhama) women have all sprung from Prakruti Devi. Those women that are sprung from Devi’s Sattva GuNa are all very good, soft natured and chaste.

Those that are sprung from Devi’s Rajo GuNa are the mediocre women very much attached to worldly enjoyments and carnal pleasures and who are always extremely self centered.

Those that are sprung from Devi’s Tamo GuNa are recognized as the worst type of women. They are cheats and ruin their families. They are fond of their own free will and ways and are extremely quarrelsome.

Such women become prostitutes in this world and ApsarAs in the Heavens. The Hermaphrodites are parts of Prakriti but they too are born out of Tamo GuNas.

Life is neither a bed of roses not a bed of thorns.
But higher the pain gate... the better for us in many ways!
Women may have a greater or higher gate to let in pain!
Please read on to understand what is being conveyed here!

82. Pain Gate Theory

Pain originates within the body and is difficult to be measured objectively. Pain perception is highly subjective. It is a matter of one’s mind. Cultural factors, personality and mental attitudes influence the sensation of pain. Extroverts report more pain than introverts.

Whether or not we feel the pain is determined by more than the nature and intensity of the external stimulus. Women seem to bear the pain better than their male counterparts.

The feat performed by the Indian fakirs by sleeping on a bed of nails would be unthinkable–even in the wildest dreams of the westerners.

That the pain can be controlled by thought alone has led to the new theory of pain perception, called The Pain Gate Theory. In order to feel a pain, the pain signal must be strong enough to force its way through the pain gate–a real anatomical structure in the spinal cord.

This pain gate protects us from trivial pains and aches. Cortex which produces endorphins, the natural pain killers in the brain, feeds this gate. Its release can effectively close the pain gate and decrease the level of the pain experienced.

Nerve fibers with small diameter carry the pain stimuli through the pain gate. Nerve fibers with larger diameter passing through the same gate can inhibit those pain signals carried by the smaller ones.

Chemical released in response to the pain stimuli also influences whether the gate is open or shut to the pain signals. The pain gate can be shut, by stimulating the nerves carrying the touch signals, through massage techniques, rubbing, application of ice packs etc.

Acupuncture stimulates the release of natural opioids, chemicals inhibiting the transmission of pain signals. So to say, “We can fight one pain with another pain”.

Visalakshi Ramani

https://visalakshiramani.wordpress.com/articles/wonderful-body/pain-gate-theory/

Last edited:
"Adhuvum nanmaikkE!" "Idhuvum nanmaikkE!""Ellaam nanmaikkE!" :hail:

Ankles getting swollen like a pair of anacondas had been my chronic problem since many years.

At night the swelling will subside and during the day the swelling will surely return.

As usual no one bothered about this - including me!

It became an everyday affair - so to say it had a yo-yo effect on my legs, ankles and feet!

The bad fall in the bathroom the day before we left for our home caused me to go for a wheel chair.

The fall from the wheel chair in the railway station made me go to my physiotherapist.

Then I had to go to an ortho-surgeon and then to diabetologist.

The skin condition was finally diagnosed as cellulitis.

It had affected me without causing any temperature - God Only Knows When!

Un-Diagnosed and untreated the affected area on the calf muscle had become larger, more purple in color and harder over a period of time. It would allow the blood flow down under gravity but will block it from going back again, thus causing the swollen legs, ankles and feet!

This might have gone on for several more years - as I have a very high pain gate.

So I did not need the total knee replacement OR the steroid injection at the ankle joints OR the chain of antibiotics OR admission into a hospital.

Waiting has its own rewards. Rushing has its own hazards. Now I know the condition, its seriousness, the non aggressive home treatment available and the duration to get back to normal.

Please read on since it might be useful many others who have ignored (or been ignorant like me
of ) a similar medical problem!

http://www.natural-homeremedies.com/top-natural-cures-for-cellulitis/

Last edited:
doodle1.jpg

December Global Festivities Marked by Google Doodle | Time

time.com › Newsfeed › Google Doodle

6 days ago - Google is celebrating the December Global Festivities with a new interactive Doodle series about birds visiting family for the holidays.

SEASON'S GREETINGS AND BEST WISHES FOR A

VERY HAPPY AND PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR 2018!

வெள்ளி நாணயங்கள்

ஒவ்வொரு நாளும் உங்களுக்கு நான்,
ஒவ்வொரு மூட்டைநிறைய நாணயங்கள்,
அள்ளி அள்ளி தினம் தந்திட்டால், நீங்கள்
உள்ளம் மகிழ்ந்து என்ன செய்வீர்கள்?

நான் தரும் நாணயங்கள் மாறுபட்டவை.
நன்றாகச் செலவு செய்ய முடியும், ஆனால்
மாற்றி வேறு யாருக்கும் கொடுக்கவோ, அன்றி
மறுநாள் கணக்கில் சேர்க்கவோ இயலாது!

பயன் படுத்தியே ஆக வேண்டும், உங்களால்
இயன்றவரை. இல்லாவிட்டால் முழுவதுமாய்
மறைந்து விடும் அந்த மாயப் பண மூட்டை;
என்று இருந்தால் நீங்கள் என்ன செய்வீர்கள்?

ஒவ்வொரு வெள்ளி நாணயத்தையும்,
ஒழுங்காக உமக்கு மிகவும் பிடித்ததை,
வாங்கச் செலவு செய்து மனம் மகிழ்வீர் .
வந்ததை வீணாக்க மாட்டீர் அல்லவா?

இறைவன் நமக்கு ஒவ்வொரு நாளும்,
இனிய 86,400 நொடிகள் அளிக்கின்றான்.
நம்மால் அதை மாற்றவும் முடியாது!
நம்மால் அதை சேமிக்கவும் முடியாது!

“ஒரு முறை போனால் போனது தான்!” என்றாலும்
ஓராயிரம் நொடிகளை நாம் வீணடிக்கின்றோம்!
பணம் என்றால் பாங்காக உள்ள எல்லோரும்,
மனம் போலக் காலத்தை விரயம் செய்கின்றோம்!

ஒவ்வொரு நொடியை வீணாக்கும் போதும்,
ஒவ்வொரு நாணயம் உருண்டோடுவது போல;
எண்ணிப் பார்த்தால் உண்மை விளங்கும்,
எண்ணுவோம், நொடிகளையும் வீணாக்காமல்!

வாழ்க வளமுடன்,
விசாலாக்ஷி ரமணி

SILVER COINS.

Suppose I present you with a bagful of silver coins everyday, what will you do? The coins I give you are different . You may spend them to your heart’s delight but you can not save them nor can you transfer them to the next day’s account. Either you use them or lose them – as the unspent money will disappear into thin air!

What will you under these circumstances?

You will be careful to spend each coin well and intelligently, in getting the things you cherish most. You won’t want to waste the coins or lose them for ever!

God gives each and every one of us, everyday, a wonderful bag containing 86,400 precious seconds. We can spend them but we can neither transfer them nor save them. Time wasted is lost for ever!

Yet how many seconds, minutes and hours we just waste everyday! We are extremely careful not to waste even one rupee but we never bother about the 1000s of seconds we waste just like that!

If we imagine a silver coin rolling away from our collection every time we waste a second, we will realize the value of time and use it wisely.

https://visalramani.wordpress.com/about/%E0%AE%89%E0%AE%B2%E0%AE%95%E0%AE%AE%E0%AF%81%E0%AE%AE%E0%AF%8D-%E0%AE%A8%E0%AE%BE%E0%AE%AE%E0%AF%81%E0%AE%AE%E0%AF%8D/%E0%AE%B5%E0%AF%86%E0%AE%B3%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%B3%E0%AE%BF-%E0%AE%A8%E0%AE%BE%E0%AE%A3%E0%AE%AF%E0%AE%99%E0%AF%8D%E0%AE%95%E0%AE%B3%E0%AF%8D/

Which of these is more important ????

Regaining good eye sight???? :decision: recovering the money spent on the eye surgery???

I bet getting the sight is more important than getting the money!

When the eyes need rest we must give rest to them.

The rest of the things have to wait for their turn!!! :clock:

The 8 hours long monthly power cut has both merits and defects.

Merit:
We catch up with all the pending work which do not need electricity!

Defect:
The dark rooms and hot air feel so different - since there is none of the lights or fans is on!

Even though the external stimuli can be exactly the same the experiences differ from person to person depending on the alertness/ observation/ sensitivity etc.

The A, B, C, D of my eye surgery!

cleardot.gif

A...Anaesthesia

That which I resisted successfully for the third time - when administered in normal doses and normal methods.
( A true hat-trick!) :hat:

B...Blood test

That which includes everything - even screening for HIV(!!!) for a cataract surgery in the eye. :shocked:

C...Circus

The art of getting into the taxi (parked at right angles to the ramp with a steep 45 degree inclination) without tumbling in to the lap of the nit wit driver or getting a foot squashed by the heavy swinging door. :juggle:

The man who was supposed to hold the door open for me???
He had settled in the back seat - charging in like a lion who had spotted a spotted deer. :rolleyes:

D...Deathly pallor

That which was invariably seen on the faces of all the uneducated ladies who feared a needle in their eye ball and looked paler than a white bedsheet.
:scared:

Taking care of one's mother is the greatest service a son/ daughter can perform!

Visiting one's mother residing in a sibling's house is to be admired...no doubts.

But is it right to visit without giving any prior intimation - with one's large family?

One need to get in a bus or a train for the visit.

One must inform the hosting sibling (at least after getting into the bus/train) about the proposed visit!

Otherwise this is what will happen and did happen today in the neighborhood!!!

The spouse of the hosting sibling would have to rush from his office to buy the groceries.

The hosting sibling will have to cook for the entire clan in a great hurry :roll:

since she does not have an Akshaya paatram or Amudha surabhi!

Serves them right for making such unannounced visits!!! :moony:

The E, F, G, H of my eye surgery!

E.....E.C.G

That which I got through successfully - without making the pointer jump like a regular jerk, thereby making the graph unacceptable, as had been my custom.

(A truly Magnetic personality???)

I was told once that I had two hearts in the place of one heart. The cardiologist was so convinced and convincing that I had to rush to a reputed institution to make sure that I had just one heart like everyone else - though a little larger than the normal size.

After all 'Visala' need not qualify ONLY my eyes!!! Right??? :rolleyes:

F...Fasting

That which is inevitable unless we go to the clinic well prepared with backups like biscuits and cool / hot / soft drinks. When I went for the operation of the first eye, my stomach managed to digest itself (and both the intestines as well) by 3-30 P. M - after digesting the light B/F I had eaten at 7 -30 A. M.

We carried some grub when we went for the operation of the second eye. Wiser after the event- most of us are usually! :rolleyes:

G ...Greed

That which is universally present in the eyes of every driver of every auto and every taxi. The auto-walah demands 150% of the meter fare where as the taxi-walah wants the amount rounded up to the next higher multiple of 100! (Daylight robbery by bandits without wearing masks)

H...Haircut

That which was done to my eyelashes as the first thing in the clinic. My lovely long curly lashes were trimmed down to their roots mercilessly. :(

This honor was not given to the others since they hardly had any lashes.
My already 'Muttaik kaNgaL' have now become 'mottaik kaNgaL' as well! :Cry:

"How can I go out looking like an alien, with my eyes resembling a pair of shaved eggs?"
"Wear the goggles!" was the instantaneous Eureka answer. :cool:

Those two kids were noisy, bossy and fussy.
The colony has become silent since 4 days.
You too can guess the reason very easily!
Those kids are visiting their uncles and aunts in A.P.
I bet they are repeating their skilled performance in a new venue!

My Dad was right - as he always used to be. :thumb:

Children are to be seen and NOT heard! :Cry:

Inside every beautiful :angel: there lurks a screaming banshee! :bolt:

He also defined the expression 'The joy of motherhood'

as the time when the kids take a nap or go to sleep. :sleep:

But there is catch in it since the siblings may NOT go to sleep/nap at the same time.

While one of them sleeps the other keeps up the siren-routine.

When the sleeping kid wakes up they both exchange their roles very promptly!

The parents of the noisy bossy kids are feeling completely lost :pout:

or finding time for each other after their honeymoon long ago! :hug:

The I, J, K, L of my eye surgery!

I...I Site

The most expensive capsule for better eye sight - which we have to buy for minimum 3 months with the cost running close to 2K!

J...Joy

The joy of seeing well defined features and photos - without having to reach for the spectacles - even in the dim light of the night lamp.

K...Knife

That which has become a thing of the past thankfully! :hail:

L...Lens

The thinness of the lens depends on the thickness of the purse. The thickness of the lens depends on the personal requirement of the man/ woman who has got operated.

A word of warning:
The costlier lens is not necessarily the better lens!

Earning a Good name as a good wife is very easy WHEN the husband is good, smart and able to think clearly.

He must listen to the others, watch the things happening around but make his own decisions correctly.

If he recognizes the merits in his wife and her intellect, he better listen to her words of wisdom.

Mostly men listen to the wife when they should NOT and in what is not practical wisdom.

Most men think that their wife is dumb jadam-since she has to pretend to be one to let peace prevail in the house.

But these are things of the past.

Now chicks rule the world and the hens peck the roosters.

In the PurANas every apsaras lays a condition to the king before she marries him saying, "If you ask me any questions or object to any of my actions, I will leave you then and there, without giving any prior notice!"

Well apparently all the apsaras have been born as young and beautiful girls all over the world in this Kali Yugam.

One word of negation or one question or one objection...will make her disappear from the man's life like smoke or a dream.

Small wonder all our thambigaL have "asthiyil jwaram!" while the liberated girls do not know when, where and how to stop enjoying their liberation and freedom.

P.S:

I hope I get to read the prenuptial contract of one such (boom boom mAdu) maappiLLai and his crafty wife!

கொஞ்சிப் பேசி…

தேவை இன்றி அழுகின்ற ஆண்களையும்,
தேவை இன்றிச் சிரிக்கும் பெண்களையும்,
நம்பக்கூடாது என்பார் அறிவுடையோர்.
நல்ல பயனுள்ள அறிவுரைதான் இது.

அவசியம் இன்றி அதிகப் பணிவுடன்,
அழகிய ஒரு சிறு குழந்தை போலக்
கொஞ்சிக் கொஞ்சிப் பேசி மயக்கும்
வஞ்சியர்களிடம் உஷார் உஷார்!

வஞ்சகமாக ஒரு வலை விரிக்கவே,
கொஞ்சிக் கெஞ்சுவர் சில வஞ்சியர்.
வலையில் சிக்கினால் நாம், சிலந்தி
வலையில் சிக்கின ஒரு பூச்சிதான்.

வில் வணக்கம் தீங்கு குறிப்பது போன்றே,
சொல் வணக்கமும் தீங்கைக் குறிக்கும்.
வெளித் தோற்றத்துக்கு மயங்கிவிடும்
வெகுளிகளின் கதியோ அதோகதி!

சின்ன மீன்களைப் போட்டுப் பிடிப்பார்கள்
சில மனிதர்கள், மிகப் பெரிய மீன்களை;
கொள்ளை கொள்ளும் சிரிப்பால் மயக்கிக்
கொள்ளை அடிப்பார் சில வஞ்சியர்.

காரணம் இன்றிக் குழைவோரிடம் மிக
கவனமாகவே நீங்கள் இருந்திடுங்கள்.
காரியம் ஆகவேண்டியே நடிக்கும் அந்த
காரிகைகள் வாழ்வினை அழித்திடுவர்.

விழிப்புடன் இருந்தால் மட்டுமே
பிழைத்துக் கொள்ள முடியும்.
வழுக்கிவிட்டோம் எனில் வாழ்வே
நழுவிப் போய்விடும் அல்லவா?

வாழ்க வளமுடன்,விசாலாக்ஷி ரமணி.

DECEIT AND ENDEARMENT.

An old adage says that we should not trust men who cry unnecessarily and women who laugh unnecessarily. Some young girls feign humility and speak in high pitched sweet voices imitating young children.

They do so to spread an invisible net to catch their unsuspecting prey – in the form of innocent and young men. Once caught in their net, the fate of these men will be the same as the insects caught in the spider web.

The bent bow does not show us respect. It is in fact getting ready to shoot out an arrow. In the same way innocent people who get cheated by the external appearances are taken for a ride.

In order to catch a big fish, we have to use a small fish the bait. These scheming girls use their beauty as a bait to lure young men.

Beware of person who is unnaturally humble or sweet or friendly. They feign these qualities to get what they want. Unless we are on guard, we are sure to end up feeling miserable.

https://visalramani.wordpress.com/about/உலகமும்-நாமும்/91-கொஞ்சிக்-கொஞ்சிப்-பேசி/

உப்பும், உறைப்பும்

பெற்ற பிள்ளைகளைப் பேணி வளர்ப்பது
பெற்றோர் கடமை, பிறந்தவர் உரிமை;
பேணி வளர்த்ததற்குக் கூலி கேட்டால்,
பெற்றோர் என்ற பெரிய பெயர் எதற்கு?

பெண்களைப் பூட்டி வைத்த காலம், இன்று
போன இடம் தெரியவில்லை! உண்மை.
ஆண்களுக்கு நிகராக இவர்கள் உலகை
ஆள்வதும் இன்று நாம் காணும் உண்மை.

படிக்க வைத்தவர்களுக்கு நன்றியுடன்
பிடித்தது எல்லாம் செய்து கொடுப்பார்;
அடுத்தவன் மனைவியாக ஆன பின்பும்
கொடு கொடு என இவர்கள் படுத்தலாமா?

“வாழு, வாழ விடு” என்பதற்கு இணங்க
வாழ்த்தி அவளை வாழ விடவேண்டாமா?
வாழச் சென்றவளை வலுக்கட்டாயமாக
வம்பில் மாட்டுவதை வாடிக்கை ஆக்கலாமா?

கட்டிக் கொடுத்த பெண்ணிடம் இருந்து,
கட்டுச் சோறு கூட வாங்கமாட்டார்கள்!
கட்டுப்பட்டிகள் எனக் கூறி நகையாதீர்,
கட்டுப்பாட்டுடன் வாழ்ந்த அவர்களை.

தாயும் சேயும் ஆனாலும் அவர்கள்
வாயும் வயிறும் வேறு வேறு தானே!
தாய்க்காகச் சேய் உண்ண முடியுமா?
தாயின் பசிதான் தீர்ந்து போகுமா?

ஆட்டி வைக்கும் பெற்றோர்களை
அடக்கத் தெரியாமல், பெண்கள்
ஆட்டுக் குட்டி போலக் கணவனை
ஆட்டி வைக்கும் கொடுமை காணீர்!

யாருக்கும் வெட்கம் இல்லைதான்!
யாரிடமும் யாசிக்கத் தயாரானவர்கள்
யோசிக்க வேண்டும், இப்படியும் உலகில்
சுவாசித்து நாம் வாழ வேண்டுமா என்று.

ஒட்டுண்ணியாக மாறும் பெற்றோர்கள்,
உப்பு இட்டு உணவு உண்பது நலம் தரும்.
ஓரம் கட்டப்படும் கணவன்மார்கள் சிறிது
உறைப்புடன் உணவு உண்பது நலம் தரும்!

வாழ்க வளமுடன்,
விசாலாக்ஷி ரமணி.

SALT AND PEPPER.

It is the duty of parents to bring up their children – whom they have brought into the world – properly and make them useful citizens . If they demand anything in return for their service, they do not deserve to be called as parents.

There was a time when girls were locked up in the house – once they attained puberty. But those days are gone with the wind. Now the girls study better than the boys and have entered into every profession to perform equally well.

Girls remain grateful to their parents life-long and give them every possible happiness and comfort. But it is improper for the parents to go on demanding for more and more, even after she gets married.

After her marriage, she becomes a part of another family which may need her earnings. By going on demanding the parents will cause unnecessary friction in the family of the girl’s in laws.

There was a time when the parents of a married daughter will not accept anything from her – even the paltry gifts. They would make their ends meet within their limited means by living simple and strict but satisfied life.

Mother bears the child. But the mother is not the child nor is the child the mother. The child can’t eat to appease the hunger of the mother.

Some of the married daughters remain more loyal to their parents than to their husbands. Instead of
controlling the demanding parents, they control the husband into submission and make him as docile as a little lamb. They will have their way and their say.

Parents are becoming quite shameless and unprincipled. While making demands to their married daughters, they must pause for a second to think whether they are doing the right thing.

The spineless husband must also think of the principles involved and refuse to become putty in the hands of their wives. Spineless husband and shameless parents will turn out to be a dangerous combination.

There is a belief that salt will develop the sense of shame and the pepper will add pep to the p
erson’s character.

https://visalramani.wordpress.com/about/உலகமும்-நாமும்/99-உப்பும்-உறைப்பும்/

The M, N, O, P of my eye surgery!

M...Masked angels in a luminous heaven!

The pretty young doctor and her numerous assistants, clad in snow white clothes, in the operation theater.

N...Noise from the outer space?

The weird noise made by the gadgets during the surgery, resembling the eerie sound from outer space.

O...Operation theater

A brilliant and luminous heaven - without the smoke and clouds we assume to go with it. It is so brilliantly lit that we are blinded by the light since both the irises are dilated.

One or more of the gentle angels dressed in white help us to get to the operation table and than out of the room after the surgery is over.

P...Purse

That which decides the level of comfort in everything and everywhere
whether the room allotted is A.C or the non A.C - to say the least.
Those who opt for the laser surgery will have to shell nearly thrice the amount the others do.

But they feel happy when they get a spot in the notice board to exhibit their photographs with their autograph under their note of appreciation.

The old lady has become a bag of bones. She used to be so tall and hefty before I left for USA.

She is bedridden and has dialysis done twice a week. Her cunning daughter had tried to snatch all

her sprawling property by manipulating this uneducated lady.

The son and D.I.L are super smart. Partition took place and the rest of the family has vanished

with their share of the loot! I am glad the son took on himself the responsibility of the old lady and

not leave her to die in the streets!

I bet both parties had exchanged unwanted and unforgettable words during the dispute.

But a wise saying goes thus, "Kutram paarkkin sutram illai!"

(If you look for the defects in the others, you won't have any relatives left !)

It is true that our tongue is our best friend and worst enemy!!

People believe that to be "Good" one must also be a "dumbo".
If you are alert and smart to take care of yourself and your needs
then you must be really a very wicked and an evil person...
even if you don't harm even an ant or cheat or loot anyone!

Latest ads

Back